Author Topic: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00d)  (Read 87220 times)

Gpop

Re: ??????????????? ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00d)
« Reply #210 on: October 26, 2009, 12:37:09 PM »
Bleh...working on dialogue in the middle of the night with your brain half working was not a great idea.

Shall we try this again tonight or tomorrow Kanako and Tenshi?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00d)
« Reply #211 on: October 26, 2009, 12:39:54 PM »
Nwbi: First rule is to be polite with everybody, is it not?

Donut: You're absolutely right!

Donut: MAY we cleave you?

Nwbi: Not quite what I was asking. [sweatdrop]
This actually does feel like real ZUN dialogue. I'm impressed.

I need to get in on this next brainstorming session.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #212 on: October 26, 2009, 03:03:26 PM »
even though it seems a little long for Stage 1 dialogue, it's still really cool.

and now i can get working on Nwbi's cutin since i know what expressions to draw. yaaaay.

Drake

« Reply #213 on: October 26, 2009, 03:49:46 PM »
Sorry I couldn't be there, my mom decided that just because she goes to bed late and wakes up tired, me and my brother have to go to bed at midnight, knowing full well that staying up late and regretting it later is our choice that we've been making for years.

PM me these things.

Also I'm pretty much done the explosion script. Will be up by tonight.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #214 on: October 26, 2009, 03:57:38 PM »
I am curious Drake!

Drake

« Reply #215 on: October 26, 2009, 04:20:47 PM »
BE CURIOUS NO LONGER

You need to call LocateEnemy; before the main function because if the enemy disappears (or moves to an inconspicuous position, etc) using GetEnemyX and such will default to GetCenterX, which is obviously not what you what. Just

LocateEnemy;
StartMapleExplode;

Also, I documented and named all the variables as I expect for the rest of the functions :O

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #216 on: October 26, 2009, 06:06:50 PM »
Will test this when I am done showering :3

EDIT:
Works awesome but it is not like the original games. See here from IN for example:

- Needs MOAR colours ( alpha colour setting like I did in my old code, you probably seen it )
- Should only create thick circular pattern of leafs
- Leaves have different speed upon spawning and size

Or are we just going to make our own style :V ? ( not that I care just asking )

Edit 2
Oh yea, code based comments:
- Imo replace loop with While(!Obj_Bedeleted) function.
- Scaledown function if statement is not needed as the thing is deleted anyway when the scale hits 0.
- Vertex drawing, why inside the loop? :V ?
- Additive drawing is not affect by alpha value, right?
- You should watchout with variable names. As included scripts ARE affected by global variables in the main script. Therefor the function variables should have very unique names that people hardly will use. (or am I terribly wrong here now)

You are taking the hard route for making a function like this. I am kind of SUPRISED LIKE KOGASA.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:07:49 PM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #217 on: October 26, 2009, 09:17:52 PM »
Drake I modified your code a bit:

Looks like this ( see movie attachment )

Edit: :V cannot attach mp4 movie. Download from here

Sfx for explosion needs some delaying I think. So it plays at the large maple explosion.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:25:06 PM by Helepolis »

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #218 on: October 26, 2009, 09:26:11 PM »
Drake I modified your code a bit:

Looks like this ( see movie attachment )

Edit: :V cannot attach mp4 movie. Download from here

Sfx for explosion needs some delaying I think. So it plays at the large maple explosion.

that looks pretty. keep the visuals like this. >:3

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #219 on: October 26, 2009, 09:33:13 PM »
Hello again.

Before his recent probation, Nobu sent me a few changes which people had decided to make to the original Ijiyatsu setup. Given that the initial idea was sort of a joke, and wasn't really meant to expand into a full game, I'm happy to see the idea expanded into something so well-developed.

Here's the list I was sent:
The intention of this is to sketch out a framework for Ijiyatsu that'd be receptive to sequels and spinoffs, by being open-ended and only as specific as necessary about universe mechanics (to give spin-off works a lot of options), and having the ability for outsiders to enjoy Ijiyatsu as well while still being able to include our personality and humor into the plot, story and game.

Idiot energy

-It has always been around, just lately it's been acting funny.

-Everyone has some amounts of idiot energy in them (think of it like spiritual energy or ki that's specific to Ijiyatsu, but exists alongside normal spiritual energy).

-Having a lot of Idiot energy or being of high rank in the Pantheon isn't associated with actual stupidity, nor directly related to power level (However, the connection of 'Idiot' energy to stupidity can still be poked fun of in dialog, esp. when someone is making fun of another person. I.E. "This person has a lot of idiot energy! Oh wait, I guess they were just stupid.")

The Pantheon and world

-Our Ijiyatsu selves are based on us but still exist in their own world (I.E. there is a fuzzy fourth wall). I say fuzzy, because even in Touhou they break the 4th wall for comedic effect at times, which I think we should still have the option to do in the dialog as long as we don't overdo it.

-ID/IM/IP are those with varying levels of control over Idiot energy, and have status in the Ijiyatsu society. It is not inherent but achieved as positions can be challenged for by those directly below them.

- The ultimate governing authority on these positions (and who hold real power in Ijiyatsu) are the Moderators and TSO. They have ultimate authority and power in Ijiyatsu, but tend to let the Idiots run around and amuse them.

- Things purposely left ambiguous or not fully explained, at least for now: Exactly what kind of powers the Idiot Pantheon has over normal denizens, exactly how idiot energy works metaphysically, and the exact rules of the challenge system.

The current Incident(I.E.: "TSO is fooling around again..")

- The PCs have a nagging feeling that something is up with the IE, and feel a subconscious pull urging them to the mountains (Or wherever else Theo-nee's location ends up being)

- A lot of the denizens of Ijiyatsu have disappeared (i.e. all of the embodiments).

- When free idiot energy gathers, it forms into an embodiment that attacks mindlessly.

- The earlier bosses are mostly clueless and don't know what's going on, or in the case of later bosses, know what's going on but could not overcome the mental influence from the one controlling the IE.

- My idea is that all the PCs maybe have a random gimmick as to why they aren't affected by the mental influence of Theo-nee. I.E: Pesco's mindhax, Ruro's Shrine Janitor immunity, Gpop's control on the subconscious, etc etc.

Story behind the Incident:

- TSO was bored and gave Theorin the power to control Idiot Energy so she could set about reviving Rin Satsuki, because it'd be amusing to watch.

- The Slaves Squad (being Special Members/Resident Artist++) was unaffected and watched the proceedings out of amusement. (Nwbi, being Slaves' art student may have also been unaffected, but no one noticed because she's a Stage 1 boss.)

- Theorin has been calling all the Idiot Energy in Ijiyatsu to her in order to get enough to revive Rin, which has resulted in the Idiot energy acting funny, the mental influence, and why most people were turned into Embodiments.   

- The players, in the fashion of PCB's spring energy and UFO's vault fragments, have the last idiot energy required before Theorin has enough to complete the summoning, which is why they end up fighting in the end.

- The players, searching for an answer as to why Theorin had ultimate control of the IE, search out Slaves(who was unaffected), which ends up pointing them towards TSO and the moderators.

Anything anyone has an outright objection to?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #220 on: October 26, 2009, 11:21:24 PM »
Didn't really read most. Am bord. But still watching.
Now Erebus, get your bloody hand off my lap.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2009, 11:24:38 PM »
Here's the list I was sent:
Anything anyone has an outright objection to?

seems fine to me.

Nwbi, you might want to update the thread using this now.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2009, 12:09:54 AM »
seems fine to me.

Nwbi, you might want to update the thread using this now.

OK then.

Spoiler:
Also, did I just seriously screwed up by not including Moerin's cut-in before that thread got locked? People need to remind me about these things. So, Slaves, could you post that image again, please. Idiot moment. I don't think it's complete yet. ;__;

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2009, 12:12:18 AM »
yeah, i never finished it. i think i'm going to do yours next since you have dialogue.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2009, 12:13:05 AM »
OK then.

Spoiler:
Also, did I just seriously screwed up by not including Moerin's cut-in before that thread got locked? People need to remind me about these things. So, Slaves, could you post that image again, please. Idiot moment. I don't think it's complete yet. ;__;

Yeah, I was wondering about that too, but I thought it would be rude to prod about it...

Um.. Anyway, I like the look of Imouto-chan's ideas.  It's nice to make the Ijiyatsuverse more coherent, is it not~?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:25:41 AM by Moerin Satsuki~ »
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2009, 12:25:13 AM »
Yes, indeed. I might go so far as to deem it splendid~

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2009, 12:29:33 AM »
So um...
Since I'll be more, uh... limited? this week, if we're going to do the dialogue for ZengarA St1, we'd need to coordinate.

Drake

« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2009, 12:41:57 AM »
How about whenever you and Mode are on at the same time I spam you both.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2009, 01:36:14 AM »
Mode? I thought she was on stage 6.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #229 on: October 27, 2009, 01:45:21 AM »
Posting here because it's obviously relevant.

Stage 6 - Faded Dreams

A remix/brainchild of Amaterasu/Tengukami's piece, The Erhu Lost In The Code.

Yes I'm jumping ahead, but DAMN I'm proud of this one.

EDIT: And here's the MIDI for Drake. It'll take a bit of polishing for sure, but I'm confident that with that out of the way this could be the best song in the game.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:56:46 AM by Roukanken »

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2009, 01:48:14 AM »

Stage 6 - Faded Dreams

A remix/brainchild of Amaterasu/Tengukami's piece, The Erhu Lost In The Code.

* Slaves fuck yeah's

but didn't Drake have some neat idea for the end of the theme?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2009, 01:50:19 AM »
He was the one who called for it, actually. Hopefully I didn't screw up too bad.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2009, 01:51:52 AM »

Stage 6 - Faded Dreams

Drake, polish this. NOW.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2009, 01:53:45 AM »
no, i mean he was saying something about some sounds that could play after you finish the stage and you're waiting for Theorin to appear. kinda like UFO's heartbeat drums.

i'm sure you can add it in, though.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2009, 01:55:23 AM »
It was the chiming of the clock, yeah, but I had no idea how to recreate that in MIDI.

Drake is probably gonna have a better chance of handling it than me, to be honest. >_>

Drake

« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2009, 02:08:27 AM »
Mode? I thought she was on stage 6.
derp i meant ruro

Nono, this will still work with what I laid out before.
A music box starts up, it gradually gets slower and out of tune as a grandfather clock starts ticking louder and louder, then it chimes (bells). The music starts playing and the clock chimes eleven more times until the boss is reached, then it cuts to silence while the dialogue runs through.
Yeah, it'll work.

I'm actually mostly working on Vic's theme right now though, so we're both really jumping around. I really need to find something that will imitate ZUN sounds a bit more. We have the ZUNpet and a few other things, but there are so many instruments I don't have access to, sigh.

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
  • Oh, so this trial of guts is for ME?
« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2009, 04:49:08 AM »

Edit 2
Oh yea, code based comments:
- Imo replace loop with While(!Obj_Bedeleted) function.
- Scaledown function if statement is not needed as the thing is deleted anyway when the scale hits 0.
- Vertex drawing, why inside the loop? :V ?
- Additive drawing is not affect by alpha value, right?
- You should watchout with variable names. As included scripts ARE affected by global variables in the main script. Therefor the function variables should have very unique names that people hardly will use. (or am I terribly wrong here now)

You are taking the hard route for making a function like this. I am kind of SUPRISED LIKE KOGASA.

Mokou here, I made the original code and gave it to Drake to use.
Uh, as far as the scaling goes, I made the code a LOT more complicated by setting and deleting a new object in a loop, frame by frame in order to make it move and rotate and set new XY parameters each passing loop frame.  This, of course, was before I realized putting Obj_SetScale in a loop would also work. I later fixed it up and simply forgot to delete the object when it hits 0 instead of stay at 0 after it shrinks to nothing.  Oops.

Believe it or not, alpha value in vertices DOES matter even if it's ADD.  It's weird I know, but if you set it less it will look more transparent and show more of the colors, the kind you're looking for.  Setting all colors to 0 while alpha value is at max will give you a silhouette. (or is that just alpha blending?  I don't remember.)

Anyway, feel free to change it as you like.  I'm working on ZUN's style magic-circle and concentration (Mokou's resurrection type) at the moment.  Good luck.
Spoiler:
Okay Tewi, do your thing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 04:52:38 AM by Fujiwara no Mokou »

Drake

« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2009, 05:08:04 AM »
Yeah, I already messaged him about it. Half-misunderstanding. It still needs some slight tweaking, too.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2009, 06:38:21 AM »
And I sended PM back to Drake. So that is how it was :V

Please next time let me know who's code it is :V Else it makes my own work kind of useless to script if code is received from different people.

Quote from: Fujiwara no Mokou
Anyway, feel free to change it as you like.  I'm working on ZUN's style magic-circle and concentration (Mokou's resurrection type) at the moment.  Good luck.
Uh, the misunderstoodment probably was because I quickly created a maple function as well and gave it drake on IRC for him to make it more efficient, cleanup or fool around with it. (as I am not going to use maple effect I think for my own game but for Ijiyatsu it wouldn't matter)

Which I thought he entirely modified the code (as it suddenly looked WHOLE LOT different ) that is why I thought he made it and kind of was suprised by the weird style.

Drake- Punishment time. <sadistic Eirin smile>
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 08:24:31 AM by Helepolis »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2009, 11:30:54 AM »
Stage 6 - Faded Dreams

Um... Wow.  Just... Wow.  That's... Ahah, oh god yes~

Maybe it's just me, but it really brings about a feeling of "the end is near".  I love it~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"