Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184847 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #360 on: June 27, 2012, 06:41:08 PM »
> B: Bug Reimu.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #361 on: June 27, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »
>"Well, since Reimu's on the way, we'll ask her about this Mima."
>Pause.
>"Ah, that reminds me, do you know any cures for a cold? Reimu's gotten one, and she's been in a sour mood due to it."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #362 on: June 28, 2012, 02:21:43 AM »
> B: Bug Reimu.

>"Well, since Reimu's on the way, we'll ask her about this Mima."
>Pause.
>"Ah, that reminds me, do you know any cures for a cold? Reimu's gotten one, and she's been in a sour mood due to it."

Yuugi shrugs. "You tried sake? That's what I usually use." Kogasa begins to drift over to you. Your party is now ready to leave.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #363 on: June 28, 2012, 02:23:59 AM »
>"Suika was there, so I'd think that probably wouldn't work. But I'll pass the idea along regardless."
>"Well, it was rather enjoyable, but I suppose we'd best be off everyone."
>Let's roll.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #364 on: June 28, 2012, 02:30:35 AM »
>"Suika was there, so I'd think that probably wouldn't work. But I'll pass the idea along regardless."
>"Well, it was rather enjoyable, but I suppose we'd best be off everyone."
>Let's roll.

Yuugi gives you another toast as you leave. Exiting the city, it doesn't take you long until you get to the bridge. Parsee's sitting there, her knees to her chest, staring at a spot on the bridge. She doesn't even look at you this time. "Just go. I already know I won't win. Just get out of here."

>Respond to Parsee or continue?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #365 on: June 28, 2012, 02:32:38 AM »
> Respond. "Something the matter?"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #366 on: June 28, 2012, 03:14:32 AM »
> Respond. "Something the matter?"

She continues to stare at some blank spot on the bridge. "Nothing. Just the same as normal. Don't you have somewhere else you need to be?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #367 on: June 28, 2012, 03:47:12 AM »
> "Yep." Continue looking at her.

> "I've been doing some research, you seem to have a very interesting family history. The historian in me would like to hear more about it."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #368 on: June 28, 2012, 03:51:22 AM »
> "Yep." Continue looking at her.

> "I've been doing some research, you seem to have a very interesting family history. The historian in me would like to hear more about it."

She actually cracks a small smile. "Family? I haven't seen any of my family since I was forced out of the city. I doubt you've heard anything about them, no matter how great a historian you are."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #369 on: June 28, 2012, 04:06:54 AM »
> "Alright then."

> "I know why you aren't in the city, but if you don't mind me asking, why are you, well, here? As in, on this bridge ambushing visitors?"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #370 on: June 28, 2012, 03:36:01 PM »
> "Alright then."

> "I know why you aren't in the city, but if you don't mind me asking, why are you, well, here? As in, on this bridge ambushing visitors?"

Parsee finally looks into your eyes. Hers seem almost to be blank. "This is where I was condemned. I can't leave this bridge, for any reason. The magic binding me here is the strongest of magics. Even the shinigami couldn't overcome it."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #371 on: June 28, 2012, 03:43:16 PM »
>"...I suppose I should have put two and two together when Yuugi mentioned you've been here since before the Oni came down, and the book I encountered listed someone like you as a notable Youkai of the 5th Century."
>"That book wasn't talking about an ancestor of yours, It was talking about you,  wasn't it?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #372 on: June 28, 2012, 03:55:56 PM »
>"...I suppose I should have put two and two together when Yuugi mentioned you've been here since before the Oni came down, and the book I encountered listed someone like you as a notable Youkai of the 5th Century."
>"That book wasn't talking about an ancestor of yours, It was talking about you,  wasn't it?"

Parsee sighs. "Perhaps it was. I was around back then. I used to be famous, and popular, and powerful. All gone now. All because of that damned spider. She's the reason I'm down here, on this bridge. But then, I'm sure you've read all about that already."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #373 on: June 28, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »
Parsee sighs. "Perhaps it was. I was around back then. I used to be famous, and popular, and powerful. All gone now. All because of that damned spider. She's the reason I'm down here, on this bridge. But then, I'm sure you've read all about that already."

> "Yep."

> This looks like a lost cause. Can we think of any reason not to continue to the surface?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #374 on: June 28, 2012, 04:00:34 PM »
>"Well, you two were famous in different circles. She was a popular songstress who kept spirits high, and was loved for that. You were a leader of the people who kept things running. Two completely different, yet equally-important fields. But, as they say, the past is the past."
>We could always learn more about this, and tinker with history later to give the poor girl a happier tale.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:05:09 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #375 on: June 28, 2012, 04:40:51 PM »
(On an entirely unrelated note, why do I have the ability to modify everyone's posts in this topic?)

> "Yep."

>"Well, you two were famous in different circles. She was a popular songstress who kept spirits high, and was loved for that. You were a leader of the people who kept things running. Two completely different, yet equally-important fields. But, as they say, the past is the past."

Parsee almost seems to grow angry at your words. "NO, you don't understand, you weren't there. She tried to steal my followers. She called for civil war. It's all her fault I'm here. She's the reason I've been trapped on a bridge for centuries!"

> This looks like a lost cause. Can we think of any reason not to continue to the surface?

>We could always learn more about this, and tinker with history later to give the poor girl a happier tale.

Inwardly, you debate with yourself whether this person is really worth talking to.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #376 on: June 28, 2012, 04:48:23 PM »
>"Well, I shall have to learn more about this then. Until next we meet I suppose."
>Let's move along to the next stop.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #377 on: June 28, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
>"Well, I shall have to learn more about this then. Until next we meet I suppose."
>Let's move along to the next stop.

Parsee shrugs. "Go."

Moving along, you can see the entrance to the underground. Yamame is unfortunately absent, presumably somewhere else at the moment, but you do see a small, cute girl with green hair sitting in a bucket looking at you. As you approach, she tilts her head and reaches toward you in the bucket. "Hug?" she asks.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #378 on: June 28, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »
> Kogasa can give her a hug.

> Note that the default solution to all possible threats is to send Kogasa headfirst into them.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #379 on: June 28, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »
> Kogasa can give her a hug.

> Note that the default solution to all possible threats is to send Kogasa headfirst into them.

Kogasa steps forward to give the little bucket girl a hug. As they embrace, you see Kisume's face twist into something harsh. "Burn!" the little girl says, as Kogasa gets lit on black demon fire. She begins to panic, screaming and running around in circles as Kisume falls into the bucket, laughing maniacally. "Hahaha! You fell for it! Burn!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #380 on: June 28, 2012, 06:11:50 PM »
> Did the umbrella take any damage?

> If not, play along until Kogasa counter-pranks and surprises her.

> If so, then actually be worried and feel guilt.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #381 on: June 28, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »
> Did the umbrella take any damage?

> If not, play along until Kogasa counter-pranks and surprises her.

> If so, then actually be worried and feel guilt.

The umbrella is also on fire. You feel guilty.

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #382 on: June 28, 2012, 06:21:37 PM »
>"....Some kids have no manners these days, good thing it looks like school's in session."
>Toss our hat into the air, zip over to the bucket, pop the little troublemaker out and give her a little discipline, then zip back to catch our hat before it falls.
>Then, once we've got the hat, start trying to put the fire out.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #383 on: June 28, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »
> Stop feeling guilty.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #384 on: June 28, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »
>"....Some kids have no manners these days, good thing it looks like school's in session."
>Toss our hat into the air, zip over to the bucket, pop the little troublemaker out and give her a little discipline, then zip back to catch our hat before it falls.
>Then, once we've got the hat, start trying to put the fire out.

Throwing your hat into the air, you dash over to the bucket, take Kisume out of the bucket, which immediately elicits a shriek from the girl, and headbutt her. Having done so, you drop the girl and grab your hat out of midair, slipping it back on your head with a calm expression. Checking behind you, you can see Mokou giving faint applause. Kogasa unfortunately didn't see, as she's rolling around on the ground trying to get the demon fire off, and Utsuho is vainly trying to stomp out her flaming umbrella. Given anyone else, Utsuho would probably be doing something fairly heroic, but here she's probably making it worse. At least she's not using her right foot, encased in Chernobylite. That would just be painful.

> Stop feeling guilty.

Having neutralized the attacker, you no longer really feel guilty. Of course, the whole situation's still going on.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #385 on: June 28, 2012, 06:42:01 PM »
> Hey Utsuho, try stomping with your right foot!

> Kogasa'll survive.

> Still, we should probably help her.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #386 on: June 28, 2012, 06:55:41 PM »
> Hey Utsuho, try stomping with your right foot!

"Okay!" Utsuho says, as she gives one great stomp with her encased foot and snaps the umbrella in half, destroying Kogasa forever.

> Kogasa'll survive.

> Still, we should probably help her.

While you feel the umbrella youkai will probably survive, you still think it'd be a good idea to help her out. Step 1 is to get the umbrella okay. Utsuho's actually managed to take out most of the fire, but you pick it up and demonstrate what you SHOULD be doing by patting the remaining fire out. That done, Kogasa stops writhing in circles on the ground and, even though her hair is still aflame, no longer seems to notice. "Owwie... that hurt, you know!" She says to Kisume, who's currently vainly trying to reach her bucket. And failing. She sticks her tongue out at you.

"Blue lady's mean!"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #387 on: June 28, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »
> Is Kogasa sticking her tounge out at us, or the bucket girl?

> "Why did you set this youkai on fire? Apologize."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #388 on: June 28, 2012, 07:00:02 PM »
> Is Kogasa sticking her tounge out at us, or the bucket girl?

The bucket girl's sticking her tongue out at you.

> "Why did you set this youkai on fire? Apologize."

"Her fault! She fell for it! And it was funny too!" the bucket girl says as she starts giggling to herself. "Now put me back in my bucket!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #389 on: June 28, 2012, 07:01:48 PM »
>Motion to remove our hat again, but don't go through with it.
>"Little girls, even if they're Youkai, should learn proper manners."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!