Author Topic: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00d)  (Read 87196 times)

Re: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00d)
« Reply #300 on: October 29, 2009, 08:26:47 PM »
I have this idea for an Embodiment-spellcard for myself, called something like Unexpected Sign 「I Need Scissors! 61!」 The bullets would look like scissors. It would start out with three clusters of five bullets each; then they'd abruptly semi-randomly switch direction and double, sort of like Alice in PCB; then they'd semi-randomly switch directions and double again. Now there are 60 scissors-bullets on the screen. Then suddenly a single scissors-bullet zips onto the screen directly at you from the side.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #301 on: October 29, 2009, 08:29:26 PM »
I have this idea for an Embodiment-spellcard for myself, called something like Unexpected Sign 「I Need Scissors! 61!」 The bullets would look like scissors. It would start out with three clusters of five bullets each; then they'd abruptly semi-randomly switch direction and double, sort of like Alice in PCB; then they'd semi-randomly switch directions and double again. Now there are 60 scissors-bullets on the screen. Then suddenly a single scissors-bullet zips onto the screen directly at you from the side.

Then suddenly... Oame Gver

« Reply #302 on: October 29, 2009, 08:30:26 PM »
Nah, that'd be in my Last Word.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #303 on: October 29, 2009, 08:31:51 PM »
We also need a way for Danmakufu to know what Touhou games you have installed

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #304 on: October 29, 2009, 08:35:38 PM »
you're benefiting from my presence

* Slaves is fabulous
more like FAAAAAAAABULOUS

Am I right?
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #305 on: October 29, 2009, 08:41:04 PM »
If we're going to have Embodiments appear mid-stage, will they have actual spellcards? Or is it enough to have them appear as a named foe like Momiji from Stage 4 MoF? Is it correct to assume that the normal stage enemies will continue appearing as well to complicate things?

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #306 on: October 29, 2009, 08:43:57 PM »
If we're going to have Embodiments appear mid-stage, will they have actual spellcards? Or is it enough to have them appear as a named foe like Momiji from Stage 4 MoF? Is it correct to assume that the normal stage enemies will continue appearing as well to complicate things?

I think they are more like Death Fairies, but a warning appears. I think a image of the embodiment should appear like a spellcard.

Drake

« Reply #307 on: October 29, 2009, 08:48:29 PM »
The stage goes through as usual and is separate from the Embodiments, as are UFOs. This is the purpose of having them, it's a risk-reward thing, as you don't know which Embodiment you're getting and you're not sure how much more difficult the stage will become after they appear. The difference is that if you're going for lives the purpose is to not shoot at the Embodiment, which could be even more difficult than trying to blow up a UFO because you have to stay away from them. In the same way if you go for bombs you have to follow them, and all this has a definite impact on how the stages are played.

Yes, it'll be midboss-style. If we have spell cards and whatever in there it only obstructs vision and is a giant attention hog, which is unneeded. I don't even think portraits are needed for the same reason. The giant IDIOT EMBODIMENT APPEAR UNPRECEDENTED SERIOUS AFFAIR won't be as much of a distraction as it's at the top and it's the same thing every time, unlike portraits.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #308 on: October 29, 2009, 09:11:12 PM »
The stage goes through as usual and is separate from the Embodiments, as are UFOs. This is the purpose of having them, it's a risk-reward thing, as you don't know which Embodiment you're getting and you're not sure how much more difficult the stage will become after they appear. The difference is that if you're going for lives the purpose is to not shoot at the Embodiment, which could be even more difficult than trying to blow up a UFO because you have to stay away from them. In the same way if you go for bombs you have to follow them, and all this has a definite impact on how the stages are played.

Yes, it'll be midboss-style. If we have spell cards and whatever in there it only obstructs vision and is a giant attention hog, which is unneeded. I don't even think portraits are needed for the same reason. The giant IDIOT EMBODIMENT APPEAR UNPRECEDENTED SERIOUS AFFAIR won't be as much of a distraction as it's at the top and it's the same thing every time, unlike portraits.

The embodiments shouldn't be too hard so the screen doesn't get clustered when there's a lot of common enemies

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #309 on: October 29, 2009, 09:14:59 PM »
Anyone know of a creative way to include cut-in portraits for the embodiments?

Aside from the sprites(which are basically just shrunk cutins, right?), maybe we can have a gallery mode where you can view the full portraits of embodiments you've beaten, and also get a little bio on them too.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Drake

« Reply #310 on: October 29, 2009, 09:43:16 PM »
Nobu wins.

Also getting the concentration code to work like I want it too is fffffffff

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #311 on: October 29, 2009, 09:45:56 PM »
Oh, oh! What do I win? :3

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #312 on: October 29, 2009, 09:46:23 PM »

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #313 on: October 29, 2009, 09:55:09 PM »

If this isn't the text we're actually using, you should tell me while I still have the project file open :V

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #314 on: October 29, 2009, 10:01:45 PM »
Make both phrases in one line, with something separating Idiot Embodiment Appears and Unprecedented Serious Affair

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #316 on: October 29, 2009, 10:16:39 PM »
So for simplicity's sake, should we just have it say "Idiot Embodiment Appear!" instead of "<Name> Appear!"?

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but we should have some kind of sound effect similar to the UFO's appearing for when the embodiments appear.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #317 on: October 29, 2009, 10:18:36 PM »
i think the CAUTION sound is more fitting, honestly.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #318 on: October 29, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »
A question: Would it be possible/plausible to have me pull a Yuugi in the Extra Stage that I'm in?

That is, hang around after the midboss fight and harass the player for a bit. Afterwards, when the player gets to Slaves, he and I talk a bit, then I bow out (akin to Eirin and Reisen in stage 5 of Imperishable Night).

Because that would be radicool.

« Reply #319 on: October 29, 2009, 10:20:16 PM »
I love that scene where Eirin just floats into the sky.

So for simplicity's sake, should we just have it say "Idiot Embodiment Appear!" instead of "<Name> Appear!"?

yes

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #320 on: October 29, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »
Then suddenly... Oame Gver
Savour Rappel
Continent
Rotary
Emit

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #321 on: October 29, 2009, 10:23:45 PM »
A question: Would it be possible/plausible to have me pull a Yuugi in the Extra Stage that I'm in?

That is, hang around after the midboss fight and harass the player for a bit. Afterwards, when the player gets to Slaves, he and I talk a bit, then I bow out (akin to Eirin and Reisen in stage 5 of Imperishable Night).

Because that would be radicool.

Of course.

When the time comes to stage the dialogue, then we will need to adjust appropriately.

dustyjo

« Reply #322 on: October 29, 2009, 10:29:16 PM »

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but we should have some kind of sound effect similar to the UFO's appearing for when the embodiments appear.

THIS
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:33:36 PM by Nobu Nobu Boy »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #323 on: October 29, 2009, 10:33:51 PM »
Why Dusty, that's a great idea :3

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #324 on: October 29, 2009, 10:35:25 PM »

dustyjo

« Reply #325 on: October 29, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »
god damn it nobu

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #326 on: October 29, 2009, 10:51:13 PM »

I took the liberty of adding all(?) the embodiment names, if we can have them show up while the embodiment is onscreen. Forgive me if I forgot a name or put the same one twice :P

Anyways, font is the "Cirno" font from the PoFV English patch at size 28, if that matters to anyone else making graphics.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #327 on: October 29, 2009, 11:07:27 PM »
you people need to change Evil Magnum to just Anthony, since that was just a part of my name, not the main stem of it...

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2009, 11:08:54 PM »
Well, when we get a finalized embodiment list, I'll make all the necessary changes.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2009, 11:11:05 PM »
you people need to change Evil Magnum to just Ana-chan, since that was just a part of my name, not the main stem of it...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"