Author Topic: *Full Game* Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude (Looking for music composers)  (Read 57282 times)

Re: *Full Game* Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude (Looking for music composers)
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2012, 05:05:18 AM »
Since Danmakufu decided to stop making me suffer, i was able to play this! These are my opinions (played it on easy and normal because lunatic is too crazy and i have yet to try hard, but i did clear some cards on lunatic):

1) The first stages are too long.
2) The boss fights were really enjoyable, but there were some "unfair" patterns ("The Moon is Orange because It's made Out of Cheddar" was too hard for a Stage 2 and i'm not sure if you can clear it all the time)
3) Some elements are kind of bad, like Metal and Water (Metal's bomb mechanic is really nice, but the power of the shot isn't good enough compared to Fire and Wood).

The story was nice, and i liked the characters,so i'll be waiting for the next game!
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2012, 05:38:47 PM »
Since Danmakufu decided to stop making me suffer, i was able to play this! These are my opinions (played it on easy and normal because lunatic is too crazy and i have yet to try hard, but i did clear some cards on lunatic):

1) The first stages are too long.
2) The boss fights were really enjoyable, but there were some "unfair" patterns ("The Moon is Orange because It's made Out of Cheddar" was too hard for a Stage 2 and i'm not sure if you can clear it all the time)
3) Some elements are kind of bad, like Metal and Water (Metal's bomb mechanic is really nice, but the power of the shot isn't good enough compared to Fire and Wood).

The story was nice, and i liked the characters,so i'll be waiting for the next game!

I'm glad you managed to play it. Did it cause any lag at moments? Some spellcards can get rather heavy, especially when object bullets are used and I used arrays to move them (=Inefficient, and quick to lag stuff) (But I got better at fixing that for the next game!)

1- Did you think the first stages were too long? Most people won't say anything about the length of the game until stage 4-5 :V
Yeh, it's a bit too long. I had so much fun making stages, I ended up not noticing how huge the game became. lol... >_>

2- Oh? You're not the first to say Amaya is too strong. I wonder why... I think she's really easy myself, even the spellcard with the long name. It's just a matter of moving in circles. I'd make a video, but I'm waiting for a reply from my nephew who knows a really nice program for that that can both record and edit videos.

3- I tweaked the shot types so many times. At one time, water was one of the best, and earth too. Then I ended up changing water to an all-round type, best used for mowing down enemies, but not so against bosses.
Fire still rules all though. Thanks to the extended reaction time you get for counter bombing.

I'm going to update it again soon. The penalty you get when changing types should be a lot lower. And the Nightmare stage is a tiny bit too hard right now.

As for my next game, I've practically finished the awesome player script (missing some graphics though), and other mechanics such as talking events.
I have the whole thing planned out already, but making art costs so much time. There are 3d backgrounds, character sprites, character portraits, new enemies, tons of new bullets, the gui, the main menu... Phew!
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »
I still haven't played this game, but i'm curious. Does elements changing affect anything but player's shot/bomb behaviour, or there are some weapon_choosen/boss's_weakness combos like in MegaMari for example?
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

puremrz

« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2012, 08:08:14 PM »
I still haven't played this game, but i'm curious. Does elements changing affect anything but player's shot/bomb behaviour, or there are some weapon_choosen/boss's_weakness combos like in MegaMari for example?

Each boss has their own weakness to certain elements. In Nightmare, the enemies do too.
Different elements also give you certain special skills, like an increased item collection radius or the ability to keep unused bombs when you die.
And the shots + bombs differ per element of course.
I'll lower the cost of switching types when I update again. It shouldn't matter much for the main game, but you need to switch a lot in the Nightmare stage.

...In my attempts to record myself beating Amaya's cheese spellcard, I once again discovered that decent (and free) video editing software is hard to find.
And I'll lower her health on Hard/Lunatic. Even though she has just as much HP on Easy as on Lunatic, the latter takes much longer to kill, near timeout, because you'll be dodging like mad.

« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2012, 01:27:06 AM »
I only had lower FPS on Yohno's Extra spell card, but it runs smoothly on Spell Practice...

And the last stages being long is alright, but the Stage 1 is TOO long!
Youtube

puremrz

« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2012, 08:50:57 AM »
Stage 1 Theme Preview here!

http://www.4shared.com/music/R6_yLJ1K/A_Forest_Of_Summer__preview_.html

hope you like it :D

It's great! No, it's awesome! No, it's...

That's what it is like!
(I really like it)

« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2012, 04:19:32 PM »
wat

Yeah I might not be able to finish it this week because THERE IS THIS STUPID STANDARDIZED TEST THE WHOLE STATE IS TAKING I MUST DO FOR 4 DAYS AND IT WILL NOT BE FUN. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Also can you make a spellcard for me puremrz????
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:22:37 PM by 4DMuffin »

puremrz

« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2012, 04:33:06 PM »
wat

Yeah I might not be able to finish it this week because THERE IS THIS STUPID STANDARDIZED TEST THE WHOLE STATE IS TAKING I MUST DO FOR 4 DAYS AND IT WILL NOT BE FUN. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Also can you make a spellcard for me puremrz????

Ohnoes :O

I can make you a spellcard. What kind of spellcard are you looking for?

« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2012, 08:18:19 PM »
Kinda like Miko's Guse Flash/Cannon/whatever but kinda like a survival, where it gets harder as time goes on. Also you are kinda pushed back like Utsuho's final card but in reverse. That is all  :)

« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2012, 11:51:41 PM »
It's a great game but, some stages drag on longer than they should. Like stage 3 where it seems like your trying to drag the stage even though it feels like it should have a ended awhile ago. Oh and how does the metal bomb work?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2012, 12:06:47 AM »
You suction up bits of metal that appear from bullets and at the last second Masahiro will burst them at the boss.

At least, as far as I've figured it out.
I thought it was the Master Spark at first.

puremrz

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2012, 10:41:54 AM »
It's a great game but, some stages drag on longer than they should. Like stage 3 where it seems like your trying to drag the stage even though it feels like it should have a ended awhile ago. Oh and how does the metal bomb work?

I shortened stage 3 about 5 times, and it's still too long :V Just wait until you see stage 4.
Next game will be shorter!

You suction up bits of metal that appear from bullets and at the last second Masahiro will burst them at the boss.

At least, as far as I've figured it out.
I thought it was the Master Spark at first.

Metal Spaaaaark!
That's right, with a bit of timing you can collect ~90% of the metal orbs and launch them at an enemy you wish to destroy. It's quite gimmicky.

Ryo's attack type (whose game I will probably call "Juuni Jumon - Cultural Festival") is quite different from Masahiro's. He uses ninja skills and weapons, and is really fun to play with.
That reminds me to draw his last 2 familiars before my break is over... *hurries*

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2012, 01:45:10 AM »
I played this game, and my first try quite bad, I can reach stage 4 mid-boss (being backstabbed not funny)
IMO, this game very well made, but I think you should input some delay between spellcard break and next attack to give opportunity collect item.

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2012, 02:15:22 AM »
That too.
Amaya's nonspells frown upon players who enjoy the POC :ohdear:

« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2012, 02:57:37 AM »
By the way...

Anyone knows where the themes of Amaya and Kurumi/Hotaru are from?
Youtube

Yao-Kun

« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2012, 02:14:25 PM »
And, here goes my 3rd attemp at normal  :V
I can reach stage 6 mid-boss, and recording it while playing (holy shit it's 45 minutes play).
I'll upload that vid tomorrow, it's freakingly huge (59.3 GB uncompressed), and I'm tired from working.

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

puremrz

« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2012, 05:08:45 PM »
And, here goes my 3rd attemp at normal  :V
I can reach stage 6 mid-boss, and recording it while playing (holy shit it's 45 minutes play).
I'll upload that vid tomorrow, it's freakingly huge (59.3 GB uncompressed), and I'm tired from working.
Nearly 60 Gb? That's huge! But I bet the quality will be great too.
It's a shame replays mess up so easily in danmakufu. I hope to find a solution for the next game.
Until then, maybe splitting it to 6 parts (one for each stage) will make it easier to record?
I can reach normal mode's final battle with quite a few lives left. But that battle lowered my life count quite a bit. So don't get your hopes too high for reaching the midboss without continuing :V
You're using the latest version, right? It's shorter than the first "beta"release. A bit.

By the way...

Anyone knows where the themes of Amaya and Kurumi/Hotaru are from?
Stage 2, Amaya's is "SHUFFLE! - Don't Be Afraid" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Q7h5IUsSQ
And stage 4, Kurumi and Hotaru's is "Ys Seven - A Sunbacked Throb" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skcxeW__I8Y
At least, until the custom music is done.
(And I don't know where stage 6's boss music is from :()

I played this game, and my first try quite bad, I can reach stage 4 mid-boss (being backstabbed not funny)
IMO, this game very well made, but I think you should input some delay between spellcard break and next attack to give opportunity collect item.
The name warns you - Yoji Gakure "Backstabber" :V
It's best not to go up between attacks, as you don't really need to go up to collect the items in this game: They're pretty close together. But I guess habits from Touhou stay!
I'll increase the time between attacks for the next game. I'll have to, because there'll be some new items that don't fall.

« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2012, 05:20:24 PM »
The stage 6 boss music is this

And thank you for telling me the names of the songs!
Youtube

Yao-Kun

« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2012, 05:24:29 PM »
Nearly 60 Gb? That's huge! But I bet the quality will be great too.
It's a shame replays mess up so easily in danmakufu. I hope to find a solution for the next game.
Until then, maybe splitting it to 6 parts (one for each stage) will make it easier to record?
I can reach normal mode's final battle with quite a few lives left. But that battle lowered my life count quite a bit. So don't get your hopes too high for reaching the midboss without continuing :V
You're using the latest version, right? It's shorter than the first "beta"release. A bit.

Done compressed, video quality quite good, but their conversation unreadable, I'll put annotation when done upload it.
Yes, I'm using the latest version, still long gameplay, but it's okay, make this 1st long danmaku gameplay  :3

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

puremrz

« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2012, 05:35:16 PM »
The stage 6 boss music is this

And thank you for telling me the names of the songs!
No wonder I couldn't find it, it's a remix! (Yay I know the music now, my life is complete *ascends to a higher plane of existence*)

Done compressed, video quality quite good, but their conversation unreadable, I'll put annotation when done upload it.
Yes, I'm using the latest version, still long gameplay, but it's okay, make this 1st long danmaku gameplay  :3
I hope many people will watch the video, might help promoting the game :D

Yao-Kun

« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2012, 02:32:35 AM »
I did it, I clear normal 1cc with 3 lives left at 5th attemp  :V
My reaction at final spellcard : WTF is this, almost impossible to dodge!
... Why my replay messed up?? I watch it and lost all lives at very beginning  :ohdear:
Anyway, extra mode music, I think I've heard that but forget what music.

EDIT : Video now are uploading, please wait 100 minutes until done.
Done, you can see here.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:22:17 AM by Yao-Kun »

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

puremrz

« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2012, 09:09:19 AM »
I did it, I clear normal 1cc with 3 lives left at 5th attemp  :V
My reaction at final spellcard : WTF is this, almost impossible to dodge!
... Why my replay messed up?? I watch it and lost all lives at very beginning  :ohdear:
Anyway, extra mode music, I think I've heard that but forget what music.

EDIT : Video now are uploading, please wait 100 minutes until done.
Done, you can see here.

Woohoo!
I think you should've just continued and finished the game, you were so close to the end. D:
Can you put "puremrz's description:" above my quote? Knowing YouTube, people will only read half of what's written, and then start asking you all the questions, thinking you made the game. :V
And put up my YouTube channel as well? http://www.youtube.com/user/w00tcake?feature=watch
Aaaaand can you link to the first page of this topic instead of Mediafire? I update the files every now and then, so your links will break when I do. The real music is still being worked on, and I still have to make a minor update to the game.
[/messy post]

Now try Hard!

Yao-Kun

« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2012, 09:26:06 AM »
And, done :P
Yes, I consider to continue, but it says "You can't get any spellcard because you use continue" (or something like that)
Well I'm gonna try extra mode first.
Anyway check again my description at youtube, just in case I messed something again.

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

puremrz

« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2012, 10:39:31 AM »
And, done :P
Yes, I consider to continue, but it says "You can't get any spellcard because you use continue" (or something like that)
Well I'm gonna try extra mode first.
Anyway check again my description at youtube, just in case I messed something again.

The message you get after continuing means you can't unlock any more spellcards and stages for spellcard practise. You can continue the game normally, except the ending/credits is missing.
Good luck with Extra, it's tough! (and the stage is really long)

Oh, and maybe you should write in the description of the video that you didn't complete the game because you continued. It might disappoint watchers who thought they were watching a full run-through of the game.
Although this way it won't spoil the final boss "Play it yourself to see the ending of the story!"

*Cough* Remember the annotations over the blurry text? *cough* [/giving you too much work]

Yao-Kun

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2012, 11:20:55 AM »
*Cough* Remember the annotations over the blurry text? *cough* [/giving you too much work]

Let player see their dialogue themselves  :derp: (because I'm lazy to put it lol)

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

puremrz

« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2012, 11:25:41 AM »
Let player see their dialogue themselves  :derp: (because I'm lazy to put it lol)

Good argument! :V

And the extra stage's music is Atelier Iris 2 - Exploration At The Beach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOAPwlymaQ8
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:37:20 PM by puremrz »

Yao-Kun

« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2012, 02:08:53 AM »
YESSSSSS, I CLEARED EX MODE!!
So damn extreme, but at last I cleared it  :3
Here's EX clear video  :V
Now, let's pack thing for Nightmare mode!!
N.B. nice choice for last battle music, that's my favourite YS music  :D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:24:18 AM by Yao-Kun »

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

puremrz

« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2012, 10:42:12 AM »
YESSSSSS, I CLEARED EX MODE!!
So damn extreme, but at last I cleared it  :3
Here's EX clear video  :V
Now, let's pack thing for Nightmare mode!!
N.B. nice choice for last battle music, that's my favourite YS music  :D

Nice! Everyone picks fire because of its death-bomb time :P
If you think Nightmare is too hard right now, wait until I get home and update it. Nightmare will become a bit easier in that version. (Bosses will have less HP, and minor spellcard alterations) (And some Trump Cards will be easier to unlock)
You should try the Trump Cards too some time, they're nearly impossible :V

Zil

« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2012, 01:46:58 PM »
I just started playing, so I've not seen much yet, though I have some questions.

What do the stats Powering Speed, Versatility, and Accuracy do? I assume Strength is shot damage and Bomb is bomb damage, but I'm not sure about the others.

Also, there is a power number on the side (xxx/150) which seems to be how many power items you pick up, but there is also a vertical bat that says power under it. Is the bar just another display for power items, or does it mean something else?

Sorry if these were explained somewhere and I missed it. :V