Author Topic: TCF Presents - a 24 Hour Gaming Event for Charity  (Read 1938 times)

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
TCF Presents - a 24 Hour Gaming Event for Charity
« on: November 07, 2013, 01:55:51 PM »

Allow me to explain what's going on here.

A couple of days ago, a group known as Power Gaming UK declared their aim to stage a 24-hour gaming marathon, in aid of Children in Need; a charity event that happens every November in the UK. As well as asking for donations, they also asked if anyone would be interested in joining them. Having not really done anything for CiN last year, I wanted to do something. And a gaming event seemed like a great idea.

After talking via emails, TCF now share a spot on the donation page, with Puppy assisting me in this mission. We (myself and Puppy) will start of our own 24-hour march that will begin at 10am on the 15th of November (that's GMT 0, being in the UK and what not) and will go on for 24 hours; finishing at 10am on the Saturday. At that point, Power Gaming UK will take over, staging their 24-hours that will take them into the 17th; that's the Sunday.

In other words, this is a 48-hour gaming marathon; split between TCF & Power Gaming UK. For charity!

The event will be streamed; meaning it'll be my first time doing so. This means my channel over at Twitch is currently being worked on. At some point, I'll be getting a couple of friends for a test stream next week, so that I can at least figure out settings I'll be needing, how much the delay will have to be, etc, etc. Some tips here would help too; the more help I get, the better. I may also accept multi-player requests for stuff like TF2, Tanks, Worms, Ticket to Ride, and a few others. But that depends on who is around, and if I'll be playing said games at all; as I'll be going through single-player games too. I may even delve into Minecraft if our own server gets updated to 1.7.2 before then.

I will be posting more information as we decide on what we'll be doing. For those wanting to donate for the cause, this is our page right here!
As said, I'll let you know what's going on later on; just wanted to get this up here first to signal boost~

{I spoke to TSO, and she said I was allowed to post this here.}

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: TCF Presents - a 24 Hour Gaming Event for Charity
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »
WHO SAID STEAK CHARITY MARATHON

oh hey this starts just after I get home from work friday morning guess I know what I'll be doing

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 04:09:31 PM »
Best of luck on this charity marathon; not sure what I can do given my own situation, but I hope this will be a success.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 09:35:45 AM »
You know, it's kind of a bad thing to be promoting this now, in hindsight; what with everything that's happening where Lloyd & Trance are...  :ohdear:

But our show must go on!

In 25 minutes, our 24-hour gaming marathon for Children in Need shall begin! Puppy will be starting then, over at PupsCustomCosplay. You don't have to stay for all of it, but you can swing by whenever you like. Puppy won't be doing any Skype stuff over that, but I might do later. I'll post my link up for when it's my turn; as I'll be at work when Puppy starts.

See you all later~ <3

----------

Okay everyone. It's my turn! Taking over from Puppy to start Part 2 of the 24 hour Gaming Event for Children in Need! http://www.twitch.tv/tamashii_kanjou

--------

Final Sector reached on FTL, and a full run through of Super Meat Boy (Start to End Boss) later, I end my very first stream. Part 3 of the 24 hour gaming marathon has now started back on Puppy's side of things; who will be continuing with Deponia from earlier.

-------

Puppy-chan has called it quits, and is now sleeping. The final part of the 24 hour marathon now begins! I'm taking this to 10am via my Twitch channel. {That's 8 hours & 25 minutes!}

Also, WE HIT OUR ?400 TARGET! SWEET SUCCESS! XD

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 12:31:51 AM »
Congratulations on hitting your donation goal.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »
Many thanks. They replied by booting it up to ?450... figures~ :V

But yeah, it was a fun day. Might stream things again... but according to Twitch, I had about 4 people who tuned in at random points. So I probably won't~

It was fun, though~