Author Topic: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 7 ※ for Danmakufu version 0.12m [Closed, read last post!]  (Read 185917 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 7 ※ for Danmakufu version 0.12m
« Reply #540 on: November 24, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »
Hi!I have a questioon! :V There is a way to expand\shrink\shake screen? :V
Expand/Shrink > Doesn't exist.
Shake screen > Doesn't exist, though you can shake the bullets/player/background pretending that the screen shakes.

Your question is more easily achieved in ph3 engine, as that one has functions available for your desired effects.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
  • I can cut people with all this edge
« Reply #541 on: November 24, 2013, 11:49:20 PM »
So I finally finished one boss fight and I am moving over to ph3  8)
But before i Do that
Here's a question

Is the way coding the same as v0.12 in ph3?
Like I can still task and such
I'm quite nervous moving over to the new engine because it might be very different :ohdear:
いつもニコニコあなたの隣に這いよる!生放送!は好き。月です~す。略してニコニャル
Learned how to use a custom shotsheet : 12/28/13 *clapclapclap*
東方謎佚光 ~ Dimensional Light Abscence Work In Progress Touhou Fangame

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #542 on: November 25, 2013, 12:03:24 AM »
Is the way coding the same as v0.12 in ph3?
Like I can still task and such
I'm quite nervous moving over to the new engine because it might be very different :ohdear:
I started ph3 yesterday. And the differences were frightening at first.

You will be using tasks VERY frequently, and you will be using objects for everything. Most of the function names are different (to allow people to not confuse the two languages), and things such like @Background and script_enemy_main are gone. Backgrounds and systems need to be linked a certain way, and...

There's a lot to learn.

« Reply #543 on: November 25, 2013, 12:23:02 AM »
It's better to move versions now. You don't want to be stuck with 0.12 as it was abandoned a long time ago.
Ph3 has so many more functions like getting rid of the frame entirely and I believe shaking the screen.
Although I haven't switched to ph3 yet. I'm in the middle stage where I'm not using 0.12 or ph3 so...

You might want to look towards the already created scripts for a base script.
Currently a normal player

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #544 on: November 25, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »
I suggest waiting until you fully understand 0.12m. If 0.12m is still having you confused then ph3 would be even worse. As sweet as ph3 is you may not be ready to move on just yet.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #545 on: November 25, 2013, 12:47:51 AM »
I suggest waiting until you fully understand 0.12m. If 0.12m is still having you confused then ph3 would be even worse. As sweet as ph3 is you may not be ready to move on just yet.
Yeahhh....you're right I guess I should understand more since I still haven't learned creating events and stages in 0.12

Especially after looking into Helepolis tutorial on ph3
No more script enemy main
The boss is an object now
Set life is gone
Set timer is gone
@Initialize is #Initialize now and there's an #Event
Oh God it gave me a headache /X_X

So I guess I'm gonna stick to 0.12 for now
While testing and learning ph3 when I feel like it...

Although How does one fully understand 0.12? o.O
I can create a boss
I can make it fire
I can make a plural script
I don't know how to make stages
Change the stgframe
Or make event
So am I still missing something left to understand?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #546 on: November 25, 2013, 12:55:59 AM »
Although How does one fully understand 0.12? o.O
I can create a boss
I can make it fire
I don't know how to make stages
Change the stgframe
Or make event
Make a stage, link stages together, make a menu, understand arrays of objects, understand drawing layers and render targets, make 3D backgrounds, know how to nest tasks, learn how things are executed, make a custom system, and understand Common Data.

Also, master object effects.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #547 on: November 25, 2013, 01:14:41 AM »
Make a stage, link stages together, make a menu, understand arrays of objects, understand drawing layers and render targets, make 3D backgrounds, know how to nest tasks, learn how things are executed, make a custom system, and understand Common Data.

Also, master object effects.
Thing is, all of those can still be learned in ph3 (and are more streamlined than in 0.12m).

--
SetLife still exists.
SetTimer still exists.
@Initialized is still @Initialize (where did you get the pound sign from)

@Event and the lack of script_enemy_main will admittedly take a while to get used to them, but really they are massive improvements over 0.12m.

I can create a boss
I can make it fire
I honestly believe this is all you really need to know to get into ph3. I really recommend switching over to ph3, or at least taking a look at the ExRumia samples; it's not as threatening as it may seem. Creating basic things (a single attack/plural) in ph3 is pretty much the same as 0.12m, just different function names.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:22:27 AM by gtbot »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #548 on: November 25, 2013, 08:45:21 AM »
Producing actually something.

Have you released anything? Understanding comes from scripting a lot and trying to script more complicated things with each attempt. Do you think that everybody here started with supreme effects? (Well, few did, but those are rare conditional people). My first boss didn't even contain a background, plural or stage etc.

Step by step, like a toddler taking his first ones.

Regarding 0.12m vs ph3. There is nothing to be scared of ph3. Not any more because we have quite the documentation on the wiki. Aside from different names for functions the majority of the engine is, as said above by various people, the same.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #549 on: November 25, 2013, 10:09:13 AM »
Have you released anything? Understanding comes from scripting a lot and trying to script more complicated things with each attempt. Do you think that everybody here started with supreme effects? (Well, few did, but those are rare conditional people). My first boss didn't even contain a background, plural or stage etc.

Speaking Of Which , am i able to post my work on this forum? (on Rika and Nitori thread to be exact)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #550 on: November 25, 2013, 11:30:35 AM »
All authors are free to create a personal thread to display their work. That is up to you.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #551 on: November 25, 2013, 12:00:10 PM »
I suggest to start with Ph3 asap.
Might even be better now than when you're "too" used to 0.12m.
The scripting style is smoother and imo, easier (atleast once you've gotten used to it) and the frustration of having to use workarounds goes away in ph3.

Shaking the screen is just one of the many things which gets messy in 0.12m and Ph3 really isn't that difficult to learn, especially if you know the basics of 0.12m, which it seems like you do.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:04:30 PM by Darkness1 »

« Reply #552 on: November 25, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »
I feel it's actually better to switch now when you still haven't gotten to comfortable with the functions in 0.12.
All you need to learn is a sense of functions and what the do and ph3 would be a piece of cake to learn.
The only thing that make ph3 seem harder is because there are no full tutorials on firing complex bullets, creating backgrounds, etc.

Speaking of which, I'm going to go start learning ph3 as I'm itching to create a script I'm satisfied with.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #553 on: November 25, 2013, 10:32:21 PM »
The only problem with starting with ph3 is that if you have no Computer Science experience, it's much harder to learn. If you are fairly good at using C style languages, ph3 is a better starting point than 0.12m since you don't have to deal with learning logic and syntax.

The reason I started with 0.12m was because ph3 wasn't supported by Wine when I joined the forum, and because it was under serious development and I didn't want to throw myself into an unstable language. (Also, I didn't understand objects or tasks at all).

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #554 on: November 26, 2013, 02:26:16 PM »
Well thanks for increasing my faith not to be scared of ph3 (That the only way i can say that phrase  :wikipedia: i dont know how else i would have said it XD )
I guess my plan would be testing ph3 here and there until i get use to it as i am trying to make a full fangame out of 0.12 as sort of a test for myself to show i have understanded everything about 0.12 and is ready to move on to ph3 (And I do not want to lose the progress i have since 0.12 script cant be transfered)

and besides ph3 is still in beta so maybe i will break the system by making a game out of it even though i dont know anything yet

But looking through older posts on this thread i stumbled on someone else trying to change the stgframe

and then Drake said this:
-Make image
-Name it STG_Frame.png
-Make an img folder in the DNH root folder
-Plop image in folder

Or you can make an effect and draw it every frame but bleh.

and then Sparen said:
640*480. If 0.12m, black will be treated as transparent, so make sure that you leave the playing field open or black.
(I dont know what he meant by 640*480....uhhhh can anyone clarify that?)

By the way
 the type of stgframe im making is for myself only
it an stgframe that is there to stay  WHATEVER script i play whether  i made my self or others made it

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #555 on: November 26, 2013, 03:16:36 PM »
and besides ph3 is still in beta so maybe i will break the system by making a game out of it even though i dont know anything yet

and then Sparen said:(I dont know what he meant by 640*480....uhhhh can anyone clarify that?)
1. Eh, I'm pretty sure Ph3 can do everything 0.12m can and more in the state it is in right now. I did hear of maybe one or two specific functions not being available (?), but that's it.

2. The size of the screen? 640 should be the width and 480 the height.
It's easier to build a frame using an existing one, since 0.12m pretty much forces you to use the same dimensions for the playing field. I put an example in the attachments.

Drake

« Reply #556 on: November 26, 2013, 10:12:57 PM »
ph3 has been out of beta for months. It's currently in a sort of testing-the-waters stage (the "pre" series) where users find all the small bugs and suggest useful features. I guarantee it is very much complete, and on the off-chance you found something important missing you could still be suggest it to be implemented.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #557 on: November 26, 2013, 10:22:42 PM »
1. Eh, I'm pretty sure Ph3 can do everything 0.12m can and more in the state it is in right now. I did hear of maybe one or two specific functions not being available (?), but that's it.

Basically, just timestop and slow (as far as I know). It's the reason why Miransu made his RaNGE 10 entry in 0.12m.

But yeah. The guy who made the SpellCard Collection managed to make some kind of timestop on his own. It's definitely possible to make your own in ph3.

Just be aware: There is no default cut in for spell cards.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #558 on: December 01, 2013, 11:56:51 AM »
This is gonna sound like a wrecked post because i cannot get my head wrapped around animations

Sooo heres the thing, ive done my Cirno script and im moving over to other characters
though heres the catch....i was able to animate my cirno through helepolis tutorial
and now im having trouble animating koishi,I have her sprite sheet and it seems she has an
idle animation , moving animation (just 1 row of movement) and an attack animation

heres the animation code i used (Straight from the cirno script)

problem is : I never fully understood how animation worked
can anyone please help me understand animations better (using the koishi sprite sheet below) (on second thought that might be copyright and lets just imagine a koishi sortie sheet with 1 row of idle animation, 1 row of movement animation and an attack animation)

questions:
1.) How do i make koishi look normal on idle animation?
(the story is that i copy pasted the cirno animation and slapped it on the koishi script, redirect the pathway of the image, and now koishi looks like a stuttering prick while idle)

2.) I remember reading a comment on helepolis video that if you only have 1 row of movement animation your just gonna have to put a 180??????  ??? o.O on the code?? or maybe i misread it but anyways , koishi only has a 1 row movement animation which goes right so how am i gonna make her go left?
(uhmmm explain this to me please X_X)

3.) Dat Attack Animation!  :o , How am i gonna do that  ???
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:31:20 PM by Lunarethic »

KuroArashi100

« Reply #559 on: December 01, 2013, 01:53:40 PM »
The basic idea is that one image is displayed, but the contents of the image are slightly different every time, so it looks like the character moves.

SetGraphicRect() tells Danmakufu what content to use, which is then drawn using DrawGraphic().
By changing the contents of the part drawn in-game, the character will appear to be moving.

I commented your code so that you know what everything does: http://pastebin.com/AcnpkYbw

1. The rects (coordinates) you used are for the Cirno sprites. The Koishi sprites are differently sized, or are in a slightly different position than the Cirno sprites, which causes the stuttering.

2. You can see this in one of the comments too, but the 180 should be placed in the SetGraphicAngle to mirror the sprites, making it appear as if the character moves left. (In this case, if the original sprite moves left, it will move right.)

3. Make another block of code in which you check if a variable is on, and if that is true, play the attack animation. Something like this:
Code: [Select]
let attack = false; //at the start of the script

if(attack==true){    //checks if the variable called attack is equal to true. If this is true, it executes the following code.
if(f2<10){ SetGraphicRect(first attack sprite coordinates)}
if(f2>=10 && f2<20){ SetGraphicRect(coordinates for the second sprite)}
        if(f2>=20 && f2<30){ SetGraphicRect(coordinates for the third sprite etc.)}
f2++;
}
Then if you want to use an attack, set the variable attack to true beforehand.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #560 on: December 01, 2013, 02:08:19 PM »
To add, when animating Koishi, you will probably have to add new animation frames so it becomes like 6, if you want a smooth idle animation when she goes back and forth.

Alternative way of scripting animation:
//somewhere at the start:
let animframe=-1;

let leftrect = 0;
let rightrect = 0;

//In the animation task or whatever.
animframe++;

ascent(anim in 0.."amount of sprites in the animation"){

if(animframe==(anim*5)){
leftrect = anim*"width of sprites";
rightrect = "width of sprites" + anim*"width of sprites";
}

}

if(animframe==("amount of sprites in the animation"*5+5)){animframe=-1;}

SetGraphicRect(leftrect, "top rect", rightrect, "bottom rect");
Just an example, (because I like ascent loops, that's why) but I think it looks cleaner this way. I dunno how good this is, just what I would use.
Hopefully it works in 0.12m too  ::)

~ And yeah, if you use KuroArashi's attack script, remember to check if attack==false on the normal idle animation, if it isn't obvious.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:14:08 PM by Darkness1 »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #561 on: December 01, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »
Its best to create a task for animations and control it that way. Constantly changing the rect of a graphic in @Drawloop can cause graphical errors especially for enemy scripts when chained together in stage scripts.

Or, you could use the animation library function which pretty much makes this process easier.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #562 on: December 02, 2013, 10:48:55 AM »
thanks for the animation help but uhhh two questions.

(because I like ascent loops, that's why)

Whats an ascent loop? X_X and how does it differ from the run on a mill normal loop?

Or, you could use the animation library function which pretty much makes this process easier.

whats an animation library? o.O

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #563 on: December 02, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »
thanks for the animation help but uhhh two questions.

Whats an ascent loop? X_X and how does it differ from the run on a mill normal loop?

whats an animation library? o.O
No offence, though I am obliged to ask: how far did you actually study the 0.12m tutorials? The questions you have been asking us so far are vast explained and written in tutorials + wiki. Not that we don't mind to help, however, we also expect you to do some reading as well you know  ???

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #564 on: December 02, 2013, 03:21:19 PM »
An ascent loop is a loop which also gives you a temporary variable (I think it's called a variable?) inside the loop.
For example, the ascent loop
ascent(something in 0..3){} would loop what's in the loop 3 times while also giving them the temporary values 0, 1 and 2 with the name "something".
In the first loop, something would be equal to 0, second loop equal to 1 and so on.

Using this, you could easily create a circle pattern with bullets by using ascent(i in 0..10){} and putting i*360/10 as the angle of the bullets in the loop ^^.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #565 on: December 02, 2013, 03:28:04 PM »
No offence, though I am obliged to ask: how far did you actually study the 0.12m tutorials? The questions you have been asking us so far are vast explained and written in tutorials + wiki. Not that we don't mind to help, however, we also expect you to do some reading as well you know  ???
No Offence taken , wellllll i am on the "Able to create 1 boss fight because of Helepolis tutorials" stage on my scripting abilities

I have watch all your 0.12 tutorials and currently watching your p3 one , tested out what i learned myself , read some function on the wiki , and once again tested it out to see how it worked

but the reason im asking question like is most likely i havent encountered these things yet

i did not use an ascent loop on making my first boss fight , (nor did i even know there was one in the first place , or maybe its because i avoided the math functions that are on the wiki like a swarm of very grumpy turkeys) so i dont know what that does

and i never heard of an animation library ever since i was born because danmakufu is my first ever programming experience as im still in third year high school student in the phillipines and have not encountered programming even in school from the day i went to nursery

again really sorry if i keep spouting out random question because i have not encountered the words or programming language in my entire life.........ESPECIALLY THESE THINGS  :getdown:
cos
sin
tan
acos
asin
atan
atan2
log
log10
rand
rand_int
prand
prand_int
psrand
int
truncate
round
ceil
floor
absolute
length
integral
ToString
Collision_Line_Circle
Collision_Obj_Obj

An ascent loop is a loop which also gives you a temporary variable (I think it's called a variable?) inside the loop.
For example, the ascent loop
ascent(something in 0..3){} would loop what's in the loop 3 times while also giving them the temporary values 0, 1 and 2 with the name "something".
In the first loop, something would be equal to 0, second loop equal to 1 and so on.

Using this, you could easily create a circle pattern with bullets by using ascent(i in 0..10){} and putting i*360/10 as the angle of the bullets in the loop ^^.
Let me see if i understand this
so, using what you posted as an example

this ascent loop is a loop that will loop (Yeah....loops XD)  from 0 to 4 times( number of animation) and i presume the bracket means it will do something

did i get that right  ???
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:33:56 PM by Lunarethic »

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #566 on: December 02, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »
Let me see if i understand this
so, using what you posted as an example

this ascent loop is a loop that will loop (Yeah....loops XD)  from 0 to 4 times( number of animation) and i presume the bracket means it will do something

did i get that right  ???
It runs the statement
if(animframe==(anim*5)), yes. The temporary loop is called anim, which means that if the ascent boundaries are 0..4, it will check if the variable animframe is equal to 0, 5, 10 or 15.
This is the unique thing about an ascentloop. The variable (called anim in the example) which is created at the start of each loop and deleted at the end. This means that every loop gets a personal value which can be used with everything inside the loop.

Another example is using
ascent(i in -3..4) with bullets to shoot a bullet wave/wall.

Also, if you don't know what the animation library is, it's a "script library" you can download to make animation easier in 0.12m. Look in the stickies here on RaNGe to find it.

Drake

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #568 on: December 02, 2013, 11:50:28 PM »
Thank you Drake.

On a related note, you should really be checking the Danmakufu Wiki. I know that it's under construction (I will probably start a 0.12m=>ph3 transition guide), but nevertheless, do look at the 0.12m tutorials and read them. The tutorials are also linked in the FAQ sticky (which... people don't read).

« Reply #569 on: December 03, 2013, 06:31:57 AM »
Everything is in the sticky. It's quite helpful even though I might be the only one who read each thread like three times each.
You should also read the other tutorial threads that Drake linked to. They are organized for easy access to information.

And you shouldn't worry about trigonometry, you will learn it in time. (Even if you only know a bit about it enough to make a simple function.)
I'm not even sure about cosine and sine. All I learned is that they are helpful to make circles.