Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184861 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #930 on: July 09, 2012, 07:26:57 PM »
>Nod. "That seems to be the speed of things. If I'm not mistaken, the villagers should have no reason to complain, as you'll be under my command. And you'll be helping protect the village, which means they'll have to be grateful."
>Smile in a somewhat devious way. "I've been around long enough to know how people think."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #931 on: July 09, 2012, 07:40:12 PM »
>Nod. "That seems to be the speed of things. If I'm not mistaken, the villagers should have no reason to complain, as you'll be under my command. And you'll be helping protect the village, which means they'll have to be grateful."

Another smirk. "Hope you know a good battle trainer, then. Because me and the little ones don't know how to fight that well... we've always gotten by with running, ya know?"

>Smile in a somewhat devious way. "I've been around long enough to know how people think."

The smirk disappears, and Shiku looks to the side. "I sure hope not... I'd hate to think someone could predict my thoughts like that."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #932 on: July 09, 2012, 07:42:06 PM »
>Smile cheerfully. "It's the humans I was talking about."
>"But Mokou and myself can help train you three. Mokou's someone you can go all out with though, I just need to tell her to remember to hold back."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #933 on: July 09, 2012, 07:51:57 PM »
>Smile cheerfully. "It's the humans I was talking about."
>"But Mokou and myself can help train you three. Mokou's someone you can go all out with though, I just need to tell her to remember to hold back."

"Mokou..." Shiku puts her finger to her mouth, thinking back. Well, to yesterday, but still. "Wasn't she the one who tied me up with my own rope? Yeah, I sure hope she holds back. I don't think I could fight her and win if she had both her hands tied around her back, if she went all out."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #934 on: July 09, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »
>Nod. "That would be the one. She's actually quite nice really. A bit gruff and prone to losing her cool at times, but she's been a good friend for ages."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #935 on: July 09, 2012, 07:59:56 PM »
>Nod. "That would be the one. She's actually quite nice really. A bit gruff and prone to losing her cool at times, but she's been a good friend for ages."

Headtilt. "Ages? Just how long you been around, anyway? Or her, for that matter? I thought she was just a strong human or something."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #936 on: July 09, 2012, 08:07:10 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "It's a figure of speech. I'm only coming close to 40 you know, but she's been around far longer."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #937 on: July 09, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "It's a figure of speech. I'm only coming close to 40 you know, but she's been around far longer."

A nod. "So you really are pretty much just human then... well, not quite human, but you get my point. That's not a youkai lifespan. Does... does that make Mokou a youkai?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #938 on: July 09, 2012, 08:30:45 PM »
>Chuckle. "She isn't Human, Ghost, or Youkai. You'll understand when you train with her."
>"Besides, the fact that I'm half-youkai means I'll live longer than a human at least."

(Keine is indeed listed as one.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #939 on: July 09, 2012, 08:48:43 PM »
>Chuckle. "She isn't Human, Ghost, or Youkai. You'll understand when you train with her."

Shiku nods. "Well, all right. I don't like not knowing everything, but... I guess I can trust you in this case."

>"Besides, the fact that I'm half-youkai means I'll live longer than a human at least."

(Keine is indeed listed as one.)

(Oh I believe you. The question is if Shiku does.)

Shiku smiles. "Good, I'd hate to be bound to someone who's going to die in 20 years. Wouldn't be any fun, you know?" Just then, she jumps up a bit as you see Neneru peek out from behind her. "Hehe," Neneru chuckles, "I shocked ya! Hi Keine-sama!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #940 on: July 09, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »
>Administer headpats to Neneru. "And how have you been?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #941 on: July 09, 2012, 08:58:12 PM »
>Administer headpats to Neneru. "And how have you been?"

Neneru grins playfully. "Great! We came here and then the tiger lady taught me about Bishamonten and I got to hold the pagoda thing and then we had dinner and they had fish! And it was really good and then I played with Shiku and then she put us to bed but I woke up early because I do that sometimes and then I shocked her! And then you were there!"

Very excitable.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #942 on: July 09, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Quite the day then, wasn't it?"
>Look to Shiku with an amused smile. "Always the ball of energy, isn't she? Kids are like that. Human, Youkai, it doesn't matter."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #943 on: July 09, 2012, 09:03:31 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Quite the day then, wasn't it?"
>Look to Shiku with an amused smile. "Always the ball of energy, isn't she? Kids are like that. Human, Youkai, it doesn't matter."

Shiku nods, sighing. "Yes, she's quite exhausting sometimes... I just hope you realize what you're getting into. It'd be like having two children around the house. I hope you don't have any kids yourself?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #944 on: July 10, 2012, 01:09:46 AM »
>Smile warmly. "Did you forget that I'm a teacher? And besides, there's nobody else at my house. Though I will need to get it expanded."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #945 on: July 10, 2012, 02:40:46 AM »
>Smile warmly. "Did you forget that I'm a teacher? And besides, there's nobody else at my house. Though I will need to get it expanded."

Neneru jumps out from behind Shiku, apparently eager to participate. "Oooh! You could ask the purple one for help! The witch says her house is really really huge!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #946 on: July 10, 2012, 02:42:49 AM »
>Nod thoughtfully. "Yes, she may well have some useful spells for reconstructing buildings. Though hers is big for a different reason."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #947 on: July 10, 2012, 02:53:33 AM »
>Nod thoughtfully. "Yes, she may well have some useful spells for reconstructing buildings. Though hers is big for a different reason."

Neneru... wiggles. Sure. "Huh? Whaddya mean? The witch says the library's like miles big! You'd think someone would see that." She sits down and starts thinking intently, no doubt trying to figure out where a miles-long library would be that she hadn't noticed.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #948 on: July 10, 2012, 03:01:55 AM »
>Chuckle a bit. "You see, there is some who lives there that controls time. I once faced her and the mansion's owner long ago. Such a troublesome pair they were, though they didn't bother with the village. And the one who controls time, Sakuya Izayoi, even visits the village on occasion to stock up on supplies. Since she's human, she gets a pass in by the villagers."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #949 on: July 10, 2012, 03:07:18 AM »
>Chuckle a bit. "You see, there is some who lives there that controls time. I once faced her and the mansion's owner long ago. Such a troublesome pair they were, though they didn't bother with the village. And the one who controls time, Sakuya Izayoi, even visits the village on occasion to stock up on supplies. Since she's human, she gets a pass in by the villagers."

Neneru stares at you in awe. "A lady who controls time... that sounds really cool! I'll bet she's like some time traveling ninja maid!" Then she suddenly stops. "But how would that effect the library...?" You doubt she's ready to understand space-time equivalency yet. Hell, you're not sure you understand the details of it yourself, even after Sakuya attempted to explain it to you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #950 on: July 10, 2012, 03:14:11 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "She actually is a Maid. And she does specialize in throwing knives, so I suppose she would fit the bill for that."
>"But let's just say that her power over time also lets her toy around with space to a point. I can't quite understand the details, even despite being one of the more intelligent members of the Gensokyo community. You almost need to think beyond even the norm for an ancient youkai in order to understand it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #951 on: July 10, 2012, 03:22:22 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "She actually is a Maid. And she does specialize in throwing knives, so I suppose she would fit the bill for that."

There's almost stars in Neneru's eyes now.

>"But let's just say that her power over time also lets her toy around with space to a point. I can't quite understand the details, even despite being one of the more intelligent members of the Gensokyo community. You almost need to think beyond even the norm for an ancient youkai in order to understand it."

"Um..." She's obviously confused about it, but let's the matter go. "Okay! So are we gonna go see the purple lady when the sun comes up?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #952 on: July 10, 2012, 03:25:48 AM »
>Nod. "Yes, that's the plan. I shall have to remember to ask about spells for reconstructing buildings as well. I've been meaning to get more room for my books anyways."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #953 on: July 10, 2012, 03:42:07 AM »
>Nod. "Yes, that's the plan. I shall have to remember to ask about spells for reconstructing buildings as well. I've been meaning to get more room for my books anyways."

The sky all around you is beginning to lighten. The sun's not quite up yet, but dawn should be coming soon. Fortunately, this form acts as quite the buffer, so even when you detransform you'll feel like you just woke up from a nice long sleep. It's a nice little side effect.

Neneru's still bouncing around a bit. "Oh, cool, I can't wait! It's gonna be exciting!" Suddenly she remembers something. "You mentioned 'the owner of the mansion' earlier, right? Who's that? Is that the blonde vampire the witch told us about, the one with the crazy eyes and the crystal wings?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #954 on: July 10, 2012, 03:48:57 AM »
>Shake our head no. "No, that would be her younger sister."
>"And I would advise that you be careful during our visit, that one can destroy anything she desires. She's rather excitable as well, so I suggest you avoid the basement area."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #955 on: July 10, 2012, 04:02:12 AM »
>Shake our head no. "No, that would be her younger sister."
>"And I would advise that you be careful during our visit, that one can destroy anything she desires. She's rather excitable as well, so I suggest you avoid the basement area."

Neneru nods, staring at you. "So... don't go in the basement, okay. Anything else? Like, don't make the ninja maid mad or something?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #956 on: July 10, 2012, 04:06:37 AM »
>Nod. "It's difficult to, given her calm demeanor, but err on the side of caution. And stick close when we go."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #957 on: July 10, 2012, 04:12:25 AM »
>Nod. "It's difficult to, given her calm demeanor, but err on the side of caution. And stick close when we go."

Neneru nods, and the three of you sit in silence for a few moments as the sun rises over Gensokyo. It's a beautiful sight that you never miss the chance to see in your youkai form. Unfortunately, the sight of that sun also means your youkai form slowly slips away from you, as your horns recede and your green hair and clothing slip back to a normal blue. You also feel the larger part of your power slip away from you... depressing, but what can you do?

When it's all over, Neneru starts tugging at your sleeve. "Um... Keine-sama, should we go get Kaki? Because, um, I really wanna go. To the mansion place."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #958 on: July 10, 2012, 04:16:26 AM »
>Nod. "Yes, I'll go pick up my hat that I left here as well."
>Let's go reclaim the hat we left behind.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #959 on: July 10, 2012, 04:30:48 AM »
>Nod. "Yes, I'll go pick up my hat that I left here as well."
>Let's go reclaim the hat we left behind.

You turn around to enter the temple and see that Murasa has just helped Ichirin to open the gates. The temple's open for business now, you suppose. Both of them seem to have gone inside for the moment, but you do see Byakuren sleepily heading out for her early morning walk, with Shou on guard. A reasonable precaution, you suppose. Perhaps one of them would know where your hat is. Or you could go wake Kaki. Really up to you.