Author Topic: Justice Juice Mafia Thread I (NIGHT 3)  (Read 108046 times)

Re: Justice Juice Mafia (DAY 2)
« Reply #690 on: November 07, 2013, 12:21:35 AM »
It's ok that Mitsuki has unique and interesting opinions but I'm unhappy with her staunch refusal to care about anyone else, which seems unnecessarily stubborn and could border on tunneling. And her cases do give off the impression of tunnel vision and confirmation bias, seeing as her cases are really quotestrippy and it looks like she was selectively reading all the "bad" parts to make a case without looking at a coherent whole, and when it looks like she hasn't read the game properly, it makes it worse. It's how she handled her opinions that are worse than her actual opinions, more than anything.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #691 on: November 07, 2013, 12:28:30 AM »
Honestly that just sounds like you don't like the quote-strip posting style. You don't try to make people sound good when you're making a case on them, you know, you just point out the parts you thought were scummy.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #692 on: November 07, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »
If that were really the case then tunnel vision and confirmation bias wouldn't be things that happen. Why are you defending Mitsuki anyway >_> because she's your lord and savior?

« Reply #693 on: November 07, 2013, 12:34:03 AM »
and Sky Paladin why you ignore my question ;_;

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #694 on: November 07, 2013, 12:40:43 AM »
What I think is that she didn't pay enough attention so she misinterpreted what happened and then afterwards she realised about her error. It happens to me a lot and I try hard to avoid it, so I can see that happening to someone else who is clearly not motivated.

I pointed out that what she claimed wasn't true and she effectively went "yes it is". Even if you screw up once, when that screw-up is pointed out, why on earth would a townie not go back and double-check before reasserting what they said?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Shadoweh

« Reply #695 on: November 07, 2013, 12:50:12 AM »
Because she's town just like PX was. I don't want you to undermine her when people should be listening and lynching along her lines.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #696 on: November 07, 2013, 12:56:21 AM »
Well I have to undermine her because her cases are dumb. You're just latching on to her because it's convenient for you >_>

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #697 on: November 07, 2013, 12:58:55 AM »
Hey there Polaris :D  I didn't ignore your question, I was just afk for 40 minutes. 

I unvoted to buy time for this conversation.  I am around for another 3 hours so it's no problem for me. 

The reason I liked Mitsuki over NNR is as stated:  When NNR came in to defend Shadoweh, he did it by directly attacking me, without substantiating a defense on Shadoweh, but using bad arguments.  This looks like a scum tell.  Mitsuki picked Kilga and Validon but she didn't use bad arguments.  A lot of what she has read comes off as feelings rather than specifics, however, I have to admit that feelings often influence me to look for reasons in the first place.  I don't think her posts are bad.  So I don't see it as a scum read.  Town can make mistakes when they target people for entirely good reasons.  This doesn't set off an alarm for me.  Mistakes for bad reasons is the red alert! 

So when I asked Mitsuki, please re-ISO Shadoweh, I thought to myself:  Why isn't Misuki targetting Shadoweh?  I realised the case wasn't clear because it was spread over about 14 pages.  I decided to re-ISO so that Mitsuki could consider Shadoweh in the context of the Kilga/Validon situation.  I thought that it wasn't fair if I asked her to ISO Shadoweh if I didn't at least do this myself.  Perhaps we would come to the same, or different, conclusions. 

Lastly, I hoped that by posting it, I would be cleared of suspicion.  Some people have said 'Why is Sky pushing Shadoweh?' because I didn't give a clear case before.  I thought that if I did this, it would also give Shadoweh a good opportunity to deliver a solid rebuttal.  However at this time, such a defence is not forthcoming. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #698 on: November 07, 2013, 01:03:56 AM »
All right. That makes me think you're not as scummy as I thought you were `_` I don't scum would take on that sort of initiative, at least.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #699 on: November 07, 2013, 01:26:33 AM »
THREE HOURS 33 MINS REMAINING
Countdown

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Shadoweh

« Reply #700 on: November 07, 2013, 01:27:54 AM »
Oh just shut up and lynch me already so you can move on to the part where you're wrong.

« Reply #701 on: November 07, 2013, 01:29:44 AM »
but i need all 3 hours and 33 minutes to loser my wordcount ;_;

« Reply #702 on: November 07, 2013, 01:32:58 AM »
lower* whoops

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #703 on: November 07, 2013, 01:36:47 AM »
My only concern is if:  What is Shadoweh is town?  Well, I think it's too late in the day for any what-if scenarios. 

I don't know how I feel about 'who is next'.  I guess it depends on how Shadoweh comes out.  I hope she's scum.  Otherwise I've got no leads :/ 

Going into the night phase with an empty feeling.  Fingers crossed. 

##Vote Shadoweh
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #704 on: November 07, 2013, 01:40:14 AM »
wordcount-kun is totally a loser, though, so the typo doesn't really matter `_`

i tried reading some of kilga's old games just to entertain the notion that he could be scum but it hasn't gotten me anywhere (if only because kilga's only scum games are anonygames which are a pain through sift through now)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #705 on: November 07, 2013, 01:43:39 AM »
Votecount 2.85 REDUX

Shadoweh (5): Sky_Paladin, Validon98, Polaris, NekoNekoRex, Darkninjaabc
NekoNekoRex (1): SB
Sky_Paladin (1): Dormio
Dormio (1): Cheez8
Kilgamayan (2): Mitsuki, Shadoweh

Not Voting (1): Kilgamayan

It's 6 to lynch and 3 hours 16 mins remaining.
Shadoweh is at L-1
(Countdown)

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #706 on: November 07, 2013, 01:47:00 AM »
Why is there like two more pages of content suddenly?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #707 on: November 07, 2013, 01:48:25 AM »
Basically I want to type something out. Sorry but I basically had to leave the comp for an entire half day.

I now have doubts of shadowy wagon now that Mitsuki pointed out what's wrong and I really want time to think, but its 3 hours until then I can actually access the comp.
I dont think its likely I will be locking down any scum if I voteswitch now, not that I have the time to push for kilga.

Mitsuki reinforced my originally shaky scumread on kilga and I am now worshipping her. \o/

My mental state of this game is just in a divine mess right now. Hello polaris, hello dormio, where have you both been after all this lurk? Actually coming out of your shell because your beloved kilgascum is being pushed on hard?
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

« Reply #708 on: November 07, 2013, 01:52:18 AM »
i should ask the same question to you. your last post was 20 hours ago! why the heck were you lurking????

i hope you can see how absolutely idiotic this question is now.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #709 on: November 07, 2013, 01:54:35 AM »
I can't tell if I'm coming down with something or if today was a terrible day in all regards but I'm having a lot of trouble making out the specifics of any of these posts I'm reading. My brain's just not around anymore right now. That said, I guess I might as well vote to hurry up and end the day.

##Unvote
##Vote: Kilgamayan

I doubt I'll post any more today. There's snow outside and it's way too warm right now.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Shadoweh

« Reply #710 on: November 07, 2013, 01:58:57 AM »
Because some people said some words Dormio. Are you gonna hammer me bro?

« Reply #711 on: November 07, 2013, 01:59:13 AM »
i seriously hope you guys aren't going to quickwagon kilga right now because i am going to be so annoyed. this happened once last game and look where that got everyone >_>

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #712 on: November 07, 2013, 02:00:17 AM »
I'm really not sure what else to say at this point myself. Nothing has changed my mind about Shadoweh, really, and I'm going to be watching a stream soon anyways, so I'm not really up for anymore discussion. D3, though, I'll address anything that comes up between now and when I get back on.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Shadoweh

« Reply #713 on: November 07, 2013, 02:01:29 AM »
i seriously hope you guys aren't going to quickwagon kilga right now because i am going to be so annoyed. this happened once last game and look where that got everyone >_>
We could quickwagon Validon instead if you want, he just said he's going afk!

« Reply #714 on: November 07, 2013, 02:02:02 AM »
shadoweh don't be a weenie

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #715 on: November 07, 2013, 02:08:56 AM »
Since it looks as though everyone's pretty much done for the day I guess I'll just hammer and read whatever happened during the night phase or something I guess.
##Unvote
##Vote Shadoweh

Shadoweh

« Reply #716 on: November 07, 2013, 02:11:47 AM »
<_<

Seriously? I know a thing or two about terrible hammers and that one is pretty high up on the list.
Bye everyone! Remember to murder Kilga and Validon for me! ^_^/

Shadoweh

« Reply #717 on: November 07, 2013, 02:13:57 AM »
PS if anyone wants to lynch Dormio for not reading and just pulling that that'd be cool too. It's not day 5 yet though so i won't hold my breath.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #718 on: November 07, 2013, 02:21:19 AM »
Well I mean from what I gleaned it didn't really look like you were the topic of discussion, rather something along the lines of "let's lynch Kilga".
And I don't want to lynch Kilga so it's like all whatever.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #719 on: November 07, 2013, 02:24:22 AM »
It figures there would be a flurry of activity that ends right before I'm actually able to get home.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"