Author Topic: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments  (Read 184681 times)

Yukkuri

Re: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2009, 10:29:58 PM »
I just died to Ran's 3rd spellcard Youkai Fox Laser. :(

« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »

Ah? Then I have a new embarrassment: I can barely handle Youkai Fox Laser and die to it all the time. I do better at Princess Tenko than Youkai Fox Laser.
Advocate of Transhumanism

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2009, 10:56:57 PM »
Why is this embarrassing again? It's not like its loleasy(Lavatein,Danmaku Paranoia, Ran's first card,etc.)

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2009, 11:03:33 PM »
I died to Danmaku Paranoia 3 playthroughs in a row. I blame the fact I was using Marisa, as well as my joypad.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Yukkuri

« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2009, 11:10:55 PM »
Why is this embarrassing again? It's not like its loleasy(Lavatein,Danmaku Paranoia, Ran's first card,etc.)
It's almost as easy as the first spellcard.  Wizard Fox thoughts. >_<

It is when you are using sakuya A

« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2009, 12:43:37 AM »
Oh wow.  I just had a pretty sweet Youmu battle.  No bombs and one death.  Why am I posting in this thread then?  The death was to Eternal Truth(third boss card).  I got hit by a red bullet. :(

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2009, 12:47:55 AM »
You still don't compare to the beginning of my ageless obsession with perfecting Youmu. I was just doing a casual run through of a stage I haven't done in a while, and decided for a change of pace to try Youmu's opening without the loophole. Cue death, I then proceed to perfect the rest of the fight, capturing Hell God Sword and Asura Sword for the first times ever. I would have gotten a perfect of the fight...if I had just done the loophole.

Now Hell God Sword hates me and all I stand for.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »

Ohoho, i have actually died to Danmaku Paranoia. Two times. Due to the clips and once to the knife-things swirling in the background.

JormundElver

• Baron Von Parakeet
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »
I died to Danmaku Paranoia once because I died right at the end of the second attack (double ouch) and then didn't think and moved up to eat up my power items.  So yeah there were kunai all over from my moving and I got hit again :( .  That's actually two right there.

nintendonut888

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2009, 10:48:21 PM »
I just watched an EoSD extra replay of mine I've kept from December 2007 (sentimental value and such). I know this is supposed to be about current failures, but this was too painful. Considering I bombed Cranberry Trap when nothing was near me, I think this may have possibly been my first attempt at extra to reach Flandre and didn't know about her bomb immunity. It was SO bad, I obviously didn't know what streaming was, and I lost to Lavatein after bombing it 3 times.

It's so horrible to go back and look at what you once were. ;_;
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2009, 10:54:15 PM »
I just watched an EoSD extra replay of mine I've kept from December 2007 (sentimental value and such). I know this is supposed to be about current failures, but this was too painful. Considering I bombed Cranberry Trap when nothing was near me, I think this may have possibly been my first attempt at extra to reach Flandre and didn't know about her bomb immunity. It was SO bad, I obviously didn't know what streaming was, and I lost to Lavatein after bombing it 3 times.

Hey, at least you didn't lose all lives to Stage 1 EoSD Normal when you started playing. >_>

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2009, 01:57:55 PM »

Hmm... isn't it rather satisfying?

Looking back at some of my old replays like... whatever a MoF Normal run in which i bomb everything Sanae has to offer, i always get to smile knowing that today i almost master the battle and the stage on Lunatic. I don't know if its just me but looking back at times when you sucked can be very nice. Like, it just shows you how much better you have gotten.

Take for instance me always dying about 2 times at VoWG Lunatic. That's very annoying because its a spell i really want to capture. Though a couple of months ago i would die every second of it. I had to press through the entire Kanako battle strategically bombing stuff in order to preserve as many lives as possible for VoWG and then loose all remaning 6-7 lives in a matter of seconds.

So no matter how bad your old replays are, just think of them as indicators to how much you have improved rather than something you are ashamed of.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2009, 12:43:34 AM »
Hmm... isn't it rather satisfying?

Looking back at some of my old replays like... whatever a MoF Normal run in which i bomb everything Sanae has to offer, i always get to smile knowing that today i almost master the battle and the stage on Lunatic. I don't know if its just me but looking back at times when you sucked can be very nice. Like, it just shows you how much better you have gotten.

Take for instance me always dying about 2 times at VoWG Lunatic. That's very annoying because its a spell i really want to capture. Though a couple of months ago i would die every second of it. I had to press through the entire Kanako battle strategically bombing stuff in order to preserve as many lives as possible for VoWG and then loose all remaning 6-7 lives in a matter of seconds.

So no matter how bad your old replays are, just think of them as indicators to how much you have improved rather than something you are ashamed of.

rofl bye

« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2009, 12:02:46 AM »
Many people seem to think SA is the hardest game on Normal (at least for Windows games), so I decided to see for myself.

I started playing like crap starting from stage 2, and eventually Game Over'd at midboss Orin (stage 5).

I'm not sure if I find it harder than EoSD, because I don't have enough experience with the game to judge that (it was only my 4th run overall).
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2009, 12:28:54 PM »
Many people seem to think SA is the hardest game on Normal (at least for Windows games), so I decided to see for myself.

I started playing like crap starting from stage 2, and eventually Game Over'd at midboss Orin (stage 5).

I'm not sure if I find it harder than EoSD, because I don't have enough experience with the game to judge that (it was only my 4th run overall).

It is WAY harder than EoSD Normal.... Stage by Stage Satori's might be the only one that's somewhat equivalent, since Patchy's library can be quite tricky.
rofl bye

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2009, 02:20:17 PM »
i havent play IN lunatic with border team for some time now
with my first attempt i reached the famous hourai rainbow hell just to die
i feel really bad about this run.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3321
for some reason i just panicked at some spells...

nintendonut888

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2009, 05:01:15 AM »
I just played IaMP normal.

;^_^ It took 50 minutes to 1cc, let's leave it at that.

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2009, 05:50:10 AM »

SA has some very unique spell cards which force you to dodge a little differently that you normally would in other games, in addition to faster bullets and more streaming, which newbies are not used to. EoSD is very straightforward, using basic patterns and not many gimmicks.

Sentinel

• Thinking inside the box
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2009, 07:26:17 PM »
I just lost 4 lives to Yukari's Spiriting Away.  With 4 bombs each.

:(

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2009, 07:51:51 AM »
After beating the extra stage on esod for my first time I managed to die to early fairy trash on level 1 because I was so sure of myself that I was "camping" the point of collection and got jumped.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2009, 11:18:14 PM »
Oh wow, worst thing to happen to me ever.

SA Hard run, except SA Hard is ridiculous and by the time I get to Satori I'm on 4 power with 0 lives. I had 4 star pieces, so I planned to grab the piece Satori drops after the non-spell to get a life.

Fight starts, I bomb the opener (my usual safe-spot from Normal wasn't there and I panicked), and she starts the card. I run up and grap the star, still invulnerable from the bomb. I start making my way back down.

Just when I'm right on top of Satori, the invulnerability wears off.

I got my extra life, and lost it 2 seconds later. I ended up dying on Flying Hornet's Nest, so yeah I'm probably never going to 1cc SA Hard.

« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2009, 11:22:20 PM »
I got my extra life, and lost it 2 seconds later. I ended up dying on Flying Hornet's Nest, so yeah I'm probably never going to 1cc SA Hard.

To be honest, even if you hadn't lost your life there, BoWaP would probably have finished you off. SA Hard is in no way impossible (it was my third 1cc on Hard) but you have to put up with an incredible amount of stupidity from stage 3 onwards.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Drake

« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2009, 03:30:17 AM »
EoSD Extra. I manage to get to Counter Clock with all of two lives. And then I get to the second wave. Oh cool, I pass it. It goes through my head, "I think I just captured Counter Clock". I get to the easy as hell third wave and run into a bullet on twitch. Game over.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2009, 01:45:04 PM »
Got to Yuyuko on Lunatic Twice. Both of those times, I die twice with max bombs, and I end the runs failing...that fourth card, the loleasygraze one. YEAH. >_>

« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2009, 11:59:45 PM »
Watching GIL replays made me embarassed that I considered myself good.  :'(
Quote from Myosotis:

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2009, 06:27:02 PM »
I just did the best stage 4 EoSD lunatic run I ever had ....followed by the worst Patchy fight I had in my life.

Died twice to her first non direction laser, died again to her 2nd , and then died on MERCURY POISON D:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2009, 09:02:42 PM »
I just did the best stage 4 EoSD lunatic run I ever had ....followed by the worst Patchy fight I had in my life.

Died twice to her first non direction laser, died again to her 2nd , and then died on MERCURY POISON D:

Yeah I know, Patchy is so mean.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2009, 04:48:08 AM »
I fail just about every Spell Card in a single run for SA Hard, and somehow still manage to make it to Stage 5.

1 life lost at Stage 1. 2 lives lost at Stage 2. 2 lives lost at Stage 3. 1 life lost for Stage 4, the rest for Stage 5.

I probably shouldn't be doing scoring and first 1cc's together.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2009, 11:07:44 AM »
I went through Stage 4 Hard on EoSD. I wanted to cap spells. I play as MarisaA and i capture anything Patchy have to offer. But then i get hit that "Water-Mercury"-whatever its called blue/yellow bullets crossing over spell. Considered the other stuff i did in that run, i'd consider dying to that pretty lousy.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2009, 12:14:56 PM »
Thinking this was a good idea:

It would have been more embarrassing if it was the only miss in the stage, but I have a horrible tendency to twitchfuck Subterranean Rose, so that didn't happen.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.