Author Topic: Succubus Manor - A sim magician game.  (Read 49674 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Succubus Manor - A sim magician game.
« Reply #780 on: December 18, 2010, 08:22:07 AM »
We should buy 41 Gems, and not convert any this week, or 45/49 and get another Tower/two towers. That will be enough to give us the 425 Gems needed for the Barrier. That'll cost about 4900/5400/5900, and we have 14k money. And MAYBE 100 Wood/Iron for 4k/4.8k money after.

split research 50-50 again, like we normally do.

Summoning a devil that brings in resources, like Kirala for Gems, increases the amount they bring in by however many were summoned(assuming mass number doesn't affect the income oddly) right? Like 3 Kirala's = 3x Gems/215 and 4 would be 4x/290?

If so to the above, we aren't building towers AND people agree to it, Summon Devil 4 times on a devil we will need to decide on.

Viable options for 4x summoning: Eskarina, Sakaki, Ferra, Kirala. Any others?

« Reply #781 on: December 18, 2010, 08:37:35 AM »
Personally, I'd like to see five Rubys running around, fightin' Nazis 'n all that. Not to mention that she's a useful devil that, if things go awry, we can afford to not have available for a few weeks.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #782 on: December 18, 2010, 03:30:59 PM »
We should buy 41 Gems, and not convert any this week, or 45/49 and get another Tower/two towers. That will be enough to give us the 425 Gems needed for the Barrier. That'll cost about 4900/5400/5900, and we have 14k money. And MAYBE 100 Wood/Iron for 4k/4.8k money after.

split research 50-50 again, like we normally do.

Summoning a devil that brings in resources, like Kirala for Gems, increases the amount they bring in by however many were summoned(assuming mass number doesn't affect the income oddly) right? Like 3 Kirala's = 3x Gems/215 and 4 would be 4x/290?

If so to the above, we aren't building towers AND people agree to it, Summon Devil 4 times on a devil we will need to decide on.

Viable options for 4x summoning: Eskarina, Sakaki, Ferra, Kirala. Any others?
All of this sounds good.
Personally, I'd like to see five Rubys running around, fightin' Nazis 'n all that. Not to mention that she's a useful devil that, if things go awry, we can afford to not have available for a few weeks.
I'd love to see this as well. :3

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #783 on: December 18, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »
Summoning a devil that brings in resources, like Kirala for Gems, increases the amount they bring in by however many were summoned(assuming mass number doesn't affect the income oddly) right?
Sorry, you've confused that with Enhance Devil, which allows the devil to double production at the cost of a week of downtime for that devil.  Summoning only gives you actions.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #784 on: December 18, 2010, 06:26:51 PM »
Sorry, you've confused that with Enhance Devil, which allows the devil to double production at the cost of a week of downtime for that devil.  Summoning only gives you actions.

So Summon does nothing but allow them to have another Special Action?

Then 5 Ruby's would make sense. Send them to get resources and cha-ching :D

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #785 on: December 18, 2010, 06:36:24 PM »

This is the correct action. Make it so.

« Reply #786 on: December 18, 2010, 08:42:26 PM »
So, two things:

First, how did you come up with the rules for this game, and, if you created it yourself, could I have a copy of it? I'm a bit interested in doing this as a side game for my D&D group.

Second, I suggest that, the week before the clocktower and the Win Game spell is cast, that there be a combined special action: all of the devils against Yuki and Mai.  :3

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #787 on: December 18, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »
First, how did you come up with the rules for this game, and, if you created it yourself, could I have a copy of it? I'm a bit interested in doing this as a side game for my D&D group.
I totally didn't make it up mostly on the fly.  I swear.

Honestly though I mainly plotted out the devils and the buildings.  The rest exploded on its own.  When the game threw a curveball at me I'd make up a die mechanic and codify it if needed.

« Reply #788 on: December 18, 2010, 09:54:05 PM »
Second, I suggest that, the week before the clocktower and the Win Game spell is cast, that there be a combined special action: all of the devils against Yuki and Mai.  :3

Only if the portal to not-MotK and subsequent Ruby raid comes the week before that. :P

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #789 on: December 19, 2010, 05:09:47 AM »
I suggest that, the week before the clocktower and the Win Game spell is cast, that there be a combined special action: all of the devils against Yuki and Mai.  :3
Only if the portal to not-MotK and subsequent Ruby raid comes the week before that. :P

So when we have whats needed to build the Tower and cast the Win game spell, we then make a portal to MotK/alternate MotK and have multiple(4-5+) Ruby's go in to raid it?

Iced Fairy: Is it possible to have Yuki or Mai acompany Ruby on a hunt/raid? Would it offer any bonus effects?

I have a plan >:D

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #790 on: December 19, 2010, 05:19:01 AM »
Iced Fairy: Is it possible to have Yuki or Mai acompany Ruby on a hunt/raid? Would it offer any bonus effects?
Of course.  Anyone can join anyone else in a special action, though some combinations don't work very well.

« Reply #791 on: December 19, 2010, 06:34:12 AM »
Actually, I think we should just go ahead and do the five Rubys now: we might need her later.

mad

« Reply #792 on: December 19, 2010, 08:20:38 AM »
buy 56 gems

build barrier

split research

summon Elspeth

Create the portal to MOTK

convert the rest of the mana to iron

1) Hibachi takes 9001 money to wheel and deal

2) Ruby hunts gems

3) Elspeth supports Hibachi and Ruby

4) fight crime (I want the levels of attacks to start lowering in preparation for the upcoming raid)

5) Eskarina aids research

6+7) Glenda and Maya go on tour

8) Chou tries to invent another cooking technique

9) Apophis builds defenses for the portal to MOTK

Make to portal one week then raid on the next

Do they need to cast break 4th wall to break the fourth wall or do they already know we are planning to have them raid another version of us?
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #793 on: December 19, 2010, 04:15:40 PM »
Do they need to cast break 4th wall to break the fourth wall or do they already know we are planning to have them raid another version of us?
This is getting so meta I don't even
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #794 on: December 20, 2010, 08:41:18 PM »
Currently the consensus seems to favor

Building:
2 defense towers

Buying: Enough Gems to build the barrier

Split Research evenly.

Summoning Ruby 5 times

Special Actions:

Run Amok in MotK x 7

However Madness Chaser's put up an alternative set.

I'll go ahead with the consensus tonight + as many of Madness Chasers Specials that fit in if there's no reconsideration.

« Reply #795 on: December 20, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »
Probably put Fighting Crime as second priority after Task Force Ruby. Where's the "x7" coming from, though? Is someone joining Ruby in the raid?

« Reply #796 on: December 20, 2010, 09:47:54 PM »
Run Amok in MotK x 7
I didn't think we'd made the portal yet, though.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #797 on: December 20, 2010, 10:10:39 PM »
I didn't think we'd made the portal yet, though.
You have a stargate due to a special action.

Also it's x7 because Yuki and Mai were tagging along.

mad

« Reply #798 on: December 21, 2010, 12:51:05 AM »
If you use the run amok in Motk times seven, I definitely want Elspeth supporting
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #799 on: December 21, 2010, 04:19:09 AM »
Week 37 Results

Build Phase

Joan: "That should be the last tower needed.  We've got almost all the approaches covered."

You added 2 x defense tower.

Research Phase

Research for Patchouli: 807

Win Game: 560

Yuki: "Hm...  Win Game will take at least 300 mana."

Spells:

Yuki: "Alright!  Let's try this out!"

You Summon Ruby 5 times.

Event
Quote from: Fluff
Yuki opened her eyes as she completed the spell.  She smiled as she saw 5 Rubys standing before her.

Then she frowned as she realized the world was black and white, and unmoving.

She looked around.  Mai should be standing at the back of the room, but she was gone.

"Mai?!" Yuki called.  There was no answer.  She started to feel worried.  "Allouette?!  Elspeth?!"

"Mai is elsewhere.  I thought it best to seperate you two."  Yuki whirled to find and elderly man wearing a dark suit and a bowler hat looking at her.  "Now, Yuki was it?  You've done a little too much time magic, so I've stopped time for a bit.  I want you to sit here and think about what you've done."

"Who are you?  How'd you get here!?" Yuki yelled.

"I am Chronus.  And I got here because you summoned me."  The man bowed slightly.  "I am a paradox spirit."

Yuki felt fear stab through her at that.  She'd only heard rumors of the wandering spirits that prevented mages from destroying the universe, but the older mages all seemed to quiet when they were mentioned.

Still it was far more likely this was a trick.  She summoned a blast of fire to remove the man.  "Well then, let's test this!"

The man sighed and waved his hand as the fireball approached him.  It seemed to flicker, then shrink to nothingness.  "Well I guess you need more time to think.  You may call me when you wish to set things right."

Then he was gone.

---

Yuki didn't know how long she wandered the frozen hallways of her mansion.  What's worse is it seemed like time was smoving when she wasn't there, but as soon as she stepped into a room, the occupants would stand there.  Frozen in a moment.

And she couldn't find Mai anywhere.

She tried treating it like an elaborate puzzle.  She tried looking up some limited time spells.  She worked through every mental charm and illusion dispelling technique she could think of, all to no avail.

Finally she couldn't stand it any more.

"Chronus!  Chronus!  You win!  I'll do whatever it is I need to do!  Just let me out of this time trap!"

The man appeared in front of her.  "Ah.  So you're ready to go back then?"

Yuki twitched, "I've been ready for some time.  What do I do to get out."

The man smiled and pulled out a pocket watch.  "Simple.  You must dispell your casting, and stay away from time magic for, oh 4 weeks I say.  Simple isn't it."

Yuki nodded.  "Fine, fine.  I'll do it.  Just let me and Mai out."

"Very well.  I shall take your word for it.  Don't disapoint me now."

And the colors returned to the world.

"Miss Yuki!"

"Miss Mai!"

Yuki looked around to find herself in the middle of the dinning room, surrounded by her devil servants.  Mai was looking around as well, just as confused.

Then she was burried under at least 4 devils.  "You're back!"  "I thought you were gone forever mistress!"  "Where did you go!?"

Yuki just hugged the little devils back.  She was finally home again.

After a few minutes they each returned to their feet, to find Alouette standing before them.  "Welcome home my masters.  Everything is in good repair.  Just as you left it."  There was only the slightest tremor in her voice as she continued.  "We are glad to see you home again."

Yuki gently removed "Shotglass" from her ankles then walked over and hugged the head maid, with Mai soon following.  "Thank you Alouette.  I'm sure you've all done very well."

Once again, despite all the madness they caused, Yuki was glad they'd taken in these devils.
Event:TIME PARADOX.  A paradox spirit banished you beyond time and space for 6 weeks.  Fortunately Alouette kept everything together in your absence.
6 weeks pass.
Gained 32 stress.  Work was halved.  Lost 0 (17 - 18) morale.

I warned that it would be interesting.  Not good.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #800 on: December 21, 2010, 04:19:18 AM »
Week 43

Current Stats
Wood1448Gems635
Iron702Money15451
Research185Mana200
Defense405Notoriety229
Stress22%Morale180/180
Income - 3393 + 38

First post for current devil list

Market
AssetBuy PriceSell Price
Wood4029
Gems120100
Iron4837

Build - You can build the following structures:
Clock Tower3000 wood, 3000 ironThe Finishing Touch.  Wins the game.  Prince decreases as other build paths are completed.
Barrier425 gemsImpassible Defense.  Defense Tower bonus is multiplied by the number of towers.
Research - You can research the following things.  Spells in italics are halfway finished.
Win Game: 560
Research for Patchouli: 807

Spells - You may cast the following spells:
Name Devil - 100 mana - All done! :)
Call Rain - 20 mana - Gets you rain.
Control Weather - 60 mana - Name a weather type, any weather type...
Create Money - 1 mana - Creates $2
Create Wood - 5 mana - Creates 1 wood
Create Iron - 10 mana - Creates 1 iron
Create Gems - 20 mana - Creates 1 gem
Transmute Gem to Wood - 5 mana 1 gem - Creates 40 wood
Transmute Gem to Iron- 10 mana 1 gem - Creates 20 iron
Charm Devil - 10 mana - Removes negative mental effects from a devil.  Costs morale.
Cure Devil - 30 mana - Heals a Devil of any physical condition. Removing Death costs 5 gems more.
Dig - 30 mana - Decreases building costs by 10 wood and iron.  Usable once per structure.
Create Foundation - 100 mana - Increase building discount by 5%
Enhance Devil - 50 mana - Doubles Devils effectiveness at the cost of a week of exhaustion.
Devil Trigger - 200 mana - Doubles Devils effectiveness
Demonic Summoning - 50 mana - +1 special action.  Activated devils can act again.
Empower Gem - 1 gem 100 mana - Gives you 50 mana to use later.
Money Tree - 1 gem, 5 mana - Ads 5 income
Planar Portal - 10 gems 50 mana or 15 gems 100 mana - Creates a portal to a location inside/outside of Makai.

Special Actions - Maximum 7 - Limit one per devil/magician
Stress Relief - Helepolis.  Removes d10+15 stress.
Grind levels - Ruby.  Helps (slowly but safely) level Ruby and gets random drops.
Dance Party - Requires Dancer, Bartender.  Devils do not become bored at the end of the week.   Morale may be gained, and stress may be gained or lost depending on RNG.  This party costs d4 * 4d10 in cash.  Butler can decrease the multiplier.
Forge Tool - Ferra.  Once per devil spend $1000 and 5 gems to gain a level.
Support - Elspeth.  By using her action one special action automatically succeeds.
Fight Crime - Mai.  This weeks event is canceled and reduces notoriety.  Mai and Yuki may be injured.
Write in

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #801 on: December 21, 2010, 04:48:37 AM »
>Abandon studies of Win Game. This Chronus bitch gotta pay. Study Contain Chronus instead.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #802 on: December 21, 2010, 05:24:22 AM »
>Abandon studies of Win Game. This Chronus bitch gotta pay. Study Contain Chronus instead.
Sorry, neither Yuki nor Mai has the resources availible to advance to Prime 5.

« Reply #803 on: December 21, 2010, 05:49:54 AM »
I'm surprised so little morale was lost from that, really.

Anyways, that was a little upsetting, but oh well. Let's start storing mana in some gems. Empower one gem per week for the next four weeks. Let's also have Helepolis give Yuki and Mai a full spa treatment.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #804 on: December 21, 2010, 06:21:51 AM »
I'm surprised so little morale was lost from that, really.
Yeah, I don't know what got sacrificed to the RNG, but you lost 1d12 morale each week.  -3 per die for Alouette.  No die roll was above 3.

You owe that maid big time.

« Reply #805 on: December 21, 2010, 06:24:42 AM »
Yeah, I don't know what got sacrificed to the RNG, but you lost 1d12 morale each week.  -3 per die for Alouette.  No die roll was above 3.

You owe that maid big time.
Oh, I agree. Which is why Alouette get Mai this week.  :3

Ow ow stop hitting me ow ow.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #806 on: December 21, 2010, 07:01:26 AM »
Sorry, neither Yuki nor Mai has the resources availible to advance to Prime 5.

>Then we gonna get them. Bitch wanna start some, he damn well better be ready to finish it.

« Reply #807 on: December 21, 2010, 07:24:17 AM »
>Then we gonna get them. Bitch wanna start some, he damn well better be ready to finish it.
We'll have to wait for the DLC for that.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #808 on: December 21, 2010, 07:29:36 AM »
We'll have to wait for the DLC for that.

Do you see this post count? I got enough points to afford that shit. Now let's put this punk's ass in a bottle and give it to Shinki if he don't give us back them siz weeks plus interest plus court costs plus emotional damages. Shit, we can probably get the Nethack boys in on this, they'd have to love a piece of the XP they'd get for that bitch.

« Reply #809 on: December 21, 2010, 08:02:44 AM »
Do you see this post count? I got enough points to afford that shit. Now let's put this punk's ass in a bottle and give it to Shinki if he don't give us back them siz weeks plus interest plus court costs plus emotional damages. Shit, we can probably get the Nethack boys in on this, they'd have to love a piece of the XP they'd get for that bitch.
Wow, you're pretty riled up about that guy.

Anyways, might as well build the barrier now, as well. After using 100 mana to empower a gem, we have another 100 to play with. Would it be better to use that remaining mana to discount the barrier, saving us 21 gems, or just go ahead and create iron with the mana and spare gems?