Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184789 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #390 on: June 28, 2012, 07:05:11 PM »
> Surpress giggle. "How would you like it if someone set your bucket on fire? Now apologize."

> Have Mokou set bucket on fire.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #391 on: June 28, 2012, 07:15:36 PM »
>Motion to remove our hat again, but don't go through with it.
>"Little girls, even if they're Youkai, should learn proper manners."

She shrinks back a bit at the hat motion, but continues to stick her tongue out at you. "And blue people should not be mean!"

> Surpress giggle. "How would you like it if someone set your bucket on fire? Now apologize."

As you suppress a giggle at her statement, she frowns. "But you couldn't set my bucket on fire. I'm the only one here with fire." In the background, you can hear Mokou try not to crack up at this.

> Have Mokou set bucket on fire.

Mokou says "with pleasure" and ignites the bucket, which is unfortunately hanging by Yamame's webbing. The whole underground's now aflame. That spider was BUSY.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #392 on: June 28, 2012, 07:19:05 PM »
As you suppress a giggle at her statement, she frowns. "But you couldn't set my bucket on fire. I'm the only one here with fire." In the background, you can hear Mokou try not to crack up at this.

> Let Mokou respond.

> Pros and cons of helping the girl back into her bucket.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #393 on: June 28, 2012, 07:36:42 PM »
> Let Mokou respond.

Mokou laughs out loud, drawing the little girl back a bit more. "Oh, that's funny! You're dealing with Gensokyo's phoenix here, little girl. I'll burn that bucket and the string attached to it in a heartbeat! Come on, just say the word, Keine, and I'll make it ash!" You do notice that the bucket seems to be attached to a hanging string of web.

> Pros and cons of helping the girl back into her bucket.

Pros:
She might stop yelling at you to put her in her bucket.

Cons:
She might burn you again.
She really doesn't deserve it.
Kogasa's still badly hurt and she doesn't seem to be repentant about that. Nor does it seem likely that she ever will be, given that her attitude suggests a lack of empathy.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #394 on: June 28, 2012, 07:52:29 PM »
>Tend to Kogaa first.
>Put out the fire in her hair.
>"Are you okay?"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #395 on: June 28, 2012, 07:58:35 PM »
>Tend to Kogaa first.

The bucket girl can wait. You actually care about Kogasa.

>Put out the fire in her hair.

You pat out the fire in Kogasa's hair with her hands. This has the bonus effect of giving her headpats. She blushes and smiles a bit.

>"Are you okay?"

Kogasa smiles. "I'll be fine! I'm a resilient umbrella! But... I'm probably gonna have to go home and rest a bit once we get out of here. So I hope you don't mind if I leave you guys alone after this."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #396 on: June 28, 2012, 08:00:25 PM »
>"Quite alright. You've behaved rather well in fact."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #397 on: June 28, 2012, 08:08:37 PM »
>"Quite alright. You've behaved rather well in fact."

Kogasa gives you a tight hug that lasts less than a second. "Okay then! I'll see you around!" she says as she drifts toward the entrance. You now have two impulsive, explosively powered powerhouses and a bucket girl with you, still scowling at you and waiting expectantly for you to pick her up and put her back in her bucket. And Mokou's still got her hand on fire, waiting for your signal to light the bucket on fire.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #398 on: June 28, 2012, 08:10:35 PM »
>If we knock one of our students down with a headbutt, do we usually help them back up? If yes, help the girl back into her bucket.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #399 on: June 28, 2012, 08:18:55 PM »
>If we knock one of our students down with a headbutt, do we usually help them back up? If yes, help the girl back into her bucket.

Sighing, you pick up the little girl and set her down into her bucket. Surprisingly, she doesn't burn you this time, although she gives a satisfied smirk.

"See? Not so hard."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #400 on: June 28, 2012, 08:20:55 PM »
>Pick her up again and set her beside the bucket.
>"Let's not be sarcastic, now."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #401 on: June 28, 2012, 08:32:23 PM »
>Pick her up again and set her beside the bucket.
>"Let's not be sarcastic, now."

She actually begins to throw a bit of a tantrum, bashing her fists upon the ground. "Put me back put me back put me baaaack!"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #402 on: June 28, 2012, 09:27:43 PM »
>Put her back.
>"No more trouble, okay?"
>If she seems to be objecting, have Mokou fire a warning shot.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #403 on: June 28, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »
>Put her back.
>"No more trouble, okay?"
>If she seems to be objecting, have Mokou fire a warning shot.

She gives you a harsh look, but otherwise says nothing. After you set her in the bucket, she hides down in it, watching you as the three of you move to exit the underground.

Once outside, you find yourself at the base of Youkai Mountain again. The sun's setting in the sky. You must have been down there a while. Utsuho's staring at the sunset, which actually looks quite beautiful.

Your last command was "Continue to Hakurei Shrine". Continue with this command?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #404 on: June 28, 2012, 09:35:09 PM »
She actually begins to throw a bit of a tantrum, bashing her fists upon the ground. "Put me back put me back put me baaaack!"

> Continue to Hakurei shrine.

> "Is this your first sunset?"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #405 on: June 28, 2012, 09:51:36 PM »
> Continue to Hakurei shrine.

> "Is this your first sunset?"

Utsuho nods. "Yeah... I want my danmaku to look like that..."

Moving on.

You approach the Hakurei Shrine. Suika appears to be absent right now, and Reimu is enjoying the sunset from her shrine steps, or rather was. Right now she seems to be staring at the three of you in utter shock. Her hand is slowly moving toward the gohei that's resting behind her.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #406 on: June 28, 2012, 10:04:46 PM »
> "Don't shoot!"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #407 on: June 28, 2012, 10:18:19 PM »
> "Don't shoot!"

Reimu slowly stands up. "Hold still, Keine, there's an extremely dangerous youkai behind you. I'll get rid of her."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #408 on: June 28, 2012, 10:30:13 PM »
Reimu slowly stands up. "Hold still, Keine, there's an extremely dangerous youkai behind you. I'll get rid of her."

> "I know, she's here as my guest."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #409 on: June 28, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »
> "I know, she's here as my guest."

Reimu's jaw drops. "You... brought not just any youkai... but the Nuke Destroyer of Worlds... to the surface!? Keine I thought you were sane!"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #410 on: June 28, 2012, 11:10:54 PM »
> "Why don't we talk about what happened. Tea?"

> Bring out the blazeberry leaves.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #411 on: June 28, 2012, 11:32:52 PM »
> "Why don't we talk about what happened. Tea?"

> Bring out the blazeberry leaves.

At the sight of the leaves, Reimu noticeably brightens. "Oh, sure. Come on in. It's late, but I suppose that's all right."

You go inside, and she starts preparing tea from the leaves you brought. As it's warming, she hustles you into the kotatsu room where she's apparently spent most of the day.

"So while the tea's being made, why don't you explain to me just why Reiuji Utsuho's wandering on the surface?" Okuu, for her part, is glaring back at Reimu. You'd guess these two don't have a good history together.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #412 on: June 29, 2012, 12:17:31 AM »
> "I owed Satori a favor. She is an incredibly hospitable host, and well, Mokou wanted to take her with us, Utsuho wanted to come with us, and Satori thought it would be good for her to see things."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #413 on: June 29, 2012, 12:18:44 AM »
>"And besides, She almost got carried away underground when we first met, but I disarmed that rather easily, and without danmaku or a headbutt."
>Administer some headpats to Okuu.
>"She's a good girl, just prone to being excitable, like any child really."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:20:54 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #414 on: June 29, 2012, 12:36:05 AM »
> "I owed Satori a favor. She is an incredibly hospitable host, and well, Mokou wanted to take her with us, Utsuho wanted to come with us, and Satori thought it would be good for her to see things."

>"And besides, She almost got carried away underground when we first met, but I disarmed that rather easily, and without danmaku or a headbutt."
>Administer some headpats to Okuu.
>"She's a good girl, just prone to being excitable, like any child really."

Okuu smiles and blushes, a lot like the last time. Reimu sighs.

"She's still dangerous and unstable in my book," she says, eliciting a small growl from Okuu, "and you're going to have a fun time taking her into the Human Village. I don't suppose you considered that, did you? But I suppose if you and Miss Mind Invader think it's okay, who am I to argue," somewhat sarcastically now. You get the feeling that she doesn't quite agree with your decision. "Did you at least have fun in your little trip to the underground?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #415 on: June 29, 2012, 12:38:22 AM »
> "Yep. By the way, do you know what a Mima is?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #416 on: June 29, 2012, 01:30:35 AM »
>Administer more headpats to Okuu, gotta keep the girl calm.
>"You see, I found out about a strange pillar down in the Ancient City during my stay there. Naturally, the scholar in me couldn't resist studying it. As it turns out, it was covered in a writing nobody could understand, much less read. But that's to be expected, since it was in Latin, a language that has been around since before first emperors."
>"That pillar made mention of something called Mima. Other sources I located indicated it was some manner of spirit."
>"Also, I found that many of the youkai down there are much more polite and good-natured than you and Akyu led me to believe. Even Miss Kurodani, the Tsuchigumo, was quite polite and cordial when we got to discussing a few things. I also discovered that she's a popular singer. But that's to be expected, since several ancient tomes I found down there revealed that an ancestor of hers was also an exceptionally popular singer, and was rumored to have had a spell cast to ensure her descendants would be quite talented in that regard."

(On a side note, where'd the whole Singer Extraordinaire Yamame come from anyways? I know it's a japan thing too, but how'd it get started?)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #417 on: June 29, 2012, 02:21:48 AM »
> "Yep. By the way, do you know what a Mima is?"

Reimu tilts her head, and you take that as an opportunity to elaborate.

>"You see, I found out about a strange pillar down in the Ancient City during my stay there. Naturally, the scholar in me couldn't resist studying it. As it turns out, it was covered in a writing nobody could understand, much less read. But that's to be expected, since it was in Latin, a language that has been around since before first emperors."
>"That pillar made mention of something called Mima. Other sources I located indicated it was some manner of spirit."

Reimu sighs. "I've heard the name before. Marisa used to talk about a Mima. But, well... I wasn't really listening, so I can't remember much myself. Maybe you could ask her, or maybe Patchouli. She'd know if anyone does."

>"Also, I found that many of the youkai down there are much more polite and good-natured than you and Akyu led me to believe. Even Miss Kurodani, the Tsuchigumo, was quite polite and cordial when we got to discussing a few things. I also discovered that she's a popular singer. But that's to be expected, since several ancient tomes I found down there revealed that an ancestor of hers was also an exceptionally popular singer, and was rumored to have had a spell cast to ensure her descendants would be quite talented in that regard."

Reimu tilts her head. "You mean the spider I one-shotted? Ehehe... to be fair, I'm pretty sure she was attacking me at the time. And Satori's still a strange one, mark my words." Okuu cuts in with "No she's not, she's nice!" to which Reimu simply scoffs.

>Administer more headpats to Okuu, gotta keep the girl calm.

Keeping Okuu calm, you pat and stroke her head more. In response she... well, figuratively melts. Apparently you discovered her weak spot.

(On a side note, where'd the whole Singer Extraordinaire Yamame come from anyways? I know it's a japan thing too, but how'd it get started?)

(No idea, I just went with it)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #418 on: June 29, 2012, 02:31:10 AM »
>Nod. "I see. This helps my inquiry into the pillar's nature considerably. Yuugi, and several others were quite interested in what it was about once I translated that little part that mentioned Mima."
>"On the subject of that spider, she seems to have a long-standing connection with the Bridge Princess. Who I discovered is, quite possibly, one of the oldest youkai known. Hailing from all the way back in the 5th Century. Possibly even further. Apparently she used to rule the ancient city long before the Oni arrived, but was exiled due to having a rival executed. That rival was Gome Kurodani, Yamame's ancestor. Unfortunately, as much as I would have liked to discuss that matter with Miss Kurodani, I only encountered that troublesome Tsurube-Otoshi. An unrepentant trickster on a level beyond even Kogasa, who was remarkably well-behaved today."
>The tea's already been prepared and served, yes?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #419 on: June 29, 2012, 02:55:20 AM »
>Nod. "I see. This helps my inquiry into the pillar's nature considerably. Yuugi, and several others were quite interested in what it was about once I translated that little part that mentioned Mima."
>"On the subject of that spider, she seems to have a long-standing connection with the Bridge Princess. Who I discovered is, quite possibly, one of the oldest youkai known. Hailing from all the way back in the 5th Century. Possibly even further. Apparently she used to rule the ancient city long before the Oni arrived, but was exiled due to having a rival executed. That rival was Gome Kurodani, Yamame's ancestor. Unfortunately, as much as I would have liked to discuss that matter with Miss Kurodani, I only encountered that troublesome Tsurube-Otoshi. An unrepentant trickster on a level beyond even Kogasa, who was remarkably well-behaved today."

Reimu laughs. "The little insane jealous girl actually has some history to her? Well isn't that interesting. That actually sounds pretty tragic, though. Maybe I'd feel sorry for her if she didn't try to attack me. And Kogasa? Well-behaved? Do you just exude an aura of good behavior or something?"

>The tea's already been prepared and served, yes?

Not quite, although you see a Suika finishing it up in the kitchen. Reimu apparently forgot about it.