Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184727 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #750 on: July 06, 2012, 02:41:33 AM »
>Nod, and keep our voice quiet.
>"I had an idea that would allow you and the other two into the village, which would allow me to guide and teach you and the others."
>"You see, the villagers aren't particularly fond of Youkai. But, if you, Neneru, and Kaki would consent to becoming my Shikigami, the villagers wouldn't be able to complain. And on the upside, you wouldn't need to worry about stealing things to have a means of surviving."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #751 on: July 06, 2012, 02:50:32 AM »
>Nod, and keep our voice quiet.
>"I had an idea that would allow you and the other two into the village, which would allow me to guide and teach you and the others."
>"You see, the villagers aren't particularly fond of Youkai. But, if you, Neneru, and Kaki would consent to becoming my Shikigami, the villagers wouldn't be able to complain. And on the upside, you wouldn't need to worry about stealing things to have a means of surviving."

Shiku shakes her head. "You're goin' too fast, d'y'know? First, explain to me what this whole 'shikigami' concept is. Is it a servant or something? Because I'm not being a servant, no way."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #752 on: July 06, 2012, 02:56:02 AM »
>"I'm not asking immediately, you can take your time to think about it. And although Shikigami are essentially like servants, you would still be yourself. There would just be a few rules to abide by. Simple ones really, just help protect the village, and not cause harm to any of the humans."
>"Patchouli said you would be the least likely to accept to begin with, but since you're the oldest of the three, I wanted to offer the idea to you first."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #753 on: July 06, 2012, 03:10:35 AM »
>"I'm not asking immediately, you can take your time to think about it. And although Shikigami are essentially like servants, you would still be yourself. There would just be a few rules to abide by. Simple ones really, just help protect the village, and not cause harm to any of the humans."
>"Patchouli said you would be the least likely to accept to begin with, but since you're the oldest of the three, I wanted to offer the idea to you first."

She smirks. "Right now, the answer's no. But since you've actually helped us out a bit, and Neneru likes you... a lot, actually, I'll think about it. Not like we have anywhere to go right now anyway... I'm not really enthusiastic about returning to the forest after having been seen in Mayohiga. I'm sure y'understand."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #754 on: July 06, 2012, 03:33:29 AM »
>"I'll be waiting for when you decide to accept, I have the time. You should be able to stay here for now anyways, while I see about expanding my home to allow for more residents."
>Smile a bit. "Besides, while I serve as the village's guardian, my official job is being the village teacher. So it's in my nature to help young ones like them.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #755 on: July 06, 2012, 03:42:00 AM »
>"I'll be waiting for when you decide to accept, I have the time. You should be able to stay here for now anyways, while I see about expanding my home to allow for more residents."

"Yeah, yeah. Not like they'll turn me out anyways. This place is well known, even in the forest of magic, y'know."

>Smile a bit. "Besides, while I serve as the village's guardian, my official job is being the village teacher. So it's in my nature to help young ones like them.

She sighs. "Yeah, I think ya said that before. I'll talk to the little ones about it, see what they think. Neneru will probably say yes, but Kaki... she's an odd one. Shy as all hell, and I can't really tell what she thinks of you. For a long time I couldn't figure out what she thought of me, either, yeah? Speaking of which... I'd probably better go check on 'em. They don't tend to sleep well when I'm not there, for some reason."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #756 on: July 06, 2012, 09:39:12 AM »
>Nod. "We'll let you check on them, and talk things over with them in time. As I said before, there is no major rush."
>Let's go find Shou or something.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #757 on: July 06, 2012, 10:57:47 AM »
>Nod. "We'll let you check on them, and talk things over with them in time. As I said before, there is no major rush."
>Let's go find Shou or something.

(yaaawwn... just woke up...)

You say your farewells to Shiku, and decide that finding Shou would be a good idea. Unfortunately, you are stopped at her bedroom door by a serene Byakuren. "Shou is sleeping," she says, "and it would be rude to wake her, don't you agree?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #758 on: July 06, 2012, 11:06:25 AM »
>Nod. "Understandable, she has been rather worried about you."
>"But at any rate, you'll do just as well for what I have to ask. I need someone to keep an eye on those three until I can get things sorted out."
>"You see, I had an idea that should allow the villagers to accept them. Make them my Shikigami. They would get to reside in the village and learn, and I would gain more hands to protect the village. After all, they're still just children as far as Youkai go, so they require a helping hand in becoming proper women."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #759 on: July 06, 2012, 11:48:16 AM »
>Nod. "Understandable, she has been rather worried about you."

A chuckle from Byakuren. "That is true, but she's also happy that she won't have to keep night watch as
often. Even someone as good as Shou can have an ulterior motive, as I'm sure you know."

>"But at any rate, you'll do just as well for what I have to ask. I need someone to keep an eye on those three until I can get things sorted out."

She nods, giving another smile. "Protecting and taking care of youkai in need is our primary service, after all. Rest assured that it will be handled."

>"You see, I had an idea that should allow the villagers to accept them. Make them my Shikigami. They would get to reside in the village and learn, and I would gain more hands to protect the village. After all, they're still just children as far as Youkai go, so they require a helping hand in becoming proper women."

Byakuren claps her hands together in delight before realizing just where you three are. "Oh, but that's wonderful, Keine!" she whispers, evidently trying to keep quiet. "Surely such an act will show humans that youkai are not the dangerous beasts we imagine them to be. If you can pull such a thing off, and I know you can, you could be doing more to improve human-youkai relations than a hundred Myouren Temples! I would of course be glad to assist you in such an endeavor!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #760 on: July 06, 2012, 11:50:21 AM »
>Nod. "It's less that I dislike Youkai, and more that the village does. I simply go along with them because it's simpler that way, and that it's easier to keep them safe."
>"That, and most of the youkai that do attempt to get in are rather rowdy and violent."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:54:51 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #761 on: July 06, 2012, 01:25:59 PM »
>Nod. "It's less that I dislike Youkai, and more that the village does. I simply go along with them because it's simpler that way, and that it's easier to keep them safe."
>"That, and most of the youkai that do attempt to get in are rather rowdy and violent."

Byakuren waves you off as she begins to lead you away from Shou's room. "It's not to worry, Keine, I understand your motives. Even so, though, what you are doing certainly could provide a bridge towards a common acceptance. I think we can both agree that changing the human attitude on youkai is the first step to creating a better world for both human and youkai, yes?" She turns to look outside, smiling once more. "It looks like Marisa and Alice are back," she says, and indeed you can see the figures of Marisa on her broom and Alice surrounded by a full company of small figures. You can also see a rather packed bag hanging from her shoulder. The two of them wave at you and Byakuren from the distance.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #762 on: July 06, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
>Chuckle a bit, and wave back to them. "I see Alice came loaded for bear. Which is good, we may well need all that power if it comes down to a battle."
>"But to be honest, it's the Youkai who don't care about rules, and just wish to cause harm that are the main issue."
>Let's wait until they get here.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #763 on: July 06, 2012, 03:20:38 PM »
>Chuckle a bit, and wave back to them. "I see Alice came loaded for bear. Which is good, we may well need all that power if it comes down to a battle."
>"But to be honest, it's the Youkai who don't care about rules, and just wish to cause harm that are the main issue."

Byakuren sighs. "Yes, though I wish I could deny it, the youkai who do not wish to join society are a major problem. Shou was just telling me about how after I... left, youkai attacks began to pick up, and she couldn't figure out why. I can only pray that now that I am returned, the attacks die down. I've been attempting to think of ways to expand the Myouren influence over youkai, but... nothing yet, I'm afraid."

>Let's wait until they get here.

You decide to wait until Marisa and Alice come in, and indeed they are flying fast. It really doesn't take more than a few seconds for them to come to a landing just in front of the temple entrance. Marisa waves to you.

"Yo, ze! We're back, and we brought friends!" Alice sighs, muttering "No need to talk myself when there's someone so eager to talk for me, I suppose..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #764 on: July 06, 2012, 03:25:23 PM »
>Sigh amusedly. "Indeed. Though Marisa probably shouldn't be the one to speak for us when we confront Eientei. She does tend to have a reputation for being os the 'shoot first, ask later' sort after all. I'd like to find out their reasons for doing such a thing before we teach them a lesson."
>Turn back to Byakuren. "Ah yes, how is that rabbit we brought back? I assume she's still having rather fitful sleep?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #765 on: July 06, 2012, 03:30:11 PM »
>Sigh amusedly. "Indeed. Though Marisa probably shouldn't be the one to speak for us when we confront Eientei. She does tend to have a reputation for being os the 'shoot first, ask later' sort after all. I'd like to find out their reasons for doing such a thing before we teach them a lesson."

Alice nods, then turns to Marisa. "Marisa... no talking at Eientei, got it?" Marisa just laughs and grins.

>Turn back to Byakuren. "Ah yes, how is that rabbit we brought back? I assume she's still having rather fitful sleep?"

Byakuren nods. "She hasn't awoken yet, which is starting to worry me. Just what exactly was done to her at Mayohiga? I never did catch that."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #766 on: July 06, 2012, 03:43:43 PM »
>"Just a little punishment. She's an avid troublemaker you see, so I had a low-end curse put on her. Nothing too strong, or permanent. She'll just have nightmares for a few months, and her luck will be notably lower."
>Nod. "That, and I haven't seen anyone, youkai or no, that hasn't gotten back up for a while after I headbutted them into unconsciousness. We'll consult Mima later about this. Hopefully she didn't overdo it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #767 on: July 06, 2012, 03:46:05 PM »
>"Just a little punishment. She's an avid troublemaker you see, so I had a low-end curse put on her. Nothing too strong, or permanent. She'll just have nightmares for a few months, and her luck will be notably lower."
>Nod. "That, and I haven't seen anyone, youkai or no, that hasn't gotten back up for a while after I headbutted them into unconsciousness. We'll consult Mima later about this. Hopefully she didn't overdo it."

Byakuren thinks for a moment before pointing a finger at you. "Are you sure you specified that she be awake for at least part of the time? If this Mima is as evil as she seemed, she may have taken your suggestion to mean a few months of nonstop nightmares, with no time awake, which would be, I dare say, far worse than you were hoping for."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #768 on: July 06, 2012, 03:52:26 PM »
>"...In hindsight, I should have been far more clear. We shall have to remedy that at once."
>Let's go find Mima.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #769 on: July 06, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »
>"...In hindsight, I should have been far more clear. We shall have to remedy that at once."
>Let's go find Mima.

Byakuren gives you a slight tug. "Come, I know where she is." She leads you farther inside the temple, to a secluded spot where you find the evil spirit softly stroking that battery stone. She looks rather less see-through now than she did before. She hasn't noticed you yet.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #770 on: July 06, 2012, 04:09:20 PM »
>"Hello again. I was wondering about the specifics of that curse you used on Tewi. I did specify for it to be temporary, yes, but I had forgotten to stipulate for her to be able to wake up as well. It should appeal more to you to see how she responds to having lowered luck I would wager. Especially considering that she prides herself on her luck."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #771 on: July 06, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
>"Hello again. I was wondering about the specifics of that curse you used on Tewi. I did specify for it to be temporary, yes, but I had forgotten to stipulate for her to be able to wake up as well. It should appeal more to you to see how she responds to having lowered luck I would wager. Especially considering that she prides herself on her luck."

Mima slowly opens her eyes and chuckles. "You are clever, human," she replies, an evil smirk on her face. "Anyone else may have attempted an appeal to mercy, but you know how well that would work, don't you?" She strokes the battery stone a little more, and you can see her get a shade more solid. "Very well, it is done. The young rabbit should awaken very soon. Best go see to her, yes?" It's pretty obvious she wants to be left alone with the rock again. "Oh, it may help you to mention that she was not as normal when I cursed her. Her mind has been twisted somehow. It was almost amusing."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #772 on: July 06, 2012, 04:56:13 PM »
>Nod. "That would explain the almost suicidal overconfidence, challenging us despite having not only myself, Mokou, You, and Reimu. Four of the stronger sorts in Gensokyo."
>Smirk just a little. "Besides, I can tell you enjoy seeing people suffer, so making it easier to see the fruits of your efforts would be more appealing, no? But at any rate, we'll go see how she responds to things."
>Let's go find Tewi now, before she panics and bolts.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #773 on: July 06, 2012, 05:21:22 PM »
>Nod. "That would explain the almost suicidal overconfidence, challenging us despite having not only myself, Mokou, You, and Reimu. Four of the stronger sorts in Gensokyo."
>Smirk just a little. "Besides, I can tell you enjoy seeing people suffer, so making it easier to see the fruits of your efforts would be more appealing, no? But at any rate, we'll go see how she responds to things."
>Let's go find Tewi now, before she panics and bolts.

Mima laughs a bit more. "You know me so well already, human. Go have fun with your little rabbit."

It only takes you a few minutes to find the room where Tewi is held, which is, you suppose, at least marginally more secure than the guest rooms. It seems the Myouren Temple doesn't do much in security. There is no lock, but the ghost Murasa blocks the door, smiling and nodding at Byakuren as she approaches.

"You sure she's all right, Hijiri?" she asks, "Been thrashing about the whole time, you know. Only just now stopped."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #774 on: July 06, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »
>"She'll get over it in a few months. She's actually a rather infamous troublemaker, always causing various people trouble with her pranks. Hopefully this time she's learned her lesson."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #775 on: July 06, 2012, 06:15:11 PM »
>"She'll get over it in a few months. She's actually a rather infamous troublemaker, always causing various people trouble with her pranks. Hopefully this time she's learned her lesson."

Murasa nods. "Whatever you say. You here to see the girl?" She says, as she opens the door. "Be careful, looks like a shifty one to me."

Inside, you see Tewi Inaba rubbing her eyes. For the first time,
you notice that they're faintly glowing. You remember that they've never done that every other time you've seen her. She turns her head and gives you a little smirk.

"You're actually trying to hold me in here? You do know all it'd take is a little luck to escape, right?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #776 on: July 06, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »
>Chuckle. "Sorry, but your luck...Has run out."
>"Remember those nightmares? Well, let's just say they're only half of a long-deserved punishment."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #777 on: July 06, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »
>Chuckle. "Sorry, but your luck...Has run out."

She tilts her head, seeming not to comprehend what you're saying. At least she makes no move to escape.

>"Remember those nightmares? Well, let's just say they're only half of a long-deserved punishment."

A vigorous shake of the head is what you're rewarded with as Tewi stands up, and tries to stand as tall as she can. Which isn't that much. "Okay, now you're just confusing me. Nightmares, long deserved punishment... explain yourself!" she demands. Byakuren, meanwhile, has moved to close the door, blocking Tewi's main avenue of escape. You silently give thanks that the temple's windows are so small.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #778 on: July 06, 2012, 06:35:06 PM »
>Smirk. "Go ahead, you should still have that coin, right? Flip it a few times."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #779 on: July 06, 2012, 07:06:51 PM »
>Smirk. "Go ahead, you should still have that coin, right? Flip it a few times."

Tewi gives you an odd look, but fishes out the coin. "Heads, I don't try to escape, tails, I'll stay in this room." That said, she flips the coin and watches expectantly as it falls to the ground...

And lands quite firmly on heads. Tewi is struck dumb - unable to move or speak for several seconds.