Author Topic: Danmakufu Q&A/Problem thread number 4  (Read 207150 times)

Re: Danmakufu Q&A/Problem thread number 4
« Reply #870 on: March 08, 2011, 05:39:32 PM »
It looks like the side of the walls are poking through the top part of the walls. Maybe try putting the top a tiny bit higher? Or make the sides a bit shorter?

Doing that only seemed to make the box too short for the top, and then you could see an opening, I tried atleast XD

Here's what the box drawing function looks like:

Code: [Select]
function DrawFlowerBlock(X, Y, Z) {
SetTexture(img2);
SetGraphicRect(0, 0, 50, 25);

SetGraphicScale(2, 1);
SetGraphicAngle(0, 0, 180);
DrawGraphic3D(X, Y, Z-12.5);
DrawGraphic3D(X, Y, Z+12.5);
DrawGraphic3D(X, Y, Z-7.5);
DrawGraphic3D(X, Y, Z+7.5);

SetGraphicScale(0.5, 1);
SetGraphicAngle(0, 90, 180);
DrawGraphic3D(X-50, Y, Z);
DrawGraphic3D(X+50, Y, Z);
DrawGraphic3D(X-45, Y, Z);
DrawGraphic3D(X+45, Y, Z);

SetTexture(img3);
SetGraphicRect(0, 0, 100, 25);

SetGraphicScale(1, 1);
SetGraphicAngle(90, 0, 180);
DrawGraphic3D(X, Y+11, Z);

SetTexture(img4);
SetGraphicRect(0, 0, 90, 15);

SetGraphicScale(1, 1);
SetGraphicAngle(90, 0, 180);
DrawGraphic3D(X, Y+5, Z);
}

« Reply #871 on: March 08, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »
I also noticed that all transparent parts (like the very tips of the flower patches* cut trough pillars and such, the same thing would happen were I to add floor fog, etc. It seems to be a trait with using ZBuffer, but ZBuffer itself is pretty important, turning it off will draw the objects in order rather than how the camera sees them, if I use it though, then all transperacy hides objects underneath, either method seems to do some negative effect on my background so I'm kinda at a loss...the lines arent a problem without ZBuffer by the way, but is there a way to use it without low alpha values hiding objects?

Example:

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy145/FurryGoatSammy/Example.png

Nuclear Cheese

• Relax and enjoy the danmaku.
    • My homepage
« Reply #872 on: March 08, 2011, 10:43:47 PM »
I also noticed that all transparent parts (like the very tips of the flower patches* cut trough pillars and such, the same thing would happen were I to add floor fog, etc. It seems to be a trait with using ZBuffer, but ZBuffer itself is pretty important, turning it off will draw the objects in order rather than how the camera sees them, if I use it though, then all transperacy hides objects underneath, either method seems to do some negative effect on my background so I'm kinda at a loss...the lines arent a problem without ZBuffer by the way, but is there a way to use it without low alpha values hiding objects?

Example:

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy145/FurryGoatSammy/Example.png

I can't get your image to load, but I think I know what's going wrong.  In short, Z-buffer and transparency don't play well together.

First, some explaination:
The Z-buffer works by, when drawing a shape to the screen, updating each pixel with the depth (that is - how far away from the camera) of that pixel.  When it goes to write a new pixel on that same pixel, it will only do so if the new depth is closer to the camera than the previous one (thus, hiding farther objects behind newer ones).

However, when doing transparent pixels, the depth buffer is still updated even if the pixel is partially transparent, meaning if you go to draw something below it, it won't be seen because it doesn't get past the depth test.

Unfortunately, if you want to combine these two technologies together without the artifacts you're seeing (assuming my understanding is correct), you will need to draw any transparent objects in reverse-depth order (from farthest to closest), and ensure that you either
1) draw all solid (non-transparent) objects first, or
2) draw all solid objects in the same order at the same time.

It's a bit of a pain, I know, but it's the only way to get it looking right.
to quote Naut:
"I can see the background, there are too many safespots."
:V

« Reply #873 on: March 09, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »
What function do I use to make bullets move in a random direction? Or having a boss shoot in a random direction?

Drake

« Reply #874 on: March 09, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »
It's impossible. Just give up all hope now.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #875 on: March 09, 2011, 04:14:33 PM »
What function do I use to make bullets move in a random direction? Or having a boss shoot in a random direction?

ascent(i in 0..100){
CreateShotA(1, GetX, GetY, 0);
SetShotDataA(1, 0+10*i, 2, rand(1,360), 0, 0, 0, CAKE);
FireShot(1);
}

CreateShot01(GetX, GetY, 2, rand(1,360), YAKISOBA, 0);

:]
Hey There !

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #876 on: March 12, 2011, 11:12:25 PM »
This might look as a question extremely noobish, but how do I edit the Frame? I haven't found any tutorial about it.
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Drake

« Reply #877 on: March 12, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »
As far as the graphic goes, make a 640x480 frame (with appropriate transparent gap), extend the boundaries to 1024x512, name it STG_frame.png and slap it in danmakufu\img. If the folder isn't there, create it.

As far as everything else, draw effect objects on layer 8. You can use SetRateScoreSystemEnable(false); and SetDefaultStatusVisible(false); to get rid of the rate scoring system and the score/etc info respectively.

« Reply #878 on: March 13, 2011, 02:28:18 PM »
Hey I have a question, it's been bothering me for a while now. But every game that I open with AppLocale doesn't have music (or at least can't play mp3 files). It can still play .wav musics but not .mp3 I knew this because I just played Irisu Syndrome and it has music but it doesn't play the music in game.

How do I fix this ?  :ohdear:
I'm tired of converting .mp3 to .wav files

Edit : Also, when something is completely black, Danmakufu makes it transparent, does this happen to other people ? Is there a way to fix it ?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 02:59:57 PM by Foremoster »
Hey There !

« Reply #879 on: March 13, 2011, 04:13:30 PM »
For your second question, it happens to me as well, and the (probably) only solution is using RGB 1, 1, 1 instead of 0, 0, 0.

:c

Drake

« Reply #880 on: March 13, 2011, 07:33:42 PM »
Except having an RGB value default to a transparency is done on purpose and doesn't really need to be fixed since it isn't a problem.

Not sure why the music isn't working though. Does it happen for all mp3s? Are the tags maybe messed up in some way?

« Reply #881 on: March 14, 2011, 02:05:22 AM »
Not sure why the music isn't working though. Does it happen for all mp3s? Are the tags maybe messed up in some way?

Yah, all .mp3 happens to become silent

PlayMusic(GetCurrentScriptDirectory ~ "\boat3.wav");
Work

PlayMusic(GetCurrentScriptDirectory ~ "\CresentEdge.mp3");
Silence
Hey There !

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
« Reply #882 on: March 14, 2011, 06:55:32 AM »
Could someone explain to me how to use Common Data?
I tried using it before but it had zero result.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't find out what it is.
I was trying to make a spellcard captured/played counter for my game.

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #883 on: March 23, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »
So I have an enemy script, and I want to make a custom healthbar and timer and such appear. How would I do this without copy-pasting it in every script?
I've looked around #include_function, which apparently lets me paste a file's contents in my enemy script.
So I did it like this:

#TouhouDanmakufu
//*etc*

#include_function("script\Functions\SpellcardName.txt");

script_enemy_main{

@Initialize{
let nameofspellcard="transfer_this_string_to_the_SpellcardName_function_plz";
}

@MainLoop{
}

@BackGround{
}

@DrawLoop{
}

}

SpellcardName{ // Is this right?

@Initialize{
//Where's that data I asked for?
}

@MainLoop{
}

@Finalize{
}

}

I'm missing that bit of info, does anyone know how to send that string over to the included script?
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #884 on: March 23, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »
Just by looking, it seems you're looking to put a script_spell in a file.
You'd use #include_script in that case, instead of #include_function.

Also, for spell scripts, you would use script_spell cardname { } instead of just SpellCardName { }.

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #885 on: March 23, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »
He uses script spells instead of functions because he doesn't know how functions work. However, he's trying to learn, which is why he posted here.
...and honestly, it's all wrong. Functions don't have #initialize or anything you put there. Instead of us trying to teach you from scratch, be like a normal person and read this to learn how to use tasks, which are a type of function. The tutorial uses it to control bullets, but you can use it to control an effect object instead, which you can use for your text.
(Apologies for sounding harsh, but I told you this before and it seems like you didn't even attempt to search for a tutorial... you just kept asking "how do I do this?" and made no real attempt to figure it out yourself.)

For now, put everything in the same script. Once you finish that and get it working in a task, then worry about #include_function. Otherwise it's like asking how to run when you don't even know what walking is.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #886 on: March 23, 2011, 10:44:32 PM »
You are slightly wrong Azure. It is not that he doesn't wants to read tutorials, it is because Puremrz is a person who tries to script everything in mainloop style without tasks and very minimum of functions. And there are no tutorials for mainloop style scripting for such things. Because nobody makes his life harder with scripting, except Puremrz.

He has some fetish or something it seems.

« Reply #887 on: March 23, 2011, 11:03:51 PM »
No wonder nobody fuckin' scripts anymore

Could someone explain to me how to use Common Data?
I tried using it before but it had zero result.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't find out what it is.
I was trying to make a spellcard captured/played counter for my game.

CommonData is, in short, a global variable that you can pass along between scripts, and even between play sessions. You declare a variable name and then give it a value, and that value can be accessed from any script you've made. For example, normally you would declare a variable within a script like

let variable = 4;

And that variable can be accessed by anything within the braces (scope) it was declared in. To initialize common data with the same name and value, you would say

SetCommonData("variable", 4);

And this value can be got from anywhere using GetCommonData("variable"); For example, number = GetCommonData("variable") + 6; would set the value of a variable called number to 10. However, sometimes you may run into points where you want to get some common data but you haven't initialized it anywhere first. This is where you would use GetCommonDataDefault("variable", 2); which would attempt to retrieve common data named "variable," but if it can't find any, it will return the value 2. All common data is deleted when you stop running the script, however, you can also save common data to be used when the player starts up the script at some other time, using the SaveCommonData function, which writes all the current common data and it's values to a .dat file, which can be retrieved in a later play of the script using LoadCommonData. There are many other useful common data functions, like saving values in groups using common data areas and stuff like that, feel free to experiment with all the functions you find here.

So I have an enemy script, and I want to make a custom healthbar and timer and such appear. How would I do this without copy-pasting it in every script?
I've looked around #include_function, which apparently lets me paste a file's contents in my enemy script.
So I did it like this:

*c0d3z*

I'm missing that bit of info, does anyone know how to send that string over to the included script?

The #include_function "script/path/name/here.txt"; command takes all the information from the text file here.txt and pastes it in the script you declared #include_function in, as if it was actually in that script. You'll even notice that when an error message pops up for something after the #include_function command, it includes the lines from the included text file in the line count of the current file as if the included text was actually written in it. The text you put in this included file can be absolutely anything legal in danmakufu terms, that is, you can make a text file here.txt and in it write only...

let variable = 2;

...then say in some other file...

script_enemy_main{
   let coordinate = 5;
   #include_function "here.txt";

@Initialize{
      //...etc

And danmakufu will read it as:

script_enemy_main{
   let coordinate = 5;
   let variable = 2;

@Initialize{
      //...etc

So as you can see, putting something like a seperate enemy script in the included function would probably yield an error. To go about doing your custom healthbar, script it up so that it works in one enemy script, then begin to transfer all the necessary code into a text file that may be included in other enemy scripts. Unfortunately, the easiest way to do this would be to make your healthbar thing a task which can be called from the enemy script and then run along side it using the enemy's yield command. If you really want to use the "MainLoop" method, you'll still probably have to seperate the healthbar from your MainLoop, but instead make it a sub (or function) instead of a task. Something like:

"here.txt"

sub Healthbar{
   let obj = Obj_Create(OBJ_EFFECT);
   //...etc
   //insert your healthbar code here, exactly as if it was written in the @MainLoop of your enemy script.
}

"hostscript.txt"

script_enemy_main{

#include_function "here.txt";

@Initialize{
      //...
   }

@MainLoop{
      Healthbar;
   }

//etc
}

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #888 on: March 24, 2011, 05:17:20 AM »
So I heard Mr. Z actually doesn't understand how to use subs, functions, and tasks. I remember I wrote something about this in one of the old ass Q&A threads...
*looks for a while*
Here we go.

To add on top of that bit of reading, when you are writing a sub, function, or task, you will generally be putting in the same place as global variables... i.e. right after script_enemy_main{ and before @Initialize{

Also, another example that might help you understand this more:
function AnotherCreateShot01(x, y, speed, angle, graphic, delay) {
    let obj = Obj_Create(OBJ_SHOT);
    Obj_SetPosition(obj, x, y);
    Obj_SetSpeed(obj, speed);
    Obj_SetAngle(obj, angle);
    ObjShot_SetGraphic(obj, graphic);
    ObjShot_SetDelay(obj, delay);
}
This bit of code makes a function called AnotherCreateShot01 that behaves EXACTLY like the built in CreateShot01 function. Basically if you were to put this in an enemy script and replace all instances of CreateShot01; with AnotherCreateShot01;, it would work exactly the same. What I'm trying to demonstrate here is that you can write your own shot creation functions for types of shots you find yourself using really often. By extension, once you're able to write functions for controlling shots, you should be able to start working on writing functions to handle other things like drawing. Eventually you should even be able to start working with tasks.

One last example:
function GetDistance(x1, y1, x2, y2){
    return ((x1-x2)+(y1-y2))^0.5
}
Another great use for functions is to do calculations. Would you rather see GetDistance or a giant long string of calculations? Making a function like this makes it more apparent what you're trying to accomplish instead of just what looks like a  random calculation. The return keyword makes the function spit out a value that can be used at wherever the function was called. This means you can do something like let variable = GetDistance(GetPlayerX, GetPlayerY, GetX, GetY); to store the current distance from the boss to the player in the variable, similar to how you would use let variable = Obj_GetSpeed(obj); to store the current speed of an object in a variable.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Drake

« Reply #889 on: March 24, 2011, 05:52:18 AM »
Just adding a little tidbit I realized and then forgot about and then rediscovered later.

function CreateShot01T(x, y, s, a, g, d) {
    Obj_SetSpeed(obj, s);
    Obj_SetAngle(obj, a);
    ObjShot_SetGraphic(obj, g);
    ObjShot_SetDelay(obj, d);
}
function CreateShot01S(x, y, s, a, g, d) {
    Obj_SetSpeed(obj, 0);
    Obj_SetAngle(obj, 0);
    ObjShot_SetGraphic(obj, g);
    ObjShot_SetDelay(obj, d);
    while(!Obj_BeDeleted(obj)){
        Obj_SetX(obj,Obj_GetX(obj)+cos(a)*s);
        Obj_SetY(obj,Obj_GetY(obj)+sin(a)*s);
    }
}

The S and T stand for Still and Turn. They are both CreateShot01 with objects; but T will changes the graphic angle of the bullet as it turns (such as for rice bullets and arrows), whereas S will keep the graphic angle of the bullet still at all times. This is very handy for everyday circular bullets.
Or I should say, the whole premise is that making bullets that move through trigonometry and not Danmakufu movement attributes will keep their graphic still.
In addition, bullets with an even width/height will not have a pixel-perfect drawing center. These should be spawned at (floor(x)+0.5, floor(y)+0.5).

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #890 on: March 24, 2011, 06:10:44 AM »
You have a while loop without a yield there, and the second function will make the bullets move even while they're delaying. Minor, but they're worth pointing out.

Maybe all of this should be combined into a "functions and tasks" tutorial on the wiki? It needs more stuff anyway.

Drake

« Reply #891 on: March 24, 2011, 06:17:58 AM »
Sorry, was typed from memory. The movement-while-delayed thing is on purpose though, the Touhou games actually use this method rather than DNH's stop-while-delay thingy.
Another small problem is that if an enemy dies while a bullet is still on-screen it'll just stop due to no yielding. So, it requires a controller method, or for the enemy to not die. There are multiple solutions for that though so yeah.

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
« Reply #892 on: March 24, 2011, 07:44:24 AM »
No wonder nobody fuckin' scripts anymore
RaNGE is too quiet these days. Someone should stir it up a little. A new game perhaps?
Yes yes, I'll get onto it, I have to finish some things that deal with Common Data and then I'll make a thread.  :V

CommonData is, in short, a global variable that you can pass along between scripts, and even between play sessions. You declare a variable name and then give it a value, and that value can be accessed from any script you've made. For example, normally you would declare a variable within a script like

(Wall of text and code)
Hmm, that might've been a little too basic. Okay, I formulated my question a little poorly, didn't I?
So what was the problem in the end? The lack of proper Common Data saving by me.
I solved it by having the CtC script open next to mine, and man, they use too many included scripts.   :derp:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Naut.

puremrz

« Reply #893 on: March 24, 2011, 08:00:09 AM »
He has some fetish or something it seems.

Not really, I just do things this way because I learned to script from the Ex Rumia example files that came with Danmakufu.
It's just different, and really not inefficient or anything. It may seem strange to people who don't do things that way, but the same goes for me.
Anyway, that wasn't so nice, Azure. I really did look at the tutorials, and I only post here as a last resort when I really can't figure things out. I'm not good with danmakufu terminology, so what I want can be hard to explain, I guess.
But I guess I'll just find a loophole to it. If Mewkyuu's clear and simple solution won't do that job, that is. (can't try it out yet because I'm at work)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #894 on: March 24, 2011, 08:04:58 AM »
That was obviously a joke puremrz :V

Anyway, RikaNitori seems indeed quiet lately. Wonder what happened to all major games being made. So far only drake/naut, azure and stuffman seem to be active.

As for me, :V i am lacking inspiration momentarily. orz

puremrz

« Reply #895 on: March 24, 2011, 08:17:44 AM »
That was obviously a joke puremrz :V

Anyway, RikaNitori seems indeed quiet lately. Wonder what happened to all major games being made. So far only drake/naut, azure and stuffman seem to be active.

As for me, :V i am lacking inspiration momentarily. orz

:V
Oh, I'm working really hard on something, since September 2009 actually. The main game is practically done (aside from the custom spellcard names and spellcard practise, which I'm now asking tough questions about), and the 2 extra stages only need the enemy parts and a few spellcards. I'm just not announcing anything big yet because I want to get it done before I start raising people's hope.

But am I really the only one who learned from Ex Rumia? I mean, it came from the creator of danmakufu as an example, so it has to be good, right? O_O

That reminds me, what I'm trying to do now is the same as how you call a player's spellcard. If you need an example out of my player script, in which it works, I'll post it when I get back to my computer.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #896 on: March 24, 2011, 08:32:51 AM »
I actually never learned from ex-rumia script. Most of the info I got from wiki and existing tutorials here on this forum. But back in the days, those tutorials were small so i had to ask often on forum and try out myself with task-style scripting.

This was also one of the reasons i started the video tutorials.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:34:34 AM by Helepolis »

puremrz

« Reply #897 on: March 24, 2011, 11:30:35 AM »
After combining Naut and Blargel's explanations, I now know how to get what I was looking for. Namingly:

//enemy script - unimportant data was left out
@MainLoop{
  if(time%10==0){ AnotherCreateShot01(GetX,GetY,3,GetAngleToPlayer,ORANGE02,0); }
  time++;
}
#include_function "script/Shot.txt";

+

//Shot.txt
function AnotherCreateShot01(x, y, speed, angle, graphic, delay) {
    Obj_SetSpeed(obj, speed);
    Obj_SetAngle(obj, angle);
    ObjShot_SetGraphic(obj, graphic);
    ObjShot_SetDelay(obj, delay);
}
(This is just a simple test, but it works)

Now that I got this working, I know how to do better things with it as well.
And this will certainly tidy up the main file, now that I can put backgrounds and enemy spawn data in sepperate files.
Thanks fellas.  :3

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #898 on: March 25, 2011, 01:02:30 AM »
Remember me? I see everyone's saying Rika Nitori's getting quiet lately...

Well yeah, I admit I haven't been doing anything, or even posting here for a long time... I'm either really busy or getting really lazy lately... all my projects have been sitting here with no progress at all... (ESD, RPG, IMI, etc)

Anyone wanna try getting me to start working again? :V
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #899 on: March 25, 2011, 01:17:08 AM »
Anyone wanna try getting me to start working again? :V

I dare you to make a script that is actually possible to beat.