Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184737 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #960 on: July 10, 2012, 04:32:30 AM »
>We'll wake Kaki, and then find Ichirin and ask about the hat.
>Be sure to nod in acknowledgement to Byakuren if we pass her.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #961 on: July 10, 2012, 05:11:16 AM »
>We'll wake Kaki, and then find Ichirin and ask about the hat.
>Be sure to nod in acknowledgement to Byakuren if we pass her.

You nod to Byakuren as you pass her on the temple pathway, and she nods back with a sleepy smile. She says nothing, but you doubt she got much rest last night. You enter the room where you last saw Neneru and Shiku and find that the little foxgirl, Kaki, is curled up on the bed. She almost looks too cute to wake.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #962 on: July 10, 2012, 05:17:20 AM »
>Smile, and gently nudge her shoulder. "Wake up dear."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #963 on: July 10, 2012, 10:43:02 AM »
>Smile, and gently nudge her shoulder. "Wake up dear."

Kaki slowly opens her eyes, and stares at you blankly for a moment before smiling. "Mornin'," she murmurs, "how're you?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #964 on: July 10, 2012, 10:49:13 AM »
>Smile back. "Rather nice. I was technically awake all night though, but let's just say I have a means for keeping my energy up. You'll see soon enough next month."
>"Well, shall we be off? We'll give you the chance to get ready, clean up and such."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #965 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07:59 AM »
>Smile back. "Rather nice. I was technically awake all night though, but let's just say I have a means for keeping my energy up. You'll see soon enough next month."

Kaki nods, but says nothing while she pulls herself into a sitting position on the bed.

>"Well, shall we be off? We'll give you the chance to get ready, clean up and such."

"'m fine," Kaki says, and aside from a few wayward tufts of hair she doesn't look that bad. She probably could use a new set of clothing, as the set she has on now doesn't really fit her, but in terms of general cleanliness Kaki's not doing that badly. She stares at you for a moment before asking, "Where we goin'?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #966 on: July 10, 2012, 11:12:35 AM »
>"First, we have to regain my hat, I left it here the other night so it wouldn't get damaged. Then, we'll be stopping by the Scarlet Devil Mansion to take care of a few things so you, Shiku, and Neneru can move in with me."
>"Now, shall we go?"
>Let's go find Ichirin so we can ask about our hat.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #967 on: July 10, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
>"First, we have to regain my hat, I left it here the other night so it wouldn't get damaged. Then, we'll be stopping by the Scarlet Devil Mansion to take care of a few things so you, Shiku, and Neneru can move in with me."
>"Now, shall we go?"
>Let's go find Ichirin so we can ask about our hat.

Your small party of people exit the guest room and begin the search for Ichirin. Before you can get too far, however, you are stopped by Nazrin, giving you a curious look. "You look lost, Keine," she says. "You looking for something?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #968 on: July 10, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »
>"Ah, as a matter of fact I am. I left my hat here the other night, to keep it from getting damaged in the battle. I was intending to ask someone if it was still where I left it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #969 on: July 10, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »
>"Ah, as a matter of fact I am. I left my hat here the other night, to keep it from getting damaged in the battle. I was intending to ask someone if it was still where I left it."

Nazrin gives a grin. "You couldn't have asked a better person then, haha," she says as she chuckles at her little joke. "Actually I happen to know where it is. Byakuren put it in her room for safekeeping. I'll go get it for you if you can wait just a moment."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #970 on: July 10, 2012, 12:08:32 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, there's no rush.."
>Let's wait!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #971 on: July 10, 2012, 01:07:33 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, there's no rush.."
>Let's wait!

The waiting doesn't take long - Byakuren's room must be close by, you assume. In less than a minute, Nazrin comes walking back with your signature hat in one hand and her dowsing rods in the other. She hands it to you with a smile.

"Here you go, Keine. And I don't know if you've heard it already, but thank you for saving Byakuren. You really did good there. The whole temple probably owes you."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #972 on: July 10, 2012, 01:20:44 PM »
>Smile and re-equip hat.. "It wasn't a problem, really. Besides, those Lunarians who caused this fuss in the first place caused quite a bit of trouble a while back, so it was rather nice being able to turn the tables on them."
>Bow slightly. "Besides, I should be thanking you all for tending to these three in my absence. Until next time I assume?"
>Let's make for the SDM now!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #973 on: July 10, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »
>Smile and re-equip hat.. "It wasn't a problem, really. Besides, those Lunarians who caused this fuss in the first place caused quite a bit of trouble a while back, so it was rather nice being able to turn the tables on them."
>Bow slightly. "Besides, I should be thanking you all for tending to these three in my absence. Until next time I assume?"
>Let's make for the SDM now!

Nazrin smiles and waves at you. "Until next time. Feel free to stop by at any time, all right?"

The four of you take the mildly long journey to the Scarlet Devil Mansion. You actually make it most of the way there when Neneru gets distracted by the large lake next to it and starts rushing off excitedly to go look at it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #974 on: July 10, 2012, 08:21:27 PM »
>Sigh, and go after her. "There will be plenty of time to look at the lake later dear."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #975 on: July 10, 2012, 08:32:55 PM »
>Sigh, and go after her. "There will be plenty of time to look at the lake later dear."

Neneru sighs along with you. "After the mansion thing can we go maybe? I wanna see it!"

The mansion itself looks like it always does. Meiling's leaning against the wall next to the gate with her eyes closed. Honestly, as often as she's seen like this you can see where Aya would get the idea that she's lazy.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #976 on: July 10, 2012, 08:35:08 PM »
>"This is the Scarlet Devil Mansion. It might look to be normal-sized, but it's far larger on the inside."
>Let's head over to Hong and tap her on the shoulder.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #977 on: July 10, 2012, 09:05:04 PM »
>"This is the Scarlet Devil Mansion. It might look to be normal-sized, but it's far larger on the inside."
>Let's head over to Hong and tap her on the shoulder.

The four of you head over to the gate and you move to tap Hong Meiling on the shoulder. Before your hand even reaches, though, her own hand is on your shoulder and she glares at you for half a second before recognizing who you are. Her glare softens after that, although she doesn't let go of your shoulder.

"Oh... Keine. You really should know better than to get close to me without warning, you know. The mistress is very interested in seeing you, but I'm guessing you have other business?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #978 on: July 10, 2012, 09:10:58 PM »
>Nod. "I was looking to meet with Patchouli about the Shikigami business, and a few other things."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #979 on: July 10, 2012, 09:29:20 PM »
>Nod. "I was looking to meet with Patchouli about the Shikigami business, and a few other things."

Meiling nods, opening the gate. Once inside the gate, Sakuya appears next to you out of nowhere, walking alongside you towards the front entrance.

"Greetings, Keine. I hope you've been well since last we met?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #980 on: July 10, 2012, 09:33:58 PM »
>Nod. "Quite."
>Look to Neneru. "This is Sakuya, the one I spoke of earlier?"
>Look back to Sakuya with a smile. "This is Neneru, one of the three youkai who will become my Shikigami. She's rather taken with what you're capable of."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #981 on: July 10, 2012, 09:46:35 PM »
>Nod. "Quite."
>Look to Neneru. "This is Sakuya, the one I spoke of earlier?"
>Look back to Sakuya with a smile. "This is Neneru, one of the three youkai who will become my Shikigami. She's rather taken with what you're capable of."

As if on cue, Neneru starts talking to Sakuya in a very fast, excitable tone. "So you're the time travelling ninja maid knife master person right? How do you do all that? Can you teach me? I wanna be one too!" Sakuya smiles, correcting Neneru with a "Time-stopping, not time-travelling. And I could teach you, but I cannot now. There is business to be done." She then turns to you. "Both the mistress and Patchouli are happy to see you, but since the mistress is taking care of something involving her sister right now, I was hoping you would be fine if we stopped by the library first."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #982 on: July 10, 2012, 09:47:42 PM »
>Nod. "That is quite alright, I was planning to go there to begin with."
>Let's follow Sakuya when she prompts!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #983 on: July 10, 2012, 09:59:08 PM »
>Nod. "That is quite alright, I was planning to go there to begin with."
>Let's follow Sakuya when she prompts!

She leads you through the first floor of the mansion to a small single door. Putting a finger to her mouth to indicate quiet, she opens the door and you see, through that single door, a library of vast proportions. Marisa might have been exaggerating when she said "miles long" but she wasn't by much. Fortunately, the purple-haired magician of the library, Patchouli Knowledge, is reading a book in a desk a mere 100 feet away from the doorway. She doesn't seem to notice you yet.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #984 on: July 10, 2012, 10:05:40 PM »
>Let's walk over quietly with the three in two.
>"Hello again. As I said the other night, I would be by with them."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #985 on: July 10, 2012, 10:22:26 PM »
>Let's walk over quietly with the three in two.
>"Hello again. As I said the other night, I would be by with them."

Patchouli nods. "Ah yes, the three would-be shikigami. I've actually already prepared the circle, if you have a contract prepared. We could get this over with in little more than a half an hour."

Now that you mention it, she DID say something about a contract earlier.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #986 on: July 10, 2012, 10:25:54 PM »
>"So, we simply need to write it up, yes? Because the main things on my side of the deal are that they cause no harm to the villagers, and protect them as I would. They're free to live as they desire as long as that's adhered to."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #987 on: July 10, 2012, 10:29:08 PM »
>"So, we simply need to write it up, yes? Because the main things on my side of the deal are that they cause no harm to the villagers, and protect them as I would. They're free to live as they desire as long as that's adhered to."

Patchouli frowns. "No writing up is necessary, both sides state their terms of the contract in the magic circle. It's verbal, although many write it down anyway to save them the trouble of memorization. As for the terms, what you've said so far will work well, but do you not wish to include some form of servitude clause? It's extremely common among shikigami contracts to do so. Obedience clauses are common as well."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #988 on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
>"Well, I do not wish to obstruct them too much. Freedom to live as they choose was a main point for getting Shiku to agree."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #989 on: July 10, 2012, 10:48:55 PM »
>"Well, I do not wish to obstruct them too much. Freedom to live as they choose was a main point for getting Shiku to agree."

Patchouli nods. "Very well. Such clauses are not universal, after all. Oh, one more thing to remember: the shikigami bond depends on the contract itself. The clearer the terms of the contract are, the stronger the shikigami bond shall be. So when you state the terms in the circle, be sure to be as clear and unambiguous as possible." Shiku steps forward hesitantly. "Um... Keine, would you be willing to accept a condition of your own?"