Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184822 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #690 on: July 05, 2012, 07:04:21 AM »
>"What happened?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #691 on: July 05, 2012, 07:06:03 AM »
>Dole out the spellcards to their respective owners. "I had found that she was once your teacher. So thus, she was our best lead in locating you."
>Nod to Byakuren. "The people of your temple were quite worried about you."
>Look to Patchy. "And your friend Remilia was quite distraught. She wasn't obvious about it, but a teacher always knows these things."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #692 on: July 05, 2012, 08:10:54 AM »
>"What happened?"

Byakuren smiles. "The two rabbits accosted me on one of my walks. I couldn't do anything about it, unfortunately, it was all too sudden. They took me here, chained me up, and two others I didn't recognize started this spell. Then, well, I've been here, reciting my sutras. For a month and a half." Despite all this, she seems terribly calm. Not to mention you think she'd recognize Eirin or Kaguya.

>Dole out the spellcards to their respective owners. "I had found that she was once your teacher. So thus, she was our best lead in locating you."

Marisa sighed. "Yeah, but... there's some history here..."

>Nod to Byakuren. "The people of your temple were quite worried about you."

"Oh my..." she gasps. "I'd better go back to them, they must be terrified!"

>Look to Patchy. "And your friend Remilia was quite distraught. She wasn't obvious about it, but a teacher always knows these things."

Patchouli nodded. "That happens... Remilia's good at hiding her feelings, but she really does care about the other people in the mansion, me especially."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #693 on: July 05, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »
>Nod. "We should all stay there for the time, I suspect they'll try again by the end of the day, that disc seemed rather important. Important enough for them to go to such great lengths as to capture Gensokyo's top four magicians. We should bide our time until Tomorrow Night, I shall be able to ensure things easier that way."
>Rub out the spell circle entirely, gotta be thorough when dealing with such things.
>Then look to Reimu. "When we exit the temple, I want you to put an unbreakable seal on this building, so they don't try this again. I suspect that the location is key to their plan."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #694 on: July 05, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
>"I'd love to know more of how they captured you all, and what they were doing with you, but that can wait until we've relocated to a safer location."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #695 on: July 05, 2012, 08:36:10 AM »
>Nod. "We should all stay there for the time, I suspect they'll try again by the end of the day, that disc seemed rather important. Important enough for them to go to such great lengths as to capture Gensokyo's top four magicians. We should bide our time until Tomorrow Night, I shall be able to ensure things easier that way."

While Byakuren nods and Patchouli somewhat less enthusiastically nods, Marisa looks over at Byakuren for am oment. "Um, Keine ze..." Marisa begins, "That might not be such a good idea. I, um, I tried to steal the Jeweled Pagoda, so..." She's quickly waved off by Byakuren, with the short statement "you're forgiven!"

Marisa, dumbfounded by this act, can only mutter "Well, all right then..." and step outside the temple with you and the others. Mima continues to clutch that disk.

>Rub out the spell circle entirely, gotta be thorough when dealing with such things.

You rub out the spell circle entirely, which takes a while, but it's always good to be thorough.

>Then look to Reimu. "When we exit the temple, I want you to put an unbreakable seal on this building, so they don't try this again. I suspect that the location is key to their plan."

Reimu nods, and as you exit the temple, she channels her miko energy into a larger-than-normal seal, setting it on the crack of the door. You know no one will be entering now.

>"I'd love to know more of how they captured you all, and what they were doing with you, but that can wait until we've relocated to a safer location."

Marisa grins. "My story's a bit different from everyone else's! But then, you'd expect that wouldn't ya?"

Your party now contains:
Reimu Hakurei - She's actually being rather helpful now.
Fujiwara no Mokou - Happy about who the culprit seems to be.
Mima - Immaterial, except her hands apparently.
Shiku - A weak youkai who acts like a teenager.
Neneru - A weak youkai who looks like a 12-year-old catgirl.
Kaki - A weak youkai foxgirl, very shy.
Patchouli  Knowledge - Remilia was worried about her. Probably the only person Remilia worries about.
Marisa Kirisame - Plucky magician, apparently worried about Mima's presence.
Alice Margatroid - Dollmaster, hasn't said much. Probably in shock.
Byakuren Hijiri - Your soon-to-be host. With magic, it's said she can gain strength that rivals an oni. Or so it's said.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #696 on: July 05, 2012, 08:43:15 AM »
>Nod. "Your house was quite the wreck, we found these three in the process of attempting to loot it. But I think they know not to, now that the house's owner has been rescued." Gesture towards Shiku and her underlings.
>"If you ask me, all they need is a firm hand to guide them. The oldest, Shiku, has a bit of a rebellious streak, much like yourself."
>"Now then, we should be going. I suspect they may well know that their plan has just had a wrench thrown into it, and will be coming here rather swiftly. We'll pick up that troublesome rabbit on the way out to show them an example of what happens when they cause trouble."
>Let's head for the temple, but stop off where we left Tewi to her nightmares to drag her along with us. If she's still there that is.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #697 on: July 05, 2012, 08:59:12 AM »
>Nod. "Your house was quite the wreck, we found these three in the process of attempting to loot it. But I think they know not to, now that the house's owner has been rescued." Gesture towards Shiku and her underlings.
>"If you ask me, all they need is a firm hand to guide them. The oldest, Shiku, has a bit of a rebellious streak, much like yourself."

Marisa grins, waving at them. "Heya! Don't go in my house again, all right? At least, not with me not there." She seems to have a very relaxed attitude, surprisingly enough.

>"Now then, we should be going. I suspect they may well know that their plan has just had a wrench thrown into it, and will be coming here rather swiftly. We'll pick up that troublesome rabbit on the way out to show them an example of what happens when they cause trouble."

The others nod. (No way I'm keeping track of 11 separate reactions.) Along your way out, you snatch up the unconscious Nazrin, hefting her over your shoulder like baggage. She's still twitching, and is shivering a bit now to boot.

>Let's head for the temple, but stop off where we left Tewi to her nightmares to drag her along with us. If she's still there that is.

The 11 of you fly off towards the temple, fortunately encountering no mishaps.

It's already nighttime when you enter the temple. Shou Toramaru stands there, keeping watch, and looks to be in utter shock when you arrive. It takes her a while to finally stammer out "B-byakuren-sama!" and rush towards the saint, giving her a deep hug.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #698 on: July 05, 2012, 09:14:43 AM »
(I think you meant Tewi there bro.)
>Smile warmly. "Glad to see a happy reunion."
>Let's let them enjoy the moment for a while.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #699 on: July 05, 2012, 09:23:24 AM »
(I think you meant Tewi there bro.)

(Oh Kanako, I did. My excuse is I've been up for a while.)

>Smile warmly. "Glad to see a happy reunion."
>Let's let them enjoy the moment for a while.

After a good 10 seconds, the hug finally finishes, and Shou says, "I'll rush inside and tell the others! They'll be so excited!" As she rushes in, Byakuren turns to the rest of you.

"Ehehe... sorry you had to see that. Welcome to the Myouren Temple. As a haven for youkai, we of course have plenty of rooms free. That is, if you don't mind."

Most of your party begins to scatter, many of them never having gone to the temple before and so wishing to see it. Only Mokou and Byakuren stay with you.

« Reply #700 on: July 05, 2012, 09:28:47 AM »
As a side note, I think that may be the first time in Z-adventure history, in terms of on this site, there's been a party of 11 characters. Plus one cargo, Tewi.
And speaking of party members, what happened to Utsuho and Kogasa? I'd tuned out for a while.

>Smile. "Don't apologize. It's nice to see friends reunited, especially under such circumstances."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #701 on: July 05, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »
>"Also, to be safe, we should all stay in rooms in the same area. I suspect they may try to recapture the others, and possibly everyone else as well, to prevent further interference."
>"I'll return to the village for a moment to gather a few things, and to update my temporary replacements on what's going on. I should be back shortly, you should here Mokou, so as to act as a means of defense."
>Let's head back to the village to update Kanako and Sanae on things, and how we plan to approach the situation.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #702 on: July 05, 2012, 09:39:42 AM »
As a side note, I think that may be the first time in Z-adventure history, in terms of on this site, there's been a party of 11 characters. Plus one cargo, Tewi.
And speaking of party members, what happened to Utsuho and Kogasa? I'd tuned out for a while.

Kogasa left pretty early, just after the first time you left the underground. Getting burned by Kisume, in addition to everything else that happened, was just too much for the poor umbrella.

Utsuho, you left with Satori in the second trip to the underground. She needed to tend to the reactor, and you didn't really need her for what you felt was happening next.

And good to hear I'm setting new first-times.

>Smile. "Don't apologize. It's nice to see friends reunited, especially under such circumstances."

Byakuren laughs. "Yes, I suppose this is a rather emotional time, isn't it? I almost feel sorry for Marisa and Alice, who have no one at home waiting for them."

>"Also, to be safe, we should all stay in rooms in the same area. I suspect they may try to recapture the others, and possibly everyone else as well, to prevent further interference."
>"I'll return to the village for a moment to gather a few things, and to update my temporary replacements on what's going on. I should be back shortly, you should here Mokou, so as to act as a means of defense."

Mokou nods. "Whatever ya say. Trust me, if anyone comes here, they'll get a fistful of fire!" Byakuren waves her off with "Mokou, you must remember we do get nighttime visitors. Please don't just assume they're enemies." The two of them begin to argue... well, Mokou's arguing, Byakuren's just deflecting everything with that calm attitude.

>Let's head back to the village to update Kanako and Sanae on things, and how we plan to approach the situation.

Heading down to the human village, the moon's now high in the sky. The first thing you notice as you approach the village is the onbashira sticking straight up out of the ground all around it. Fortunately, it looks like Kanako avoided the farmland, but they're still very conspicuous. You see the Sky Goddess herself standing on one, staring sternly out into the distance. She gives you a small wave as you approach.

"Welcome back, Keine. Anything to report?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #703 on: July 05, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »
>Nod. "As a matter of fact, there is. I managed to locate the missing magicians, and tomorrow night, I plan to confront the culprits. So for the time being, I'll be staying with the others at the Myouren Temple, so as to ensure the culprits do not try anything once. One of the four has already been captured and punished appropriately, I daresay she'll be having nightmares for quite a while. She was obstructing our path to finding the magicians, so I did the practical thing and knocked her out."
>"I returned to not only update you and Sanae on things, but to procure a few things I'll require come tomorrow night."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #704 on: July 05, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »
>Nod. "As a matter of fact, there is. I managed to locate the missing magicians, and tomorrow night, I plan to confront the culprits. So for the time being, I'll be staying with the others at the Myouren Temple, so as to ensure the culprits do not try anything once. One of the four has already been captured and punished appropriately, I daresay she'll be having nightmares for quite a while. She was obstructing our path to finding the magicians, so I did the practical thing and knocked her out."

Kanako sighs. "Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun... you know boring defending this place is? If I didn't know how much faith this is gonna get me, I'd probably go play go with Suwako or something." Suddenly realizing what she's saying, she starts backtracking. "I, I mean, of course I would do anything to help the humans at the village!"

>"I returned to not only update you and Sanae on things, but to procure a few things I'll require come tomorrow night."

Kanako nods and gestures in rather grandly. "Go right ahead then. You live here, so I won't stop you."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #705 on: July 05, 2012, 10:12:41 AM »
(And here comes an eventual 12th Party Member. :V As HcBailly would say, "More Party Members!")
>"Hmm...Perhaps you would like to come along tomorrow night then? I'm certain Sanae will suffice for the time you'd be away then."
>Smile somewhat. "Even gods get bored after all. But we'll talk about this more on my way out."
>Let's head for our house, drop off the Latin Books, procure a fresh set of clothing, and grab any spellcards we can use in EX mode that we may have left behind.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #706 on: July 05, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »
(And here comes an eventual 12th Party Member. :V As HcBailly would say, "More Party Members!")

(Oh jeez. Keep this up and you'll approach Yuyuko Quest party levels.)

>"Hmm...Perhaps you would like to come along tomorrow night then? I'm certain Sanae will suffice for the time you'd be away then."
>Smile somewhat. "Even gods get bored after all. But we'll talk about this more on my way out."

Kanako laughs. "Sanae will do whatever I ask her to do, without hesitation. She's a good girl that way. I may just have to take you up on your offer... like I said, it'd be a damn sight more interesting than standing on an onbashira for hours."

>Let's head for our house, drop off the Latin Books, procure a fresh set of clothing, and grab any spellcards we can use in EX mode that we may have left behind.

Heading to your house, you take the opportunity to ditch the books and get yourself a new set of clothing. You also wisely decide to grab a new shirt for Mokou (you do have a couple), because you really think she should stop wearing that blood-drenched dress. Checking your spellcard drawer, you slip "Past Sign - Old History" and "Reincarnation - Returning Bridge Ichijo" into your set of cards.

I'm guessing you're also going to reforge Pseudo-History at this time?

« Reply #707 on: July 05, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
>Reforge.It might(and probably will) be useful later.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #708 on: July 05, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
>Once that's set, we'll return to Kanako.
>"So, when it's time, we'll return to pick you up. Is that fine with you?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #709 on: July 05, 2012, 10:44:33 PM »
>Reforge.It might(and probably will) be useful later.

You take the moment to reforge Pseudo-History. You now have your full set of Spellcards, minus Epheremality 137. But you figure that if the other cards don't work, Epheremality is't going to help.

>Once that's set, we'll return to Kanako.
>"So, when it's time, we'll return to pick you up. Is that fine with you?"

Kanako frowns. "Perhaps. But you sound like you're going to battle, and before you go to battle, I need to ask you if you have a battle plan ready. If not, you probably couldn't find a better person to help you plan than me. I am a war goddess, you know."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #710 on: July 05, 2012, 10:53:27 PM »
>"Well, it would be better to have all the players present to hammer out the plan in full, so we can formulate it then."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #711 on: July 05, 2012, 10:55:27 PM »
>"Well, it would be better to have all the players present to hammer out the plan in full, so we can formulate it then."

Kanako nods. "A good idea. Just make sure to invite me in before you actually begin the attack. There's no need to worry about the village, Sanae will be preaching here tomorrow." She gives a little smirk. "Since I showed up, she's been having a lot more success lately. Who are the likely enemies?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #712 on: July 05, 2012, 10:57:44 PM »
>"Irritatingly enough, Eientei. They were trying to use the four magicians as conduits to channel magic energy into some strange disk. It's currently in the possession of one of the others who helped, and will also be participating."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #713 on: July 05, 2012, 11:00:44 PM »
>"Irritatingly enough, Eientei. They were trying to use the four magicians as conduits to channel magic energy into some strange disk. It's currently in the possession of one of the others who helped, and will also be participating."

Kanako chuckled. "Eirin's genius must be slipping if she'd try something like that.  You should probably go if you still want some rest. It's already past the middle of the night, after all." She flicks her head in a subtle gesture of dismissal.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #714 on: July 05, 2012, 11:03:51 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, tomorrow will be a long night indeed.."
>Let's head back to the temple, and find the others.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #715 on: July 05, 2012, 11:06:06 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, tomorrow will be a long night indeed.."
>Let's head back to the temple, and find the others.

You head back to the temple, where most of the temple visitors have already drifted into their respective rooms. Only a few people remain out right now - Byakuren, reciting sutras and standing watch at the temple doors, and Marisa and Alice, who seem to be finishing up a conversation next to a statue of Bishamonten out front.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #716 on: July 05, 2012, 11:07:54 PM »
>We'll leave Byakuren to her thing for now. Let's just find Mokou.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #717 on: July 05, 2012, 11:09:34 PM »
>We'll leave Byakuren to her thing for now. Let's just find Mokou.

You do not find Mokou. Mokou finds you, stepping out of the forest surrounding the temple with a small grin. "Can't help it, you know? I just feel more comfortable in the forests. Anything troubling you?"

Marisa and Alice have now finished their conversation and are beginning to approach you, although they're still a long way away.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #718 on: July 05, 2012, 11:13:16 PM »
>We'll be here for a while, so they can get here on their own speed.
>"Well, I spoke with Kanako, and she even expressed an interest in coming along for the ride. So we'll be going to pick her up at the village when we head out. She wanted to know what our plan was, but I said we'd get that sorted out when we have everyone together."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #719 on: July 05, 2012, 11:15:41 PM »
>We'll be here for a while, so they can get here on their own speed.
>"Well, I spoke with Kanako, and she even expressed an interest in coming along for the ride. So we'll be going to pick her up at the village when we head out. She wanted to know what our plan was, but I said we'd get that sorted out when we have everyone together."

Mokou nods. "Always good to get the gods on our side. Good luck planning anything now, though, pretty much everyone but the magicians and myself are asleep. Even those three weak youkai you picked up." She gives you a curious look. "What're you planning on doing with them anyway?"