Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184893 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #840 on: July 07, 2012, 03:56:20 PM »
>Nod. "For starters, Reisen and Tewi, or perhaps someone that looked like Reisen, had captured the four magicians and dragged them off to Mayohiga for some strange ritual requiring them to act as conduits to funnel magical energy into some strange disk."

Eirin considers for a moment. Thankfully, Reisen's not in the room. "Okay, that sort of event COULD be consistent with what I remember. You have a timeframe? Because Tewi disappeared about two months ago. Reisen told me she was on 'important rabbit business', but it doesn't take a genius to see now that she could have been lying."

>Pause.
>"Come to think of it, I just recalled something strange. When Kaguya had Reisen hypnotize Mokou that one time, her eyes were glowing. Tewi's eyes were as well..."
>Were Tewi's eyes glowing like Mokou's had that one time?

Yes, yes they were. Eirin considers this information, but hasn't yet reached a conclusion. She still needs the timeframe information.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #841 on: July 07, 2012, 04:04:11 PM »
>Nod. "That would fit with the timeframe. Because the magicians went missing for roughly a month and a half."
>"Now, I'm sure that you can understand what that sort of information would imply."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #842 on: July 07, 2012, 04:15:44 PM »
>Nod. "That would fit with the timeframe. Because the magicians went missing for roughly a month and a half."
>"Now, I'm sure that you can understand what that sort of information would imply."

Eirin nods. Then she steps outside for a moment, before coming back in, dragging Reisen by the ears. ...which would seriously hurt. "Master, why are you doing this?" she screams out, before getting a gut-punch from Eirin to silence her. And it does. Eirin pushes her up against a wall.

"Reisen... do be a good rabbit and tell me why you imprisoned Gensokyo's magicians for a month and a half, and hypnotized Tewi to boot? Or would you rather be the first test subject for my newest poisons?" Reisen struggles for a moment before giving up, whispering "...they told me to... and I couldn't say no..." Eirin nods, putting away the scalpel that you didn't even realize she took out. "Good. Now, who is 'they'? And where are Yorihime and Toyohime now?" Her words cause Reisen to flinch, and she breaks into a sob. "They... they don't want me to tell you! They didn't want me to..." This time, you see the scalpel come out, as Eirin whispers "Well, I do. And I'd say I'm a little more important than them right now." A wince as she pokes Reisen in the gut with the scalpel, and Reisen freezes up. "...somewhere else in the bamboo forest... the rabbits can show you there..." she's paralyzed with fear now. Eirin lets her go, and she sinks to the ground, crying. Eirin turns to you.

"Sorry you had to see that. I know for a fact that Reisen will order the rabbits to show you the way. And I'll see you in the city tomorrow, Keine, I assume. Unfortunately, I still have much work to do, so I cannot aid you here.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #843 on: July 07, 2012, 04:29:35 PM »
>Nod. "Understandable. She isn't under their domain anymore to begin with, as she signed that away when she joined up with you. And given what tonight is, things shouldn't be as difficult as the last time they showed up. Particularly since Byakuren is along with us."
>"Oh, by the way, Tewi's sitting in containment over at the Myouren Temple. She's already gotten her punishment for being involved though. I think a month or two of nightmares and being luckless should be good enough. She even stole their spellcards in an effort to drive off those who would interfere."
>Grin a bit. "But she didn't quite bargain on me betting on the long shot so to speak."
>"But it seems we'll need to gather more allies if we're to teach them from causing trouble."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #844 on: July 07, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »
>Nod. "Understandable. She isn't under their domain anymore to begin with, as she signed that away when she joined up with you. And given what tonight is, things shouldn't be as difficult as the last time they showed up. Particularly since Byakuren is along with us."

Eirin nods. "I don't doubt that you chose this time in particular. You've built up quite a force here, I just hope it will be enough. I'd ask Kaguya, but... Mokou, I'm sure you understand. Do try and be reasonably careful, all right?"

>"Oh, by the way, Tewi's sitting in containment over at the Myouren Temple. She's already gotten her punishment for being involved though. I think a month or two of nightmares and being luckless should be good enough. She even stole their spellcards in an effort to drive off those who would interfere."
>Grin a bit. "But she didn't quite bargain on me betting on the long shot so to speak."

"Betting on the long shot is always trouble with Tewi. Well, was. I may go and pick her up, though, look for signs of hypnotism." She gives a long glare at Reisen, who has managed to wipe the tears from her face and is informing a rabbit on something. "Whatever caused a resurgence in loyalty from her must have been powerful."

>"But it seems we'll need to gather more allies if we're to teach them from causing trouble."

Eirin considers for a moment. "You may be right. If you're lucky, you may encounter Yukari's help. I'm sure you know how willing she'd be to help out against them."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #845 on: July 07, 2012, 10:16:43 PM »
>Nod. "I'll have to send everyone out to gather more allies. I have little doubt that Reimu can get in touch with Yukari."
>"Well, We'll head back to the others, and inform them."
>Let's head back to the group!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #846 on: July 07, 2012, 11:50:42 PM »
>Nod. "I'll have to send everyone out to gather more allies. I have little doubt that Reimu can get in touch with Yukari."
>"Well, We'll head back to the others, and inform them."
>Let's head back to the group!

You head back out, leaving Reisen and Eirin to their own devices. You have little doubt that it won't be Reisen delivering the medicines tomorrow. You can also feel yourself beginning to transform. You feel stronger, lighter, and faster. Your horns come out of your head, and your hair and clothing changes from blue to green. You practically glow with power. You are Keine Kamishirasawa, hakutaku.

Fortunately, all of this happened while you were still leaving, so your allies didn't actually see the transformation. Marisa grins, she's seen this before. Patchouli is busily filling a notepad, staring at you the whole time. Although your hakutaku form
is well-known, you realize many here haven't seen it before. Marisa steps up, hakkero in hand.

"So when are we gonna get to blastin', Keine? I've been waiting a long time, ze!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #847 on: July 07, 2012, 11:55:23 PM »
>"Not them, that's for certain. Eirin actually had no idea. As it turns out, the true culprit is a certain pair who we already know."
>Look to Reimu. "A pair Yukari will most assuredly be willing to take down a peg or two. I trust you can get in touch with her easily enough?"
>"Because the pair I speak of is the Watatsuki sisters. Though I feel that since tonight is a full moon, and Byakuren has joined the fray, it will not go as last time did."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #848 on: July 08, 2012, 02:48:59 AM »
>"Not them, that's for certain. Eirin actually had no idea. As it turns out, the true culprit is a certain pair who we already know."
>Look to Reimu. "A pair Yukari will most assuredly be willing to take down a peg or two. I trust you can get in touch with her easily enough?"
>"Because the pair I speak of is the Watatsuki sisters. Though I feel that since tonight is a full moon, and Byakuren has joined the fray, it will not go as last time did."

Pretty much all of your allies are struck dumb by this. Mokou's the first to recover.

"So then... I take it killing Kaguya is not on the agenda tonight?" After this, Reimu chimes in with "Well, it's not like I have a direct line of communication to her, but if we need her, she'll come..." A new voice chimes in behind you. "Or send someone in her place." It's pretty easy to recognize the voice of Ran Yakumo, who steps through a gap alongside her own shikigami, Chen. Ran sighs as soon as she steps through. "Unfortunately, Yukari-sama has pressing matters with Yuyuko-sama. She will not be able to attend herself."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #849 on: July 08, 2012, 02:52:34 AM »
>Nod. "This will have to suffice. Though we'll require more power still. We won't have to worry about collateral damage since I can reverse it in this state."
>"We should find Utsuho, as well as Kazami, those two will be welcome additions to our forces."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #850 on: July 08, 2012, 02:56:06 AM »
>Nod. "This will have to suffice. Though we'll require more power still. We won't have to worry about collateral damage since I can reverse it in this state."
>"We should find Utsuho, as well as Kazami, those two will be welcome additions to our forces."

Kanako is the first to break the silence. "Keine... I know you're all for overwhelming odds, but the clock's ticking. You have less than, what, 12 hours until you become a normal human again? Are you sure we have time to retrieve Utsuho, convince Satori that we need her, and convince Yuuka to leave her garden, and still be able to fight for a potentially prolonged period of time? Time doesn't stand still for us, you know."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #851 on: July 08, 2012, 02:59:15 AM »
>"....I suppose you have a point. We'll have to make do with picking up only one. We'll have to send someone to fetch Kazami then, I was meaning to speak with her."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #852 on: July 08, 2012, 03:13:09 AM »
>"....I suppose you have a point. We'll have to make do with picking up only one. We'll have to send someone to fetch Kazami then, I was meaning to speak with her."

Marisa jumps forward. "I'll go! Yuuka has a great opinion of me, ze!" Alice just grabs her and pulls her back. "Yuuka swore the last time you met that she'd kill you, Marisa. The only reason you lived is because another youkai got into her flowers and distracted her. You'd probably be the single worst person for the job. I'll do it." Reimu shakes her head at this, interjecting with "You're too weak, Alice, no way she'd go along with you. I'm the obvious choice." Kanako cuts in with "Didn't you beat her into a pulp the last time you met? I don't think that's a good basis for persuasion with someone like Yuuka. Why don't I go?" It's clear there's not going to be an agreement anytime soon, although Kanako surely seems more likely than anyone else who's offered so far.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #853 on: July 08, 2012, 03:27:17 AM »
>Nod. "Alright. Good luck, and make haste. Odds are likely that the battle will have already begun by the time you return with her."
>Let's get ready to go dish some justice! Find that rabbit or whatever that's going to lead us to where they've hidden themselves!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #854 on: July 08, 2012, 03:46:04 AM »
>Nod. "Alright. Good luck, and make haste. Odds are likely that the battle will have already begun by the time you return with her."

Kanako smiles. "I'll do what I can." She flies off.

>Let's get ready to go dish some justice! Find that rabbit or whatever that's going to lead us to where they've hidden themselves!

You follow some of the rabbits deeper into the forest than you even knew, to the point where you have to graze just to avoid the bamboo. After a short while, you see a small old-style house with a compact rocket behind it. It's pretty obvious that this is where the Watatsukis are, considering the rocket. The house is eerily silent, and every door and window is blocked.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #855 on: July 08, 2012, 03:48:11 AM »
>Whisper. "And now we prepare fully. Byakuren, We'll need you to bolster everyone to the very limit."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #856 on: July 08, 2012, 04:29:19 AM »
>Whisper. "And now we prepare fully. Byakuren, We'll need you to bolster everyone to the very limit."

Byakuren nods and sits down. You get the feeling she'll be there a while. She opens her sorcerer's scroll and begins to chant, and... you feel as much stronger and faster now as you did when your transformation happened. In fact, you feel like you could take on a god without much problem. The others, with the exception of the magicians, are staring at themselves in awe as well. Byakuren smiles. "With how much magic I'm using, I won't be able to move for a while... consider this my support for you, Keine..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #857 on: July 08, 2012, 04:30:58 AM »
>Nod. "Thank you. Really."
>Now, let's check the history of this area for anything suspicious, such as barriers, or traps. "Alright, I'll root out anything like barriers or traps. I'll let you all know when I'm done."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #858 on: July 08, 2012, 04:37:07 AM »
>Nod. "Thank you. Really."
>Now, let's check the history of this area for anything suspicious, such as barriers, or traps. "Alright, I'll root out anything like barriers or traps. I'll let you all know when I'm done."

Your historical search reveals nothing. It's possible that they aren't expecting you. Or there could be an ambush. Either way, you don't find any present barriers or traps.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #859 on: July 08, 2012, 04:41:40 AM »
>"Alright, there's nothing suspicious. Marisa, hit it with a Master Spark. I can just restore the area to normal in the aftermath."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #860 on: July 08, 2012, 05:03:47 AM »
>"Alright, there's nothing suspicious. Marisa, hit it with a Master Spark. I can just restore the area to normal in the aftermath."

Marisa grins. You probably just made her day. "One Master Spark, coming right up!" She raises her hakkero, you spend a few tense seconds watching it charge, and the front of the building gets obliterated as Marisa opens fire.

Then you see the Master Spark get neatly cut in half.

From the resulting destruction caused by all that energy losing its direction, you see a slowly walking purple-haired figure with a sword come from the smoke. A couple of seconds later, she's joined by a small squad of armed lunar rabbits. The purple-haired figure chuckles.

"That again? And you didn't even use the powerful version this time? For shame."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #861 on: July 08, 2012, 05:11:31 AM »
>Grin. "Mokou, everyone, let's get ready to have a little fun. We can just find out what they're planning afterwards."
>Let's eat the history of the weapons those rabbits are holding first. Then, let's dash in at full speed and get to caving those rabbits.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #862 on: July 08, 2012, 05:30:23 AM »
>Grin. "Mokou, everyone, let's get ready to have a little fun. We can just find out what they're planning afterwards."
>Let's eat the history of the weapons those rabbits are holding first. Then, let's dash in at full speed and get to caving those rabbits.

Mokou grins as well as your entire group leaps into motion. With their history eaten, the rabbits can't particularly notice the weapons, which clatter uselessly to the ground. After all, to the rabbits, they never existed. This causes a couple of seconds of shock, which is all you need.

To the left, you see Reimu rush one of the rabbits while Kanako launches an onbashira at Reimu's unprotected back. At the last second, Reimu jumps and the onbashira hits a stunned moon rabbit direct in the chest, but Reimu's not done, flipping in midair, grabbing the onbashira, and swinging it like a giant club to hit another rabbit behind her before landing on the ground, throwing seals and amulets everywhere she can see. You're rather surprised that the two of them didn't bother with spellcards, but it seems to be working.

Farther to the left, Marisa and Alice are alternating with their blasts, and the rabbits can't quite get the pattern, which you have a hard time following yourself. It overwhelms them quite quickly, and any remaining resistance is cut short by the loud blast of a Master Spark. You hope Marisa doesn't run out of those anytime soon.

To your right, Mima's almost playing with her opponents, turning immaterial whenever and wherever they try to hit her. After a few moments, she gets bored, and creates a whirling black-red ball that she throws at the moon rabbit, who dodges easily only to see it split into 20, flying in literally all directions. She has no hope, and starts screaming and spasming when it hits her. The other balls fly and hit at least three other moon rabbits, all of whom have the same reaction.

Next to you, Patchouli seems to be affecting Mokou's flame somehow, because you know Mokou's fire never glowed that dark before. She seems to be enjoying torching the rabbits, perhaps glad to fight more lunar enemies. In true Mokou fashion, she's simply ignoring every hit they manage to land on her, and looks almost a whirling dervish of fists with nearly-black flame. She soon makes it to Watatsuki no Yorihime, who attempts a stab which connects. Far from flinching in pain or shutting down, however, Mokou simply pulls the sword farther in and grabs Yorihime, who has to jump back to escape, giving Mokou some clearance.

But you're more focused on another figure who's appeared, a light blonde girl with a small old-style fan. She gives you a smile and a wink before waving the fan at you, and summoning massive slicing winds... at least you think they're winds, that fly straight towards you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #863 on: July 08, 2012, 05:34:32 AM »
>Let's barrel on through, but slip aside at the last second! Since Byakuren's bolstered us to the limit, we're far superior to our usual self, even on a full moon.
>Once we slip past, slip her a little grin. "It'll take more than that this time you know, I'm much more powerful than the last time you two showed up."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #864 on: July 08, 2012, 05:39:50 AM »
>Let's barrel on through, but slip aside at the last second! Since Byakuren's bolstered us to the limit, we're far superior to our usual self, even on a full moon.
>Once we slip past, slip her a little grin. "It'll take more than that this time you know, I'm much more powerful than the last time you two showed up."

You rush forward, and nearly trip at the speed you're moving. It's that unexpected. You fortunately manage to recover, although moving as fast as Aya on a good day caught you off balance, which makes slipping aside a bit more difficult than normal. You graze the wind, though, and give her a grin and a one-liner. She chuckles, holding the fan to her mouth. "That's too bad, I was hoping this would be easy. It would have been nice if you'd left us alone for just another hour." She taps the fan against her mouth and winks again, before waving at you with a sudden massive torrent of water headed straight toward you. You're pretty sure you can't just slip aside from this one, and it's shocking a lot of the others as well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #865 on: July 08, 2012, 05:44:58 AM »
>Alright then, let's see what we can do...Ah, this should work.
>Let's fire off a cone of lasers, and set them to spinning like a drill! We'll follow right behind the laser-drill-cone!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #866 on: July 08, 2012, 05:47:46 AM »
>Alright then, let's see what we can do...Ah, this should work.
>Let's fire off a cone of lasers, and set them to spinning like a drill! We'll follow right behind the laser-drill-cone!

Wow... that sounds pretty damn cool.

Firing off a cone of lasers, you use your enhanced danmaku abilities from transformation to set them spinning. It manages to create a "shield" that you can push through the water, and before long you break through the water to find Watatsuki no Toyohime with her fan about a half inch from your sternum. She has only a single word and a smile: "Hi!"

You have less than a second to react.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #867 on: July 08, 2012, 05:56:43 AM »
>Grab her wrist, flip around behind her by using her as a pivot, then headbutt!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #868 on: July 08, 2012, 06:01:22 AM »
>Grab her wrist, flip around behind her by using her as a pivot, then headbutt!

Reacting quickly, you use Toyohime as a pivot to flip over her so you can get behind her, then spin her around and give her a good solid horned headbutt. This actually works, as with all of your enhancements you're practically unmatched in the physical arena now, and while she frantically waves her fan and even manages to torch the roof, Toyohime doesn't manage to hit you. Frankly, with all your enhancements, you're surprised she's moving.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #869 on: July 08, 2012, 06:09:03 AM »
>Crack our knuckles a few times. "Oh? So I suppose being a Lunarian isn't just for show. I'm surprised you're still standing after a hit like that."
>Smirk just a bit. "Then again, I was only using a little of my power for that. Now the real fight can begin!"
>Let's focus a good and strong orb of danmaku in between our horns, then dash at her at full speed, attempt to grab her, then deliver a few high-speed danmaku-charged headbutts!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!