Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184778 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #810 on: July 07, 2012, 01:02:42 AM »
>Nod. "Just as long as you don't start a fight. I left the village in Sanae's care the day before yesterday, since I didn't know what sort of condition you were in."
>Let's head to the village with Reimu to go get Kanako.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #811 on: July 07, 2012, 01:17:10 AM »
>Nod. "Just as long as you don't start a fight. I left the village in Sanae's care the day before yesterday, since I didn't know what sort of condition you were in."
>Let's head to the village with Reimu to go get Kanako.

The two of you leave, and fly the short distance from the Myouren Temple to the village. Kanako's still on her onbashira, staring at the two of you. Before Reimu can even open her mouth, Kanako waves a finger.

"I know you don't like me, Reimu, but that's not important right now. Keine, what are the plans?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #812 on: July 07, 2012, 01:22:55 AM »
>"We came to bring you to the Myouren temple so we could sort everything out there. Byakuren suggested two-person teams. But given how they might try to capture the magicians again, it might not work quite as well."
>"At any rate, we should be returning to the temple so we can discuss the plans in detail."
>Let's head back to the temple with Reimu and Kanako in tow!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #813 on: July 07, 2012, 01:30:17 AM »
>"We came to bring you to the Myouren temple so we could sort everything out there. Byakuren suggested two-person teams. But given how they might try to capture the magicians again, it might not work quite as well."

Kanako nods. "That really depends on how powerful the teams are. I'm just going to guess they're already making teams."

>"At any rate, we should be returning to the temple so we can discuss the plans in detail."
>Let's head back to the temple with Reimu and Kanako in tow!

"Yes, that would be best."

As you return to the temple, you notice Reimu and Kanako hanging back a bit. They seem to be arguing, but you'd guess Kanako hung back for you not to hear, so you don't go in and check. It doesn't take long to return to the temple.

Once you get there, you find the dining room has become almost a war room, with all non-important people gone. Inside the room are Byakuren, Marisa, Alice, and Patchouli, Mokou and Mima, Kanako, Reimu, and yourself. Byakuren nods at your entrance and begins to speak.

"We already have a couple of tentative teams. Marisa and Alice insist on going together, for 'old times sake' as they say. Patchouli wishes to team up with Mokou, if that would be all right with you. She said something about Megiddo, and that you would know what she's talking about. As for the other teams... well, we haven't made any others. If you have any ideas, that would be wonderful."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #814 on: July 07, 2012, 01:46:02 AM »
>Nod. "Yes, but there's just one problem. There are nine of us. which means that someone will end up partnerless. Unless the last group is a three-man-cell."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #815 on: July 07, 2012, 02:00:00 AM »
>Nod. "Yes, but there's just one problem. There are nine of us. which means that someone will end up partnerless. Unless the last group is a three-man-cell."

Mima steps forward, and you notice she's almost completely solid now. "I've regained enough energy at this point that I could probably go alone, unless you think the three-man cell is required. The question is, who else gets to be paired up ~" Kanako nods, speaking for the first time since she entered the room. "I'll go with Reimu. The two of us discussed this possibility on the way here, and we came to a mutual agreement that it would be the best choice."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #816 on: July 07, 2012, 02:05:11 AM »
>Nod. "Then I guess I'll be teamed with you Byakuren."
>Grin a bit. "Try not to slow me down, okay? I'm on an entirely different level at the full moon."
>"However, we should all go as an entire group at first, and split into teams should a battle break out."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #817 on: July 07, 2012, 02:20:41 AM »
>Nod. "Then I guess I'll be teamed with you Byakuren."
>Grin a bit. "Try not to slow me down, okay? I'm on an entirely different level at the full moon."

Byakuren chuckles. "With my help, you'll be on yet another level, Keine. You do know my magical specialty, don't you?"

>"However, we should all go as an entire group at first, and split into teams should a battle break out."

A collective nod at this, accompanied by a frown from Marisa. "You know a battle'll probably break out anyway," she says, "so I still think we should rush right in and surprise 'em!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #818 on: July 07, 2012, 02:23:19 AM »
>Chuckle. "Then I suppose we should be fine."
>Then look to Marisa. "I at least want to find out their reasoning before resorting to that."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #819 on: July 07, 2012, 02:30:41 AM »
>Chuckle. "Then I suppose we should be fine."
>Then look to Marisa. "I at least want to find out their reasoning before resorting to that."

Marisa sighs. "But you lose all element of surprise if you wait to find out their reasoning... my way'd be better and more fun!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #820 on: July 07, 2012, 02:35:49 AM »
>Facepalm. "I see you inherited Mima's fondness for the direct and violent approach."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #821 on: July 07, 2012, 02:39:47 AM »
>Facepalm. "I see you inherited Mima's fondness for the direct and violent approach."

Marisa laughs. "Name one time it hasn't worked!"

You can think of several, including:
The time Marisa attacked the Hakurei Shrine because she thought Reimu had stolen her hakkero (she had lost it in her mess of a house)
The time she attacked YOU when Eirin was on vacation (to this day, you can't figure out why)
The time she thought the best way to get into the Myouren Temple was by blasting in (it's open to visitors)
And, of course, many others.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #822 on: July 07, 2012, 02:43:16 AM »
>Name those.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #823 on: July 07, 2012, 02:43:33 AM »
>Sigh. "I can list several. That time you attacked Reimu's place looking for your Hakkero."
>"That time you attacked me while Eirin was on vacation. I never did figure out why by the way."
>"That time you thought the best way to enter the temple here was by blasting your way in."
>"Need I continue?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #824 on: July 07, 2012, 02:46:08 AM »
>Name those.

>Sigh. "I can list several. That time you attacked Reimu's place looking for your Hakkero."
>"That time you attacked me while Eirin was on vacation. I never did figure out why by the way."
>"That time you thought the best way to enter the temple here was by blasting your way in."
>"Need I continue?"

Marisa looks suitably abashed. "Well... I mean... um... I don't really have a counter to that, ze."

Byakuren stands up, looking out the window. "It's about mid-afternoon now... are we still planning to wait until night? It might give our teams a bit of time to plan strategies. Or in Mima's case, a bit more time to regain power." Marisa waves her off with "Oh, me and Alice'll be fine. We'll give 'em a taste of the old Malice Cannon!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #825 on: July 07, 2012, 02:51:53 AM »
>Nod. "We should arrive at the bamboo forest roughly at nightfall if we leave now, yes? That will maximize the potential power we will have if a battle does erupt."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #826 on: July 07, 2012, 03:00:54 AM »
>Nod. "We should arrive at the bamboo forest roughly at nightfall if we leave now, yes? That will maximize the potential power we will have if a battle does erupt."

Byakuren considers for a moment before shaking her head. "A little before, I think. That will give us time to pack up and prepare, I suppose. Does anyone need anything from the temple before they go?" She looks around, but Alice already has her dolls ready, Marisa has her hakkero, and Patchouli's holding one of the temple's books. Mima's still fondling her disk, and you figure Kanako can summon onbashira out of nowhere anyway.

Are you ready?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #827 on: July 07, 2012, 03:03:50 AM »
>Our outfit changes color when we change, so we should be fine yeah?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #828 on: July 07, 2012, 03:14:35 AM »
>Our outfit changes color when we change, so we should be fine yeah?

Indeed it does. This is a special property of the fabric that Eirin helped you with. She really is a genius.

While the other teams move outside to begin final preparations, Byakuren walks over to you, her Sorcerer's Scroll in her hand. "Are you ready, Keine? I know you're rather friendly with the Lunarians, are you sure you can fight them this easily?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #829 on: July 07, 2012, 03:18:04 AM »
>Nod. "I am friends with them, but sometimes friends do stupid things. And it's the other friend's job show them their error. I'll do that by force if it's the only way to get them to understand."
>Let's set our hat on the table. "I'll pick this up later. My horns have a tendency to make wearing this hat of mine a difficult thing anyways."
>Let's head outside with the others.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #830 on: July 07, 2012, 03:25:59 AM »
>Nod. "I am friends with them, but sometimes friends do stupid things. And it's the other friend's job show them their error. I'll do that by force if it's the only way to get them to understand."

Byakuren nods. "Very well. I just wanted to make sure."

>Let's set our hat on the table. "I'll pick this up later. My horns have a tendency to make wearing this hat of mine a difficult thing anyways."
>Let's head outside with the others.

She chuckles as you head outside. "That may be a good idea."

You are now in the temple courtyard. Marisa and Alice are leaning against a pillar, casually discussing... well, you don't know at this distance, but you can tell it's casual. Reimu and Kanako are going over tactics, and Mima's staring at that disk again. Patchouli's reading her book with Mokou staring expectantly at you. It's pretty obvious everyone expects you to command.

« Reply #831 on: July 07, 2012, 03:42:07 AM »
>Do we know about Reisen's hypnotic ability?
>If so, have we ever been affected by them, or do we know how susceptible we would be to them?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #832 on: July 07, 2012, 03:44:02 AM »
>Do we know about Reisen's hypnotic ability?

Yes. Yes you do.

>If so, have we ever been affected by them, or do we know how susceptible we would be to them?

You haven't been affected by it personally, but you did see Mokou get hypnotized one time when Kaguya was being particularly playful. She hopped around the forest like a rabbit for a day with her eyes glowing. Fortunately, she doesn't remember it, and you're not going to tell her.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #833 on: July 07, 2012, 09:55:12 AM »
>"..Byakuren, we'll need you to bolster us all against mental effects."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #834 on: July 07, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »
>"..Byakuren, we'll need you to bolster us all against mental effects."

Byakuren nods. "Of course, you don't want to be unprepared." She unravels a bit of her Sorcerer's Scroll and it recites a few spells. You feel a little stronger and a lot more... mentally resilient, and you doubt Reisen could do much to you know. Byakuren gives you a serene smile and mentions, "I think we're ready now, so shall we be off...?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #835 on: July 07, 2012, 01:07:25 PM »
>Nod. "Yes."
>Step forward to the group. "Alright now. Let's take off!"
>Let's roll!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #836 on: July 07, 2012, 01:56:15 PM »
>Nod. "Yes."
>Step forward to the group. "Alright now. Let's take off!"
>Let's roll!

The nine fly to Eientei!

It takes you a while to get there, and you can already feel yourself about to transform when you reach the mansion, the setting sun making it glow a mixture of red and orange. It actually looks very nice. Eirin and Reisen can be seen in front, busily loading a cart full of medicines. Eirin gives one look at the group of you and sighs. She points out three of you.

"Byakuren, Keine, Kanako. Let's you three go inside with me so you can explain why you've brought an army to Eientei."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #837 on: July 07, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
>"Alright, everyone wait here. Mokou, Reimu, keep an eye on the others."
>We may as well go, but stay on guard.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #838 on: July 07, 2012, 03:48:53 PM »
>"Alright, everyone wait here. Mokou, Reimu, keep an eye on the others."
>We may as well go, but stay on guard.

Mokou and Reimu nod, and Alice grabs Marisa's shoulder as she's about to dart forward. The last thing you see before you enter the building is the two of them arguing with each other.

Once inside, Eirin closes the door and turns to the three of you. "Okay... let's see what I can guess. The fact that Alice has all of her dolls at the ready means you're looking for a battle. The fact that the four magicians are all here means it involves them, and the fact that you," indicating Kanako, "and Reimu are actually working together means it's deadly serious. Hm... and the fact that you're here, of all places, means that either Mokou has more influence on you than I thought or that this involves Tewi somehow." She puts her hands on her hips as she says "Given all of that, why don't you fill me in on the details?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #839 on: July 07, 2012, 03:52:41 PM »
>Nod. "For starters, Reisen and Tewi, or perhaps someone that looked like Reisen, had captured the four magicians and dragged them off to Mayohiga for some strange ritual requiring them to act as conduits to funnel magical energy into some strange disk."
>"When we went to free them, Tewi was obstructing us."
>Pause.
>"Come to think of it, I just recalled something strange. When Kaguya had Reisen hypnotize Mokou that one time, her eyes were glowing. Tewi's eyes were as well..."
>Were Tewi's eyes glowing like Mokou's had that one time?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:55:40 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!