Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now III: Return Of The Protagonist  (Read 222888 times)

Re: Games You're Playing Right Now III: Return Of The Protagonist
« Reply #900 on: July 02, 2012, 11:03:06 PM »
- Rockman & Forte. This one hasn't changed at all since I last played it several years back. Masterpiece.
SFC version or GBA version? The former controls so much better.

I've been messing around with Simcity 4 lately (and not 2000, as my avatar/text combo would suggest); really getting the hang of the region system to connect multiple cities together and have them interact as a single unit.

Also, while I have been playing a lot of TF2 lately I think I'm gonna take a bit of a break for a while until the Pyromania update has time to cool down.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #901 on: July 02, 2012, 11:45:58 PM »
Just picked up SMT Strange Journey.
Just entered Bootes, and now the game is finally getting to where it has decided that it dislikes the idea of my survival :*

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #902 on: July 02, 2012, 11:49:20 PM »
Just picked up SMT Strange Journey.
Just entered Bootes, and now the game is finally getting to where it has decided that it dislikes the idea of my survival :*
OH BOY ARE YOU IN FOR A TREAT :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #903 on: July 03, 2012, 04:49:29 AM »
I have just entered Sector Carina.
Jimenez is probably my favorite character >_>;

Defeated Mitra with
MC Lv. 19
Leanan Sidhe Lv. 18

Gu Huo Niao Lv. 16
Jack Frost Lv. 14

I've since levelled to 21, 19, and replaced the latter two with
Dzelarhons Lv. 21 (+Resist Ice, so no weaknesses)
Fortuna Lv. 20 (Mediarama and Recarm? Yes please.)

The game isn't too difficult so far. I mean, the only real trouble I've had so far was with stupid assholes that know Mudo. But that's about it. Oh, and Enemy Searching several Takeminakata despite being level 12. That was fun.
Macca Beam as well. Ran into three Pretas once that spammed that shit until I lost almost 5,000 dollars.

« Reply #904 on: July 03, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »
Having beaten Oni, I've now started playing the old Half Life games again. A reminder of back when first person shooter games were more interesting.

- Rockman & Forte. This one hasn't changed at all since I last played it several years back. Masterpiece.

Best classic series Megaman game ever.

Formless God

« Reply #905 on: July 03, 2012, 03:17:29 PM »
SFC version or GBA version? The former controls so much better.
SFC
Spoiler:
after I ragequit the other one

Best classic series Megaman game ever.
/brofist

« Reply #906 on: July 03, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »
Also playing Koumajou Densetsu II. Only just started and got to Youmu in Stage 3 and she destroyed me like any other boss until i figured out how to do them. I kinda need a few attempts to figure out how to beat the bosses since the way this game works doesn't lend itself too well to improvization. Also, hitboxes changing size depending on whether or not you are in mid air is both awkward and a bit dumb imo. Still, it's a fun game so I can cope with my gripes so far. ;)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #907 on: July 04, 2012, 03:09:29 AM »
PC:
Skyrim - 3rd Playthrough, a Khajit specializing in Conjuration, Illusion, and Swords & Shields.  Also, her name is Orin-Chen.
Crusader Kings II - Attempting to bring Islam to Iberia, with some success.

Also...

Just finished 100%ing  Analogue: A Hate Story.  Worth the $10 (though I bought it while it was on sale).  Gameplay reminisent of Portal (1986 version).

PSV:
Mortal Kombat.  Easily beats UMvC3 in every way.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:11:02 AM by Aya Reiko »

UsadaLettuce

• 8|
  • Heroic Lily
    • Roger Rabbit!
« Reply #908 on: July 04, 2012, 03:29:33 AM »
Pokemon Black 2 (JP)

Reaaallly slow progress but currently on Hodomoe City.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #909 on: July 04, 2012, 03:30:09 AM »
Also playing Koumajou Densetsu II. Only just started and got to Youmu in Stage 3 and she destroyed me like any other boss until i figured out how to do them. I kinda need a few attempts to figure out how to beat the bosses since the way this game works doesn't lend itself too well to improvization. Also, hitboxes changing size depending on whether or not you are in mid air is both awkward and a bit dumb imo. Still, it's a fun game so I can cope with my gripes so far. ;)
Some of the latter stages are some of the most fun I've had with a fanmade Touhou game. Not to mention that the music is some of the best you'll hear in a fanmade Touhou game, too. The hitbox thing takes some getting used to, but it's intended to be exploited. Really, the entire package comes together quite well. There's a good reason I've been stalking Frontier Aja's site every now and again
Spoiler:
outside of Banpai Akira playing a big part in making cosplay-able costumes.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #910 on: July 04, 2012, 04:20:42 AM »
Oh man, I'd forgotten how bloody precise you had to be in Trauma Center: Under the Knife. Pempti's injection point is continually moving, unlike it's UtK2 incarnation, sutures have to be good, or they're just ignored, Kyriaki just goes wherever it feels like when diving, etc.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #911 on: July 04, 2012, 05:14:21 PM »
Wow, Carina was pretty short. Took me at least four hours to do Antlia and Bootes, and this one ended in a paltry two.
*shrug

Party's still more or less the same.
Horkos was disappointingly easy, and dragged on much longer than it should have >_>;
I think he restored at least 800 HP :/

The game has certainly stopped holding my hand, but I still feel as though it's not taking me seriously :(

Delphinus time!

Game time's a little over ten hours, and currently level 27, I think.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #912 on: July 04, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
Acceleration of Suguri X-Edition.
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PLAY THIS GAME

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #913 on: July 06, 2012, 12:16:37 PM »
Oh man. Garlyle was right!
Pokemon Conquest IS awesome! Sure, only one attack per pokemon, but hey! S'damn good stuff this!

So far I've already gotten the second kingdom, and recruited several dudes.
Most notably is a Darumakka, it's got Flame Wheel and Run Up yo! I dunno what Run Up does, but it works! Guy hits for like, 20-40 damage on a regular basis!
Except on fire types, where it's 10-20.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #914 on: July 07, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »
playing Super Mario 3D Land

"oh lord that was difficult"

> you can now use pipes to access special worlds!

:flamingv:

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #915 on: July 09, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »
Finished up another playthrough of Symphony of the Night this evening. Got not one, but two Cassaegrims with little, if even intentional grinding (basically got the second while testing out the first). Of course, this run seemed to rather like giving me rare sword drops from the getgo.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

theshirn

« Reply #916 on: July 09, 2012, 03:50:14 PM »
I started EO3 again.

:colonveeplusalpha:

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #917 on: July 09, 2012, 08:40:20 PM »
I started playing Rune Factory 3.  This might be the hardest Harvest Moon game yet.  I mean, you've got all these awesome girls to choose from.  You've got this artist who is constantly shouting, an extremely lazy person (seriously she gives Komachi a run for her money), and an over enthusiastic witch.  And just when I narrowed it down to those three, I run into someone who looks like Yuugi wearing glasses.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #918 on: July 10, 2012, 12:18:21 AM »
Spent a lot of my laptop-less time playing Persona 2 Innocent Sin (the PSP version).  IT's... good?  Either they really turned up EXP/Tarot gains, or I have a horrible memory, because it's not nearly as grindy as I remember.  It still leaves me feeling vaguely dazed and confused at times though, and the encounter rate is irritating to no end.

I'm apparently like 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through it now though
Spoiler:
(Xibalba just rose and I got Jun)
so I should probably just push through and finish it, but... yeah.  It both is good and yet doesn't quite feel like it has aged well enough for it not to feel like a chore at times, if that makes sense.

Formless God

« Reply #919 on: July 10, 2012, 04:12:50 AM »
Finished Catherine. Masterful design overall. The game introduces something new in every stage, is skill-based, doesn't beat itself; boss fights have more adrenaline rush than a shitload of action games; Shoji Meguro.
Moved on to Vanquish aka. Other TPS Devs Are You Even Trying. Stages could use a lot of improvement, but this is how you do gun combat.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #920 on: July 10, 2012, 04:26:16 AM »
Okay, I lied. Strange Journey never stopped holding my hand :derp:

Asura almost literally could not have been an easier boss (two recovery spells and no fallen members) and Ouroborus's first form went down in less than ten minutes.
Her second form, took only slightly longer than that, and my one death was caused by the game's continuous flux of a turn order (my agility stat is forty-fucking-one, why is Black Frost moving before I am) and I still sustained half a sprinkling of casualties.

Currently in Fornax, trying to track down Those Three Stupid Things, and failing.
The first one, who bust through the wall? Damn, who was that? Well, he went down in less than ten turns >_>

Is there a reliable source of Incense in this game, by the way? Wanting to increase my stats :3

Party (despite the active party continuously changing):

47 Human Souzin Gyaku (ST 27/MA 34/VI 44/AG 42/LU 43)
44 Tyrant King Frost
41 Femme Clotho
40 Dragon Gucumatz

---
25 Divine Virtue
35 Kishin Takeminakata
39 Jaki Rakshasa
28 Raptor Zhen
38 Jaki Black Frost
42 Flight Rukh

Hhh. The demons I picked up to use for fusion fodder are rapidly becoming obsolete for even that purpose.

Tee hee hee!
I got my sister to play this game, too!
I, uh, am kind of worried, though. I think she should be much farther than Antlia 1F, Level 5, and three party members, given her current game time of 2 hours 32 minutes.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #921 on: July 10, 2012, 04:28:39 AM »
I think there was a boss rush you can get at. I hear it gives 10 of one, or 10 of each, based on how quickly you go through.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #922 on: July 10, 2012, 06:19:08 AM »
That's NG+ only, apparently.

I'm a little offput on fusing new party members, due to the bevy of weaknesses and lost strengths that I'd end up with in the transition, but I simply cannot continue to try to level these jerks up.
Seriously now, how realistic is 170,000 EXP for a Black Frost (base 30) Lv. 38 -> 39, compared to 127,000 for Lv. 50 -> 51 for a fresh Decarabia?

Fornax is a little annoying, but it's doable. But where are these jerks...?

theshirn

« Reply #923 on: July 10, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »
Okay, I lied. Strange Journey never stopped holding my hand :derp:

Asura almost literally could not have been an easier boss (two recovery spells and no fallen members) and Ouroborus's first form went down in less than ten minutes.
Her second form, took only slightly longer than that, and my one death was caused by the game's continuous flux of a turn order (my agility stat is forty-fucking-one, why is Black Frost moving before I am) and I still sustained half a sprinkling of casualties.

Currently in Fornax, trying to track down Those Three Stupid Things, and failing.
The first one, who bust through the wall? Damn, who was that? Well, he went down in less than ten turns >_>

Is there a reliable source of Incense in this game, by the way? Wanting to increase my stats :3

Party (despite the active party continuously changing):

47 Human Souzin Gyaku (ST 27/MA 34/VI 44/AG 42/LU 43)
44 Tyrant King Frost
41 Femme Clotho
40 Dragon Gucumatz

---
25 Divine Virtue
35 Kishin Takeminakata
39 Jaki Rakshasa
28 Raptor Zhen
38 Jaki Black Frost
42 Flight Rukh

Hhh. The demons I picked up to use for fusion fodder are rapidly becoming obsolete for even that purpose.

Tee hee hee!
I got my sister to play this game, too!
I, uh, am kind of worried, though. I think she should be much farther than Antlia 1F, Level 5, and three party members, given her current game time of 2 hours 32 minutes.
Did you use a map for Eridanus?  Because with a map/guide, SJ really isn't as bad as the SMT title might lead you to believe.  You are rather overleveled though.

Also just a fun note - my strategy of choice for Asura is to spend a couple turns buffing/debuffing, and then return all my demons and just solo him.  With the Belobog vest and a good sword, this tends to work really well and can net you around 7 or 8 levels for winning.

« Reply #924 on: July 10, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »
Knights in the Nightmare.

SO.

GOOD.

:getdown:

I knew about this game when it was new but never looked into it until now, and I sorely regret waiting all these years.  Oh man.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #925 on: July 10, 2012, 01:55:02 PM »
Did you use a map for Eridanus?  Because with a map/guide, SJ really isn't as bad as the SMT title might lead you to believe.  You are rather overleveled though.

Also just a fun note - my strategy of choice for Asura is to spend a couple turns buffing/debuffing, and then return all my demons and just solo him.  With the Belobog vest and a good sword, this tends to work really well and can net you around 7 or 8 levels for winning.

I've actually not touched maps at all this run, except for one use in Mitra's mansion, because I was wandering around for an hour looking for where to go. (Fucking Gate Search.) I've been brute forcing every dungeon so far, and it's working pretty well for me. Eridanus was hell and a half, though, but I'm glad I got it over with.
Quote from: Jimenez, paraphrased slightly
He wants us to go all over Eridanus again? I hate this place! Do you know how freaking huge it is?!

And what does 'rather overleveled' mean? :ohdear:
I was under the impression that wiping every encounter (in the dungeon you're currently in) the game tosses at you would be feasible for maintaining your level- like in every other SMT game I've ever played. (Except maybe Persona 3. Fucking tower bosses.)
That being said, optional bosses (Like the ones at the top of Eridanus) are supposed to be difficult, right?
Like, the two Devas you fight and the two Angels, who are like. "no healing magic," or "no combined Magic over 60?"

Hrr... my strategy was to full-team Co-Op two Bufudynes a turn, but I suppose that works too. Everyone in the party still gained two levels, so :toot:

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #926 on: July 11, 2012, 09:14:24 PM »
Upcoming in Majora's Mask: The Water Dungeon
Games I don't want to motivate myself to play: Majora's Mask
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Miky200

• Now until The Moment You Die.
« Reply #927 on: July 11, 2012, 09:40:18 PM »
Well i playing currently:Gta San Andreas Touhou Mod,Left 4 Dead 2,Beat Hazard,Ultimate Doom,Wolfesntein 3d Spear of Destiny and etc.

« Reply #928 on: July 12, 2012, 11:36:59 AM »
But... but... the Great Bay Temple is the best temple in the entire game. :(

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #929 on: July 13, 2012, 03:46:42 AM »
I'm taking a Touhou hiatus. What games do I want to replace it with?

DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label
DoDonPachi Original
EspGaluda
Ketsui
Guwange
Mushihimesama Futari (Apparently you're not supposed to capitalize "sama" and refer to it ONLY as Futari, one part I will comply with and the other part I declare "suck it" towards) Black Label
DonPachi

:fail: I think I have issues...

My response:

But... but... the Great Bay Temple is the best temple in the entire game. :(
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.