Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184748 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #660 on: July 05, 2012, 03:08:46 AM »
>Meet her confident grin with the sort of glare we reserve for threats to the village. "We're trying to find the missing magicians, and we've found out that you and another brought at least one of them out here."
>Remove the hat. "Now...I won't ask this again, step aside."

Tewi gives another grin. "You really think you can get past me? It doesn't matter how powerful you are, you know," Tewi smirks as she flips the coin high into the air. "I just need to get lucky." The coin begins to fall. "How about this, heads, you win, tails, I lose?" Another smirk as she watches the coin fall to the ground...

...and land exactly on edge. "Ouch, sounds like luck's not in it for you. Now, miss ultimatum, why don't I give you one of mine? Leave Mayohiga, or you'll suffer."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #661 on: July 05, 2012, 03:16:58 AM »
>Look to Mokou. "Well, it seems that rabbit's on the menu. I'm certain Gensokyo won't mourn the loss of another troublemaker."
>"The history of your luck...Will be an excellent meal."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #662 on: July 05, 2012, 03:26:38 AM »
>Look to Mokou. "Well, it seems that rabbit's on the menu. I'm certain Gensokyo won't mourn the loss of another troublemaker."

Mokou laughs. "Ain't that a problem? What's your battle plan, anyway? One at a time or all at once?"

>"The history of your luck...Will be an excellent meal."

Tewi grins, pulling out a stack of about 20-25 spellcards, flipping through them and shuffling them in her hands. "Which one will I get, I wonder... I hope I get lucky!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #663 on: July 05, 2012, 03:33:00 AM »
>"The latter, because we simply don't have the time."
>Spellcards?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #664 on: July 05, 2012, 03:35:15 AM »
>"The latter, because we simply don't have the time."

Mokou grins. "Perfect... c'mon Reimu, show me the power you had when you fought me!" She moves to the left and Reimu darts to the right, leaving you with the middle. Both of them pull out their own spellcards, trying to decide which one would be best. Mima, you notice, is hanging back. You figure she probably doesn't have her full power yet.

>Spellcards?

Indeed. Since she's not known for using spellcards herself, you figure she must have stolen them somehow.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #665 on: July 05, 2012, 03:39:03 AM »
(It was a command for our spellcards. :V)
>Let's just rocket into the thick of it, we'll try to grab and headbutt her until she gives. Or until she gets KO'd, whichever comes first.
>Actually, it's probably better if we headbutt her until she's out cold.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #666 on: July 05, 2012, 03:51:07 AM »
(It was a command for our spellcards. :V)

(Oops  :blush:)

You have on your hands three spellcards:

National Sign - Three Sacred Treasures (Orb, Sword, and Mirror, depending on the situation)
Future Sign - God's Realm
Future Sign - Next History

You also have the materials for Pseudo-History - The Legend of Gensokyo, but for some reason haven't finalized making that yet. Too bad, because it would be really helpful right now.

>Let's just rocket into the thick of it, we'll try to grab and headbutt her until she gives. Or until she gets KO'd, whichever comes first.
>Actually, it's probably better if we headbutt her until she's out cold.

You attempt a frontal charge, and Tewi pulls a card from the top of the deck. Seeing it, she breaks into a bit of a laugh.

"Oh, am I lucky! Love Sign..."

You've heard that before.

"Non-directional Laser!"

You haven't heard that before.  Lasers start flying from Tewi in all directions, coupled with a LOT of star danmaku. As an omnidirectional spell card, you figure this one would be good for fighting multiple enemies. Nevertheless, you don't think it'd be a good idea to get close to Tewi, you might get blasted with danmaku if you do that. Or a laser. Reimu seems to be having no trouble dodging, but can't get close enough to lay a good blow, and Mokou just doesn't seem to care, getting hit but slowly edging closer.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #667 on: July 05, 2012, 03:55:03 AM »
>Let's pull back, and bombard her with familiars, lasers, and familiars that shoot lasers.
>"And now we know where you got those spellcards. They were stolen from the four magicians!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #668 on: July 05, 2012, 04:06:00 AM »
>Let's pull back, and bombard her with familiars, lasers, and familiars that shoot lasers.
>"And now we know where you got those spellcards. They were stolen from the four magicians!"

Tewi laughs as she pulls out another card. "Not like they're using them!" However, she's actually having to move around a bit now due to your attack, which is disrupting her flow of attack. You think you can see a small opening to dart through, if she doesn't get lucky and fire a laser right at you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #669 on: July 05, 2012, 04:07:10 AM »
>Luck huh? We never were one to bet on the long odds, but we don't have the time.
>So let's charge in while keeping up the barrage! And when we get in range, grab her by the collar and start headbutting until she drops.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #670 on: July 05, 2012, 04:12:32 AM »
>Luck huh? We never were one to bet on the long odds, but we don't have the time.
>So let's charge in while keeping up the barrage! And when we get in range, grab her by the collar and start headbutting until she drops.

As you charge in, Mokou notices. Grinning, she decides to remove all element of luck and bullrush Tewi herself. Distracted, Tewi doesn't even notice you slip through the opening, and you feel a laser graze your back as you slip within range. She barely has time to turn around before you grab her by the collar and slam your head into hers repeatedly, until her eyes finally close. Tewi, despite her status as an Elder Youkai, isn't very durable, so it doesn't take more than a few hits. You are now holding an unconscious Elder Youkai by the collar. Mokou steps forward.

"Well done, Keine."

(If you think the battles are going too fast, just let me know. I'm new at this...)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #671 on: July 05, 2012, 04:29:47 AM »
(S'okay, I like 'em fast-paced like this. Just gotta make 'em a bit challenging too.) Tewi's Area Attack was a good example, as we had to wait for the right time to strike.)
(And she also has a few cards of her own y'know, like Ancient Duper, and the ones from StB/DS. All of which are effective Area Attacks.)

>"She's no better than an unruly child."
>Let's take the spellcards back from her. "So, what should we do with this troublemaker?"
>Look to Mima as we say that.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #672 on: July 05, 2012, 04:39:19 AM »
(S'okay, I like 'em fast-paced like this. Just gotta make 'em a bit challenging too.) Tewi's Area Attack was a good example, as we had to wait for the right time to strike.)
(And she also has a few cards of her own y'know, like Ancient Duper, and the ones from StB/DS. All of which are effective Area Attacks.)

(I actually did not know that. Of course, I'm not really sticking TOO tightly to canon, at least in my view, but... I probably should have known that at least.)

>"She's no better than an unruly child."
>Let's take the spellcards back from her. "So, what should we do with this troublemaker?"
>Look to Mima as we say that.

Taking the spellcards, you pocket them as you turn to Mima. She gives a small smile. "Well, I suppose you could leave it up to me... perhaps an endless, deathless nightmare? That's about the weakest thing I can think of."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #673 on: July 05, 2012, 04:43:56 AM »
>"Hmm....how about just a luck-reducing curse? prove to her that luck isn't everything. But feel free to make sure she'll be plagued by nightmares when she sleeps. Sometimes troublemakers like her need to be taught a lesson."
>Smile a bit. "Besides, it'll be all the more painful to her, being so overly-reliant on her luck. She should learn to improve her resilience if she wishes to stand a chance at taking my headbutt and staying awake."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #674 on: July 05, 2012, 04:50:39 AM »
>"But nothing that lasts forever. She doesn't deserve that. Keep it temporary."

I'm fine with the fights as they are, too.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #675 on: July 05, 2012, 04:51:29 AM »
>"I think a month or two should suffice. She made her bed, now she has to lie in it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #676 on: July 05, 2012, 05:12:26 AM »
I'm fine with the fights as they are, too.

(Suddenly, I feel a lot more comfortable with my RPing. Which is really saying something, since I'm constantly comparing myself to others and coming up lacking. IMO.)

>"Hmm....how about just a luck-reducing curse? prove to her that luck isn't everything. But feel free to make sure she'll be plagued by nightmares when she sleeps. Sometimes troublemakers like her need to be taught a lesson."
>Smile a bit. "Besides, it'll be all the more painful to her, being so overly-reliant on her luck. She should learn to improve her resilience if she wishes to stand a chance at taking my headbutt and staying awake."

>"But nothing that lasts forever. She doesn't deserve that. Keep it temporary."

>"I think a month or two should suffice. She made her bed, now she has to lie in it."

Mima chuckles, an evil grin appearing on her suddenly shadowed face as she begins to glow. Her staff swings down toward the unconscious form of Tewi as she speaks in an old language that even you barely recognize. Tewi seems to be... jolted with some strange red-and-green energy. As the energy stream terminates, she twitches a bit, having her first in a long series of nightmares. "Well, now that that's done... what shall we do with her?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #677 on: July 05, 2012, 05:15:48 AM »
>"Well, we leave her here. We need to make haste after all."
>Let's get back on the path to the magic Mima talked about!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #678 on: July 05, 2012, 05:27:12 AM »
>"Well, we leave her here. We need to make haste after all."
>Let's get back on the path to the magic Mima talked about!

Setting the earth-born rabbit aside, you head on closer to where the tingling's coming from. You come across what appears to be a large temple. The doors are closed, but your body feels like it's on fire right now. This is definitely the place.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #679 on: July 05, 2012, 05:37:55 AM »
>"Mokou, Reimu, Mima, skeleton key!"
>Let's charge at the door and try to break through with everyone's help!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #680 on: July 05, 2012, 05:58:27 AM »
>"Mokou, Reimu, Mima, skeleton key!"
>Let's charge at the door and try to break through with everyone's help!

You heroically charge at the door!

Which breaks open as soon as you hit it, ending up with the three of you face down on the ground. Mima, being immaterial, wisely chose to just watch you. Looking up, you can see your four magicians, each one chained to a chair, all of them arranged around a small metal disk in the center of a giant magical circle. Patchouli and Alice appear to have fallen asleep, and Byakuren is reciting sutras to herself. Marisa seems to be chanting something. In the quiet of the room, you can hear it clearly.

"57 hakkeros of Spark on the wall... 57 hakkeros of Spark..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #681 on: July 05, 2012, 06:00:46 AM »
>Get up, and dust self off. Then help Mokou and Reimu up as well.
>Then look to Mima. "I believe this is your area of expertise?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #682 on: July 05, 2012, 06:07:03 AM »
>Get up, and dust self off. Then help Mokou and Reimu up as well.
>Then look to Mima. "I believe this is your area of expertise?"

Mima laughs. "It's not a well-designed circle. The function is simple, the magicians are acting as conduits, gathering magic from the surrounding area and storing it in the disk. You know... if it were replaced by a person..."

She looks at you. "I might be able to regain my power this way. Then Gensokyo can truly change."

« Reply #683 on: July 05, 2012, 06:14:12 AM »
>"Can you tell what its purpose is? What this magic is used for?"
>"Actually, never mind that now, would it be dangerous to unchain them now?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #684 on: July 05, 2012, 06:19:34 AM »
>"Can you tell what its purpose is? What this magic is used for?"

She gives a sigh. "The purpose is to store magical energy in the disk. What you do from there is up to you."

>"Actually, never mind that now, would it be dangerous to unchain them now?

She waves her hand side to side. "Oh no worries. Feel free and step in, just rub a hole in the circle or something. I'd do it myself, but... immaterial."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #685 on: July 05, 2012, 06:25:29 AM »
>Let's stamp out a part, and then get to unchaining them.
>"What should we do with the disk though? It seems rather important, and dangerous. Especially since they went to such lengths to make it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #686 on: July 05, 2012, 06:28:41 AM »
>Let's stamp out a part, and then get to unchaining them.

You stamp out a part, and Patchouli and Alice begin to stir at the movement. Marisa looks up at you.

"Oh, Keine! Been a long time, ze. What brought ya here?"

>"What should we do with the disk though? It seems rather important, and dangerous. Especially since they went to such lengths to make it."

Mima steps forward, saying "I'll take it. I should be able to summon materiality in my hands at least. And let's be honest, none of you could probably handle the amount of magic stored here." She grabs the disk - apparently she could summon her hands to be material - and almost begins to stroke it lovingly.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #687 on: July 05, 2012, 06:31:25 AM »
>"We came to find you four. We had to find an 'old friend' of yours though, Marisa." gesture towards Mima.
>"Mokou, you should be able to get the chains off with little effot."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #688 on: July 05, 2012, 06:56:17 AM »
>Keep our eyes and ears open for Reisen, too. Or the other lunarians.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #689 on: July 05, 2012, 07:00:09 AM »
>"We came to find you four. We had to find an 'old friend' of yours though, Marisa." gesture towards Mima.

Marisa looks at Mima, and you can almost watch the happy expression on her slide off. Mima simply chuckles, and smiles. "Oh, finally remembering me, is it? Don't worry, little Marisa-chan... we'll have a nice long talk."

>"Mokou, you should be able to get the chains off with little effot."

Mokou nods, stepping up to each girl, grabbing a piece of chain in her hands, near-melting it, then snapping it apart, easily. Fortunately, the girls know better than to move while something like this is happening. Marisa's the first to be released, at which point she starts rubbing her wrists. "Jeez, that was not a fun time at all..." Patchouli is the second, and she's just barely awoken. Alice is similar, but Byakuren stands up and dusts herself off with nary a thought before bowing to you. "Thank you for releasing us, Keine Kamishirasawa. I am truly grateful."

>Keep our eyes and ears open for Reisen, too. Or the other lunarians.

You keep watch for Reisen, and motion for Reimu to do so as well. There doesnt' seem to be anyone, but it's always good to be alert.