Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184776 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #300 on: June 24, 2012, 04:42:42 PM »
>Well, seems that whoever this Mima is, it's risky business dealing with it.
>Let's examine Humans.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #301 on: June 24, 2012, 05:01:44 PM »
"Advanced Mathematics and the Theory of Groups"
"Humans"

> Lets peak at "Humans". I'm kind of curious what the youkai down here think about them.

> Also, open "Advanced Mathematics and the Theory of Groups".

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #302 on: June 24, 2012, 05:09:18 PM »
>Well, seems that whoever this Mima is, it's risky business dealing with it.
>Let's examine Humans.

You get the feeling that whoever Mima is, dealing with it would probably be a bad idea. That done, you set the book aside and move on to Humans.

Although humans in general are a part of our diet, there are two particular groups that all good youkai should avoid, if possible. One of these is the Sisterhood of Mikos, a terrifying youkai hunter organization. Anyone seen wearing shoulderless sleeves is probably a member of this group. Avoid at all costs. Anyone dressed in Dragon armor should also be avoided, as they are probably servants of Hakurei, and also trained in youkai hunting. Avoiding these two groups will lead to a stronger front for youkai, but be sure not to grow too strong. If the human population collapses, so too shall we.

You are interrupted from reading further by the sound of a loud crash. A quick look reveals that Kogasa accidentally knocked over a small bookshelf. The interruption is probably welcome, as you probably have no interest in the fifth book. You honestly don't know why Mokou grabbed it for you. Mokou and Utsuho, surprisingly, are behaving themselves rather well, holding a jovial conversation in a dark corner.

> Also, open "Advanced Mathematics and the Theory of Groups".

You nevertheless forge on, and peek at the Groups book.

Now, if we consider a group H to be the group consisting of the unification of the reals with the imaginaries...

Bah. Mathematics was never really your thing anyway. Maybe Ran could get more use out of this.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #303 on: June 24, 2012, 05:11:57 PM »
> Hand the group theory book to Utsuho. See if she can make heads or tails of it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #304 on: June 24, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »
>"Such an ancient way of things. Youkai hardly ever even eat anything human anymore, save for that vampire. But she really has no choice in the matter."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #305 on: June 24, 2012, 05:56:15 PM »
> "Hey Utsuho, you have to promise not to eat any humans, o.k.?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #306 on: June 24, 2012, 06:01:47 PM »
>"Such an ancient way of things. Youkai hardly ever even eat anything human anymore, save for that vampire. But she really has no choice in the matter."

Indeed. The attitudes in this book clearly reflect the great age of this
library.

Patchouli would probably have a field day here. For that matter, so would Marisa. But you got here first ~

> Hand the group theory book to Utsuho. See if she can make heads or tails of it.

On a whim, you ask Utsuho to take a look atthe group theory book. She begins to read, and it doesn't take long for a scowl to appear on her face.

"Constructing rings... subgroups... Tori... this has got to be the most confusing book I've ever-- ooh," Utsuho triumphantly says, pointing at an image in the book with a smile, "a donut!" Taking a look reveals that Utsuho was right: in the upper right corner of a page is a crystal clear, unfaded image of a donut-shaped object. The book calls it a "torus" though.

> "Hey Utsuho, you have to promise not to eat any humans, o.k.?

Utsuho, completely forgetting about the book image, gives you a smile. "If you say so, okay!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #307 on: June 24, 2012, 06:27:15 PM »
>Is it about time to meet up with Yuugi?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #308 on: June 24, 2012, 07:25:46 PM »
>Is it about time to meet up with Yuugi?

Now that you think about it, it does seem like it's getting on into evening. You doubt Yuugi would object if you went over to where she usually hangs out now.

Mokou and Utsuho are currently having a conversation about donuts. Kogasa is replacing books on the shelf she collapsed.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #309 on: June 24, 2012, 07:27:35 PM »
>"You know, I heard donuts are related to manjuu."
>We may as well help Kogasa set it back up. We can get rolling once we finish.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #310 on: June 24, 2012, 07:58:37 PM »
> Listen in on donut conversation.

> Take notes. For science.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #311 on: June 24, 2012, 09:37:24 PM »
> Listen in on donut conversation.

Mokou: "...and then after she died, I took her donut, and it was delicious! Best donut ever, I tell you!"
Utsuho: "Oh, you need to try Satori-sama's donuts then! One time, Orin and I asked really nicely enough to get her to make blazeberry donuts! They were the best ever!"

>"You know, I heard donuts are related to manjuu."

Utsuho: "Oooh... blazeberry manjuu! I have got to ask for that sometime!"
Mokou: "You should try something other than blazeberries, you know. We've got a lot of berries on the surface, too, ya know."
Utsuho: "Um... Keine-sama, you're still planning on a dinner, right? I know I'm a youkai, so I don't really need it, but I'm sort of used to it, you know?"

> Take notes. For science.

You note that blazeberry donuts are apparently delicious. And Mokou's Kaguya-obsessed again.

>We may as well help Kogasa set it back up. We can get rolling once we finish.

After a bit of work, the four of you manage to get the bookshelf straightened out.

>_

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #312 on: June 24, 2012, 09:38:45 PM »
> Leave library.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #313 on: June 24, 2012, 09:58:06 PM »
> Leave library.

The four of you leave the library. Heading down toward the entrance of the city, you catch sight of Yuugi watching a fight. She notices you and steps up over to you.

"Hey, glad you could make it! Find out anything interesting from the Komeiji girl?" She then notices Okuu and grins.

"Well, I guess you got something interesting anyway. Hi Okuu!" Utsuho responds with a grin and a wave of the control rod, "Hi Yuugi!"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #314 on: June 25, 2012, 12:05:23 AM »
> "Who're you rooting for?"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2012, 02:19:23 AM »
> "Who're you rooting for?"

Yuugi laughs. "I don't even really know these oni. No stakes for me in this match! It's just fun to watch the fights sometimes."

She then points at you and Mokou. "You two, you should enter the fighter pool, you know? I'll bet you could have some fun with it. I tried to get Okuu in, but the organizer said no for some reason."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #316 on: June 25, 2012, 02:24:22 AM »
>"I would assume they don't want the city to blow up."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #317 on: June 25, 2012, 02:27:45 AM »
Yuugi waves your concern away with a grin. "Oh, I'm sure she'd be fine! That control rod comes off, you know. Well, the once in a blue moon she wants it off anyway. And she's not a bad physical fighter either, right Okuu?"

Okuu looks to the side, muttering "I still lose against you in a fistfight, though..."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #318 on: June 25, 2012, 02:31:45 AM »
Yuugi waves your concern away with a grin. "Oh, I'm sure she'd be fine! That control rod comes off, you know. Well, the once in a blue moon she wants it off anyway. And she's not a bad physical fighter either, right Okuu?"

Okuu looks to the side, muttering "I still lose against you in a fistfight, though..."

> "I'm a little afraid I would die. Mokou, are you interested?"

EDIT:

> Convince Kogasa to enter.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:39:49 AM by capt. h »

« Reply #319 on: June 25, 2012, 03:00:15 AM »

>Now that's just evil. Let's not be that mean to the poor umbrella.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #320 on: June 25, 2012, 04:07:37 AM »
> "I'm a little afraid I would die. Mokou, are you interested?"

Mokou laughs. "I'd love to! But that sounds like a time-consuming thing, and I've got shit to do on the surface. Kaguya's probably tearing her hair out at this point looking for me. Ya know?"

>Now that's just evil. Let's not be that mean to the poor umbrella.

You consider getting Kogasa to enter, but decide that even if she's been annoying you for years, you really can't be that cruel to the essentially innocent umbrella youkai. Yuugi grins and gestures for you to follow her.

"Anyway, I told you I was going to show you fine Underground food, right? And Oni don't lie. So come on already!"

« Reply #321 on: June 25, 2012, 05:49:50 AM »
>Sigh quietly. 'Kaguya' this, 'Kaguya' that.... Makes a girl wonder what'll happen if the two of them DON'T kill each other at least once a day.
>"Well, consider this, Mokou. Letting her stew now and then, for a little while, can't be all bad. Besides, you never know. You might pick up a new trick or two down here."
>Follow the oni!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #322 on: June 25, 2012, 06:14:42 AM »
> It's just the fact that Kaguya is the one constant, besides Eirin, in her life, and gives Mokou a purpose.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #323 on: June 25, 2012, 06:23:17 AM »
> Is she always this obsessed with Kaguya? It doesn't seem healthy.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #324 on: June 25, 2012, 10:30:37 AM »
>Sigh quietly. 'Kaguya' this, 'Kaguya' that.... Makes a girl wonder what'll happen if the two of them DON'T kill each other at least once a day.
>"Well, consider this, Mokou. Letting her stew now and then, for a little while, can't be all bad. Besides, you never know. You might pick up a new trick or two down here."

> It's just the fact that Kaguya is the one constant, besides Eirin, in her life, and gives Mokou a purpose.

> Is she always this obsessed with Kaguya? It doesn't seem healthy.

Mokou doesn't really say anything at first, instead considering what you're saying as you walk with the oni. "That is true... don't you still have to get back up to the surface, though? You sure you can make it there without me to help you up?" she teases.

>Follow the oni!

You follow the oni. After a short walk, you find yourself at what looks to be a very nice restaurant. Stepping inside, Yuugi whispers to a fancily dressed oni, who smiles and gestures, saying... something, you can't tell what. She then turns to you.

"We got lucky, I won't have to pull anything to get a table. Hope you're not a vegetarian, though, because the Underground Bistro serves meat with just about everything."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #325 on: June 25, 2012, 10:42:55 AM »
>Surely we know the value of meat in meals?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #326 on: June 25, 2012, 10:49:43 AM »
>Surely we know the value of meat in meals?

Indeed you do. You ate the hare Mokou offered this morning, after all, right?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #327 on: June 25, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
>"I'm perfectly fine with that. So, what sort of dishes does this establishment serve?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #328 on: June 25, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »
>"I'm perfectly fine with that. So, what sort of dishes does this establishment serve?"

As a besuited oni steps up and hands out menus, Yuugi grins. "See for yourself!" Checking the menu, you see many of the most familiar dishes, such as tonkatsu and yakitori (and a broiled lamprey dish with the caption "better than the bird's"), but also a few exotic dishes, including a couple things named "Wurst sausage" and "spaghetti". You really wish that the menu would provide descriptions, but none seem to be forthcoming. Meanwhile, Yuugi has pulled out the wine gift from Suika and is engaging Utsuho in conversation.

Utsuho: "Well, Satori-sama said I shouldn't drink though..."
Yuugi: "Oh come on, it's just a glass or four of wine. What could it hurt? She's not even in charge of you right now anyway, is she?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #329 on: June 25, 2012, 12:06:23 PM »
>"Hmm...Only one should be enough, I can't be bringing her back drunk you know."
>Look to Mokou. "So...Anything catching your eye? Because I've never had some of these dishes."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!