Author Topic: Guilty Alice! ROUND 14 OVERRR  (Read 251195 times)

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 6 voting!
« Reply #480 on: May 09, 2013, 04:58:30 AM »
Well... guess it's a good thing we get a new one every week :'U

+2 Merp Really unique!
+1 KazeSenshi Kaze, you really are improving!

Kitten4u, your coloring isn't bad, and you've got a nice style. What is she doing with her arm though?
Sixten, it's sad to see you retire. You're a great artist, and despite saying you didn't put as much into this last drawing, I would have definitely voted for it if I had the chance.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:51:10 AM by HawFlakes »

KrackoCloud

« Reply #481 on: May 09, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »
So I'm sure some of you have seen it, but Rou is holding a contest!
It hasn't been getting activity, so I'm planning on either holding either a joint game with it for a week, or extending the Week 7 deadline by several days to encourage more people to do Rou's contest.

The main thing is if you guys are okay with this. If I get a lot of opposition, then I won't go for it, but considering how Guilty Alice is an unofficial community thing, I feel like we should emphasize other events first. Please let me know if you're against this - otherwise, it's going to happen.

That being said, regardless of what happens, I'm encouraging you to give Rou's contest a go. It has prizes!

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #482 on: May 09, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »
+2 Kaze_Senshi
+1 Merp

The level of detail in the clothes and stuff is what won me over with Kaze's entry.  It's really interesting to look at.
I really like the way Sasha's outfit turned out in Merp's, and as simple as the background is, it turned out really well.  Shows her ability well and creates and interesting atmosphere.

@Kracko
The left one is supposed to show some kind of mischievous giggle.  The right one is just pointing, the arm is just about half as long as it should be and I didn't notice until after I finished. :V  I noticed Sugar's sleeves are super long in her art, so I thought it'd be cute to do something like that.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 6!
« Reply #483 on: May 09, 2013, 10:59:23 PM »
+2 Merp
+1 Kitten4u

Some fast feedbacks:

*Zil: Maybe doing the filling with pen stroking in the same direction (like a pattern) could make it look better.
*Vento...: It has too many frames
*Desu_Cake: It looks like she is asking to someone give food in her mouth, maybe you drew it thinking this way, if you didn't I think that it is a bit strange;
*EP: I don't know why but when I see someone playing an instrument I look how his hands are playing it, so I think that you should try to work more on hands when drawing someone playing an instrument.

Sixten (Can't vote for this)

whoops, forgot to post about this

I ask for all future theme-setters to think a little more carefully before deciding on a theme, because I thought we weren't supposed to vote for which drawing is best in terms of quality, but for the one that expresses the theme the best. This week's theme however, does not allow for the latter.

I don't agree with what you said about this week's theme. I think that since this week's theme is about characters who weren't so popular here like the ZUN's 2hus, you should transmit the character's personality and features using your drawing  to express better the theme. It isn't just about "drawing skills", you have to use your imagination and put elements to give an extra background about the OC to the viewer.

So I'm sure some of you have seen it, but Rou is holding a contest!
It hasn't been getting activity, so I'm planning on either holding either a joint game with it for a week, or extending the Week 7 deadline by several days to encourage more people to do Rou's contest.

The main thing is if you guys are okay with this. If I get a lot of opposition, then I won't go for it, but considering how Guilty Alice is an unofficial community thing, I feel like we should emphasize other events first. Please let me know if you're against this - otherwise, it's going to happen.

That being said, regardless of what happens, I'm encouraging you to give Rou's contest a go. It has prizes!

For me it's OKAY to "skip" a week to join in this contest but this week's winner won't be able to choose the next theme right?

+2 Contest-theme
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 6!
« Reply #484 on: May 09, 2013, 11:32:51 PM »
For me it's OKAY to "skip" a week to join in this contest but this week's winner won't be able to choose the next theme right?
Hello~
Sorry to intervene, but I'll just say that if this goes through, the way I was intending for it to be was that whoever won this week would choose the theme for the week after my contest ends. (The prize for the contest is, well, PRIZES.)

Actually, while I'm here, I hope you don't mind if I throw in a vote:

+2 Merp This might be the best Sasha Sashiromiya art I've ever seen. (I know there isn't much, but still. :P)
+1 Kaze This will sound strange, but the massive hair accessory really threw off my sense of proportion. :V Great job on the detail, though!

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #485 on: May 10, 2013, 02:42:27 AM »
+2 Bound: Something is off with the feet, but otherwise it's a gorgeous picture. I like that sponge/coral thing in the foreground.

+1 Merp: Stunning, particularly given the speed at which you did this.

Arkeden: Wouldn't it have been simpler to have the panty-thief in the foreground running toward the camera with the other girl chasing behind her? No need for those portrait bubbles.

Zil: Not bad. The hat should be bigger, so that the inner edge of the brim can fit around the head.

Vento: You can pretty much win whenever you want, so you're entitled to a break every now and then.

KazeSenshi: Nice details. Try to imagine the legs continuing beyond the frame to make the pose look balanced. She looks like she's about to tip over to the right of the frame.

Vyrien: You're obviously taking it easy here, but your skill is still apparent.

Desu_Cake: I would have added the hands. People talk with their hands as much as with their face.

KrackoCloud: The ring finger knuckle on the right hand seems to stick out a bit much, but otherwise, great job.

Kitten4u: Not a fan of the style, but it's clear you've got good coloring technique.

EP: The mandolin could be more technically precise. The strings aren't continuous from one side of the right hand to the other, and she needs a shoulder strap (like with a guitar) or to carry the instrument in the crook of her elbow to be able to play without it falling down.

Dr. House: So will Week 7's theme be to draw the aquatic version of a character? I'm up for that as long as I can keep my retired status (not obliged to put forth any significant effort, and automatically disqualified from any votes or judgment.)

KrackoCloud

« Reply #486 on: May 10, 2013, 03:03:48 AM »
Dr. House: So will Week 7's theme be to draw the aquatic version of a character? I'm up for that as long as I can keep my retired status (not obliged to put forth any significant effort, and automatically disqualified from any votes or judgment.)
His contest would not be an official Guilty Alice week, I believe. It's more like we're pausing it so that other contests/events can get more attention.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #487 on: May 10, 2013, 03:11:46 AM »
Finally, EP's drawing would benefit greatly from cleaner lineart and coloring, but welp, there's only so much you can do when you're having a busy week.
Yeah, it looks hasty indeed.
Perhaps a lack of control in the inking procedure? Seems to be a consistent fallacy.

*EP: I don't know why but when I see someone playing an instrument I look how his hands are playing it, so I think that you should try to work more on hands when drawing someone playing an instrument.
Oi, should've done that. Did use a rough pose but that didn't do justice. Plus the hand definitely is looking too flat and stiff.

EP: The mandolin could be more technically precise. The strings aren't continuous from one side of the right hand to the other, and she needs a shoulder strap (like with a guitar) or to carry the instrument in the crook of her elbow to be able to play without it falling down.
Mhm, definitely drew that with little attention. Yay for forgetting to include that. :|

Ratings for now with critique to follow later:
+2 KazeSenshi
+1 Merp
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #488 on: May 10, 2013, 06:32:37 AM »
I was already working on something for Rou's contest, so not being the only one would be awesome!

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #489 on: May 10, 2013, 01:04:34 PM »
+2 KazeSenshi
+1 Merp

Lots of improvement for Kaze and I really love the detail, the concept, and the style!

Merp is just gorgeous as always <3

pineyappled

« Reply #490 on: May 11, 2013, 12:55:05 AM »
+2 Vento

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #491 on: May 11, 2013, 01:33:21 AM »
+2 Kaze dat improvement
+1 Merple dat gorgeous
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

KrackoCloud

Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 6 results!
« Reply #492 on: May 11, 2013, 06:23:01 PM »
Guilty Alice Week 6 Results!

The winner is...
Merp!
His second win of the season!

And KazeSenshi in second place!

As noted, Guilty Alice will be taking a brief pause to allow time for Rou's contest.
Normal Guilty Alice scheduling will return May 20.
Merp, if you want to declare the next theme before that date, feel free.

KrackoCloud

Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 6 results!
« Reply #493 on: May 20, 2013, 02:54:29 PM »
We're back online!

Merp, you have through Wed, May 22 to announce the next deadline.

Merp

Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Scheduling returns!
« Reply #494 on: May 20, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »
I'm gonna go with a classic this time since i didn't have much time to think of something clever.
Spoiler:
Pasu & Vento's probbaly gonna hurt me

Gensokyo just started going through an industrial revolution.

So this week's theme will be
Spoiler:
Steamworks, Clock works & Neo victorian
[/size]

Best of luck!

Challenge mode: There are probably folks in the fantasy world who will continue clinging to the old ways so Fantasy vs Technology would be cool.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:02:40 PM by Merp »
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Scheduling returns!
« Reply #495 on: May 20, 2013, 08:58:50 PM »
Gears only. Coal everywhere. Final destination.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

KrackoCloud

Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 7!
« Reply #497 on: May 20, 2013, 09:35:40 PM »
So basically, steampunk?

E: Oh, right.

Entries end Wed, May 29.
A little extra time to get back into things, although I might opt for this kind of scheduling anyway. It's easier to plan and gives everyone more time.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:19:40 PM by HawFlakes »

« Reply #498 on: May 24, 2013, 07:17:14 PM »
Do you mean Mon 27 or Wed 29?

KrackoCloud

« Reply #499 on: May 24, 2013, 07:20:01 PM »
Thanks, updated <:U

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #500 on: May 25, 2013, 04:12:33 AM »
Where's everyone's submissions? I'm never the first entry. Anyway, I did this during the Heat/Pacers game. Although it was quite the exciting game, now that the Bulls have been eliminated I can afford to not pay attention.

Travel in Style

Remember, I'm retired. Nobody can vote for me.

pineyappled

« Reply #501 on: May 25, 2013, 04:28:32 AM »
Nobody can vote for me.
+2 Sixten

Arkeden

• That Guy
  • Live great, you need it.
« Reply #502 on: May 25, 2013, 05:42:28 AM »
I google imaged steamworks....

never again... never again... I will never do that again...

But that was fast Sixten Oo;
Just started drawing! Visit my deviantart
-> http://arkeden.deviantart.com/

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #503 on: May 25, 2013, 08:45:39 AM »
I google imaged steamworks....

never again... never again... I will never do that again...

...Why did I feel the need to google that too... :colonveeplusalpha:

Probably going to do something later on, if the new-game-hype doesn't take me over completely  :derp:
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #504 on: May 25, 2013, 01:31:12 PM »
Impressive submission.

I'm too busy at a con to really work on this at the moment, however. :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #505 on: May 25, 2013, 01:54:27 PM »
...Why did I feel the need to google that too... :colonveeplusalpha:

OMG DON't do that, I did and I regret it

And I am working on a drawing too, I only like to draw alone but this week I am not finding a place where I can draw in peace :P
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Formless God

« Reply #506 on: May 25, 2013, 03:43:43 PM »

KrackoCloud

« Reply #507 on: May 26, 2013, 11:57:39 PM »
Eh, I did something quick and dirty. This was fun.
queen of the industrial revolution

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #508 on: May 27, 2013, 02:28:54 PM »
I tried a different pose in this one, some gimme feedback or I report yu :V

Nue is watching you watching her watching her snake watching Nue fixing her UFO
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #509 on: May 27, 2013, 10:26:13 PM »
Eh, I did something quick and dirty. This was fun.
queen of the industrial revolution
Oh my gosh, how did I never see this before? It's so obvious now that I think about it....

"This" referring to the shimenawa-turned-gear, but I just realized that while I've been watching this thread from time to time, I haven't actually said or posted anything acknowledging, applauding, or acclaiming it. This is a really admirable thread you folks have going on here, I'm so glad to see socialization on AAA and activities like this. mostly because I'm a huge sap and because I've wanted to see AAA having fun as a collective as opposed to everyone being in their own threads.