Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184793 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2012, 03:44:13 PM »
> Get the weird feeling that Yuugi holding a sake bowl and not spilling it is no handicap. She is an oni after all.

You get the strange feeling, as you watch the preparation for the math, that Yuugi's "handicap" isn't a handicap at all. Considering this, it might be good to place a bet on her.

> [If this can't be done, have Kogasa get the feeling. She breaks the 4th wall anyway]

[Kogasa? Break the 4th wall? Never.  :V]

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2012, 04:41:13 PM »
> What is our opinion on gambling?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »
> What is our opinion on gambling?

You think of it as a bad influence, but you don't outright ban it. You do know that it's a good way to lose all your money quickly.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2012, 07:34:12 PM »
You think of it as a bad influence, but you don't outright ban it. You do know that it's a good way to lose all your money quickly.

> Place a small bet on Yuugi.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2012, 08:11:37 PM »
> Place a small bet on Yuugi.

You decide a small bet on Yuugi would be acceptable, and give the bet-man about 700 yen. Moving forward to the ring, you see the two competitors. One of them has long blonde hair and a rather large red horn, and she seems to be fighting another oni, with short-cut blue hair and a lot of scars on his face. You hear a bell and the other oni, Kuromaru, darts forward quickly, vainly trying to hit Yuugi with punches that you're sure would take you out if they hit you. Yuugi seems to be holding her own pretty easily, though, choosing to block them with one hand while she twirls a sake bowl around with the other. Even with her handicap, it's obvious that Kuromaru has no real chance. It doesn't take long before Yuugi gets bored, and simply throws her sake bowl high into the air. Now free to use both her hands, Yuugi delivers a crushing meteor strike to Kuromaru's head, followed quickly by a knee that knocks him into the air. You can see her give a sharp-toothed grin as she reels back to deliver a crushing haymaker that knocks him into the crowd. As a finishing touch, Yuugi reaches behind her and gently lowers the sake bowl that was falling to the ground. Not a drop has spilled.

"And that's Yuugi Hoshiguma with the victory! Stay tuned for our next match!"

You see Yuugi walking back into the crowd, but she hasn't noticed you yet. You also will probably need to find that bet-man.

(OOC: I can't remember the term for that person!)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2012, 11:15:16 PM »
>Find bet-man.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2012, 12:59:06 AM »
It doesn't take you long to find him, given that he's still pushing bets. The house took a loss this round, given the lopsided nature of the match, but he was still smiling. "700 yen, then, miss? Here ya go, your 1400. I hope you come again, we'll be having more matches!"

Yuugi has now disengaged herself from the crowd and is walking away from you, but she's moving slowly and you still have time to catch up if you want to.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2012, 01:08:11 AM »
>"Mmh. If I find myself down here again at the right time, I might do so."
>Let's go after Yuugi then!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2012, 01:09:24 AM »

> Seconded.

> And challenge her to an arm wrestling contest.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »
>"Mmh. If I find myself down here again at the right time, I might do so."

> Seconded.

You and your little party decide to chase after the Oni. It doesn't take long, and when you get close enough to her she turns around, a confident grin on her face as usual. A confident grin that soon melts to, well, curiosity.

"Huh? You three don't look like Oni. Whatcha doin' in the Ancient City?"

> And challenge her to an arm wrestling contest.

Yuugi grins and says "Sure!" As she gets everything set up, you realize that this may have been a bad idea. Within five seconds, you find yourself missing an arm. The last thing you think is how you should have stayed aboveground.

BAD END 37

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2012, 03:35:22 PM »
> "Tourism. I'm curious about the history of this place. My companion in red is an old friend whose good in a pinch, and the one with the eyes is expendable along for the ride."

> Give Mokou and Kogasa a chance to explain their reason to come to the city, if any.

> Give Yuugi the expensive wine.

> "Who should I talk to about the history of the ancient city?"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 03:52:25 PM by capt. h »

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2012, 04:05:28 PM »
> "Tourism. I'm curious about the history of this place. My companion in red is an old friend whose good in a pinch, and the one with the eyes is expendable along for the ride."

Yuugi nods. "It's a really old place, and there's definitely a lot of history behind it. You probably won't be able to learn much from before we oni came to the city, though. Obviously we just wanted to get away from the aboveground humans. We made a deal with the yamas to control the evil spirits here, although we don't even do much of that anymore. Mostly the Komeiji girl handles it now." You assume that by "the Komeiji girl" Yuugi means Satori.

> Give Mokou and Kogasa a chance to explain their reason to come to the city, if any.

Mokou just shrugs, having done this mainly to tag along with you. Kogasa floats up to the oni and asks cheerily "Are the people here easily surprised?"

This causes Yuugi to laugh heartily and exclaim, "Definitely, but you wouldn't want to be surprising them! Some oni have a temper as short as Suika!"

> Give Yuugi the expensive wine.

You reach into your bag and pull out the BOTTLE OF EXPENSIVE WINE, expressing that it's a gift from Suika. Yuugi takes the bottle for a moment, looking shocked. Then she gives another laugh.

"That little rat! She knows I'm gonna have to get her something just as good in return! Ahaha! Hey, thanks for delivering this. If you're still here in the evening, come find me, I'll treat you to dinner! The City's finest!"

> "Who created the ancient city?"

She shrugs. "Hell if I know, I wasn't around when it happened. Maybe Yamame made it all or something. You'd probably be better off asking the Komeiji girl, she's a bit more studious than I am."

>_

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
"That little rat! She knows I'm gonna have to get her something just as good in return! Ahaha! Hey, thanks for delivering this. If you're still here in the evening, come find me, I'll treat you to dinner! The City's finest!"

> "That sounds fun! Where would we find you?"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2012, 06:18:55 PM »
> "That sounds fun! Where would we find you?"

Yuugi laughs, pointing in a small circle around her.

"I'm always near the entrance! I like to watch for strange youkai entering the city. I'd have caught you too if I wasn't in a fight! If you're looking for attractions, you could always try Chireiden or the Great Deva Pillar, or the Library Tower. Or, hell, just have a nice lunch and look at the architecture, there's stands everywhere."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »
> What do we know about Chireiden, the Great Diva Pillar, and the Library Tower?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2012, 07:29:03 PM »
> What do we know about Chireiden, the Great Diva Pillar, and the Library Tower?

You know that Chireiden is the residence of the satori Satori. You are pretty sure that Kaenbyou Rin and perhaps Reiuji Utsuho can be found there too. You honestly have never heard of the other two locations, but you do see a large tower in the corner of the city that looks quite a bit older than the other buildings. You imagine that this is probably the Library Tower.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »
You know that Chireiden is the residence of the satori Satori. You are pretty sure that Kaenbyou Rin and perhaps Reiuji Utsuho can be found there too. You honestly have never heard of the other two locations, but you do see a large tower in the corner of the city that looks quite a bit older than the other buildings. You imagine that this is probably the Library Tower.

> "What can you tell us about the Great Diva Pillar?"

> Consult with Mokou. Ask where she would like to head next.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2012, 07:46:36 PM »
> "What can you tell us about the Great Deva Pillar?"

Yuugi looks up for a moment, gesturing back to where she fought Kuromaru.

"You see that fight back there, I take it? There's fights like that going on all over the city. We really don't mean anything by them, oni just like to fight. Hardly anyone dies in one of those fights, At the Great Deva Pillar it's different. There's a small courtyard in front of a great, extremely ornate pillar of pure black. There's some writing on it, but it's not in any language we understand. Fighting at the Pillar is reserved for grave insults, because... well, in that courtyard, oni fight to the death, and if you leave before killing the other, you are, well... dead in the onis' eyes. Needless to say we don't get many fights there."

> Consult with Mokou. Ask where she would like to head next.

Mokou grins. "I'm not one for books, but you know that, right Keine? I say we go visit that pillar place, or maybe go to Chireiden. I'd like to see if this Utsuho's really as strong as everyone says."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
>"An ancient language? Perhaps I might take some time to see if I can translate it. After all, I am, first and foremost, a scholar with a specialty in historical subjects."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »
>"An ancient language? Perhaps I might take some time to see if I can translate it. After all, I am, first and foremost, a scholar with a specialty in historical subjects."

Yuugi laughs. "An intellectual, huh? Well, have your fun. Just make sure not to step in the courtyard unless you want to kill someone, all right? I'll show you the way if you need a guide."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2012, 08:29:27 PM »
>"Ah, if you don't mind, that would be quite appreciated." Bow a bit.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2012, 08:37:09 PM »
Yuugi waves you off as she turns around and begins walking away.

"No need for all the bowing, I'm not some fancy person. C'mon, it's this way."

It doesn't take you long for you, Mokou, and Yuugi to reach what looks to be a large black pillar. There's oni all around it, conducting business and exchanging small talk, but a rather large square in front of the pillar is conspicuously empty. You would guess that's the courtyard. The pillar itself is a little over 15 feet high and covered in some strange alphabet. Whatever it is, it's definitely not kanji.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »
>Let's get a closer look at the inscriptions and the stone they're carved into, being careful to NOT go through the courtyard.
>"Do either of you have any paper and charcoal? I suspect that I'll have to take rubbings, and consult with a friend of mine who might be able to shed more light."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »
> Is Kogasa still with us?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #174 on: June 21, 2012, 08:55:20 PM »
>Let's get a closer look at the inscriptions and the stone they're carved into, being careful to NOT go through the courtyard.

Avoiding the courtyard, you step closer to the large black pillar. Most of the text doesn't seem to be legible, but a small segment glows. You aren't sure what alphabet it is, but it looks like this:

MIMANOSVOCAMUSTE

(OOC: Yes, it's in the Latin alphabet.)

>"Do either of you have any paper and charcoal? I suspect that I'll have to take rubbings, and consult with a friend of mine who might be able to shed more light."

Yuugi looks around. "I don't normally carry that sorta thing with me. I'll bet one of the local vendors has some though. I'll go and ask." She then wanders around to the stands.

> Is Kogasa still with us?

Oh dear, she seems to have disappeared!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2012, 09:02:41 PM »
> Hm... Do we know any latin?

> If not, do we know anyone who knows latin?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2012, 09:06:44 PM »
> Hm... Do we know any latin?

Now that you think about it, this looks like Latin. No one's spoken that language in a thousand years. You don't even believe you could translate it, at least not here. With the books at your house, you probably could though. You know at least that "nos" and "te" mean "we" and "you", respectively, but couldn't say about the other two(?) words.

> If not, do we know anyone who knows latin?

If you couldn't do it yourself, you believe Rinnosuke could. If not, you're sure that Yukari could. The hard part would be trying to find her.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:18:26 PM by IdiotsOpposite »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2012, 09:17:08 PM »
>That clinches it then, we'll just get rubbings of the inscriptions, and translate them when we get home.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:09 PM »
>That clinches it then, we'll just get rubbings of the inscriptions, and translate them when we get home.

Yuugi comes back with a few pieces of charcoal and some parchment. "You find anything interesting, or just the usual boring black pillar stuff?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2012, 09:21:14 PM »
Yuugi comes back with a few pieces of charcoal and some parchment. "You find anything interesting, or just the usual boring black pillar stuff?"

> "Do the words always glow like this?"