Author Topic: Remilia Quest Dh?  (Read 50947 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Remilia Quest Dh?
« Reply #990 on: February 09, 2013, 03:01:14 PM »
>"I did not, but it's possible Patchy assigned the duty to someone else in my absence. We should hurry, as the sun's nearing closer and closer."
>Let's get there and see for ourselves, quicker!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #991 on: February 09, 2013, 05:44:41 PM »
>"I did not, but it's possible Patchy assigned the duty to someone else in my absence. We should hurry, as the sun's nearing closer and closer."
>Let's get there and see for ourselves, quicker!

>Sei nods. "It would seem a practical thing to have done."

>A few minutes more flight brings your fine home fully into view. And sure enough, there is a stranger standing before the front gate. It's a thick-bodied woman, decked out in yellow, black and orange, and her arms are folded across her chest. Even from here, you can sense a faint aura of intimidation from this unexpected gate guard. It's not hard to tell why a fairy called her 'mean'.
>There is also, somewhat more worryingly, evidence of some trouble having gone down in your absence. Stuck into the ground, about fifteen feet away from the western side of the wall surrounding your home, is one of the metal blade-like protrusions that extended from the bottom of a Ragebloom. The rest of the thing is nowhere in sight. Some of the windows on that side of the mansion have also been shattered.

>The time is now 6:21 AM.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #992 on: February 09, 2013, 05:49:57 PM »
>"...Interesting. Remind me to discuss things with Patchouli when we find her."
>Let's head over. "I assume Patchouli assigned you as a temporary guard?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #993 on: February 10, 2013, 12:02:48 AM »
>"...Interesting. Remind me to discuss things with Patchouli when we find her."
>Let's head over. "I assume Patchouli assigned you as a temporary guard?"

>"I shall." Sei says seriously.

>The woman standing guard is quite tall, complimenting her dark color scheme and muscular body to create a rather intimidating form. She sports a long thick yellow skirt with black trim around the hip and edges, and a black and orange floral design on the lower right side. A black shirt with puffed sleeves, yellow colored puffs, covers her upper torso, the sleeves ending in wristbands colored orange with a black stripe. A pair of thick, angular insectile wings sprout from her back, and a gold circlet encircles her head, a circular red gemstone affixed in the middle of her forehead. Somewhat surprisingly, she also has a flower in her short blonde and black striped hair, a primrose, if you're not mistaken.
>She regards your approach evenly with her dark red eyes, and answers your question with a brief shake of her head. "The familiar, and my sister, dragooned me into it." she replies in a gruff, almost masculine, voice.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #994 on: February 10, 2013, 12:27:53 AM »
>Insect Wings...Must be somehow connected to Wriggle. "Ah, the Firefly Youkai I tasked with dealing with the termites? Wriggle, was it? Interesting."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #995 on: February 10, 2013, 12:38:51 AM »
>Insect Wings...Must be somehow connected to Wriggle. "Ah, the Firefly Youkai I tasked with dealing with the termites? Wriggle, was it? Interesting."

>The tall youkai snorts derisively. "That wimp got in over her head. If we hadn't come along when we did, she'd have ended up in that termite's harem. She was lucky my sister felt sorry for her."
>"One has the impression there's a tale to tell here." Sei interjects. "Might I suggest that we discuss the matter indoors?"
>"Ah, yeah, you're allergic to the sun, aren't you." the insect youkai says to you, almost hiding the sneer in her voice.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #996 on: February 11, 2013, 03:31:09 PM »
>Harem..? There certainly is a story there. "It comes with the job description after all, not that I let it get in my way. But anyhow, let's go in. Things should be fine on the safety end of things, now that I've returned."
>One has to wonder just how many quirks the firefly's family has. It must be a large one though, given how many insects there are in the world.
>Let's head in!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #997 on: February 12, 2013, 09:52:31 AM »
>Harem..? There certainly is a story there. "It comes with the job description after all, not that I let it get in my way. But anyhow, let's go in. Things should be fine on the safety end of things, now that I've returned."
>One has to wonder just how many quirks the firefly's family has. It must be a large one though, given how many insects there are in the world.
>Let's head in!

>To your knowledge, Wriggle has never claimed to have siblings. But then again, given that insects often have a hive mind of a sort, perhaps that translates as 'familial' instincts among insectile youkai.
>The thick bodied bug nods curtly and pushes the broad gates open for you. She may be brusque, but at least she has that much basic courtesy.

>"You'll want to see that sick human of yours first, I suppose." she says as you cross the front garden towards the front door.
>"What do you mean, sick?" Sei asks her. "She seemed mostly fine when she and Hong-san departed the Cobalt Keep."
>"Well, she isn't fine now." the insect asserts. "Sour stomach and a headache, at least. Kept muttering something about 'not right, not normal', something like that."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #998 on: February 12, 2013, 02:59:17 PM »
>"I'll be sure to do that then. Sei, I'll show you to the library after I've done that."
>We should be able to home in on her by scent yes? Let's do that.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #999 on: February 13, 2013, 03:10:10 PM »
>"I'll be sure to do that then. Sei, I'll show you to the library after I've done that."
>We should be able to home in on her by scent yes? Let's do that.

>The samurai nods politely. "Of course."
>You would be able to find Sakuya's scent if your nose was completely non-functional, you know it that well. Now granted, her scent has seeped into just about every nook and cranny of the Mansion, but for someone with as keen a nose as you, picking out her recent passing is child's play. You can even smell Meiling's concern along the trail, as well.
>And the bug youkai also supplies, "Redhead took the human to the human's room."
>Makes sense, that. You set off for Sakuya's room.

>Along the way, Sei introduces herself to your temporary gate guard. The youkai answers that her name is Haridoku, but doesn't offer much else in the way of personal details. You hope that her sister is more personable. Sakuya being sick, after everything else that's happened tonight, is not the way you wanted to end the evening, and you don't enjoy the thought of two rude insect youkai making things worse.

>With Sei and Haridoku in tow, you make good time to Sakuya's chambers. Your head maid has one of the largest rooms in the mansion, and the best of furnishings. Only the best for those that serve you as well as she does. Presently the maid herself is lying atop the sheets of her canopied four-poster bed, moaning, with both hands on her head. Meiling is standing near the foot of her bed, while another girl stands near Sakuya's head. This one also sports insectoid wings, four of them, and has shoulder length light brown hair, kept out of her eyes by a light purple headband just in front of her antennae, and a pair of black and yellow striped hair tubes on either side of her face. She wears a floor length yellow skirt with a black frilly belt, black wristbands, a yellow, white and black crop top. The overall effect is reminiscent of a honeybee, and you suspect that this could be the 'sister' Haridoku spoke of.
>This one, however, doesn't project nearly the same air of approachability that the larger bug youkai does. The white and yellow flower in her hair accentuates her young, open and soft facial features, though right now, those features are showing concern from the sick human lying on the bed.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1000 on: February 13, 2013, 03:29:01 PM »
>Hm...upset stomach, and a headache. It's almost like she has a hangover, isn't it?
>Let's walk over. "How is she?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #1001 on: February 13, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
>Hm...upset stomach, and a headache. It's almost like she has a hangover, isn't it?
>Let's walk over. "How is she?"

>Forcefully separating her fate from Pride's may well have given her hangover-like symptoms. You've never had to do anything like that before, so a headache and an upset tummy isn't entirely surprising. There was bound to be a side effect or two.
>Meiling, plainly concerned, shakes her head. "She woke up not long before I got her home, starting saying that something didn't feel right, that something was coming."
>The winged youkai adds, "What that something is, we haven't been able to figure." Glancing at you, she turns fully to you and bows slightly. "I see you met my sister. I hope she didn't offend you too much."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1002 on: February 13, 2013, 03:58:04 PM »
>Shrug slightly. "Not the most standoffish person I've met, believe me."
>Let's check on her pulse and the like. The usual things one does when examining someone's condition. "If her fate wasn't so uncertain, I could see what she might be referring to.."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:08:42 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #1003 on: February 13, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »
>Shrug slightly. "Not the most standoffish person I've met, believe me."
>Let's check on her pulse and the like. The usual things one does when examining someone's condition. "If her fate wasn't so uncertain, I could see what she might be referring to.."

>The youkai smiles in obvious relief. "Glad to hear it. Her name is Haridoku, by the way, in case she didn't introduce herself. And my name is Amitsu."
>Reaching out to check Sakuya's wrist for her pulse, the human's hand flashes up and grabs your outstretched hand firmly, looking up at you with.... Dear lord. There's panic in her eyes.
>"Ojou-sama...." she gasps, breathing heavily, "Something's... wrong..."

>She isn't kidding. Now that you're in contact with her, you can sense what the matter is. The instability in her fate line that you sensed back at the Keep has intensified. You've never felt anything like it before.
>From the past of her timeline, you sense something... coming. Two somethings, actually. What you'd describe as 'bubbles' in the pipeline have appeared, and are rushing from the past up towards the present. This is very new, but you have the distinct feeling that something drastic will happen, should those bubbles intersect with Sakuya's 'present'.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1004 on: February 13, 2013, 04:21:51 PM »
>How fast are they going, and can we stop them?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #1005 on: February 13, 2013, 04:35:12 PM »
>How fast are they going, and can we stop them?

>Fast enough to get to the end of another thread. And another joke missed. Shame, that.