Author Topic: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 5 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)  (Read 153467 times)

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
Re: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 5 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)
« Reply #930 on: February 20, 2012, 03:02:23 PM »
Yes, it's possible. Use Obj_Create(OBJ_SINUATE_LASER)and then process it with proper functions

Hmm... So I create an Object Sinuate Laser... But then how does the damage work? I'm guessing I'd have to set Player Collision to false, and then object collision to true? I'm still confused about how the damage would work properly, since using AddLife with negative numbers would be a set amount of damage... I'd like it if damage rates could be factored in O.o (I'm guessing that commondata could be used to do this per enemy, but that seems so tedious x.x)

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #931 on: February 20, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »
Hmm... So I create an Object Sinuate Laser... But then how does the damage work? I'm guessing I'd have to set Player Collision to false, and then object collision to true? I'm still confused about how the damage would work properly, since using AddLife with negative numbers would be a set amount of damage... I'd like it if damage rates could be factored in O.o (I'm guessing that commondata could be used to do this per enemy, but that seems so tedious x.x)
Wat? Doesn't ObjShot_SetDamage work for curvy lasers? :wat: Man, i never scripted something with curvy lasers (especially player script lol) and there's a word on wiki that not all functions working with regular lasers will work with curvy, so try ObjShot_SetDamage on your laser (remember it sets damage rate per frame it collides an enemy, so dont enter much) and tell if it works. Also regular player's lasers may need ObjShot_SetPenetration defined, but i dunno if it works for curvy lasers. Try to set it too.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:13:21 PM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #932 on: February 21, 2012, 02:29:30 AM »
Hmm... I'll be sure to try that the next time I get on danmakufu(been busy trying to beat Marine Benefit and stuff). Btw, how can you make angled rotation around a point? I know you can do rotation in a perfect circle around a point with sin and cos functions. I'm guessing that to angle it a certain way you'll have to adjust the "radius" when sin and cos are performed to make it more of an oval-like shape than a sphere? I must learn how to accurately do this, so I can make a spell similar to the one Marine Benefit where there's a rotating sphere of glowy bullets with the ones "in the back" not having hitbox detection(that part I know, it's just the rotation I need help on @@).

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #933 on: February 21, 2012, 09:20:05 AM »
Hmm... I'll be sure to try that the next time I get on danmakufu(been busy trying to beat Marine Benefit and stuff). Btw, how can you make angled rotation around a point? I know you can do rotation in a perfect circle around a point with sin and cos functions. I'm guessing that to angle it a certain way you'll have to adjust the "radius" when sin and cos are performed to make it more of an oval-like shape than a sphere? I must learn how to accurately do this, so I can make a spell similar to the one Marine Benefit where there's a rotating sphere of glowy bullets with the ones "in the back" not having hitbox detection(that part I know, it's just the rotation I need help on @@).
That spell you're talking about is not about just "rotation". It's just a projection of rotating 3D sphere with points on it's surface. You need to process all 3D coordinates in array of points as if you managed a real 3D sphere, but use only x and y for onscreen projection and z for detecting if point is on foreground or background.
Also i dont get what do you mean by "angeled rotation" aroud the point. If you mean tilting the virtual plane in wich point goes in circle - yeah, that's another way to do the same pattern. But i'd prefer first method cause once scripted it allows you manipulate any array of 3D points in that way, not only sphere.

Well. After playing some time with danmakufu i've made this sample It uses spherical coordinates for initial sphere points enumerating and then rotation matrix for rotating it around two axises. See links in the script comments. Those bullets meant to be on backside of sphere are drawn as effect objects.

Also, i'm not sure that in original spell from MB extra those "background" bullets have no hitboxes. Afair i've tried to dodge them all.

And i've adjusted it a little to make it a fun spellcard download
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:34:29 PM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #934 on: February 21, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
Whoa. I just tested that script, and it looks just like the spellcard *O* But I think I'll stick to using only bomb resistant object bullets that change alpha value and character detection in accordance to its z-value(like you did, except you switched the places of the effect and shot is all).

But the problem is that I'm not that great with advanced math yet @@. I've read the articles that you've linked to, but I'm confused by the symbols used in the diagrams/formulas. If it's possible, could you briefly explain some of the logic behind doing     r * sin(a) * cos(b)   and all of that stuff to find the coordinates? Rotation I'm not even going into yet, prolly. I'm the type of learner that learns best when I know the use of it, or how it's being applied or however you say it, apparently ._." Teachers get annoyed when I ask about the logic behind every single concept x.x

And who knows? Maybe understanding the mechanics of 3-d rotation will be easier once I manage to grasp 3-d placement/coordinates ^^

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #935 on: February 22, 2012, 12:39:31 AM »
But I think I'll stick to using only bomb resistant object bullets that change alpha value and character detection in accordance to its z-value
Hmm.. How can an object bullet change it's alpha value (without changing graphics) and interaction with player's hibox? :wat:
But the problem is that I'm not that great with advanced math yet @@. I've read the articles that you've linked to, but I'm confused by the symbols used in the diagrams/formulas. If it's possible, could you briefly explain some of the logic behind doing     r * sin(a) * cos(b)   and all of that stuff to find the coordinates? Rotation I'm not even going into yet, prolly. I'm the type of learner that learns best when I know the use of it, or how it's being applied or however you say it, apparently ._." Teachers get annoyed when I ask about the logic behind every single concept x.x

And who knows? Maybe understanding the mechanics of 3-d rotation will be easier once I manage to grasp 3-d placement/coordinates ^^
Oh well. It's not necessary to understand some advanced math just to use the formulas to calculate stuff. But ok, i'll try to describe "easily" how those functions work.

First, spherical coordinates. Imagine a globe where you have latitude and longitude to define a location on it's surface. Those are actually two angles, like shown on this picture
One - between Z axis and radius to point, another - between projection of that radius on XY plane and X axis.

So with two cycles for two angles and a given radius you can easily arrange them on a sphere surface (radius is processed in point task)
Code: [Select]
ascent(i in 0..30){
ascent(j in 0..15){
Point(i*12,j*12);
}
}
And to derive onscreen coordinates for those bullets (and their z for depth effect) here's a formula for coordinate conversion:

If you're confused how it works, it's pretty easy 2-step operation. r * sin(a) is actually a length of radius projection on XY plane. And to find X coordinate of it you have to multiply it by cos(b) (and by sin(b) for Y). Just look one more time at the picture and you'll get it. This way the initial coordinates of bullets are calculated:
if(rad<272){
//Definition of sphere points. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_coordinate_system#Cartesian_coordinates
x0=rad*sin(a)*cos(b);
y0=rad*sin(a)*sin(b);
z0=rad*cos(a);
}
As i dont do any manipulation with them, and dont change the radius once it reaches maximum, there's no need to calculate them always, so there goes if.

Now we can proceed to rotation. From this point it doesnt matter if we have a perfect sphere of points or whatever. You can draw a cube if you want or something else (try to add a+=rand(-2,2); b+=rand(-2,2); before while in a task ;) )
The most common way to rotate a 3D point around one of axises is using rotation matrices as described here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotation_matrix#In_three_dimensions

If you dont know what is vector multiplication by matrix i'll describe it like that: Your certain point you want to rotate around some axis is represented by it's initial coordinates [x0, y0, z0]. To rotate it around X axis for example by an angle of a you have to do following equations:

x = M1,1 * x0 + M1,2 * y0 + M1,3 * z0
y = M2,1 * x0 + M2,2 * y0 + M2,3 * z0
z = M3,1 * x0 + M3,2 * y0 + M3,3 * z0
   where M1,2 is a value from 1st row and 2nd column of rotaion matrix and so on.

The first one above is a rotation matrix for rotation around X axis, wich controlled by ang1 value in my script. Omiting zeros, we'll get this
x=x0;
y=y0*cos(ang1)-z0*sin(ang1);
z=y0*sin(ang1)+z0*cos(ang1);
By applying this we'll get our sphere (or whatever bunch of points) rotatin around X axis on screen.
And then we're doing the same thing but for rotating around Y axis. Just use second matrix for it:
xtmp=x; // Needed to save x value for z calculation
x=x*cos(ang2)+z*sin(ang2);
z=-xtmp*sin(ang2)+z*cos(ang2);
I used an additional variable xtmp to store x value so it wont get corrupt on z calculation.

And that's it! Now the complexity of the pattern highly depends on how are you going to rotate it. It can easily go from "omg it's so fun and confusing!" to "how the fuck should i dodge this mindfuck?!" Hope you understood my wall of text i've written here, cause i cant describe it any easier :yukkuri:

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #936 on: February 22, 2012, 01:24:22 AM »
I see... so the one on the XY plane is like longitude, going from each pole of the earth, and the one between the z-axis and the radius to point is like latitude, distance from the equator, only this time it starts at the top and goes down.

from what I see, the Ascent loop with "i" represents  the number of bullets that are in each "circle" of the "sphere", while the ascent with "j" represents the number of "circles" that are spawned in the "sphere", with the multipliers determining the space between each bullet or circle.

Oh and it's really simple to change alpha really. Unless your bullet is custom-defined with a certain alpha value, you can just use "Obj_SetAlpha(id,alpha);" to set the alpha value to either 255(solid) or 128(about halfway transparent?). As for the bullets at the "poles", they overlap each other, so a special exception can be made with them by using an if statement (if a==0||a==180, which are the beginning and midway-points on the "circles") and setting the alpha to 128/j, j being the same number used in the ascent loop before(this is just for aesthetics, unless you want a solid-looking bullet in the background messing up your mind). Hitbox detection for object bullets are defaulted to on, but you can use "ObjShot_SetCollisionToPlayer(id,true/false);" to set it yourself, and it can be set again and again.

I think I'm pretty much good on the creation of "3-d" bullets, but I'm gonna look over the rotation stuff just a little bit more ^^"

EDIT: Ooops! I forgot to tell you how much this has been of use to me O: Thank you SO much~
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:25:57 AM by xForeverFanaticx »

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #937 on: February 22, 2012, 01:42:14 AM »
I see... so the one on the XY plane is like longitude, going from each pole of the earth, and the one between the z-axis and the radius to point is like latitude, distance from the equator, only this time it starts at the top and goes down.

from what I see, the Ascent loop with "i" represents  the number of bullets that are in each "circle" of the "sphere", while the ascent with "j" represents the number of "circles" that are spawned in the "sphere", with the multipliers determining the space between each bullet or circle.

Oh and it's really simple to change alpha really. Unless your bullet is custom-defined with a certain alpha value, you can just use "Obj_SetAlpha(id,alpha);" to set the alpha value to either 255(solid) or 128(about halfway transparent?). As for the bullets at the "poles", they overlap each other, so a special exception can be made with them by using an if statement (if a==0||a==180, which are the beginning and midway-points on the "circles") and setting the alpha to 128/j, j being the same number used in the ascent loop before(this is just for aesthetics, unless you want a solid-looking bullet in the background messing up your mind). Hitbox detection for object bullets are defaulted to on, but you can use "ObjShot_SetCollisionToPlayer(id,true/false);" to set it yourself, and it can be set again and again.

I think I'm pretty much good on the creation of "3-d" bullets, but I'm gonna look over the rotation stuff just a little bit more ^^"

EDIT: Ooops! I forgot to tell you how much this has been of use to me O: Thank you SO much~
Yeah, you got it pretty right. Except it's i cycle that enumerates circles and j wich "draws" half a circle (to avoid redundant bullets).
Hmm i'm using CtC shotsheet as a shotreplace. Seems like it has no predefined alpha in shotdata, but i dont remember if i ever sucessfully changed it that way. Thanks for the tip, i'll try. Also i've never thought of SetCollisionToPlayer (never used it) so here comes object doubling nonsense you can see in my script :blush:
You're welcome! Now make something cool with this knowledge ;)

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #938 on: February 22, 2012, 01:54:06 AM »
Oh! I see now. That makes much more sense with the latitude/longitude idea~ Oh and yeah, I see how the j cycle works know (stupid brain didn't process the fact that j cycle would run "twice" for each time the i cycle ran (in reality it just runs all "x" times per loop of i), and the i cycle draws twice the number of "circles" since j draws half circles.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #939 on: February 22, 2012, 02:08:27 AM »
Oh! I see now. That makes much more sense with the latitude/longitude idea~ Oh and yeah, I see how the j cycle works know (stupid brain didn't process the fact that j cycle would run "twice" for each time the i cycle ran (in reality it just runs all "x" times per loop of i), and the i cycle draws twice the number of "circles" since j draws half circles.
More correct i cycle goes all around 360 degrees so there's no need for j cycle to draw full circles as it will make bullets double. So it draws half a circle wich been rotated 360* produces full sphere.

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #940 on: February 25, 2012, 01:30:02 AM »
Quick question: If you had an if statement of some sort like this:

if(A && B || C && D){}

would the requirement be met if:

A and B, or C and D were met?
OR
A, B or C, and D were met?

I know it'd be safer to just use brackets, but I was wondering this~

Drake

« Reply #941 on: February 25, 2012, 02:06:36 AM »
It's nearly always NOT then AND then OR. I'm sure Danmakufu is no exception.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #942 on: February 25, 2012, 08:20:53 AM »
At the risk of coming off as a jackass:

Why ask when you can easily test this yourself?
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #943 on: February 25, 2012, 01:35:53 PM »
It's nearly always NOT then AND then OR. I'm sure Danmakufu is no exception.
I remember encountering this one time where AND worked with same priority as OR. It was like (x || y || z && a) and worked exactly like (x || y || z) && a for some reason. Though i've neved done any investigations to prove or deny this.

Drake

« Reply #944 on: February 25, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
Shell scripting, for one, I think is leftright in terms of logic. Most languages have priorities, but I'd imagine contexts where syntax is parsed on the fly it reads left to right. However, due to how logical OR works, that statement seems to be equivalent to (z && a). OR doesn't take priority, so it should just continue regardless of the results of x and y. This is why AND usually takes priority in the first place. In this case, (x || y || z && a) would test x, then regardless of return value it would test y, then regardless it would test z, then if z returned true it would test a, and if a returned true then the statement would execute. If everything's kept at the same priority I'm not sure how your situation would have worked.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #945 on: February 25, 2012, 11:00:04 PM »
Shell scripting, for one, I think is leftright in terms of logic. Most languages have priorities, but I'd imagine contexts where syntax is parsed on the fly it reads left to right. However, due to how logical OR works, that statement seems to be equivalent to (z && a). OR doesn't take priority, so it should just continue regardless of the results of x and y. This is why AND usually takes priority in the first place. In this case, (x || y || z && a) would test x, then regardless of return value it would test y, then regardless it would test z, then if z returned true it would test a, and if a returned true then the statement would execute. If everything's kept at the same priority I'm not sure how your situation would have worked.
I should do some tests to see what actually happens with different statement layouts. As for mine issue, at first i had something like if(x || y || z) and then i wanted it to perform if only like a is true. So i actually wanted it to be something like if((x || y || z)&&a) but instead i wrote it like if(x || y || z && a) and it worked the same way.

Ah. Found it. That one in inner brackets.
if(GetEnemyInfo(id,ENEMY_LIFE) && GetEnemyInfo(id,ENEMY_LIFE)!=666666 && !(id==laseraims[0] || id==laseraims[1] || id==laseraims[2] || id==laseraims[3] && GetEnemyNum-GetCommonData("dummies") > num))
It executed with every id==laseraims not only the last one.

Oh. Here some test that does same shit http://pastebin.com/EmKGTJbK The blue one shouldn't been shot considering your logic, right?

Also, just added to it
if(true || false || false && false){CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,3,90,PURPLE03,0);}And guess what happens?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:21:26 PM by MMX »

« Reply #946 on: March 11, 2012, 03:49:47 AM »
Here's a bit of weird question, I saw that Shoot the Bullet mechanics are possible in danmakufu but what about the Fairy Wars mechanics? Iv'e been thinking of some fun Fairy Wars patterns that are meant to be frozen rather than 100% dodging. My current project's world also includes Yetis in the canon which works well with the freezing gimmick, and I have some potential boss characters planned for essentially a short side project for when I'm stumped on my actual project.

My theory is that even if Danmakufu has available tools for making a player with the danmaku freezing mechanic, that it might be too much for it to handle, and might lag during more intensive freezes.

But I just wanted to know what the higher ups thought, if they tackled or even succeeded making a character with a danmaku freezer a-la Fairy Wars.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Drake

« Reply #947 on: March 11, 2012, 04:07:56 AM »
It's possible in the exact same way that an StB system is, but you basically need to script up the whole system and it's very likely that it'll lag DNH to hell because of its object management. It lags when ZUN codes it from scratch, so it's almost certain that it'll lag DNH.

« Reply #948 on: March 11, 2012, 04:12:02 AM »
It's possible in the exact same way that an StB system is, but you basically need to script up the whole system and it's very likely that it'll lag DNH to hell because of its object management. It lags when ZUN codes it from scratch, so it's almost certain that it'll lag DNH.

Yeah a thoery I had would be to have the ice dissapear as it chains, so there would be a limit, but this would make the ice significantly more challenging to use on patterns that depends on using the ice specifically as a shield rather than getting rid of walls and lines...I dunno, really wanting to execute this side game XD

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #949 on: March 11, 2012, 03:08:14 PM »
Danmaku freezing is possible to do in danmakufu, but it's mostly not about player's script, but the patterns themselves. You cant create some "universal Cirno" player wich can freeze every danmaku script. If you wanna make a full game from it, you should start from coding object bullets wich can be freezed.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #950 on: March 11, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »
I haven't tested this myself, but object management and such should be a lot easier and a lot faster on ph3. If you want to try something that complicated, I'd advise you to start learning the newer version.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Drake

« Reply #951 on: March 11, 2012, 09:45:57 PM »
Plus, you can actually get all the bullet objects on the screen in ph3 with the GetShotIdInCircle functions, IIRC.

« Reply #952 on: March 12, 2012, 01:04:11 AM »
Plus, you can actually get all the bullet objects on the screen in ph3 with the GetShotIdInCircle functions, IIRC.

Oh what! you can? Ive been missing out aparently! this side game might be in the new version while my current project will remain in the old version, speaking of which I really need to finish prepping that demo...

« Reply #953 on: March 12, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »
I have a few questions here:

Is it possible to "ALPHA blend" the lasers instead of "ADD blend" it?

How do you make the spellcard background look like Mamizou/Kyoukou's background...as in the picture seems to come out from a point. For example, Mamizou's background has those bird-like things coming out from the moon.

« Reply #954 on: March 12, 2012, 01:59:59 PM »
I have a few questions here:

How do you make the spellcard background look like Mamizou/Kyoukou's background...as in the picture seems to come out from a point. For example, Mamizou's background has those bird-like things coming out from the moon.

I'm still working on those types of backgrounds too, I tried making one using danmakufu's effect objects, I got close a couple of times bit it always looks very off. But I know it's done with effect objects, it's the only way I know of to distort image files in danmakufu. I'd post some kind of example if mine worked~ XD

« Reply #955 on: March 12, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »
I'm still working on those types of backgrounds too, I tried making one using danmakufu's effect objects, I got close a couple of times bit it always looks very off. But I know it's done with effect objects, it's the only way I know of to distort image files in danmakufu. I'd post some kind of example if mine worked~ XD
I thought of making the picture scale bigger and bigger and fade off, then add the same picture with 0 scale, then repeat the process, but it will look kind of untidy... :X

« Reply #956 on: March 12, 2012, 06:46:38 PM »
I feel really bad about asking this question because it's something that should be really basic, I actualy read several tutorials for this but no matter what nothing works.

I'm trying get my stage script to limit the use of the two protagonists of my game, so I wrote down #PLAYER[.\Player\Player.txt] where it should go, but gives me an error each time, I tried with the full path, I tried with the same kind of path as the tutorials, but it keeps doing the same thing, it tells me the player script isnt in the Script folder, because it's not, it's in the Player folder, which is outside the script folder, where it should be right?

I just wonder what others did different ><

« Reply #957 on: March 12, 2012, 07:42:09 PM »
Hey everyone, just registered to ask a couple questions:

1. Is it possible for me to use snippets of a SFX file with different voices? (I got a voice pack I found with the voices seperated. I don't wanna have to cut it all apart, seeing as it takes hours).
2. Any possible way to make the character say something when they die and respawn?

Thanks in advance :D.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #958 on: March 12, 2012, 10:04:39 PM »
#Player[..playerpathplayer.txt] will work

Drake

« Reply #959 on: March 13, 2012, 12:37:21 AM »
Only if you draw and it yourself, i.e. you aren't using the included laser functions.

I'd guess it's a rectangular image (it is rectangular btw) that's warped around (strip) to make a ring, and is just expanded outwards. If you actually had a circle image all you could really do is make it bigger, so that's probably it.