Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184807 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #900 on: July 09, 2012, 12:58:27 AM »
>Nod. "Well, I think it's time to return Patchouli to her home, I daresay Remilia has been waiting earnestly. Until next time."
>Let's get to taking Patchy to the mansion, we'll help Byakuren if she needs it as well.

Mokou laughs. "You do that, Keine. I'm gonna go back to the Forest, if ya don't need me anymore." Byakuren nods to you, but waves her hand in dismissal. "That's okay, Keine... I'll be fine on my own. They don't call me Superhuman Hijiri for nothing, you know!" The two of them look ready to leave, so if you have anything to say to them, say it now.

Patchouli, at least, is glad of your offer, bowing to you. "Thank you... I wouldn't want to travel to the Scarlet Devil Mansion alone, especially not at this hour..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #901 on: July 09, 2012, 01:00:46 AM »
>Nod. "I'll see you two again tomorrow most likely."
>Look to Byakuren with a smile. "After all, I have to check on the kids every now and again."
>Look back to Patchy. "Well, let's be off."
>Let's roll!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #902 on: July 09, 2012, 01:19:17 AM »
>Nod. "I'll see you two again tomorrow most likely."

Mokou grins. "See ya 'round, Keine." She jumps into the forest and disappears within seconds.

>Look to Byakuren with a smile. "After all, I have to check on the kids every now and again."

Byakuren nods and smiles. "You'll always be welcome at Myouren Temple, Keine. See you then." She flies off with a smile.
>Look back to Patchy. "Well, let's be off."
>Let's roll!

Patchouli nods, and the two of you fly off toward the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

It takes you a while to get there, and you can feel the night getting on, but you finally arrive in front of the gates. Meiling's leaning against the gate with her eyes closed, but they snap open as she sees you. "Who goes the-- oh, Patchouli!" Meiling practically shouts, "It's so good to see you again!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #903 on: July 09, 2012, 01:23:29 AM »
>Nod with a smile. "I found her the day before yesterday, along with the other four missing Magicians, but I needed some time, and her support, to ensure such a thing wouldn't happen again."
>Smile. "Well, I suppose we part ways here, Patchouli. Don't hesitate to write letters now you know, I'm certain Sakuya can deliver them."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #904 on: July 09, 2012, 02:09:24 AM »
>Nod with a smile. "I found her the day before yesterday, along with the other four missing Magicians, but I needed some time, and her support, to ensure such a thing wouldn't happen again."
>Smile. "Well, I suppose we part ways here, Patchouli. Don't hesitate to write letters now you know, I'm certain Sakuya can deliver them."

Patchouli smiles and nods to you. "I shall be sure to inform Remilia of your role in the events. I'm sure she will be pleased." She enters the gate, and Meiling begins to relax again.

You are now alone. Where shall you go?

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #905 on: July 09, 2012, 02:14:13 AM »
(Pretend she wasn't. The parser forgot where she was.)

As I understand it (though I could be wrong), Shinto deities can split their spirits, effectively allowing them to be in multiple places at once. If that's correct, then there's no reason Kanako couldn't be doing both at the same time.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #906 on: July 09, 2012, 02:15:35 AM »
As I understand it (though I could be wrong), Shinto deities can split their spirits, effectively allowing them to be in multiple places at once. If that's correct, then there's no reason Kanako couldn't be doing both at the same time.

(Yes. That's what I was doing. See why it made sense for Kanako to go now?

:mischief:)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #907 on: July 09, 2012, 06:23:43 AM »
(True, she should have enough faith for that.)
>"Well, hopefully this is the only Incident I'll have to deal with this summer. Farewell."
>Let's go back to the Temple and pick up our hat, and maybe pass the time there until our transformation wears off again. Can't go into the village looking like this after all.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #908 on: July 09, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »
(True, she should have enough faith for that.)
>"Well, hopefully this is the only Incident I'll have to deal with this summer. Farewell."
>Let's go back to the Temple and pick up our hat, and maybe pass the time there until our transformation wears off again. Can't go into the village looking like this after all.

You hope this is the only incident you deal with this autumn, but with that deal you made with Mima, that doesn't seem likely.

You fly to the Temple, which takes a little while. Just about everyone is asleep at this point, but even so you see two figures watching at the temple gates - not only Ichirin, likely just the night watch, but Shiku is there as well, albeit looking very sleepy. The two of them wave to you as you enter the temple, and shout a greeting at the same time.

Ichirin: "Welcome to the Temple, Keine!"
Shiku: "Jeez, took you long enough, didn't it?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #909 on: July 09, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »
>Well, the deal was only good once, so we can pull a trick out of her own hat if need be.
>Simile somewhat wearily. "Yeah."
>We haven't changed back, have we?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #910 on: July 09, 2012, 11:55:47 AM »
>Well, the deal was only good once, so we can pull a trick out of her own hat if need be.
>Simile somewhat wearily. "Yeah."

Shiku steps forward, looking away. "So... wait, just to be sure, you are Keine the history teacher, right? Because I've actually got a couple of questions for you."

>We haven't changed back, have we?

No you haven't, there's still a couple more hours until morning.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #911 on: July 09, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »
>Nod. "Indeed. You see, once a month, the other side of my dual nature takes the lead, and I can freely control history. Create, obscure, anything required."
>Smile in our usual way. "So, what questions did you have?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #912 on: July 09, 2012, 12:11:09 PM »
>Nod. "Indeed. You see, once a month, the other side of my dual nature takes the lead, and I can freely control history. Create, obscure, anything required."

Shiku nods, a bit shocked. "I'm not sure whether to call that amazing or shocking... Er, no offense intended."

>Smile in our usual way. "So, what questions did you have?"

Shiku continues to look to the side, thinking for a moment how to frame her question. "Well, I... that is, um, Neneru wanted to know if the whole shikigami deal was still open, or if you'd abandoned that idea. And... well, I guess I might be kind of interested too."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #913 on: July 09, 2012, 12:15:36 PM »
>Nod and smile warmly. "Of course. You girls do need someone to guide and teach you after all."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #914 on: July 09, 2012, 01:41:37 PM »
>Nod and smile warmly. "Of course. You girls do need someone to guide and teach you after all."

Shiku nods, pushing on with the encouragement. "Well, I did as you said and thought it over. And, well, I think it'll be better for Neneru and Kaki if I... if we agreed to that. So... damn it, this is hard! I've never had trouble saying anything before!" You can see her start to get frustrated. From past experience, you'd guess this sort of reaction happens a lot.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #915 on: July 09, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »
>Smile, then head over and hug her. "It's alright. I can understand."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #916 on: July 09, 2012, 03:49:08 PM »
>Smile, then head over and hug her. "It's alright. I can understand."

She doesn't quite return the hug, but she still gives a small smile. Then the usual sarcasm. "Course you can, you're a teacher. You're supposed to be smart like that."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #917 on: July 09, 2012, 04:02:46 PM »
>Let's disengage from the hug now. "So, how were things while I was away?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #918 on: July 09, 2012, 04:27:57 PM »
>Let's disengage from the hug now. "So, how were things while I was away?"

Shiku leans against the gate once more, sighing. "Rather boring. The tiger youkai... Shou, I think," you see Ichirin nod, but Shiku doesn't notice, "tried to teach us about Bishamonten, but Kaki got bored so I had to take her out and play with her in the courtyard for a bit. Kyouko helped out with that. All in all, a rather uneventful day."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #919 on: July 09, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »
>Smile. "At least you aren't having to worry about where the next meal comes from, or anything of that sort."
>"Besides, this is the proof of peace. Now that the incident has been resolved, peace reigns once more."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #920 on: July 09, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »
>Smile. "At least you aren't having to worry about where the next meal comes from, or anything of that sort."
>"Besides, this is the proof of peace. Now that the incident has been resolved, peace reigns once more."

Shiku crosses her arms. "Peace is boring. You should start another incident or something. But... I'll admit that knowing when I'll be able to eat is nice."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #921 on: July 09, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »
>"Incidents come and go, maybe you'll even get to help out with the next one. Since I'll have you, Neneru, and Kaki helping out, I can afford to send you as representatives in Incident Resolution."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #922 on: July 09, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
>"Incidents come and go, maybe you'll even get to help out with the next one. Since I'll have you, Neneru, and Kaki helping out, I can afford to send you as representatives in Incident Resolution."

A rare smile from that. "Wouldn't that be great? Dunno how much help I'd be though, for a youkai I'm really not that strong. Aside from the ability to survive in the Forest of Magic I don't really have that many useful skills."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #923 on: July 09, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
>"Skills can be learned."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #924 on: July 09, 2012, 06:25:10 PM »
>Nod. "And for what it's worth, you three have potential. After all, you'll be helping me keep the peace by guarding the village with me. So you're bound to get stronger as well."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #925 on: July 09, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »
>"Skills can be learned."

>Nod. "And for what it's worth, you three have potential. After all, you'll be helping me keep the peace by guarding the village with me. So you're bound to get stronger as well."

She gives a small grin. "If you say so. How do we do this Shikigami thing anyway? Or did we already do it with the agreement or something?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #926 on: July 09, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
>Nod. "We'll handle that tomorrow, when we've all rested up from the battle earlier. I know someone who can help us with that."
>"You remember the magician in purple? She's the one."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #927 on: July 09, 2012, 07:08:23 PM »
>Nod. "We'll handle that tomorrow, when we've all rested up from the battle earlier. I know someone who can help us with that."
>"You remember the magician in purple? She's the one."

Leaning against the gate, Shiku smirks. "Her? She didn't seem that strong to me. Looked like she'd collapse under the weight of her own spellbook." Okay, you know she's exaggerating there. "But I guess if you say so, she'd be the one to go to."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #928 on: July 09, 2012, 07:09:43 PM »
>Nod. "She's easily one of the most learned individuals in Gensokyo. She knows almost anything about magic that you can think of, and if she doesn't know something, odds are she has a book that does."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #929 on: July 09, 2012, 07:23:24 PM »
>Nod. "She's easily one of the most learned individuals in Gensokyo. She knows almost anything about magic that you can think of, and if she doesn't know something, odds are she has a book that does."

Shiku chuckles. "Oh really now? Well, won't that be fun. How are you planning on doing this anyway? We just bop on over to the purple one's house tomorrow and she does some spell and boom, shikigami bond?"