Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184866 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2012, 03:07:58 AM »
>Nod. "Poor dear seems to think that it was all Gome's fault that she was exiled. According to her, she was preparing for a civil war. But even though history shows that human and youkai alike have gone to war for trivial reasons, I find it rather hard to believe that a songstress would bother to do something like that."
>"An interesting tidbit of information I came by via that same tome, also made mention of a young, newly-formed Flower Youkai whose name might be rather familiar to you. Yuka."
>"Since the author of that tome seemed to know her, I suspect that the infamous 'Flower Master of The Four Seasons' may very well know more about this whole sordid affair. So I intend to consult her more on that matter."
>Sigh, then chuckle in an exasperatedly amused way. "Seems the future will be quite busy for me, won't it? Traveling all over gensokyo to gather information to add to the records that I and Akyu keep."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2012, 03:10:54 AM »
And Kogasa? Well-behaved? Do you just exude an aura of good behavior or something?"

> "Relatively well behaved. She did get herself beat up by Sanae and roasted herself in the fires of hell."

> "She was also set alight by a bucket youkai, though I suppose I should have seen it coming. Hugging strange little girls is not always a good idea."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2012, 03:43:15 AM »
> "Relatively well behaved. She did get herself beat up by Sanae and roasted herself in the fires of hell."

> "She was also set alight by a bucket youkai, though I suppose I should have seen it coming. Hugging strange little girls is not always a good idea."

The miko winces. "That sounds... pretty bad, actually. I hope she's all right."

>Nod. "Poor dear seems to think that it was all Gome's fault that she was exiled. According to her, she was preparing for a civil war. But even though history shows that human and youkai alike have gone to war for trivial reasons, I find it rather hard to believe that a songstress would bother to do something like that."

Reimu raises one eyebrow. "That does sound pretty odd. But you have to remember that she's hardly sane. She's probably lying about at least part of it."

>"An interesting tidbit of information I came by via that same tome, also made mention of a young, newly-formed Flower Youkai whose name might be rather familiar to you. Yuka."

Reimu nods, the name is familiar to her.

>"Since the author of that tome seemed to know her, I suspect that the infamous 'Flower Master of The Four Seasons' may very well know more about this whole sordid affair. So I intend to consult her more on that matter."

"Be careful, and you might want to tell Utsuho to be careful as well. You know how Yuuka is." Utsuho gives a small glare and is about to comment, but is distracted by Suika entering with the blazeberry tea. "Yo, I tried this out while I was in there, and it was really delicious! What kind of leaf is this, Keine?"

>Sigh, then chuckle in an exasperatedly amused way. "Seems the future will be quite busy for me, won't it? Traveling all over gensokyo to gather information to add to the records that I and Akyu keep."

Reimu gives a chuckle. "Needless to say, I don't envy you. But at least maybe you'll have something new for the curriculum. Maybe I'll even show up, if you allow visitors in your classes of course."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2012, 04:18:47 AM »
"Be careful, and you might want to tell Utsuho to be careful as well. You know how Yuuka is." Utsuho gives a small glare and is about to comment, but is distracted by Suika entering with the blazeberry tea. "Yo, I tried this out while I was in there, and it was really delicious! What kind of leaf is this, Keine?"

> "Blazeberry. From the fires of former hell."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #424 on: June 29, 2012, 04:53:10 AM »
> "Blazeberry. From the fires of former hell."

Reimu nearly chokes. "From the WHAT!? How do you even get something like that!?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2012, 05:00:39 AM »
>Administer headpats to Okuu. "Satori gave it to me. Utsuho here is the only one who can pick them, so it's a quite rare tea."
>"I myself have already had some, and I feel fine. I would think I would have suffered any adverse effects if it was harmful."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2012, 05:13:55 AM »
>Administer headpats to Okuu. "Satori gave it to me. Utsuho here is the only one who can pick them, so it's a quite rare tea."
>"I myself have already had some, and I feel fine. I would think I would have suffered any adverse effects if it was harmful."

Okuu continues to melt in your arms. Reimu chuckles a bit at the sight in front of you. "I see. It's quite delicious at any rate. Maybe I'll have to visit Satori and find some way to get some from her. Anyway, you said Mima, right? I would definitely check Marisa first, then. Patchouli might know more about evil spirits in general, but I remember hearing Marisa mention that name more than once, so she's probably going to be your best lead. Yuuka might be helpful too, if what you say is true, and I really have no reason not to believe you." She pauses for a moment, setting down the tea. "Just be careful, okay?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #427 on: June 29, 2012, 05:18:23 AM »
>Nod. "As long as you behave yourself, and treat her politely, you should be able to get at least a little. It's rather hard to procure though, due to Utsuho being the only one capable of withstanding the heat. I was lucky to manage to obtain even this small box, which I intend to deliver the rest of to Akyu."
>"You know, Satori actually likes having guests. Something both you and Akyu were incorrect on. I plan to correct Akyu on that when I see her again."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #428 on: June 29, 2012, 05:25:54 AM »
>Nod. "As long as you behave yourself, and treat her politely, you should be able to get at least a little. It's rather hard to procure though, due to Utsuho being the only one capable of withstanding the heat. I was lucky to manage to obtain even this small box, which I intend to deliver the rest of to Akyu."
>"You know, Satori actually likes having guests. Something both you and Akyu were incorrect on. I plan to correct Akyu on that when I see her again."

Reimu looks to the side, rubbing her head. You can tell she's feeling slightly guilty. Nevertheless, she defends herself: "Not really my fault, she wasn't that welcoming when I came around..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #429 on: June 29, 2012, 05:30:06 AM »
>"Well, first time mistakes happen. Best thing to do would be to apologize for how things got out of hand back then, and treat her with the proper respect a guest should."
>"Oh, I mentioned that you had a cold, and Yuugi suggested to drink more Sake. But then again, that's an oni's cure for everything, isn't it? I take it that this tea might help you along though, and perhaps you could stay in a warmer place to hasten the healing."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #430 on: June 29, 2012, 05:40:06 AM »
>"Well, first time mistakes happen. Best thing to do would be to apologize for how things got out of hand back then, and treat her with the proper respect a guest should."

Reimu sighs. "I should probably go back down there on friendlier terms, huh? I don't think I exactly made a good reputation then."

>"Oh, I mentioned that you had a cold, and Yuugi suggested to drink more Sake. But then again, that's an oni's cure for everything, isn't it? I take it that this tea might help you along though, and perhaps you could stay in a warmer place to hasten the healing."

Another sigh. "Suika suggested that too. I tried it. I got worse. Oni may understand a lot, but they don't understand humans. The tea was a nice boost, though." You get a genuine smile from Reimu. "Thank you."

The sun is now down, and the moon is high in the sky. This is the moon two days before full moon.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #431 on: June 29, 2012, 05:52:03 AM »
> Anything else we need to do here?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #432 on: June 29, 2012, 06:00:19 AM »
>Look at the moon, it looks nice, doesn't it? "Just two more days before the usual, huh? I guess I can really get to the bottom of things then."
>Marisa should probably still be awake even at this time, given how the sun just set. So let's finish our tea, and get the box with the rest of it back.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #433 on: June 29, 2012, 06:04:04 AM »
> Tell Utsuho about moon. And stars.

It's probably her first time seeing the sky.

« Reply #434 on: June 29, 2012, 06:07:00 AM »

Does her cape count?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #435 on: June 29, 2012, 06:16:10 AM »
> Anything else we need to do here?

You idly wonder if there's anything else you ACTUALLY need to do at the Shrine.

>Look at the moon, it looks nice, doesn't it? "Just two more days before the usual, huh? I guess I can really get to the bottom of things then."
>Marisa should probably still be awake even at this time, given how the sun just set. So let's finish our tea, and get the box with the rest of it back.

Reimu gives you back the box, which Utsuho quickly grabs, rather possessively. "Um... I'll hold it, okay?" she says by way of explanation. The three of you head out, giving your farewells to Reimu, who nods sleepily to you. You get the feeling she'll be asleep before you even make it to the forest.

> Tell Utsuho about moon. And stars.

Does her cape count?

It takes you a little while, but you explain what you know about the moon and the stars to Utsuho. She's staring in wonder at the night sky before blurting out "It's just like my cape but bigger! And they're so far away... it's amazing!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #436 on: June 29, 2012, 06:19:51 AM »
>"There's one thing in this world more countless than the danmaku used each day. And that is the stars of the night sky."
>Let's keep heading for Marisa's, this is an important thing after all.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2012, 06:25:14 AM »
>"There's one thing in this world more countless than the danmaku used each day. And that is the stars of the night sky."
>Let's keep heading for Marisa's, this is an important thing after all.

You head towards the Forest of Magic as Utsuho spends her entire time gazing upwards. At least she keeps a firm grip on the box. It doesn't take you long to get to Marisa's house, but the moon is still high in the sky when you get there.

Marisa's house is always a mess, you know that. But you're pretty sure not even she would leave the door blasted off its hinges and lying on the ground as it is.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #438 on: June 29, 2012, 06:31:38 AM »
>Let's head to the door and knock.
(When she answers)>"Sorry to trouble you, but I came across some things that Reimu suggested I ask you about."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #439 on: June 29, 2012, 06:34:29 AM »
>Let's head to the door and knock.
(When she answers)>"Sorry to trouble you, but I came across some things that Reimu suggested I ask you about."

What door? As mentioned, the door's not attached to the wall right now.

Assuming you mean the frame, you knock on it, but there's no answer. To be honest, the inside looks like there was a danmaku battle fought in here.  There's still scorch marks on most of the visible walls, you're guessing from Marisa's hakkero. You try another knock, but still no answer.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #440 on: June 29, 2012, 06:41:11 AM »
>"Um..."
>"I think something happened here."
>Is there anything that might indicate how recent this was?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #441 on: June 29, 2012, 06:45:30 AM »
>Sigh. "I wonder where she could have gotten? Mokou, you and Utsuho stay out here and keep watch, I'll look around inside."
>Let's poke around inside for any signs of Marisa.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #442 on: June 29, 2012, 06:47:46 AM »
>"Um..."
>"I think something happened here."

Mokou nods, lifting up the door. "Definitely looks like it, doesn't it?" Unfortunately, her having stopped means Utsuho bumps into her with the box, which causes Mokou to drop the door on her foot. Fortunately, Mokou doesn't seem to care that much.

>Is there anything that might indicate how recent this was?

Judging from the state of the grass under the door, you're guessing it probably got blasted off its hinges about a month or two ago.

>Sigh. "I wonder where she could have gotten? Mokou, you and Utsuho stay out here and keep watch, I'll look around inside."
>Let's poke around inside for any signs of Marisa.

You step inside the house, checking just about everywhere. You find some discarded hair of many different colors strung throughout the house, and a lot more scorch marks, but you don't find any sign of Marisa. She's well and truly disappeared.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #443 on: June 29, 2012, 06:57:42 AM »
>Scorch marks, many differently-colored hairs...And what's more, it's been like this for at least a month or two? Suspicious. Let's head back to the others.
>"Well, I couldn't find any sign of her, it looks like she's been missing for at least a month. But I did find many scorch marks, and many differently-colored hairs."
>Who do we know has Danmaku that causes scorching? Besides the obvious two we have with us.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #444 on: June 29, 2012, 07:04:18 AM »
>Scorch marks, many differently-colored hairs...And what's more, it's been like this for at least a month or two? Suspicious. Let's head back to the others.

You head down to the others. Utsuho has set the box down in a space she apparently cleared out. Mokou's leaning against a wall, watching you.

>"Well, I couldn't find any sign of her, it looks like she's been missing for at least a month. But I did find many scorch marks, and many differently-colored hairs."

Mokou grins. "Different-colored hair? Was it by chance black, white, and purple? Or, to make it more clear, Kaguya, Eirin, and Reisen?"

You are, however, sure that the colors were a mix of blonde, red, brown, and black. And purple.

>Who do we know has Danmaku that causes scorching? Besides the obvious two we have with us.

Well, Marisa herself has her master spark, which has been known to scorch the walls. Aside from that, you don't know too many who could. You suppose Patchouli's fire spells could, but she's been missing for a month and a half now, so it's hardly likely she's the culprit.

« Reply #445 on: June 29, 2012, 07:05:21 AM »
>Do our powers over history enable us to discern, or see, what happened here? Or at least, who was involved?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #446 on: June 29, 2012, 07:09:12 AM »
>"...This just came to me, but Patchouli was also missing. For about a month as well. I suspect that if we find Patchouli, we'll find Marisa as well."
>Who do we know has something in common with those two? They're both magicians..
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #447 on: June 29, 2012, 07:12:46 AM »
>Patchy's been missing? What do we know about this?
>"We now have two missing magicians. Perhaps we should check Alice's house. Two magicians have gone missing at around the same time; there's a chance that Alice is also missing."
>Do we know of any magicians besides those three?
>"A visit to the Scarlet Devil Mansion might also be warrented at some point, at least to see what they know about Patchoulli's dissapearance."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #448 on: June 29, 2012, 07:18:45 AM »
It was mentioned earlier, before we went down below.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #449 on: June 29, 2012, 07:35:56 AM »
I'm still asking for what we know about this.