Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184890 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #570 on: July 02, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
>Look over to Reimu. "Would you rather be the one to keep tabs on the village with Kanako then? So Sanae can do this, and get one over on you? You do want to find Marisa, don't you?"
>That little barb oughta get her to do it.

Reimu stares at you speechless for a moment. Then she begins to say a word... several times in fact. Finally, she sighs. "You know I can't let Sanae be the hero... fine, I'll do it. What is it you need me to do, Satori?"

Satori chuckles. Of course she saw that coming. "It won't require much. I just need you to remain still and calm. You may want to sit down as well." Mokou, meanwhile, has laid down on the platform, calm such that
you wouldn't suspect she's about to knowingly die. Everyone else seems to have backed up, giving the four of you an element of space. Satori stands behind Reimu, her eyes closed, and begins to focus.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #571 on: July 02, 2012, 05:29:43 PM »
>Let's examine the pillar for further instructions, such as maybe requiring a specially-prepared knife.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #572 on: July 02, 2012, 05:49:31 PM »
>Let's examine the pillar for further instructions, such as maybe requiring a specially-prepared knife.

You examine the pillar, but all you find is something along the lines of "the words... need glow..." with faded text around it. You think you've got that covered.

Mokou speaks to no one in particular. "Whoever kills me, try to make it something easy to resurrect from, all right? For reference, gaping wounds, easy, missing organs, hard. Got it?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #573 on: July 02, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »
>Look to Suika and Yuugi. "Um...How should we do it then..? With a knife or something? Because I'm only good with those in terms of cooking."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #574 on: July 02, 2012, 06:31:42 PM »
>Look to Suika and Yuugi. "Um...How should we do it then..? With a knife or something? Because I'm only good with those in terms of cooking."

Yuugi laughs. "You don't want to be doing something like this unless you really know what
you're doing. Just let me handle it, all right?" She steps forward, pulling a long knife out from under her skirt. When close to Mokou, she says "I'll try to make it hurt as little as possible", to which Mokou laughs and responds with "you know you're dealing with the highest pain tolerance in Gensokyo, right?" At the last moment, Yuugi turns to you.

"You wanna look away or something? I know you humans can be squeamish when it comes to this sort of thing."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #575 on: July 02, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
>Nod, and turn away. Just because we're used to it, doesn't mean we have to like it.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #576 on: July 02, 2012, 09:37:14 PM »
>Nod, and turn away. Just because we're used to it, doesn't mean we have to like it.

You turn away from the soon-to-be-bloody scene. It'll probably be better to watch Reimu and Satori instead. From the side, you hear Yuugi step forward, mentioning that she "has to aim here, that will have the best effect". Afterwards, you hear a loud SHHNNK and a startled gasp from Mokou; at least, you assume it's from Mokou.

Watching Reimu, you see her practically fall asleep as both Reimu and Satori begin to glow with a soft purple light. When Reimu's eyes opened once more, it was revealed that they had become a soft purple as well, matching Satori's. Both of their mouths began to move.

"Direction of Miko Energy!"

A white rope of light sped along the ground from them to the base of the pillar, which had become a stark blood-red. You still couldn't look down to Mokou's body, but you could definitely see the blood splatter along the pillar's walls. The energy begins to coil around the pillar, and you can see the pillar itself start to glow with an eerie red light. It doesn't take long for the glow to become a shine, and you have to avert your eyes.

When the light clears, the misty form of a long green-haired spirit dressed in blue stands before you, a triumphant expression on her face. Before you can speak, her voice rolls out, echoing on the walls around you.

"I HAVE COME UPON THIS EARTH, AND WITH MY OWN HANDS TAKEN POSSESSION. STAND AND FEAR THE EVIL SPIRIT WHO HATH BROKEN THE SHACKLES OF A -- ..." She suddenly stops, staring at her own see-through hand. "Faded? Did..." She suddenly gives you a venomous glare.

"You botched the ritual, didn't you?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #577 on: July 03, 2012, 06:04:04 AM »
>Facepalm. "Reimu, the seals interfered, please remove them already. Because like it or not, she's our best bet at finding Marisa and the others."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:32:36 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #578 on: July 03, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
>Facepalm. "Reimu, the seals interfered, please remove them already. Because like it or not, she's our best bet at finding Marisa and the others."

Reimu shakes her head, frowning. "They can't be the problem. I haven't infused them with any energy yet. It's something else... but can't we still use her in this weakened condition?" Mima, in the meantime, has taken to inspecting the
pillar, muttering to herself in a more normal voice. You can hear it clearly, though.

"How the hell do you let it fade like that... Every word is critical, can't these people see that? Without them, I can't bring about the end..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #579 on: July 03, 2012, 10:55:09 AM »
>May as well head over to Mima. "Um, excuse me? Does the name Marisa ring any bells?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #580 on: July 03, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »
>May as well head over to Mima. "Um, excuse me? Does the name Marisa ring any bells?"

Mims turns around quite suddenly, fixing you with a glare that would be terrifying if she was actually solid. "Maybe. The better question is why I should answer you. I am the Terror of Gensokyo after all."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #581 on: July 03, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »
>Meet her glare with a level stare. "Because she's gone missing. She has been for the past month and a half now, as have three other notable magicians of Gensokyo. I had heard you were once her mentor and teacher, so I came to the conclusion that you would be the best person to go to for locating her."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #582 on: July 03, 2012, 12:27:33 PM »
>Meet her glare with a level stare. "Because she's gone missing. She has been for the past month and a half now, as have three other notable magicians of Gensokyo. I had heard you were once her mentor and teacher, so I came to the conclusion that you would be the best person to go to for locating her."

Mima seems to sigh. "I know that my power must seem like that of a god, but I am not omniscient. Maybe if you tell me everything you know, I might be able to help you... well, with conditions of course. I'm called an evil spirit for a reason, you know."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #583 on: July 03, 2012, 12:31:55 PM »
>"I had thought that since you were her teacher, you would know the most likely places she would hole up at. You see, the other day I decided to investigate her house, that was when I had discovered she had gone missing as well. The only problem being, her house was even more of a disaster zone than normal, I suspect a battle occurred there. The door was completely off it's hinges, and there were scorch marks that are not consistent with her danmaku. In addition, there were different kinds of hair scattered about, coming in the colors of red, blonde, brown, and even some purple as well. Normally one would suspect low-grade Youkai, but we all know for a fact that she wouldn't lose to anyone weaker."
>Let's bring her up to speed on the other missing Magicians, as well as anything else that's related to the case.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #584 on: July 03, 2012, 01:51:35 PM »
>"I had thought that since you were her teacher, you would know the most likely places she would hole up at. You see, the other day I decided to investigate her house, that was when I had discovered she had gone missing as well. The only problem being, her house was even more of a disaster zone than normal, I suspect a battle occurred there. The door was completely off it's hinges, and there were scorch marks that are not consistent with her danmaku. In addition, there were different kinds of hair scattered about, coming in the colors of red, blonde, brown, and even some purple as well. Normally one would suspect low-grade Youkai, but we all know for a fact that she wouldn't lose to anyone weaker."

"If you say so," Mima replies tiredly. "Last I saw the girl she was a cute child in purple who was excited over broom techniques and wanted to steal every spell in Gensokyo. How's she managing that, by the way?"

"But... I don't know about the purple, but the other colors sound like a trio of thieving animal youkai that like to run around the forest of magic. They almost always stayed close to Marisa's house, since she always had the best items to steal. They probably sound like your best clue. I would find them and consult with them."

Suddenly, an evil grin on her face. "And as payment, all I ask is a promise. At some point in the future, if I appear before you requesting assistance, you must give it, immediately and without reservation. Do you accept, or must we... negotiate?"

>Let's bring her up to speed on the other missing Magicians, as well as anything else that's related to the case.
[/quote]

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #585 on: July 03, 2012, 01:57:38 PM »
>"Well, she's already copied Master Spark from Yuuka Kazami, and she managed to steal Non-Directional Laser from Patchouli Knowledge. She's probably copied more since then, I haven't gotten into any fights with her since the Endless Night Incident."
>Then, fix her with a determined stare. "Provided that it does not entail causing harm to the Human Village. I have sworn to protect the people who reside within, even if it costs me my life."
>"Although, if you have need of a better body, I'm certain the magicians can resolve that once they're located. Given your, ah, 'diminished status'."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:05:31 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #586 on: July 03, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »
>"Well, she's already copied Master Spark from Yuuka Kazami, and she managed to steal Non-Directional Laser from Patchouli Knowledge. She's probably copied more since then, I haven't gotten into any fights with her since the Endless Night Incident."
>Then, fix her with a determined stare. "Provided that it does not entail causing harm to the Human Village. I have sworn to protect the people who reside within, even if it costs me my life."

Mima laughs. It's quite chilling. "Ahahaha! Very well, I shall not ask you to harm your little village. Now leave me to my pillar. I must see if there is a way to gather more energy..."

Reimu is still in a trance, but Satori seems to have regained consciousness. Mokou's still dead, but you can already see her beginning to resurrect."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #587 on: July 03, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »
>Let's head over to Satori. "So, do you think she is as dangerous as her words imply?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #588 on: July 03, 2012, 03:25:08 PM »
>Let's head over to Satori. "So, do you think she is as dangerous as her words imply?"

Satori stares at her for a moment as Mima flits busily around the pillar, looking almost like a very large fairy. "In her current state, absolutely not. However, her memories and thoughts hint that she once wielded unimaginable power. The sentence 'I slew a Hakurei Miko' repeats almost obsessively in her mind as well. Any good student of history would know that such is no easy feat."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #589 on: July 03, 2012, 03:29:10 PM »
>Nod. "Does her mind say anything about what she intends to do, should she return to full power?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #590 on: July 03, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »
>Nod. "Does her mind say anything about what she intends to do, should she return to full power?"

A shrug. "Other than the vague statement 'change Gensokyo forever'? Not really anything specific. I'm not too worried, I've heard there is a youkai aboveground who's fiercely protective of Gensokyo. Even to the point of helping out when my pet got... over-stressed."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #591 on: July 03, 2012, 03:43:10 PM »
>Nod. "Then she shouldn't be too much of a danger just yet. At least, no more so than Yuuka at least."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #592 on: July 03, 2012, 03:48:33 PM »
Satori nods. "Perhaps. You have what you needed, do you not? Do you still wish to take my pet to help you out with this case, or shall I keep her in Chireiden with me?"

Reimu appears to be stirring, and so does Mokou, although the once-green dress she was wearing has now become almost entirely a bloody brown. Suika and Yuugi have apparently wandered off.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #593 on: July 03, 2012, 04:05:01 PM »
>"I think having Mokou and Reimu around will be enough for the task at hand, but I'll remember to come back to pick her up if I need her power."
>Beat.
>"...Sorry about getting one of Orin's dresses dirty."
>"Come to think of it, I don't think the record books up on the surface speak much of Orin's Abilities either. Beyond that she carries off corpses, and is quite fast."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:09:22 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #594 on: July 03, 2012, 04:10:28 PM »
>"I think having Mokou and Reimu around will be enough for the task at hand, but I'll remember to come back to pick her up if I need her power."
>Beat.
>"...Sorry about getting one of Orin's dresses dirty."

Satori waves you off with a smile. "It is fine, we have plenty more. I doubt Orin will even miss it. I will be off now. I wish you the best of luck." As she wanders off, Mokou and Reimu both approach you, saying different things at the same time.

"Hey, I've got a great idea. Let's NOT do that again." Reimu.
"So, Keine, what's next on the list? C'mon, let's have it be 'take down a moonbitch'." Mokou, obviously.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #595 on: July 03, 2012, 04:13:43 PM »
>Gesture towards the pillar. "Well, our best lead at resolving things is currently preoccupied, so we should probably wait for her."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #596 on: July 03, 2012, 04:16:11 PM »
>Gesture towards the pillar. "Well, our best lead at resolving things is currently preoccupied, so we should probably wait for her."

Speaking of Mima, she appears to have stopped moving around and is shouting again.

"AHAHA! The ritual worked after all! Well, mostly. The delayed return of power was unexpected but otherwise, everything worked perfectly! I'll just need a bit of time to recover it..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #597 on: July 03, 2012, 04:21:12 PM »
>Sigh. "I can certainly see where Marisa gets her enthusiasm."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #598 on: July 03, 2012, 04:24:18 PM »
>Sigh. "I can certainly see where Marisa gets her enthusiasm."

After a bit more shouting, she stops without warning, flies down, and glares at you again.

"You! Human, or youkai, or whatever you are. Take me to Marisa's house!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #599 on: July 03, 2012, 04:27:30 PM »
>Nod. "Alright then, we were waiting on you to begin with."
>Let's roll on up to the surface, and then to Marisa's!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!