Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184842 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2012, 09:23:19 PM »
> "Do the words always glow like this?"

Yuugi stares at the spot you're pointing at, confused. After a few moments she takes a drink of sake. "Nope, haven't seen 'em do that before. It's just a few glowing symbols, though, right? Not like it means anything."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2012, 09:25:48 PM »
>Let's get the paper and charcoal from her and get a rubbing of the glowing inscription.
>"I have a hunch that this part might just be the key to the meaning of the pillar itself. I have found out that this text is Latin though. It's an ancient language you know, dates back beyond even the days of the emperors."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2012, 09:27:44 PM »
> "Anyway, thanks! You've been a huge help."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »
>Let's get the paper and charcoal from her and get a rubbing of the glowing inscription.
>"I have a hunch that this part might just be the key to the meaning of the pillar itself. I have found out that this text is Latin though. It's an ancient language you know, dates back beyond even the days of the emperors."

Yuugi stares at you for a moment. "Latin, huh? Never heard of it. Certainly sounds old. If you can figure out what the glowing words say, more power to ya, I suppose."

> "Anyway, thanks! You've been a huge help."

"Not a problem! Just ask me if you need anything else." She then wanders off into the city. You have several options:

A: Go to Chireiden
B: Go to Library Tower
C: Stay here
D: Go somewhere else in the Ancient City
E: Leave the underground
F: Find Flandre
G: Other

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2012, 09:41:57 PM »
> "Hey Mokou, are you ready to meet this Utsuho character?"

> A and F.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2012, 09:46:02 PM »
> "Hey Mokou, are you ready to meet this Utsuho character?"

"Haha, sure thing! Let's go. "

You start heading toward the large palace that you saw when you entered the city. It doesn't take you long for you to get there. The outer gates are wide open, and there is a rather large hole in the courtyard that's glowing with heat. Other than that, you don't really see anyone.

Enter the gates?

> A and F.

You also get the absurd wish to find Flandre Scarlet. You have no idea why this is.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2012, 09:48:12 PM »
>Enter the gates.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2012, 01:33:07 AM »
>Enter the gates.

(I spent a lot of time at work planning out this post. I hope you enjoy it. Perhaps you would enjoy it more with music?)

The two of you step inside the gates of Chireiden. As you near the hole to Hell, Mokou grabs your shirt and pulls you back a step. When you give her a questioning look, she nods toward the hole, where you can see a winged form begin to emerge. She slowly rises, her wings furled around her so you can't see anything below her neck, but you can tell just from her glare that this is unlike anyone you've met in the underground. Her legs begin to emerge, and you can see her right foot encased in concrete and her left with some sort of balls of light whirling around it. The final touch, of course, is when her wings unfurl, and you can see three things of note: the control rod on her right arm, glimmering from the fires below. The lidless eye embedded in her chest, staring at you just as she herself is. And hanging from her left arm, the limp and unmoving form of Tatara Kogasa. To top it all off, hanging from her wings is some sort of strange cape that seems to be reflecting... stars? Galaxies? She lowers her head slightly and begins to speak.

"Satori-sama said to watch for a group of humans. And here you are." With her control rod, she indicates the unmoving karakasa. "I found this in the Blazing Hell. I know Orin didn't put it there. So I'm guessing she's yours. A pity, she just couldn't take the heat, I suppose." With one swift movement, she throws Kogasa to the ground in front of you. Kogasa does not move, and looks very, very sweaty now that you get a good look at her. She's drenched. Your attention is quickly brought back to the hell raven, who has now pointed her control rod directly at you. "If you'd be so kind, please, explain why you're invading Chireiden. If you answer well enough, I'll even give you a five second head start to get out of here before I burn you to ashes."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:41:53 AM by IdiotsOpposite »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2012, 01:47:49 AM »
>Facepalm. "I should have known she'd get up to her usual antics...."
>"But I take it that you are Utsuho Reiuji, yes? Well, that makes things easier, since we came to see you specifically."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2012, 01:54:52 AM »
>Facepalm. "I should have known she'd get up to her usual antics...."
>"But I take it that you are Utsuho Reiuji, yes? Well, that makes things easier, since we came to see you specifically."

Interrupted from her flow, Reiuji Utsuho lowers her control rod and her glare changes to a somewhat confused look.

"Unyu... me? Why are a couple of humans coming to see me?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2012, 02:09:14 AM »
>"I heard you were powerful, but I wanted to find out exactly how you got that way. The information from the surface only goes so far you know."
>Smile a bit. "That, and I was in the area, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I am Keine Kamishirasawa, a teacher from the village on the surface. Mokou, be polite and introduce yourself already."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2012, 02:17:19 AM »
>"I heard you were powerful, but I wanted to find out exactly how you got that way. The information from the surface only goes so far you know."
>Smile a bit. "That, and I was in the area, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I am Keine Kamishirasawa, a teacher from the village on the surface. Mokou, be polite and introduce yourself already."

Mokou grins. "Fujiwara no Mokou, resident immortal. I wanted to see you as well. I've heard about your power and I wanted to see it. Since, you know... immortal."

Utsuho is now pretty much disarmed, and you can feel safe now. She begins to rub the back of her head with her left arm. "Well... that's kind of a long story... and it doesn't exactly turn out well for me, unyu... wait, you're from the surface and you know me? Does that mean I'm famous?" She suddenly looks excited.

You see a small black cat jump out of a window a little ways away and start walking towards you. Its tail is forked.

« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2012, 02:21:05 AM »
>Status check on Kogasa.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2012, 02:22:08 AM »
>Status check on Kogasa.

Kogasa's definitely burning up a bit, but she seems to be alive, if suffering from heatstroke.

« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2012, 02:37:35 AM »
>Did we bring water and/or a handkerchief or something to moisten to help cool the poor thing?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2012, 02:44:43 AM »
>Did we bring water and/or a handkerchief or something to moisten to help cool the poor thing?

Not really, although there is a very big house in front of you that might help. Alternately, there is probably a source of water somewhere in the Ancient City.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #196 on: June 22, 2012, 03:23:11 AM »
> "Somewhat famous. We'll tell you all about it. But first, let's bring this poor girl inside, she needs to cool off a bit."

> Is Utsuho a household name, or do we only know of her through Akyu?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #197 on: June 22, 2012, 03:37:45 AM »
> "Somewhat famous. We'll tell you all about it. But first, let's bring this poor girl inside, she needs to cool off a bit."

"I'll handle that," says a voice from your left. The cat from earlier has transformed into KAENBYOU RIN, one of the only people you actually recognize in the underworld. "Long time no see, protector. I hope we can get along a little better down here than up above ground. Well... Satori-sama does anyway," She then turns to Reiuji Utsuho. "Satori-sama wants to see them... and you. She's not too happy, ya know. You should probably take them inside. I'll handle the little umbrella girl here." With care and gentleness, she picks up the sweating karakasa and begins to dart away. Utsuho turns to you, looking... considerably guilty.

"Um... I guess we should go inside now?"

> Is Utsuho a household name, or do we only know of her through Akyu?

Reiuji Utsuho has become a household name through Akyu, although most people speak of her not as a specific person, but rather as a terrifying unknown. You, Akyu, and Reimu are the only ones you know who know much more about Utsuho than that she's powerful.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2012, 03:50:43 AM »
>Look towards that cat. "Hold it. I won't permit her to be carted off like the dead you know. She's currently under my protection, so I'll be having you stick with us if you intend to carry her for us. Otherwise..."
>Remove our hat, and frown somewhat. "Well, you can guess." Then put the hat back on, and go back to smiling like usual. "Now then, let's go inside, shall we?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #199 on: June 22, 2012, 06:58:26 AM »
> Dosen't Marisa know, at least from Reimu, and Sanae, for that matter? [Although we don't seem to know it's Kanako's fault she's like this]

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #200 on: June 22, 2012, 11:37:24 AM »
>Look towards that cat. "Hold it. I won't permit her to be carted off like the dead you know. She's currently under my protection, so I'll be having you stick with us if you intend to carry her for us. Otherwise..."
>Remove our hat, and frown somewhat. "Well, you can guess." Then put the hat back on, and go back to smiling like usual. "Now then, let's go inside, shall we?"

Orin stops, sighing. "Fine, we'll do it your way. C'mon, I'll take you inside." Carrying the karakasa doesn't seem to slow her down much as she still easily leads your group of you, Mokou, and Utsuho inside. Once the doors open, you can see a very nice empty entrance hall. Orin leads you through a door on the left, and you come into a rather spacious room with a large, six-person table. Books line the shelves, and you can see a couch near a small window. This couch is the eventual target of Orin, who sets Kogasa down before turning to the table, pulling out a pair of seats for you and Mokou. Utsuho moves to stand in front of a bookshelf, looking chastised already. You get the feeling that she didn't exactly obey orders. At the head of the table sits Komeiji Satori, eyeing you with a small frown on her face. After a long awkward moment she begins to speak.

"My apologies for your reception. It was not what I had planned. I am Satori Komeiji, Master of the Palace of Earth Spirits. And you are?"

> Dosen't Marisa know, at least from Reimu, and Sanae, for that matter? [Although we don't seem to know it's Kanako's fault she's like this]

Marisa probably knows, but you aren't sure. You haven't really spoken to her that much since the incident.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2012, 11:44:51 AM »
>Bow slightly, and have a seat. "Keine Kamishirasawa, a teacher from the surface who is currently down here on a small trip thanks to summer not having any classes to teach. The kids do have to help out around the fields after all. I had thought that since I would be down here, I would do well to leave a good impression on the more notable residents."
>Glance at Okuu. "Though it seems one of them nearly got a little carried away."
>THen nudge Mokou a little. "Mokou, don't forget your manners now, this isn't Eientei after all."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »
>Bow slightly, and have a seat. "Keine Kamishirasawa, a teacher from the surface who is currently down here on a small trip thanks to summer not having any classes to teach. The kids do have to help out around the fields after all. I had thought that since I would be down here, I would do well to leave a good impression on the more notable residents."

Satori nods, smiling. "It is always nice to have visitors. As you can imagine, this house is frequently populated by only myself, my pets, and sometimes my sister, so having fresh faces is welcome. I was just enjoying some of a unique Underground tea blend, if you'd like to try it?"

>Glance at Okuu. "Though it seems one of them nearly got a little carried away."

Taking a sip of her tea, Satori gives a small glare at Okuu, who... winces? "Yes, I had noticed. I told her to watch for a pair of humans. I thought she would understand I wanted them to be greeted, not chased off. Fortunately, her actions, rash and misguided as they were, saved the life of Kogasa Tatara, who had wandered down into the Blazing Hell and fainted there, so she'll receive only a very light punishment."

>THen nudge Mokou a little. "Mokou, don't forget your manners now, this isn't Eientei after all."

Mokou grins. "Definitely doesn't look like it. Fujiwara no Mokou, resident immortal. I came along to meet this Utsuho character I keep hearing about. I--"

She's interrupted by a small smile from Satori. "Yes, she's powerful, isn't she? I'll have to see if she's willing to play with you later, if you're willing. Ah, but of course you are."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »
>Sigh a little, in an amused way. "Yes, Tea sounds rather nice. I'm just thankful that she's alright. It wouldn't reflect well on me if someone who was under my protection ended up losing their life."
>"I take it that was the infamous 'Reading of Hearts' power of yours that I've heard about? I must say though, you're far more polite and welcoming of guests than the information I had gathered implied. I shall have to remember to have a word with Akyu about revising that book of hers. And I should remember to not take Reimu's word at face value."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2012, 12:22:33 PM »
>Sigh a little, in an amused way. "Yes, Tea sounds rather nice. I'm just thankful that she's alright. It wouldn't reflect well on me if someone who was under my protection ended up losing their life."

"I understand. I would feel the same if one of my pets got hurt. But then, I have a rather closer relationship with my pets than most." She beckons to Orin, who takes out four ornate cups from a cabinet and pours some of a strange red tea into them. Passing the tea around (to Okuu and herself as well, you notice), she then returns to a spot on the table opposite Satori. Tasting the tea, you find it to be quite sweet, and there is more than a hint of some sort of berry you don't recognize.

>"I take it that was the infamous 'Reading of Hearts' power of yours that I've heard about? I must say though, you're far more polite and welcoming of guests than the information I had gathered implied. I shall have to remember to have a word with Akyu about revising that book of hers. And I should remember to not take Reimu's word at face value."

Satori chuckles a bit. "How did she describe me, then? ...Ah... yes, that would be problematic. The power to read the hearts of those around you often leads one to be hated. I have grown used to it, but... it is still depressing to read about myself in books or hear about myself from the accounts of those aboveground. I hope you understand. And I hope I do not offend with what thoughts I do pick from your mind."

(EDIT) Out the corner of your eye, you catch Mokou stealing sidelong glances at Okuu.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:27:12 PM by IdiotsOpposite »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »
>Wave it off a bit, then have some more tea. "Quite alright, I've learned that there is a plethora of peculiar abilities, my own power over History included. it's why I serve as a teacher in the first place, because who better to teach than someone whose power allows them intimate knowledge of the past?"
>"Though I must admit, I haven't had a tea quite like this in the past. May I ask what sort of berry is in this? It's rather sweet and flavorful. And sadly, I can't recognize it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #206 on: June 22, 2012, 12:45:10 PM »
>Wave it off a bit, then have some more tea. "Quite alright, I've learned that there is a plethora of peculiar abilities, my own power over History included. it's why I serve as a teacher in the first place, because who better to teach than someone whose power allows them intimate knowledge of the past?"

Satori nods. "I cannot argue with that. It would be nice if you were to enlighten Akyu and the miko as to my actual personality, though. From what I can tell, they are a trifle biased."

>"Though I must admit, I haven't had a tea quite like this in the past. May I ask what sort of berry is in this? It's rather sweet and flavorful. And sadly, I can't recognize it."

She chuckles. "I would be surprised if you did. It is a very rare berry that grows only in the entrance to the Hell of Blazing Fires. A plant used to such extremes as that could not possibly grow aboveground. I myself did not know much about it until Okuu got curious and asked what it was." She suddenly seems to sigh, turning to Mokou and Utsuho. "You two, go play. I can see the desire in both of your hearts... just do not get too close to the reactor, okay?" Mokou grins, muttering "guess she really can read minds" and, more loudly (and laughingly), "All right, Satori, since you insist" before exiting the room with a suddenly excited Utsuho.

You are now alone with Satori, Orin, and Kogasa.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2012, 12:55:42 PM »
>"Huh. I should have some of this tea shipped up to the village, it's quite nice. I know Akyu has a fondness for sweet things, so at the very least, she'll likely change her tune when she finds out who provided it. Reimu might prove to be more difficult, stubborn as she is."
>Then sigh amusedly. "Mokou certainly has an excitable personality. She always enjoys a good fight. I just hope that she doesn't cause too much damage to miss Reiuji. It would reflect poorly if that were to be the case."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #208 on: June 22, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »
>"Huh. I should have some of this tea shipped up to the village, it's quite nice. I know Akyu has a fondness for sweet things, so at the very least, she'll likely change her tune when she finds out who provided it. Reimu might prove to be more difficult, stubborn as she is."

A smile from Satori. "It is difficult to harvest, so I could not provide you with a large amount, but a box as a personal gift could certainly be managed. Orin, could you please fetch a box of the blazeberry tea? And perhaps a cloth soaked in cold water would be helpful as well?"

Orin nods, grinning before dashing off. She certainly is fast.

>Then sigh amusedly. "Mokou certainly has an excitable personality. She always enjoys a good fight. I just hope that she doesn't cause too much damage to miss Reiuji. It would reflect poorly if that were to be the case."

Another smile. This is probably the most she's smiled in months. "I would be more concerned about Fujiwara no Mokou, if she were not immortal. Okuu is no slouch when it comes to fighting. Perhaps after the tea is finished, we can go down into the Hell and I can show you what I mean. With the proper protection, it's very hot, but bearable."

She then sighs and sets her teacup aside. "But then, you are interested in other things than just small talk, yes?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
>"Well, there was that Pillar in the city that caught my interest. I've deduced that the text on it is Latin. Unfortunately, I don't have my books with me, so I couldn't translate a portion that started glowing."
>We still have that rubbing, yes?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!