Author Topic: AnimeBoston 2012: Fantastic times with Mizuki Hitoshi-san!  (Read 166574 times)

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: AnimeBoston 2012: Fantastic times with Mizuki Hitoshi-san!
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
Manchester United:          0
Lodsofemone United:      Lods

Thankfully, this one's easy to read without a translation. Now my only worry is that us other two didn't make much of a first impression. TTwTT

Mizuki confirmed this in his comment on his pixiv page:

There were four people who came to meet me, but if I depicted them all, then the joke would get diffused and it'd become hard to draw, so I figured I'd condense them down to two for a bit. Sorry (to a certain image board (^^;) ).

So sorry to hear that but I guess Mizuki has his reasons so condense it to 2 people.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
in before MH draws one man in the hotel room w/ tied-up UK

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2012, 04:42:17 PM »
So sorry to hear that but I guess Mizuki has his reasons so condense it to 2 people.
It really would be busy with 5 characters there at once.
Not everyone who shows up gets Touhoufied as evidenced from one of his previous comics (see the Keine event).
Yeesh, you greet the guy at the airport, lead him all around Boston during a VERY full day, give him a hotel room, bid him good morning every morning, share several meals with him, play a round of Hisoutensoku with him, give him a spot in your tails, and bid him farewell by quoting a character that hurls himself from the top of his palace at the center of the city he created to avoid dying at the hands of his rival as his big exit and you're summarily forgotten.

Sounds like an allegory of how relationships in my life have gone. (?・ω・`)  (?・ω・`)  (?・ω・`)

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2012, 04:47:39 PM »
I suppose I should have considered this possibility sooner, what with a decent number of people getting worked up over the idea of possibly appearing.

Obviously, it would be nice if we all got to show up at least once, but I imagine that's not going to happen. To any given person that never appears, though, just remember that you made out a hell of a lot better than everyone that couldn't even attend the convention.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:31:24 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2012, 08:09:57 PM »
Also basically nothing will top Kyoukomarle so it's a moot point either way.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #275 on: May 02, 2012, 08:31:45 PM »
Also basically nothing will top Kyoukomarle so it's a moot point either way.
Eagerly waiting for the Bromiji eating challenge.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2012, 08:44:07 PM »
and bid him farewell by quoting a character that hurls himself from the top of his palace at the center of the city he created to avoid dying at the hands of his rival as his big exit and you're summarily forgotten.
You quoted Shin? Really?

Reddyne

« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2012, 09:59:37 PM »
I suppose I should have considered this possibility sooner, what with a decent number of people getting worked up over the idea of possibly appearing.

Obviously, it would be nice if we all got to show up at least once, but I imagine that's not going to happen. To any given person that never appears, though, just remember that you made out a hell of a lot better than everyone that couldn't even attend the convention.
Truly, the crowd was so large that it'll be a wonder if he remembers everyone, let alone include us in the strip in some fashion. Also, if he takes up 25 characters for one arc, how much is that going to limit him for other people he introduces?
You quoted Shin? Really?
Yeah. Too lazy to look it up in the vids at the moment. It kinda fit. Besides, he got a kick out of it.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2012, 01:34:35 AM »
Truly, the crowd was so large that it'll be a wonder if he remembers everyone, let alone include us in the strip in some fashion. Also, if he takes up 25 characters for one arc, how much is that going to limit him for other people he introduces?

Not much, he reuses characters on a fairly regular basis

Totaku

Now I Twitter

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #280 on: May 03, 2012, 03:36:25 PM »
Oh god the Ero parking machine has me bursting  over here.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »
That parking machine...:getdown:
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #282 on: May 03, 2012, 08:26:28 PM »
kyouko is sola~~~~~
so cute~
but damit I drew sola as byakuren in my report comic  www
maybe i should consider changing the character :P

Totaku

« Reply #283 on: May 04, 2012, 03:12:25 PM »
In today's episode!

The crew now take Kogasa out to go have some fun...where do they go first? Kogasa has the answer....sort of....

Untraslated: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=27024251
Translated, Danbooru warning! http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1157765/3girls-4koma-alice_margatroid-animal_ears-artist_s
Now I Twitter

Reddyne

« Reply #284 on: May 04, 2012, 03:22:28 PM »
"We've a full day before the con! Whatcha wanna do?"
"Breakfast."
This is the droid we're looking for.
Not much, he reuses characters on a fairly regular basis
Sure, but they're primarily one-shot characters. They can pop up again with a different occupation when necessary. If he decides to use a handful of characters and they pop up several times, their identities will be set and will clash if he wants to reuse them for a fitting situation. I'd rather he avoided backing himself into a corner if it comes down to creativity clashing with other things.

Congratulations on your ret-con, Murein!

« Reply #285 on: May 04, 2012, 03:42:39 PM »
Ah well, these things happen.  I got the chance to videorecord a comic artist I really like and upload it to my youtube channel; I can't really complain about things overall.  Also, this will merely add to the humorous reputation I have of being invisible in pictures.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2012, 07:57:29 PM »
Since it's been mentioned in danbooru, here's a list of ideas I have for possible invites next year.

Warukagi (SK-II, seems like a cool guy)
Chado (would love it but seems really high profile)
Tani Takishi (that yukkuri guy; seems to know Mizuki a bit)
TEDDY-PLAZA (though he's been to NYC before, so I'm not sure if that's a consideration)
Wi-Z GARAGE (good luck finding contact info)
Haniwa (of Miko Miko Suika fame maybe?)

I'll keep it there. Intentionally didn't add artists turned manga-ka like One Night Stand and Aki Eda. There's always ZUN, but I don't see that happening until at least the 5th invite.

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #287 on: May 05, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
there'll always be my picture ;;

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Totaku

« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
I was busy drawing and forgot to post today's update!

Today's episode: Kogasa's adventures in Starbucks!

untranslated: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=27053914
Translated Danbooru warning!: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1158487/3girls-4koma-alice_margatroid-animal_ears-apron-ar
Now I Twitter

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #289 on: May 06, 2012, 12:32:25 AM »
The funny thing about that is Japanese crows are huge compared to the US ones for pretty much the same reason.

Totaku

« Reply #290 on: May 06, 2012, 03:33:49 PM »
Since it's been mentioned in danbooru, here's a list of ideas I have for possible invites next year.

Warukagi (SK-II, seems like a cool guy)
Chado (would love it but seems really high profile)
Tani Takishi (that yukkuri guy; seems to know Mizuki a bit)
TEDDY-PLAZA (though he's been to NYC before, so I'm not sure if that's a consideration)
Wi-Z GARAGE (good luck finding contact info)
Haniwa (of Miko Miko Suika fame maybe?)

I'll keep it there. Intentionally didn't add artists turned manga-ka like One Night Stand and Aki Eda. There's always ZUN, but I don't see that happening until at least the 5th invite.

Warukagi - The good news is this: Heleopolis has good connections with Warugaki and he's currently over in Japan hanging out with him on his one month long vacation. He probably has the highest shot of all the people.
Chado - DO WANT BADLY!!! IT would be worth it to find a way to contact him and haul him over here.
TEDDY-PLAZA - Ok so he's been to the states before might be tough to bring him over, but it never hurts to
Wi-Z GARAGE - Best bet is to contant Hele before he goes to Reitaisai, he might find a way to meet him.
Haniwa - Again, another want.

Don't forget the less known but growing in popular Aya Azama of WaHH fame.

But regarding ZUN, he might be a very hard one to pull in. Considering his stances on things (especially with westerners [though that's probably on a business scale]). I know it's worth a shot, like we said, we need to establish some bonds with other well known artist first. It might be the only way ZUN might reconsider.

Also I would nominate Gensoukoumuten as another candidate since he was well known for that more modern Touhou series that involved a postman adventures through Gensokyo delivering mail and being friendly with everyone. Very heart warming stuff.

Anyways, Today's episode: Kogasa and friends checks into the hotel and decide where to go sightseeing.

Untraslated: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=27085660
Translated Danbooru Warning! : http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1159264/4girls-4koma-alice_margatroid-animal_ears-artist_s
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:36:32 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2012, 05:56:39 PM »
Warukagi - The good news is this: Heleopolis has good connections with Warugaki and he's currently over in Japan hanging out with him on his one month long vacation. He probably has the highest shot of all the people.
Chado - DO WANT BADLY!!! IT would be worth it to find a way to contact him and haul him over here.
TEDDY-PLAZA - Ok so he's been to the states before might be tough to bring him over, but it never hurts to
Wi-Z GARAGE - Best bet is to contant Hele before he goes to Reitaisai, he might find a way to meet him.
Haniwa - Again, another want.

Don't forget the less known but growing in popular Aya Azama of WaHH fame.

But regarding ZUN, he might be a very hard one to pull in. Considering his stances on things (especially with westerners [though that's probably on a business scale]). I know it's worth a shot, like we said, we need to establish some bonds with other well known artist first. It might be the only way ZUN might reconsider.

Also I would nominate Gensoukoumuten as another candidate since he was well known for that more modern Touhou series that involved a postman adventures through Gensokyo delivering mail and being friendly with everyone. Very heart warming stuff.

Anyways, Today's episode: Kogasa and friends checks into the hotel and decide where to go sightseeing.

Untraslated: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=27085660
Translated Danbooru Warning! : http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1159264/4girls-4koma-alice_margatroid-animal_ears-artist_s
Forgot the post office guy. If part of the panel was talking about his view of Gensokyo, I'd be for it. If it was just to have him as an accessory like what seemed to happen with Mizuki, it's not in his best interest.

As for Aya Azuma, , she(?) is a mangaka as far as WaHH is concerned. It'd feel like we're taking work time away or something. That's just my two cents though.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »
I suppose it might be worth mentioning that the ideas floating around in at least my head are not just artists.

However I will throw full support behind Chado if I am promised he will come with a new Tohonifun doujin where Yuuka beats Remilia clean.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Tony-Chops

• Nothin but us chickens here!
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2012, 07:53:43 PM »
I suppose it might be worth mentioning that the ideas floating around in at least my head are not just artists.

I would second the idea if it's possibly getting a hold of someone from a music circle or fangame developer. But another artist would do just as well.

Translated Danbooru warning!: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1158487/3girls-4koma-alice_margatroid-animal_ears-apron-ar

I totally got a kick out of this one.  Never had the chance to see the sparrows in the center though.

Totaku

« Reply #294 on: May 07, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »
Now I Twitter

Reddyne

« Reply #295 on: May 07, 2012, 03:28:41 PM »
Dunkin' Donuts, which was founded some 60 years ago in Quincy MA and now operates in Canton MA, is absolutely huge out in the eastern half of the state, including Boston. Simply touring around my town has unearthed six of them, and searching further has revealed several more. And this is in a single TOWN and not some big city. You can literally start at one, then drive by a street that has one before taking a left at another one just to arrive at a fourth down that street.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2012, 03:49:18 PM »
If any of you come down South and encounter a Shipley's, I would say it's better than Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts combined.

It's like biting into a freshly-baked, fluffy, yeast bread, in donut form.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #297 on: May 07, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »
Dunkin' Donuts, which was founded some 60 years ago in Quincy MA and now operates in Canton MA, is absolutely huge out in the eastern half of the state, including Boston. Simply touring around my town has unearthed six of them, and searching further has revealed several more. And this is in a single TOWN and not some big city. You can literally start at one, then drive by a street that has one before taking a left at another one just to arrive at a fourth down that street.
I experienced this when I visited Hong Kong. The port my ship went to would have what seemed like a seven eleven every block and a McDs about every 2.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #298 on: May 07, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »
Dunkin' Donuts everywhere
yessss the only part of this adventure I can experience at home!

Tony-Chops

• Nothin but us chickens here!
« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2012, 02:54:42 AM »
I experienced this when I visited Hong Kong. The port my ship went to would have what seemed like a seven eleven every block and a McDs about every 2.

Sounds just about right. Back in Peru,  I saw plenty of rotisserie/restaurant spots every other block. 

All this talk about donuts and food is making me hungry. What other spots did the group eat at?