Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184816 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #450 on: June 29, 2012, 01:41:07 PM »
>Do our powers over history enable us to discern, or see, what happened here? Or at least, who was involved?

Unfortunately not. You have the power to eat history, not to see it!

>"...This just came to me, but Patchouli was also missing. For about a month as well. I suspect that if we find Patchouli, we'll find Marisa as well."
>Who do we know has something in common with those two? They're both magicians..

They are both magicians, and share this trait with Alice and Byakuren.

>Patchy's been missing? What do we know about this?

You remember that Patchouli's also been missing for about a month and a half. From speaking with Remilia, you did find out that she disappeared very suddenly, with no warning, and without a trace. One thing's for sure, Marisa's house is definitely a different story. You're not sure why, though.

>"We now have two missing magicians. Perhaps we should check Alice's house. Two magicians have gone missing at around the same time; there's a chance that Alice is also missing."
>Do we know of any magicians besides those three?

Aside from Alice, Marisa, and Patchouli, you believe Byakuren is also a magician.

>"A visit to the Scarlet Devil Mansion might also be warrented at some point, at least to see what they know about Patchoulli's dissapearance."

You make a plan to visit the SDM. You wouldn't normally do this, but the situation sort of warrants it.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #451 on: June 29, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »
>Let's head to Alice's, then.
>Has Byakuren been seen in the past month and a half?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #452 on: June 29, 2012, 03:41:40 PM »

>Has Byakuren been seen in the past month and a half?

Not that you know of, although she doesn't visit the town often anyway, so you're not really sure. You don't tend to hang with the Myouren types.

>Let's head to Alice's, then.

Leaving Marisa's house aside from now, you take the short yet tedious journey through the forest to Alice's house. The place is a stark contrast with Marisa, and looks pristine as usual. However, as you step up to the door and knock, you hear the sound reverberate through the house with no response.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #453 on: June 29, 2012, 04:09:12 PM »
>Knock again. If there's no response, try the door.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #454 on: June 29, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »
>Knock again. If there's no response, try the door.

You knock again, and indeed there is no response. After waiting for a bit, you simply open the door and step  inside, directing Mokou and Utsuho to wait outside. Best to keep your intrusion to a minimum.

Once inside, you notice that she really doesn't seem to be anywhere. There's an empty plate on the dining room table and you see the familiar figure of Shanghai staring at you from the table. Unfortunately, with no Alice there, the doll isn't moving. It honestly looks like Alice just up and left during dinner. There is a thin layer of dust everywhere, though, so she obviously left a while ago.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #455 on: June 29, 2012, 04:16:19 PM »
>Go back outside.
>"She's gone, too"
>"Let's check the temple next; Byakuren may also be missing. And if she is indeed missing, we can ask her followers about it."
>Head for the temple.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #456 on: June 29, 2012, 04:20:55 PM »
>Go back outside.
>"She's gone, too"

Mokou sighs. "Why don't we just go to Eientei and get 'em back then? I can't think of anyone else who'd kidnap every magician in Gensokyo."

>"Let's check the temple next; Byakuren may also be missing. And if she is indeed missing, we can ask her followers about it."
>Head for the temple.

With Mokou protesting to check Eientei, and Utsuho asking just who these people are, you start heading to the temple.

A long journey and an explanation of magic to Utsuho later, you find yourself at the steps of the Myouren Temple. Ichirin sits at the front of the steps - you notice her nyuudou is away right now. Upon seeing you, she stands up and bows.

"Welcome to the Myouren Temple, Keine-san. It is a surprise to see you here. Is there anything I can help you with?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #457 on: June 29, 2012, 04:40:14 PM »
> "Maybe. All the magicians have gone missing, may we see Byakuren?"

Mokou sighs. "Why don't we just go to Eientei and get 'em back then? I can't think of anyone else who'd kidnap every magician in Gensokyo."

> "You always blame Eientei."

> "Aw what the heck, fine, have your fun at Eientei. I suppose we don't have any better leads. Lets just finish up here first."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #458 on: June 29, 2012, 04:43:27 PM »
> "Maybe. All the magicians have gone missing, may we see Byakuren?"

Ichirin suddenly frowns. "All of the magicians, you say... well, I'm afraid I can't help you. Byakuren's been missing for a good 50 days now. She went out on one of her daily walks and never came back from it. Half the temple's looking for her right now."

> "You always blame Eientei."

> "Aw what the heck, fine, have your fun at Eientei. I suppose we don't have any better leads. Lets just finish up here first."

Mokou grins, her hand aflame. "All right then. Good to know Kaguya won't have to look for me this time."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #459 on: June 29, 2012, 04:45:55 PM »
Ichirin suddenly frowns. "All of the magicians, you say... well, I'm afraid I can't help you. Byakuren's been missing for a good 50 days now. She went out on one of her daily walks and never came back from it. Half the temple's looking for her right now."

> "The entire temple, huh? Where have they looked? No sense going to the same place twice."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #460 on: June 29, 2012, 05:10:03 PM »
> "The entire temple, huh? Where have they looked? No sense going to the same place twice."

She puts her finger to her mouth in consideration. "Well, mainly just Youkai Mountain, really... I don't suppose you've seen her in the village at all? Probably not..."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #461 on: June 29, 2012, 05:14:19 PM »
> Consider the possible places the magicians could be.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #462 on: June 29, 2012, 05:25:34 PM »
> Consider the possible places the magicians could be.

You can immediately rule out the Hakurei Shrine, the Forest of Magic, the Human Village, the Underground, and the Myouren Temple, having been to all of those places. You think you can pretty effectively rule out the Scarlet Devil Mansion, too. Hakugyokurou and Higan don't seem likely either, obviously. This leaves the abandoned town on the border called Mayohiga, the house Eientei (or perhaps somewhere else in the Bamboo Forest), Youkai Mountain (but you doubt it), or perhaps the Garden of the Sun or the Nameless Hill. There might be somewhere else too that you haven't checked, but you're not sure.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #463 on: June 29, 2012, 05:31:13 PM »
>Let's stop by the village first. No point carrying Akyu's tea with us everywhere.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
>Let's stop by the village first. No point carrying Akyu's tea with us everywhere.

That's probably a good plan. Ichirin bows to you again. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you find Byakuren. Do you seek any spiritual guidance?"

It's now getting close to midnight, and you really are tired. You'd probably go to the human village so you can sleep anyway.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »
>"That's quite alright, maybe some other time. I should be getting home now, it's quite late."
>Come to think of it, we'll have to get the spare room set up for Okuu, won't we?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2012, 05:39:40 PM »
>"That's quite alright, maybe some other time. I should be getting home now, it's quite late."

"Very well. And please consider allowing nyuudou into the city. We would very much like to preach there." Ichirin usually says this, and you usually say no. You'll probably think about it a bit more, this time. But for now, it's time to go.

>Come to think of it, we'll have to get the spare room set up for Okuu, won't we?

Yes, yes you will.

Setting off to the human village, you're inwardly grateful that it's so late. This means that there's practically no one at the village to panic over Okuu. Unfortunately, it also means that the gates are closed. Sanae's standing defiantly in front of them, clearly watching for youkai. She actually looks rather imposing. Her words following prove she obviously doesn't recognize you in the darkness, though.

"You there,  yeah, over there! I can see your wings, and you're not getting into the city! I'll defend this village no matter what!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2012, 05:41:19 PM »
>Let's step out of the shadows. "Nice to see you're doing such a good job, Sanae."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2012, 05:43:54 PM »
>Let's step out of the shadows. "Nice to see you're doing such a good job, Sanae."

Sanae stops waving her gohei at you and smiles. "Oh, hi Keine! Yup, nothing but grade-A youkai hunting here. Did you enjoy your trip to the underground?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #469 on: June 29, 2012, 05:49:29 PM »
>"Yes, I did. Although I did end up stumbling upon something of a mystery. It seems that Marisa, Alice, Patchouli, and Byakuren all went missing about a month and a half ago."
>"Also, do you know who or what 'Mima' would refer to? I found mention of that name underground, and do not know what it refers to"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #470 on: June 29, 2012, 06:38:56 PM »
>"Yes, I did. Although I did end up stumbling upon something of a mystery. It seems that Marisa, Alice, Patchouli, and Byakuren all went missing about a month and a half ago."

Sanae gives you a somewhat skeptical look. "You found this out in the underground? Well, I can at least see what Kanako's willing to do. I'm not sure how willing she'll be though, especially after an incident a few months ago involving Marisa and Kanako's little mirror. It didn't go well."

>"Also, do you know who or what 'Mima' would refer to? I found mention of that name underground, and do not know what it refers to"

She shakes her head, blank. "Never heard of Mima. You have to remember we were from the outside world until recently."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #471 on: June 29, 2012, 06:46:44 PM »
>Nod. "True. I only just found out about 'Mima' today myself. According to a book I read while down there, 'Mima' is either a Evil Spirit, some sort of power, or perhaps a Sealed Youkai. I was planning on consulting Marisa, as Reimu said Marisa would occasionally mention a Mima."
>Since Marisa knows something about 'Mima', it's possible that 'Mima' could possibly be a spell, or someone she knew. If it is the latter, then it is possible that this 'Mima' might be a useful ally in resolving this.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #472 on: June 29, 2012, 06:50:44 PM »
Sanae gives you a somewhat skeptical look. "You found this out in the underground? Well, I can at least see what Kanako's willing to do. I'm not sure how willing she'll be though, especially after an incident a few months ago involving Marisa and Kanako's little mirror. It didn't go well."

>"Actually, I stumbled onto it when I went to Marisa's place to see if she knew anything about this 'Mima'. When I got there, I found signs of a fight and evidence that nobody had been there for over a month."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #473 on: June 29, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »
>"Actually, I stumbled onto it when I went to Marisa's place to see if she knew anything about this 'Mima'. When I got there, I found signs of a fight and evidence that nobody had been there for over a month."

"A month, huh... that does sound pretty bad. Maybe someone... that's just odd."

>Nod. "True. I only just found out about 'Mima' today myself. According to a book I read while down there, 'Mima' is either a Evil Spirit, some sort of power, or perhaps a Sealed Youkai. I was planning on consulting Marisa, as Reimu said Marisa would occasionally mention a Mima."
>Since Marisa knows something about 'Mima', it's possible that 'Mima' could possibly be a spell, or someone she knew. If it is the latter, then it is possible that this 'Mima' might be a useful ally in resolving this.

Sanae bows to you. "I wish you the best of luck with that. But if you unseal any youkai, I'll get mad, okay? So make sure you know what you're doing!" The irony of Sanae trying to lecture you is almost palpable.

"So, um, who's the winged youkai? I thought you didn't let them into the city?" Utsuho's staying back a bit, so you suppose Sanae hasn't noticed all of her other... features.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #474 on: June 29, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »
>"Usually, but I'm making an exception for this one for the time. Though I'm sure you already know her. Isn't that right, Utsuho?"
>"You see, I was asked to teach her about the surface. And to do so, I have to show her the surface personally. Since she's in my care for the time though, she'll listen for the most part."
>Administer headpats to Okuu. "Besides, doing this has the bonus effect of keeping her calm."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #475 on: June 29, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »
>"Usually, but I'm making an exception for this one for the time. Though I'm sure you already know her. Isn't that right, Utsuho?"

As Utsuho steps forward, nestling the box of tea between her left hand and hip, Sanae and Utsuho stare at each other for a moment. Then they both speak at the same time.

"The hell raven of Yatagarasu!"
"The miko for the bagel lady!"

Sanae quickly gets offended, starting to speak with "What do you mean, bage--" but is interrupted by your cool interjection.

>"You see, I was asked to teach her about the surface. And to do so, I have to show her the surface personally. Since she's in my care for the time though, she'll listen for the most part."

Sanae nods, apparently having calmed down. "Well, as long as you keep control of her. Kanako doesn't want another incident, you know?" She gives a signal with her gohei, and the gates start opening.

>Administer headpats to Okuu. "Besides, doing this has the bonus effect of keeping her calm."

A few headpats later, Okuu is quite calm again, and very happy. She starts looking at the architecture around her. "So this is where the humans live, huh?"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:27:46 PM by IdiotsOpposite »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #476 on: June 29, 2012, 07:26:37 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, as well as where I live."
>Let's give her a nighttime tour of the area, explaining the landmarks as we go, and then ending at our place.
(When we get home)>"And this is where I live. You'll be a guest here for the night."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #477 on: June 29, 2012, 07:31:23 PM »
> Remember to set the alarm for before sunrise. No sense making villagers panic, and we doubt she's seen a sunrise before.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #478 on: June 29, 2012, 07:35:44 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, as well as where I live."
>Let's give her a nighttime tour of the area, explaining the landmarks as we go, and then ending at our place.
(When we get home)>"And this is where I live. You'll be a guest here for the night."

(You're reminding me of the old man in Cherrygrove Town in Pokemon Silver. Just wanted to put that out there.)

After explaining the various landmarks of the city to Utsuho, you arrive in front of your house. She gives a yawn and blurts out "you know it's not as big as Chireiden... but I guess you can't really have that big a house up here, huh?" Mokou moves to the door and leans against the wall next to it, giving you a wink. "I don't really need sleep. I'll keep guard for ya. So you can actually get a good night's sleep." Seems she knows what a light sleeper you normally are.

Inside, Utsuho's busy getting herself ready for bed, which seems to involve taking off and polishing her control rod in the living room.

> Remember to set the alarm for before sunrise. No sense making villagers panic, and we doubt she's seen a sunrise before.

You step into your bedroom and set the alarm for about 5 AM, which should beat the sunrise just barely, if you remember right. True, it'll be early, but you've gone with little sleep before.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #479 on: June 29, 2012, 07:44:19 PM »
(Unintentional, but hey, this is also the second settlement she's been to, so it kinda fits.)

>Let's get the guest room set up proper.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!