Author Topic: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Game Over  (Read 69395 times)

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
Re: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2010, 09:15:37 PM »
Well, with Chaore dead, next on the line is Kanako. And Chao's flip doesn't make it any better for him.
Both had bad things to say about the other, as pretty much everyone has, but didn't went any further. Kanako who was just voting into the popular wagons completely avoided Chaore's. And Charo who was desperately trying to take the pressure off him and into someone else didn't consider Kanako, even when he was shaping up as a possible alternative.
So it's basically ##Vote Kanako.

@Alice: The Pesco thing was that when I was first reading the thread, he say or asked stuff that happened to be crossing my mind as well, so I got a good first impression of him. Wasn't too pleased with how he played out the rest of the day, but that's kind of irrelevant now.
About Chaore, he posted that he thought I would likely vote him, just when I was about to post my vote on him. I thought it was an amusing coincidence that would seem obvious to anyone reading the posts in sequence.

@Tom: I don't get your case. It seems to be based that instead of voting for someone I had more recently-found reasons to be scummy (Kanako), I was wagoning someone who was likely town at close look (Chaore). I thought I had made clear that both seemed equally scummy to me, Chaore I had already pegged before and nothing about him got better between my posts, and I was indecisive about it. In the end I voted Chaore because he was more likely to be lynched if the wagon was kept on him, while diverting votes into 'nako at time might not be effective.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2010, 09:22:49 PM »
EBWOP: Kilga, can you fix my tags in my previous post?

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2010, 09:56:13 PM »
*teh Rereadz

On Rat, I somewhat disagree with the #272. Other than that, nothing else.

On Kanako, #243, Either it's truly (meta) thinking that Chaore had some problems with self-defense, or he just threw a rope to Chaore and see what he could do with it, and in #260, he strikes me of the faults above on Nietz as well, though not that blatant:
Rou, at this point it actually doesn't look like you're going to be lynched this day
And he comments nothing useful about Chaore's situation. So much for it.

UK's #66 seems a little... rushy. I won't point out behavior things, but talking about Lylo when we're just starting the game somehow doesn't hit me right. That and she acted like the thing me and other people pointed to Chaore. She immediately dropped it afterwards, though. #147 has this feeling of a subliminal message for Kanako to vote on UD, #149 has it a little as well. The sudden change of heart in #158-#160, I do not really know at this point if it's a little caring for town, assertively worried or a "just as planned" for scum, given the things in #66. I need to think this over a little, given that most of this has a percentage of intuition and in a moment of lulz, it just doesn't work that well.

On Nietz, Restating what I said before, now a little more clear, Nietz's vote to Chaore in #261 looks like he's either using a random number generator or he just gave up and pointed up scumbuddy for the sake of salvation, this was already pointed by Tom.

@Alice: The Pesco thing was that when I was first reading the thread, he say or asked stuff that happened to be crossing my mind as well, so I got a good first impression of him. Wasn't too pleased with how he played out the rest of the day, but that's kind of irrelevant now.

I think we would all love to hear why weren't you pleased with Pesco's play.

In the end I voted Chaore because he was more likely to be lynched if the wagon was kept on him, while diverting votes into 'nako at time might not be effective.

Okay, no.
1. People aren't happy with his plays.
2. There was enough time for something to happen, while I won't put up exaggerating things like "Whoo Kanako might have turned the tables on Chaore", there was still enough time for votes on his side.
3. Effective as in "My vote's in vain?". While Carthrat and Alice were split on how far we should take this, this movement was more of an excuse of "I don't want to shoot in the dark, so I'll go with the easiest one (include my scumbuddy or not)".

##Vote: Nietz

Powerup punchin'!

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2010, 09:56:51 PM »
Let's see.

This is very interesting.  At this stage in the game, UD had 7 votes and Chaore was nowhere near being lynched.  Barring a fantastic miracle from two newbie players, this effectively clears UD-->Roukanken as town.

I believe the swing-vote logic also helps to clear Kitten4U, as seen here.  At the very least I have no other reason to believe her to be scum.

Alice in general is so pro-town I don't even know why scum bothered killing pesco last night.  This makes him so not-scum it actually comes out the other side and makes me kind of suspicious of him again, because he is a magnificent scum bastard when given that role.  But hey, pro-town is pro-town.  If he's scum, he's not showing it.

I'll throw a tentative clear on Jam as well, as the vote here came at a time when the Chaore train was slowing down.  Again, not something I think scum would do.

This from Nietz is hilarious, and practically screams last-minute bus.  Public Enemy #1 goes to Nietz.

##vote Nietz

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2010, 10:52:38 PM »
Day 2 Vote Chart

Nietz (4): EvilTom, Alice Margatroid, Kerigis, Edible
Zakeri (1): Kanako
Kanako (2): UncertainKitten, Nietz

Lotsa people not voting.

8 Votes to a lynch. 41 hours remain.

EBWOP: Kilga, can you fix my tags in my previous post?

Deputy mod, on the case!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2010, 10:58:24 PM »
Busy and half-asleep, so this post is going to be quick. 

Lots of people look bad after that flip, most notably UK and Kanako.  I don't have anything to add to the case on Kanako atm.  UK's issues stem from what Rou pointed out, liking that IIoA post that Chaore posted when she first read it (it's notable because there wasn't much pressure on Chaore yet, and then when there was she calls him out on it) and just generally seeming to think that that Chaore looked fine until there was pressure on him.  Both look really bad, but I think UK looks worse.

##Vote UncertainKitten

Due to the speed that the Chaore wagon grew at and the fact that there was no real other wagon (I guess Kanako was the closest thing?), there was probably some scum on Chaore's wagon.  I'll agree with everyone and say that Nietz looks the worst (consider me okay with a Nietz lynch as well) out of that group.  I don't think Arashi looks good either for reasons Alice brought up and this makes me raise my eyebrow a bit.  Not sure if it's a coincidence that Arashi happened to roll a 5 on the d20 (Chaore was 5) before deciding to roll the physically impossible die, but it feels a little weird to me.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2010, 11:11:50 PM »
Of all the reasons to vote me...you picked this, Rou?
It's a good reason, IMO, and links you directly to scum. Sorry for not writing an essay on the subject and making my points simple.
Does adding 'cheerleading the Chaore lynch at 247' satisfy you?

Nietz case makes some sense. Backs off UD on 228, says he's suspicious of Chaore and immediately does...nothing. Not even placing a vote on him for the sake of pressure. Really? Still think UK's connection to Chaore is a little clearer, though.

Not seeing the Sodium case as much as some people. Likewise 'Nako feels like a sort of struggling player being exploited. Want Zak to FREAKING SAY SOMETHING.

Holding my vote where it is right now.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2010, 11:16:44 PM »
It's probably the worst reason out of all the passable ones, Rou. But whatever. I can't really argue anything from yesterday. I was unlucky. Hence why I'm trying to find the real scum 'fore I get mislynched.

What do you think of NEETz, Rou?

Due to the speed that the Chaore wagon grew at and the fact that there was no real other wagon (I guess Kanako was the closest thing?), there was probably some scum on Chaore's wagon.  I'll agree with everyone and say that Nietz looks the worst (consider me okay with a Nietz lynch as well) out of that group.  I don't think Arashi looks good either for reasons Alice brought up and this makes me raise my eyebrow a bit.  Not sure if it's a coincidence that Arashi happened to roll a 5 on the d20 (Chaore was 5) before deciding to roll the physically impossible die, but it feels a little weird to me.

Allow me to ask how I should read this? As "Nietz looks the worst out of all the players", or "Nietz looks the worst out of the players on the wagon"?

Lots of people look bad after that flip, most notably UK and Kanako.  I don't have anything to add to the case on Kanako atm.  UK's issues stem from what Rou pointed out, liking that IIoA post that Chaore posted when she first read it (it's notable because there wasn't much pressure on Chaore yet, and then when there was she calls him out on it) and just generally seeming to think that that Chaore looked fine until there was pressure on him.  Both look really bad, but I think UK looks worse.

See, this would be good, except one thing. You never do really explain why I look worse than Kanako. I know I look terrible but I can't buy for even 3 seconds Kanako doesn't look worse. At least Rou gave an (albeit shitty) reason.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »
Roukan...I'm torn between Chaore slipping up with a name as Scum, and Chaore doing a namedrop of a Townie intentionally in case he went down. It is interesting to note that UK is the only person on Chaore's giant list'o'names in #254 and #259 to actually be named as Town without caveats. The issue with this kind of stuff, though, is that it's too wide-open to WIFOM to be valid. Cheerleading the Chaore wagon, however, IS a valid point against her. Hrm.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2010, 11:26:36 PM »
First off: lolwut@PescoNK

Zakeri: I doubt he's scum now, seeing as he's one of the first to vote Chaore, and second to call him 100% scum(first was Pesco). I would have no idea why scum would bus that early. Crazy scheme is possible, but Chaore wasn't really marked as a possible Day 1 lynch yet, until Zakeri supported Pesco's "U R SCUM". His certainty in that post was weird though, because it was barely 4 hours into the game. Whatever, there are other people

Nako is probscum. Votan all the wagons cept for Chaore's. (UD, UK, saying Zakeri was bad with little reason why). Either votes without reasoning or doesn't vote. Hesitation to do anything. Feels like he wants to be the average townie, and failed really badly.

Nietz: Uh, why would you decide that choosing between Chaore and Kanako came down to "Chaore is leading, so yeah"? The game doesn't require majority lynches, just who ever is leading in votes at the end. Chaore was leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else too, so yeah. That was a stupid way to decide who to vote, and is pretty obv bus.

Kanako and Nietz for scum.

Carth, Kitten4u, Rou and bofh are probtown.

Chaore's wall of ass makes me raise my eyebrows at UK because he says she's town, but I see no justification past "If she were scum, x, but she didn't". Only part I actually care about in those two posts because it actually seems like he put effort into that part. As in, post #s and everything. Seeing as he had an apparently dislike of actually showing any type of proof, this is notable.

Tom and Arashi are neutral. Late votes on scum could mean anything. Arashi has been nothing spectacular, and neither has Tom, I think.

Almost forgot Serp. Uh, I'm surprised he didn't say something about how pro-town starting conversation is(lolmeta). General Weirdness. Also, I find Serp's 286 similar to what Kanako said about Chaore in 243/260. Both are pretty much saying that Chaore made mistakes but he feels town. More damning for Kanako than Serp, but just something to note.

bofh: Dumb scum are usually the scum that get lynched Day 1. =V See VGT. Oh, and lots of waffles.

UK: The one where bofh kicked everyone's ass w/Doc Claim.
Already explained why I gave some leeway on Kanako's first post.

I finish off with
##Vote Kanako
Fine with Nietz, but Kanako really takes the cake after having his opening post of Day 2 just be voting his previous days suspicion that he never voted. No analysis of the flip at all.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #340 on: January 18, 2010, 11:33:35 PM »
Like I said, the case makes sense. He was quick on UD when the wagon was hot, then switched away when it died down and proceeded to do nothing with his vote. He was late on the wagon, so that gives him no credit. Still, I prefer the case on you, especially given your overblown debate with UD.

and Chaore doing a namedrop of a Townie intentionally in case he went down
Would Chaore do this on Page 2, when no-one was facing any sizable threat whatsoever? Do we assume he had that sort of foresight, or that he panicked at the sight of a potential bandwagon on a teammate? The latter seems more likely to me.

The one thing I think stands out to me for Nako is that (from my admittedly quick read) he was the only person to say 'Okay UK, you're overdoing this fight with UD, move on'. That gives me quite large Town vibes.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #341 on: January 18, 2010, 11:44:21 PM »
Like I said, the case makes sense. He was quick on UD when the wagon was hot, then switched away when it died down and proceeded to do nothing with his vote. He was late on the wagon, so that gives him no credit. Still, I prefer the case on you, especially given your overblown debate with UD.

Explain why the debate is at all having anything to do with my scumminess.

The one thing I think stands out to me for Nako is that (from my admittedly quick read) he was the only person to say 'Okay UK, you're overdoing this fight with UD, move on'. That gives me quite large Town vibes.

Read harder. I think several people have posted rather good guidelines on why 'Nako is far scummier than you are giving him credit for.

I'll be honest, my first instinct is to lump you with 'nako just for that. But, given everything else, I really can't.

Either way, I don't think there's much I can do against the...um..."points" raised against me so far. There are probably better ones, you know, ones involving my own behavior as opposed to what some scumtard did. While connections are important, I think you hang a little too much on the whole "OMG, Cha totally tried to defuse a random wagon on UK" thing. I think I've tried to do that as town before, though not so...um...retardedly phrased.

Either way, it is rather easy to frame me, so I think I'll welcome the "cases". I wanna see some other people come out of the woodwork with them so I can figure out who's paying attention and who's not. As well as possibly who's casing from a scum perspective and who's casing from a town.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2010, 11:46:39 PM »
Wait, why are you claiming that UK is Scummy principally on the fact that she kept going in a texual sparring match with UD for a time far, far longer than necessary? This is UK we're talking about (***WARNING: ALICE USED META ZERG HIS ASS UP NOW***), she's done this as Scum with a Scumbuddy (Bamboo Forest Mafia), and as Town against a Townie (whichever one Unesco was in...iirc, RWoS?), and really, this seems to be something she does regardless of alignment. Conversely, why is UD not scummy for staying in an argument with UK far, far longer than he should have? He was the person who started it in the first place...

Moreover, there's also the fact that pointless overarguing on any day is an Anti-Town behaviour, but not an inheritly Scummy behaviour.

You see, I do agree on the UK case, but the evidence that you use for it is just really weird, and not really all that valid imho.

@Roukan: as a general rule, though, I tend to disregard namedrops by Scum. Too much WIFOM potential. I do agree this particular case implicates UK more than a namedrop by Scum normally implicates someone, though...

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #343 on: January 19, 2010, 12:15:52 AM »
Explain why the debate is at all having anything to do with my scumminess.
Wasting time, perhaps?

Read harder. I think several people have posted rather good guidelines on why 'Nako is far scummier than you are giving him credit for.
Doesn't this case only really apply if every other wagon is Town? If, say, UK or Zak were scum it would make no sense. So either everyone else brought up D1 is clear, or this case is sorta weird. And I still take that 'calm the hell down' as very pro-Town.

Alice: 1. It's not principally, it's in conjunction with the namedrop and her flipflop cheerleading on Chaore.
2. In general I wouldn't take Unesco as proof of anything, mainly because lolhydra. Even so meta can be exploited, and she conveniently targets the easily-irritable newcomer.
Conversely, why is UD not scummy for staying in an argument with UK far, far longer than he should have? He was the person who started it in the first place...
He is. Like I've said before, UD's actions were pretty horrific and there's nothing I can do to defend them without being hypocritical. Thus, as the adage goes, the best defense is a good offense.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #344 on: January 19, 2010, 12:20:38 AM »
Wasting time, perhaps?

Then why aren't you guilty of the same?

2. In general I wouldn't take Unesco as proof of anything, mainly because lolhydra. Even so meta can be exploited, and she conveniently targets the easily-irritable newcomer.

UD? You know, the guy who spent two pages calling me out before I finally responded because he was being scummy?

Oh, well, I guess it makes sense you have to defend your replacement.

He is. Like I've said before, UD's actions were pretty horrific and there's nothing I can do to defend them without being hypocritical. Thus, as the adage goes, the best defense is a good offense.

A shame you fail even at that then.

Doesn't this case only really apply if every other wagon is Town? If, say, UK or Zak were scum it would make no sense. So either everyone else brought up D1 is clear, or this case is sorta weird. And I still take that 'calm the hell down' as very pro-Town.

Here we go, we got something. Elaborate on where my case is wrong/weird?

Further, you do realize the "calm the hell down" was really easy to add since the argument was mostly over at that point. And you don't find his sudden switch to you/UD after I say a couple things questioning what he meant odd at all?

I really would like Kanako's flip at this point. Nuclear replace out or not, I can't buy this as coming from someone town if they are indeed defending someone who is scum.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #345 on: January 19, 2010, 12:22:50 AM »
EBWOP:

* Uncertain Mikeneko Rock sighs

Actually, thinking on it, I probably could. Considering my situation is rather the same, ne? I think I'm just irritated that it's being so...missed, and that it's not even well explained missing. I'm sorry to say this Rou, but I think, at the moment, your reasoning for finding Kanako town is, quite frankly, crap.

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #346 on: January 19, 2010, 12:57:58 AM »
Let's see....

On MSB:

Zakeri: I doubt he's scum now, seeing as he's one of the first to vote Chaore, and second to call him 100% scum(first was Pesco). I would have no idea why scum would bus that early. Crazy scheme is possible, but Chaore wasn't really marked as a possible Day 1 lynch yet, until Zakeri supported Pesco's "U R SCUM". His certainty in that post was weird though, because it was barely 4 hours into the game. Whatever, there are other people

I do not really support that "first vote to scumwagon clears the person". Although, his vote was just "Chaore is scum" with nothing else. Don't know you, but this doesn't clear things a lot to me.

On UK:

If you're meaning UD, then it's a little bit awkward, because yeah he's guilty. Although now that's he's Rou it can't be reaaaly applied to it. I don't know how to put it in words, it's like, he's at fault, but he didn't do it... something like that.

If you do mean Rou, though, then I'd like to hear about it.

It's probably the worst reason out of all the passable ones, Rou. But whatever. I can't really argue anything from yesterday. I was unlucky. Hence why I'm trying to find the real scum 'fore I get mislynched.

This strikes me a little of that "subliminal message" or "cheerleading" as they're calling it now. Not enough to definitely point my finger or changing my vote, but I'm counting.

Powerup punchin'!

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #347 on: January 19, 2010, 12:59:25 AM »
Okay I'm not near finishing to read all of the posts, but my mom is bitching at me about how I'm wasting time and shit already.

Just posting to let you guys know I'm around.

I have a few ideas of who to keep my eyes on and will probably just reread later...

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #348 on: January 19, 2010, 02:09:57 AM »
Because I'm not basing cases on personal agendas.

Here we go, we got something. Elaborate on where my case is wrong/weird?
My point is 'why did he stay away from Chaore and only Chaore'? In terms of him being scum, it would only make sense if, well, everyone else he voted was Town. That's myself, you, and (to an extent since he got FoSd and generally dissed by him) Zakeri.

And you don't find his sudden switch to you/UD after I say a couple things questioning what he meant odd at all?
Quote from: Nako
I take what I said earlier back, rereading his posts it seems to be adequate reason to vote him, even for pressure.
This reads as noob Town, not stopping to consider how he'd look going through a total flipflop because he's too busy hunting.

In other news, OKAY SERIOUSLY ZAK YOU CAN TALK NOW.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #349 on: January 19, 2010, 03:40:43 AM »
Finally did that UK reread. First off, what's interesting to note is that it's quite possible the conflict/argument was actually started by UK, as she is the first to vote for UD in Post#32, to which UD responds with predictable levels of vitriol.

However, put into context, Chaore's infamous namedrop makes even less sense:
Quote from: UD #40
Everyone, vote for UK. She's a noble soul, so that even if she's Town, she'll happily die for the sake of providing information against the Scum menace.

And if she is scum, lynch lynch lynch!

Quote from: Chaore #43
You really can tell UD is new at this. Its NEVER good to lose a townie. Its less voting power, and possibly a role lost.

The only good time a townie is lost is when well, they're not worth keeping even if they're a townie.

That said, UK isn't dangerous enough as scum to warrant that.
Not only does it not have a clear implication that UK might be Chaore's buddy, how the hell does he know how "dangerous" UK is as Scum? He's a goddamn noob, who has never seen UK's Scum playstyle even IF he is Scumbuddies with her in this game. It's plausible he read an MS game, but that still does not make any sense as to why he'd state that.

He tries to explain it away in #85 after being caught on it by Zakeri:
Quote from: Chaore #85
I was afraid I'd get a condescending starter.

I'll address what I meant. Its not that there is no point, If she is scum, There is obviously a point. However, She can NOT be scum. The relative gain from her being taken out as scum seems to me to be less than the general worth of a townie. I didn't say 'If shes scum, No reason to kill her anyway'. I said 'Given we don't know if she is scum, there really are better targets for lynching.' Its opportunity cost.
Unfortunately, the Diabeetus quote from The Even More Most Shameful Thing In The World of "is this in English or is this in Hieroglyphics? I can't really tell" applies here yet again. If anyone can get anything useful out of this post, then, well, yeah. However, it seems to be worthless.

However, @UK #149: what EXACTLY did you like about Chaore's post#148? It is basically completely worthless reporter-style nonsense. All it does is attempt to implicate UD, and is followed with a subsequent vote for UD.

Post #185 still makes no sense. Why unvote UD? He was at L-2 on D1...i.e. in no danger of a quickhammer. You could be worried about the motivations of others on the wagon, but at the same time, why unvote him? However, the issue here is that I'm doing this read assuming a Town-UD (for reasons both myself and Edible have already outlined above), and it makes no sense for Scum-UK to hastily and hapazardly unvote a Town-UD in such a fashion. (Also I've done similar things as Town, which is why I'm not holding it against her *too* much at the moment). Also the fact that Arashi did the EXACT SAME THING in Post#204. Seriously, Kilga, could you please pass me an infinite-use dayvig? Please? Pretty please? Argh.

Serp's #216 still worries me for the timing of the start of an attempt of a wagon on Kanako more than anything else.

I'm STILL worried that UK called NEETz's post#142's UD vote as "alright", considering that his logic in that post literally is "UD is playing extremely poorly and will get himself lynched anyway so welp I might as well join this here bandwagon, derp-a-derp internet derp derp", and that there's more in that post about Chaore than UD, whereas UD complains that there's not enough said in that post about Chaore.

#266 is kind of disconcerting, admitting you "just skimmed the last couple posts" (including those for which you voted for Kanako over Chaore, as Kanako only started contributing on Page 8 ffs) to vote for someone else over "the most questionable UD wagoner", who was also likely progressing into the day's lynch.

And that's it for UK on D1. On the one hand, it's plausible that some of her analyses are Scum-motivated. On the other hand, it's telling that she gives people free passes for specifically voting UD. At this point, what needs to be determined is, is she doing this out of a desire, as Scum, to get Town-UD mislynched, or is she doing this out of a desire to get AlignmentIrrelevantHere-UD lynched, out of dislike of him as a person? UK has a bad habit of getting emotionally involved in these games far more than most people really should.

tl;dr possible Scum. I still think NEETz is more likely as Scum, and Kanako is a better target otherwise as it would contribute greatly to possible alignment information on Serp, UK and Roukan. I see no reason to move my vote for now.

Also, could Zakeri please exist? That'd be nice, thanks. Much appreciated. Same goes for about a zillion other people, some of which I KNOW are around because they're currently chatting in IRC. Yes, Kanako, this means you. Get your ass in here and post something actually useful for once, seriously.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #350 on: January 19, 2010, 04:04:45 AM »
EBWOP, again:

Quote from: Alice #350
whereas UD complains that there's not enough said in that post about Chaore.

Should be:

Quote from: Corrected Alice #350
whereas UK complains that there's not enough said in that post about Chaore.

ffs.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #351 on: January 19, 2010, 04:34:59 AM »
If you're meaning UD, then it's a little bit awkward, because yeah he's guilty. Although now that's he's Rou it can't be reaaaly applied to it. I don't know how to put it in words, it's like, he's at fault, but he didn't do it... something like that.

If you do mean Rou, though, then I'd like to hear about it.

As UD. Just because he replaced in doesn't absolve him of the actions of his predecessors.

Because I'm not basing cases on personal agendas.

You were UD. UD did. No matter how much you say "He was indefensible, now this is why I'm incorrectly calling UK scum"

(that's another sublimnal for you to count, Kerigis :P)

Finally did that UK reread. First off, what's interesting to note is that it's quite possible the conflict/argument was actually started by UK, as she is the first to vote for UD in Post#32, to which UD responds with predictable levels of vitriol.

UD 28 was first

Granted, my reaction wasn't very charitable.

However, @UK #149: what EXACTLY did you like about Chaore's post#148? It is basically completely worthless reporter-style nonsense. All it does is attempt to implicate UD, and is followed with a subsequent vote for UD.

I think I explained that in my wall post on Cha.

I'm STILL worried that UK called NEETz's post#142's UD vote as "alright", considering that his logic in that post literally is "UD is playing extremely poorly and will get himself lynched anyway so welp I might as well join this here bandwagon, derp-a-derp internet derp derp", and that there's more in that post about Chaore than UD, whereas UD complains that there's not enough said in that post about Chaore.

I still don't see that.

#266 is kind of disconcerting, admitting you "just skimmed the last couple posts" (including those for which you voted for Kanako over Chaore, as Kanako only started contributing on Page 8 ffs) to vote for someone else over "the most questionable UD wagoner", who was also likely progressing into the day's lynch.

If I did a reread on someone, I read their posts more thoroughly. The posts I skimmed were a few between two of my posts on that page.

I'll be honest, that "not dangerous as scum quote" is kinda bothering me as well. What the hell did Cha mean?

Either way, Alice's...um...rather interesting analysis is probably the best semi case on me, but some of his questions were answered in later posts, and there is a slight misrep, though it feels unintentional.

My point is 'why did he stay away from Chaore and only Chaore'? In terms of him being scum, it would only make sense if, well, everyone else he voted was Town. That's myself, you, and (to an extent since he got FoSd and generally dissed by him) Zakeri.

I don't really get your point. Since that's not really my case.

This reads as noob Town, not stopping to consider how he'd look going through a total flipflop because he's too busy hunting.

In other news, OKAY SERIOUSLY ZAK YOU CAN TALK NOW.

Kana has played enough games to know better. And you know this.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #352 on: January 19, 2010, 04:38:13 AM »
Random musings, random order...

Nietz: The thing that stands out the most at the moment would be the fact that he seemed to only jump on the Chaore bandwagon after Chaore was clearly already doomed. Before that he seemed to not have a choice of who to vote for. Possible scum based on the avoidance of voting for Chaore.

UK: At the moment the thing that makes her seem perhaps scummy is basically the fact that she seemed to be, protected by Chaore to an extent as he named her as clearly being town. Beyond that, her own behavior hasn't been overly scummy as her argument with UD really seems genuine to me based on their relationship and thus I wouldn't put it down as an attempt to waste our time.

Kanako: Just seems to be pulling stuff out and continually promising he'll give us some proof later. What the hell man? Also, jumped on all wagons other than Chaore in the past which make it possible that he's simply keeping track of the wagons to be, as Sodium put it, trying to appear as town. This is pretty scummy, but it somehow seems like way too dumb of a mistake.

Serp: The main funky thing here is his instructions to Chaore on how to roleclaim. Sure, if they were scumbuddies he could have just PMed said instructions or something but the choice of example is just bizarre. In addition to this he seems to have been trying to draw attention away from Chaore and to Kanako, making him potential scum protecting his buddy.

These are the main people falling under a bit of suspicion in my mind.

##Vote Nietz
Seems scummy as he was fairly indecisive prior to when Chaore was doomed.

Ninja'd. May change stuff after reading with a new post.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #353 on: January 19, 2010, 04:42:03 AM »
Not much to say about the new posts.
Giving me more to consider as far as UK is concerned.

But really, where the HELL is Zak?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #354 on: January 19, 2010, 04:44:15 AM »
UK: At the moment the thing that makes her seem perhaps scummy is basically the fact that she seemed to be, protected by Chaore to an extent as he named her as clearly being town. Beyond that, her own behavior hasn't been overly scummy as her argument with UD really seems genuine to me based on their relationship and thus I wouldn't put it down as an attempt to waste our time.

You forgot my subtle protections of Cha.

« Reply #355 on: January 19, 2010, 05:21:18 AM »
Zak: Well, nothing more to go on since my last post. :V I still don't like the "you scumhunt, I'll go sit in the corner" attitude of pressuring Chaore in 96 to ID scum but doing none of it himself. On the other hand, he voted Chaore really early (67), long before he became a likely lynch. I can't see a reason to bus so soon, especially when UK and UD were still easy targets for that whole scuffle. I feel town on him for now (not even for the "first" part so much as the "other easy targets" part), but I've still got my eye on him (if he ever, y'know, actually comes back).

Serp: I'm actually going to go opposite of what Jam said and think his instructions to Chaore on roleclaiming make him look less suspicious to me. I think he's experienced enough that he would have known it'd draw some suspicion and if he were scum he would have done it in PM - especially since otherwise, he seems to be laying low, though whether as scum trying to evade attention, or just IRL-busy or something, *shrug*. Not going to go so far as to clear him in my mind, but I'm neutral for the time being.

Nietz: Is... interesting. Honestly? I wonder if Kanako might not have been a better choice to vote if he's just scum trying to look town. There's enough people on the Chaore train, and he was late enough, that being on it doesn't throw off suspicion A Kanako vote, since he's been another relatively easy target, might have been a way to look like an attempt at scumhunting, if a lazy one, without much effort. That... may be be getting a little WIFOM of me though. Either way, definitely not a clear, but food for thought.

Kanako: Oh come on, not even a vote for D1? Keeps calling for more evidence (asking nearly everyone mentioned in 260 for scumhunting or more detail, and complaining about people making cases without hard evidence in same), which makes it suspicious he's not putting any out himself (especially after continually promising to). With so many lurkers (yeah, yeah, I'm one to talk :V) there's no way lurking is necessarily a scumtell; I just don't like the looks of seeing someone press for it so very hard without actually doing any himself. If not outright scum, at least a touch anti-town.

Rou:
Except... he's really not (too busy hunting nor, as UK pointed out in 352, particularly noob). Rou's doing a lot of defending everyone but UK. The questioning of UK could likely be due to relatively sparse activity from everyone else, but I've still seen very little from him looking back and analyzing what happened on D1 before he replaced in.
Thus, as the adage goes, the best defense is a good offense.
The thing here is, wouldn't a good offense here be a good scumhunt? This smells fishy, I think I'm actually going to ##Vote: Rou, at least for the time being.

People on whom I've got less-but-more-than-nothing new to say since last time I posted:

UK: For some reason even in spite of lots of posting I really seem to be having trouble getting a read on her. I don't get why I can't manage to wrap my head around her.

K4U: I'd like to see more on other people since most of what she said D1 was focused on Chaore, and there hasn't been much yet today either. What I do see feels town, even if I can't quite put my finger on why.

Jam: Lots and lots and even more lots of echoing other people's reasoning. My gut says mostly just "noob trying to find her own voice and not succeeding yet", but I think with regards to alignment that's null - at least she's less waffly than Nietz or Kanako.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #356 on: January 19, 2010, 06:01:18 AM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Day 2 Vote Count

UncertainKitten (2): Roukanken, Kitten4u
Nietz (5): EvilTom, Alice Margatroid, Kerigis, Edible, Jam
Zakeri (1): Kanako
Kanako (3): UncertainKitten, Nietz, Sodium
Roukanken (1): Arashi

No vote cast: Rat, Serp, Zakeri

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. You have >34 hours remaining.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #357 on: January 19, 2010, 06:35:37 AM »
It's like seeing with my feet!

I find it pretty damn unlikely UK's scum. I mean, Chaore votes for UD who's looking pretty fucked up right there, and UK, his buddy, suddenly panics and unvotes? And Rou's case in general is pretty bad, since he's just playing gotcha, which I cannot take seriously at all. So there's no simple case on her I can see and there points towards her being town.

@Alice: Also the UD(rou!)/UK team concept is also stupid. Think. UD *quits* because arguments started by his buddy are *too much pressure*? The whole idea feels farcial (picture the three of them as scumbuddies for extra hilarity.)

Chaore started falling apart about midway through the day and it feels quite likely he would become a target for bussing. Looking at stuff after my vote, DT and Rou's votes are meaningless due to timing and circumstance (okay there's a quibble on Rou for being reluctant to hammer but there are bigger fish to fry atm and I think motk is bad at hammering anyway), leaving Jam, Arashi, and Nietz as potentials looking to score opportunity points. So let's look back~

Jam: Did pretty much no scumhunting on (his?)her own. http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4654.msg221899#msg221899 - biggest post of the day and all it does is be wishywashy over the two big lynch trains and have a minor point against Zak. The silence of her beforehand is deafening. "Oh I won't vote yet" = "I will wait to see what happens before voting."

Arashi: Mentioned Chaore in the same post as an unvote. Kinda looks like hovering, but I find her post just before this one more offensive than anything she did yesterday (why is Jam okay why is Nietz 'interesting' that's a non-value word what is that rationale for voting Rou o-o). Of this group she's the most proactive, which is a big plus.

Nietz: Nietz was also reluctant to commit, and came in with the aforementioned 'Kanako looks bad but vote Chaore anyway!' I also hate this-
Quote from: Nietz
In the end I voted Chaore because he was more likely to be lynched if the wagon was kept on him, while diverting votes into 'nako at time might not be effective.

This is pretty much just like how I figured Chaore was scum; convenience and this kind of attempt at manipulating the lynchtrain are scummy traits. You can pretty much just say 'I voted him because everyone else was' and it'd have the same effect.

And for gods sake there was still quite a bit of time left in the day if you had better things to push.

##Vote: Nietz, yeah.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #358 on: January 19, 2010, 07:07:57 AM »
@Alice: Also the UD(rou!)/UK team concept is also stupid. Think. UD *quits* because arguments started by his buddy are *too much pressure*? The whole idea feels farcial (picture the three of them as scumbuddies for extra hilarity.)
There's a reason I pegged it as "unlikely" in the end, y'know...

@Arashi: thing is, even though UD appears somewhat Scummy to me and Rou appears to similarly be still quite Scummy, being the main competing wagon to a lynched Scum on D1, and there being a time when with a little pressure UD *could* still have been lynched over a Scum, for now forces UD/Rou to be almost certainly Town.

« Reply #359 on: January 19, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »
why is Jam okay

I don't think she's "okay" per se - the parroting other people's opinions does worry me, I just may be giving her too much of the benefit of the doubt because IIRC she's a noob too. Basically, I feel less worried about her than Kanako or Nietz, since she's at least finding an opinion and sticking to it as far as I can tell, even if she's not developing her own rationales for it yet. Not a clear by a long shot, basically so far a neutral opinion.

why is Nietz 'interesting' that's a non-value word

I feel like there's definitely something going on, but I feel less obvscum about him than some of the others. Am worried I may be overthinking things and missing the forest for the trees though.

what is that rationale for voting Rou

I'm seeing a lot of wordswordsUKwords and not much hunting - more appearance of doing something than actual doing something.