Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184771 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #510 on: June 30, 2012, 05:09:53 AM »
>"So then this Mima is someone who is mostly helpful then. Because the books I found seemed to imply it was some sort of Evil Spirit. But for all we know, it could be false."
>"Perhaps this Mima can shed some light on the missing Magicians."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #511 on: June 30, 2012, 01:19:25 PM »
>"So then this Mima is someone who is mostly helpful then. Because the books I found seemed to imply it was some sort of Evil Spirit. But for all we know, it could be false."

"Either that, or maybe Marisa received training from an evil spirit. One cannot be too certain when dealing with her."

>"Perhaps this Mima can shed some light on the missing Magicians."

"Perhaps. And perhaps the missing Magicians can shed light on Mima," Akyu replies before taking another sip of tea. "It is surprising that all four of them would disappear, though... do you have any leads? Perhaps the (Scarlet Devil) Mansion, or that youkai Yukari are to blame?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #512 on: June 30, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »
>"Well, We did find some clues at marisa's house."
>"First off, there were several small scorchmarks inside her house, completely unlike the usual sort her Danmaku leaves."
>"And secondly, there were several strands of hair in a wide variety of colors. Including blonde, red, purple, and brown."
>"Another thing that struck me as odd was that Alice's House was left completely untouched. It was almost as if she'd simply picked up and left to go on vacation somewhere."
>"Overall, it's all quite strange. The evidence I gathered from the others paints a similar picture. Miss Knowledge simply walked off one day, never to return. And Miss Hijiri went out for a walk as well, also to never return."
>"The only odd one out is Marisa. But I did not locate any hair pointing towards Miss Hijiri being involved. So we can rule out her having been the one to go there."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #513 on: June 30, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »
>"Well, We did find some clues at marisa's house."
>"First off, there were several small scorchmarks inside her house, completely unlike the usual sort her Danmaku leaves."
>"And secondly, there were several strands of hair in a wide variety of colors. Including blonde, red, purple, and brown."

Akyu considers for a moment. "Blonde, red, and brown are common among the weaker youkai, but purple is a rare color indeed. You'd do well to check those with purple hair first, I think."

>"Another thing that struck me as odd was that Alice's House was left completely untouched. It was almost as if she'd simply picked up and left to go on vacation somewhere."
>"Overall, it's all quite strange. The evidence I gathered from the others paints a similar picture. Miss Knowledge simply walked off one day, never to return. And Miss Hijiri went out for a walk as well, also to never return."
>"The only odd one out is Marisa. But I did not locate any hair pointing towards Miss Hijiri being involved. So we can rule out her having been the one to go there."

A light chuckle. "Perhaps it's possible that Alice and Patchouli got tired of Marisa's thieving antics and kidnapped her? Ah... but perhaps I shouldn't make light of such a situation."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #514 on: June 30, 2012, 07:54:05 PM »
A light chuckle. "Perhaps it's possible that Alice and Patchouli got tired of Marisa's thieving antics and kidnapped her? Ah... but perhaps I shouldn't make light of such a situation."

> "Our best lead is to burn down Eientei for the heck of it. Mokou's idea, not mine."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #515 on: June 30, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »
> "Our best lead is to burn down Eientei for the heck of it. Mokou's idea, not mine."

Akyu gives you a penetrating stare. "I don't expect Mokou to know better, but you should realize that burning down the residence of those who deliver our medicines is a bad idea. Can't you negotiate with them, or something?"

Mokou shrugs. "Negotiate, whatever you want, soon as Kaguya sees me the place is gonna go ablaze."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #516 on: July 01, 2012, 06:54:42 AM »
>Sigh exasperatedly. "Mokou, just be sure to keep the fighting away from there, alright? What you do with Kaguya is your own business, but consider the village's health."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #517 on: July 01, 2012, 06:59:15 AM »
>Sigh exasperatedly. "Mokou, just be sure to keep the fighting away from there, alright? What you do with Kaguya is your own business, but consider the village's health."

Mokou laughs. "I could try to draw her out of Eientei, if that's what you mean. I can't really stop the little moonbitch from fighting, though."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #518 on: July 01, 2012, 07:07:47 AM »
>"Drawing her away would be a more practical thing. Now, we should commence the investigation. We'll leave the tea with you Akyu, since I meant for you to have it to begin with."
>Let's say our goodbyes to Akyu, and depart.
>"Mokou, take Utsuho back to the shrine, and wait for me there. I'll see about leaving the village in Sanae's hands again while I'm away. I have a plan that will require Reimu's assistance anyways."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #519 on: July 01, 2012, 07:31:10 AM »
>"Drawing her away would be a more practical thing. Now, we should commence the investigation. We'll leave the tea with you Akyu, since I meant for you to have it to begin with."
>Let's say our goodbyes to Akyu, and depart.

Akyu bows to you, mentioning "I thank you for the gift of tea" as you prepare for leaving. She waves to you as the three of you exit the house. It is now a little before sunrise.

>"Mokou, take Utsuho back to the shrine, and wait for me there. I'll see about leaving the village in Sanae's hands again while I'm away. I have a plan that will require Reimu's assistance anyways."

Mokou grins. "What, no destruction of Kaguya for me? I'm saddened. I'll see you at the shrine, then." Utsuho also waves to you as the two of them fly off.

You are now as you were in page 1: alone.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #520 on: July 01, 2012, 07:35:19 AM »
>Alright, now to find Sanae. She'll probably be showing up anytime now to start preaching like she always does.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #521 on: July 01, 2012, 07:38:56 AM »
>Alright, now to find Sanae. She'll probably be showing up anytime now to start preaching like she always does.

As the sun rises, you see her enter the gates of the city, bright and shiny as usual. She's carrying her usual gohei and not much else. You suppose she plans to either buy food at the village or just pray for it. Frankly, considering her power, that latter might just work.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #522 on: July 01, 2012, 07:42:50 AM »
>Head over to greet her.
>"Hello again Sanae, I don't suppose I could trouble you to keep tabs on the village again, like yesterday? I've found some things that require much detailed investigation, so I'll be away from the village for an unknown length of time today."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #523 on: July 01, 2012, 07:48:56 AM »
>Head over to greet her.
>"Hello again Sanae, I don't suppose I could trouble you to keep tabs on the village again, like yesterday? I've found some things that require much detailed investigation, so I'll be away from the village for an unknown length of time today."

Sanae bows to you when she sees you. After hearing your predicament, she sighs. "Kanako didn't want me to stay here again two days in a row... but I'll see what I can do." She bows her head in prayer for a moment before giving you a glowing smile.

"She's on her way! Rest assured that the village is safe!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #524 on: July 01, 2012, 09:37:13 AM »
>Smile in a somewhat amused and impressed way. "Oh, so does this mean that Kanako herself has decided to come to the village?"
>"Well, as long as the village is safe, I can continue my investigation. I'm looking into why Gensokyo's most prominent Magicians have gone missing. I do have a possible lead, but I needed someone to mind the village while I follow up on it. So for now, things are in your hands."
>Let's swing past home and pick up our Latin books.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #525 on: July 01, 2012, 12:43:22 PM »
>Smile in a somewhat amused and impressed way. "Oh, so does this mean that Kanako herself has decided to come to the village?"

Sanae nods. "And she wanted me to tell you that you'd better be grateful. I told her it's rude, but... she's not like you or me."

>"Well, as long as the village is safe, I can continue my investigation. I'm looking into why Gensokyo's most prominent Magicians have gone missing. I do have a possible lead, but I needed someone to mind the village while I follow up on it. So for now, things are in your hands."

Sanae gives you a thumbs up. "You can count on us! With Kanako around, not even Yukari will dare to step foot in the village!" Somehow you doubt that... then again, technically, Yukari's never actually set FOOT in the village. Sanae heads to the marketplace and you...

>Let's swing past home and pick up our Latin books.

...Stop by your house and grab a few Latin books. "From Altum to Vidatur: A complete Latin-Japanese dictionary" and "Syntax and Structure" are the main ones to pick up, although you decide "An Introduction to Latin: For Students" may be useful as well. All these books are fairly bulky to carry on their own, so you grab a book bag and put the three Latin books in there. You now have LATIN BOOKS.

Silly, you're a teacher, of course you have a book bag.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #526 on: July 01, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »
>Now that we're set, let's make for the shrine to meet up with the others.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #527 on: July 01, 2012, 02:00:58 PM »
>Now that we're set, let's make for the shrine to meet up with the others.

Now that you're ready to go, you set off towards the shrine. Once there, you see Mokou and Reimu arguing about something. You take a moment to listen in:

Reimu: "Just because you're here doesn't mean I need to serve you tea and snacks!"
Mokou: "Well you sure seemed happy to take ours yesterday, weren't you?"
Reimu: "There's a big difference! I'm near broke, I don't have enough to share!"

Utsuho, for her part, looks quite annoyed, and you think she might be about to whack one of them with her control rod. Given past history, you figure it'd probably be Reimu.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #528 on: July 01, 2012, 02:06:24 PM »
>Head on in. "Alright you three, simmer down. Now first, where is Suika?"
>"You see, I have a plan to resolve the case of the missing magicians, but I'll need both your help, and Suika's."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #529 on: July 01, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »
>Head on in. "Alright you three, simmer down. Now first, where is Suika?"

Reimu shrugs as Mokou grins, clearly thinking herself the winner. "I have no idea, am I my oni's keeper?"

>"You see, I have a plan to resolve the case of the missing magicians, but I'll need both your help, and Suika's."

Reimu raises an eyebrow. "Magicians, plural? What happened to this whole incident being about
Patchouli?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #530 on: July 01, 2012, 03:11:06 PM »
>Sigh. "I'm afraid she wasn't the only one to vanish. I have it on authority from the acting leader of the Myouren Temple that Byakuren also went missing roughly 50 days ago. Just as Patchouli did. I investigated Marisa's house shortly after leaving you the other night, and found that she too had not been home for a similar span of time. THe same thing goes for Alice."
>"One notable clue was that Marisa's house was completely wrecked. And I mean worse than her usual cluttered mess. I'm talking about her door being blasted off the hinges, and numerous small scorchmarks inside. Accompanied by several differently-colored stands of hair. They were Red, brown, blonde, purple, and a few others."
>"I also managed to learn about Mima from Akyu. She was indeed related to Marisa. She summoned her in her youth, and ended up serving as a sort of mentor and teacher to Marisa. So if anyone would know where the magicians have gone, it would likely be her."
>"And this is where you and Suika come into play. I was intending for you and Suika to come to the underground with us, so that way when I attempt to either summon or unseal Mima from the Pillar, I'll have some of Gensokyo's more powerful residents as insurance in the event things go south."
>Sigh again. "At this point, this Mima person is the only lead in the case."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #531 on: July 01, 2012, 04:44:28 PM »
>Sigh. "I'm afraid she wasn't the only one to vanish. I have it on authority from the acting leader of the Myouren Temple that Byakuren also went missing roughly 50 days ago. Just as Patchouli did. I investigated Marisa's house shortly after leaving you the other night, and found that she too had not been home for a similar span of time. THe same thing goes for Alice."

Reimu's struck dumb by this comment, her mouth open. You take this as an opportunity to continue.

>"One notable clue was that Marisa's house was completely wrecked. And I mean worse than her usual cluttered mess. I'm talking about her door being blasted off the hinges, and numerous small scorchmarks inside. Accompanied by several differently-colored stands of hair. They were Red, brown, blonde, purple, and a few others."

The shrine maiden shakes her head, trying to make sense of what you said. "Every important magician in Gensokyo? And Marisa's house a war zone? That's... that's insane."

>"I also managed to learn about Mima from Akyu. She was indeed related to Marisa. She summoned her in her youth, and ended up serving as a sort of mentor and teacher to Marisa. So if anyone would know where the magicians have gone, it would likely be her."

A nod. "We can hope so. I really hope Marisa isn't hurt..."

>"And this is where you and Suika come into play. I was intending for you and Suika to come to the underground with us, so that way when I attempt to either summon or unseal Mima from the Pillar, I'll have some of Gensokyo's more powerful residents as insurance in the event things go south."
>Sigh again. "At this point, this Mima person is the only lead in the case."

You suddenly feel a great weight hit your back, as a drunken voice shouts out "Urameshiyaaaa!" It doesn't take much logic to know the voice is Suika. "I heard ya talkin' about the Deva Pillar, and about how all the magicians went poof. Sounds like a mystery, I'm in!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #532 on: July 01, 2012, 04:47:06 PM »
>Sigh, and right ourselves. Dusting off as needed.
>"Yes, well. I was intending to bring you along as well to begin with."
>Look to the assembled team. "Now then, are we all ready? If you need to make some last-minute preparations, Reimu, then you should probably do so."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #533 on: July 01, 2012, 04:55:55 PM »
>Sigh, and right ourselves. Dusting off as needed.
>"Yes, well. I was intending to bring you along as well to begin with."
>Look to the assembled team. "Now then, are we all ready? If you need to make some last-minute preparations, Reimu, then you should probably do so."

Reimu smiles. "I may be sick, but I'm still in fighting condition. I've got my gohei, I've always got my orbs. Where are we off to? The underground, I assume?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #534 on: July 01, 2012, 04:59:18 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, there's a pillar down there that was what informed me about Mima in the first place. I plan to inform Satori as well, so this will also be a good opportunity for you to start things over with her."
>"So, shall we be off then?" Let's roll!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:00:59 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #535 on: July 01, 2012, 05:06:42 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, there's a pillar down there that was what informed me about Mima in the first place. I plan to inform Satori as well, so this will also be a good opportunity for you to start things over with her."
>"So, shall we be off then?" Let's roll!

"Ehehe... I had kind of hoped to delay that particular reunion..."

Nevertheless, she sets off with the rest of you to the underground.

Current party:
Keine Kamishirasawa
 --The leader, and undoubtedly the only really smart one in the party.
Fujiwara no Mokou (w/ Orin dress)
 --It's surprising that no one's commented on her wearing a dress. Or maybe it's not.
Reiuji Utsuho
 --The nuclear birdbrain with a fondness for headpats.
Hakurei Reimu
 --Sick, but is still probably the strongest in Gensokyo.
Ibuki Suika
 --Drunken, powerful, and knows the Ancient City better than even Okuu.

Finding yourself a short while later at the entrance to the underground, you find it surprisingly empty. Nevertheless, Reimu's switched to "incident mode" and blasting... well, since there's no one around, she seems to be trying to kill every loose rock in the passageway. The bridge is up ahead, where Parsee, as usual, sits in eternal loneliness.

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #536 on: July 01, 2012, 05:19:48 PM »
>Tap Reimu on the head lightly. "We don't need to be fighting anyone just yet, your power is a backup plan in case things do go south."
>"Besides, you shouldn't push yourself too hard."
>Let's keep going, offering a slight nod to Parsee as we go past.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #537 on: July 01, 2012, 05:39:32 PM »
>Tap Reimu on the head lightly. "We don't need to be fighting anyone just yet, your power is a backup plan in case things do go south."
>"Besides, you shouldn't push yourself too hard."

She stops for a moment, giving you a dirty look before muttering "Well, all right."

>Let's keep going, offering a slight nod to Parsee as we go past.

You nod to Parsee, who doesn't respond. She keeps staring at Reimu, though. After you pass Parsee, it doesn't take you long to reach the Ancient City, and a short flight leads you to the Deva Pillar, where you sight Yuugi watching a rare sight: A pair of oni are fighting in the courtyard. One of them has a broken stub of a horn.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #538 on: July 01, 2012, 05:51:41 PM »
>Head on over. "That makes two days in a row. But sadly, this time is business."
>Gesture over to the Oni that are fighting. "So, what's the story here? I take it they've had some bad blood between each other?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #539 on: July 01, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »
>Head on over. "That makes two days in a row. But sadly, this time is business."
>Gesture over to the Oni that are fighting. "So, what's the story here? I take it they've had some bad blood between each other?"

Yuugi nods, for once not smiling. "Let's just say the insult one of them pulled today is going to be the last. Sad, too, I was kinda friendly with both of them. Ah well... in the end, one of them will be dead. We'll give him an honorable burial, though." She then turns back to you. "So what brings you to the city a second time? The pillar again?"