Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184744 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #600 on: July 03, 2012, 04:31:17 PM »
>Nod. "Alright then, we were waiting on you to begin with."
>Let's roll on up to the surface, and then to Marisa's!

It doesn't take you long to get to the surface, and it doesn't take you long to get to the Forest of Magic after that. However, you notice that the sun is already high in the sky - it's a little past midday. Once you get to the Forest, you notice that there is a light on in Marisa's house, shining clearly through the door. From where you are, you can just barely hear a couple of voices too, although you can't quite discern what they're saying.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #601 on: July 03, 2012, 04:32:18 PM »
>"...Everyone quiet down, I'll slip closer to listen in."
>Let's slip over quietly, so that we're within earshot.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #602 on: July 03, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »
>"...Everyone quiet down, I'll slip closer to listen in."
>Let's slip over quietly, so that we're within earshot.

A young female voice: "So do you think it's valuable? It's a really ornate book, after all."
A somewhat older female voice, perhaps early teens?: "So, it's still just a book. We're looking for shinies, remember?"
The first voice: "If you look at it right, the book can be shiny..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #603 on: July 03, 2012, 04:37:49 PM »
>What can we do to give these guys a scare?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #604 on: July 03, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »
>What can we do to give these guys a scare?

You really have several options here. You could always leap through the window and shock them that way. Simple, but effective. You also have at your immediate disposal the official Youkai Exterminator of Gensokyo, a fiery immortal, and an immaterial evil spirit, all of which would presumably be up for a little fun.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #605 on: July 03, 2012, 04:43:39 PM »
>Let's slip back to thr group.
>"So, any of you three up for having some fun with a couple of would-be burglars?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #606 on: July 03, 2012, 04:54:53 PM »
>Let's slip back to thr group.
>"So, any of you three up for having some fun with a couple of would-be burglars?"

Reimu chuckles. "Someone trying to steal from Marisa? How ironic." Mokou looks at you with a questioning look, asking "What do you have in mind?" Mima, of course, nods enthusiastically.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #607 on: July 03, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »
>Look to Mima. "Well, let's hear what our newest ally has to offer in the way of ideas first."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #608 on: July 03, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »
>Look to Mima. "Well, let's hear what our newest ally has to offer in the way of ideas first."

Mima grins as she speaks. "Being a spirit makes it easy. It's always fun to just slowly rise up from the floor with a wrathful expression on your face. Of course, I'll need someone to pick up the runners. I'm guessing we're not letting them escape?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #609 on: July 03, 2012, 05:43:20 PM »
>Nod. "We should interrogate them, they might know something. So everyone, get into a good position to ambush them when they run."
>Let's slip into one ourselves, right near the doorway.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #610 on: July 03, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »
>Nod. "We should interrogate them, they might know something. So everyone, get into a good position to ambush them when they run."
>Let's slip into one ourselves, right near the doorway.

Mokou slips into another ambush position as Mima sinks into the ground. Reimu tries to cover the rest, but quickly finds that she can't, and so instead channels some energy and seals off three more before slipping into yet another position herself. It suddenly strikes you just how many escape routes Marisa has from her house.

You hear a startled collective shriek from inside the house, and it's not long before what looks to be a brown-haired 12-year-old with cat ears and a tail come barreling out the front door.

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #611 on: July 03, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »
>Step right into her path and brace for impact, then grab her when she runs into us!!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #612 on: July 03, 2012, 08:18:02 PM »
>Step right into her path and brace for impact, then grab her when she runs into us!!

You take the initiative and step right in front of her! Not expecting anyone to be there, the young catgirl hits you at full speed, which would probably knock you off balance if you were bigger. While she's stunned, you take the opportunity to grab her
by the arm, which elicits a scream of "Help! Shiku help! I'm getting kidnapped!" This is the younger voice you heard inside. From behind the house you can hear another yell from the older voice of "Let her go! Let me go!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #613 on: July 03, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
>"Alright, bring her out. We'll figure out how to go from there."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #614 on: July 03, 2012, 09:43:04 PM »
>"Alright, bring her out. We'll figure out how to go from there."

After gathering your captives, you gain a bit clearer picture. The first, Reimu's catch, is a pre-teen red foxgirl wearing a simple blouse and pants, who's hacking up just a bit. The second, your catch, is the brunette catgirl mentioned earlier. Finally, you have Mokou's catch, what appears to be a 16-year-old girl, with mostly black hair with a blonde stripe down the center, glaring at you. You'd guess this is Shiku. Apparently Mokou had some rope handy, because Shiku has her hands tied behind her back. None of them speak at first.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #615 on: July 03, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »
>Sigh. "Their hair matches three of the four colors we found the other night."
>Look towards the oldest-looking of the three with the same sort of glare we reserve for students who failed to turn in a project.
>"Now then, mind filling us in on why you three have been looting this place?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #616 on: July 03, 2012, 09:56:17 PM »
>Sigh. "Their hair matches three of the four colors we found the other night."
>Look towards the oldest-looking of the three with the same sort of glare we reserve for students who failed to turn in a project.
>"Now then, mind filling us in on why you three have been looting this place?"

The oldest, Shiku, returns your glare in full before speaking in an accent similar to Marisa's.

"'s abandoned, isn't it? Abandoned stuff doesn't belong to anyone. Better question is why you're attacking us. I know you don't live here."

She then motions to the others, a small gesture that you would guess means "I'll handle this". The youngest stops hacking.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #617 on: July 03, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »
>Sigh, facepalm, and remove our hat. "As much as you want it to be, is isn't abandoned. The owner has gone missing."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #618 on: July 04, 2012, 12:25:23 AM »
>Sigh, facepalm, and remove our hat. "As much as you want it to be, is isn't abandoned. The owner has gone missing."

Shiku smiles, clearly thinking she has you. "Exactly. She's missing, so it's abandoned. Now just untie us, why don't you? Not like we would know who kidnapped the witch, right?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #619 on: July 04, 2012, 12:36:50 AM »
>Smirk, then wag a finger at them as if they were little children. "You just clued us in on something important. 'She was kidnapped'."

(BGM!)

>"Now, there were four colors of hair left inside the building. Three of which, if examined, will match the three of you perfectly. Which leaves the Purple hair as the odd one out."
>"Now, Reimu, enter Marisa's house, you should find at least four types of hair left around. Three of which should correspond to our three would-be-looters. The fourth, logically speaking, is the one that belongs to our culprit."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:42:17 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #620 on: July 04, 2012, 03:12:11 AM »
>Smirk, then wag a finger at them as if they were little children. "You just clued us in on something important. 'She was kidnapped'."

(BGM!)

Shiku's eyes grow wide as she realized what she just said. Her eyes shift from side to side, lingering on her companions. Her body language tells you she's trying to figure out a way out of this.

>"Now, there were four colors of hair left inside the building. Three of which, if examined, will match the three of you perfectly. Which leaves the Purple hair as the odd one out."
>"Now, Reimu, enter Marisa's house, you should find at least four types of hair left around. Three of which should correspond to our three would-be-looters. The fourth, logically speaking, is the one that belongs to our culprit."
[/quote]

Reimu nods, slipping inside the open doorway as you turn back to the three captured youkai. Shiku actually seems outwardly calm now, as she speaks with a level voice.

"How about this, I'll tell you what. You let my two companions leave, and I'll tell you everything I know. I'd be better at answering them than Neneru or Kaki anyway. So what do you say?"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #621 on: July 04, 2012, 04:48:56 AM »
>"One goes free, then you talk. The other goes free once I'm satisfied."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #622 on: July 04, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »
>"One goes free, then you talk. The other goes free once I'm satisfied."

(Yawn... sorry about the wait on that, just enjoyed 10 hour sleep)

The older girl gets a bit wary at this point, but nods nervously. "That's... that's fine too. Just let Kaki go," she says, indicating the small foxgirl, "and then I'll take Neneru with me once I answer your questions. Sound good?"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:50:40 PM by IdiotsOpposite »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #623 on: July 04, 2012, 05:08:34 PM »
>Nod. "Sorry about this, but it's the only way to ensure you'll stick around to answer the questions."
>Let's turn the fox loose, but keep on guard.
>"Now, first off; Who kidnapped Marisa?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #624 on: July 04, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »
>Nod. "Sorry about this, but it's the only way to ensure you'll stick around to answer the questions."
>Let's turn the fox loose, but keep on guard.

You let go of the fox, who scampers off into the forest. You get the feeling she'll remain nearby, but you could probably take down a weak youkai like her in a single blow if it came to blows, so you're really not worried. However, just to be safe, you motion Reimu to be watchful.

>"Now, first off; Who kidnapped Marisa?"

Shiku gives a small smirk. "We didn't see much of it, unfortunately. Just the tail end of Marisa getting flown off." Neneru interrupts with "But, Shiku, th--" A nudge and a "Sssh!" from Shiku shuts her up, though.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #625 on: July 04, 2012, 05:18:38 PM »
>Gesture towards the catgirl. "Mokou, Reimu, Mima, I'll speak with this one in private, Keep an eye on the other one."
>Let's take her off to the side, out of Shiku's earshot.
>Once we've done that, replace our hat, and give her a warm look, the sort we reserve for kids. "Now then, what was that you were trying to say before your fried so rudely interjected? Don't worry though, you won't come to any harm, I just seek the truth to this matter."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #626 on: July 04, 2012, 05:24:37 PM »
>Gesture towards the catgirl. "Mokou, Reimu, Mima, I'll speak with this one in private, Keep an eye on the other one."
>Let's take her off to the side, out of Shiku's earshot.

As you take Neneru away, you can almost see Shiku's heart sink.

>Once we've done that, replace our hat, and give her a warm look, the sort we reserve for kids. "Now then, what was that you were trying to say before your fried so rudely interjected? Don't worry though, you won't come to any harm, I just seek the truth to this matter."

Neneru gives you a small, shy smile and begins to speak. "Well, um, Shiku must have forgot or something, because we really did see who carried off Marisa! It was some bunny girl with purple hair, and another one with black hair! And, and, and Shiku even followed them! I don't know how she forgot that."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #627 on: July 04, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »
>Sigh, and then massage our forehead with one hand. This just keeps getting better and better.
>Then return our expression to normal, and smile. Then ruffle her hair. "Thank you. It seems Mokou was right after all though."
>Let's head back to the others with her in tow, but untied.
>"Well Mokou, it seems you were correct, this little one confirmed that Eientei was behind it. Specifically, Reisen and Tewi."
>Look back to Neneru with a warm, teacherly smile. "You did good. I'm surprised that such a well-behaved girl like you is in the same group as that misbehaved little would-be-bandit."
>Gesture towards Shiku as we say the last part.
>To refresh, do we usually let in well-behaved Youkai?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #628 on: July 04, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »
>Sigh, and then massage our forehead with one hand. This just keeps getting better and better.
>Then return our expression to normal, and smile. Then ruffle her hair. "Thank you. It seems Mokou was right after all though."

"Ehehe... who's Mokou though?"

>Let's head back to the others with her in tow, but untied.
>"Well Mokou, it seems you were correct, this little one confirmed that Eientei was behind it. Specifically, Reisen and Tewi."

Mokou grins, subconsciously lighting her hand on fire again. "Hot damn! No need for more mystery solving, we can just go kick moonbitch ass!"

>Look back to Neneru with a warm, teacherly smile. "You did good. I'm surprised that such a well-behaved girl like you is in the same group as that misbehaved little would-be-bandit."
>Gesture towards Shiku as we say the last part.

Shiku growls at you from her tied-up position, but Neneru laughs. "Shiku's not a bandit! She looks after us and helps us out! She's nice!"

>To refresh, do we usually let in well-behaved Youkai?

Not often, although there are a few examples, Reisen and Ran Yakumo being the most prominent.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #629 on: July 04, 2012, 06:43:43 PM »
>Chuckle. "Well, she certainly acts like one."
>"Perhaps I should take you three under my wing, and raise you proper."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!