Author Topic: AnimeBoston 2012: Fantastic times with Mizuki Hitoshi-san!  (Read 167098 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: AnimeBoston 2012: Fantastic times with Mizuki Hitoshi-san!
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2012, 04:40:28 PM »
My symapthies to all who got sick in some capacity. Especially since I shared a bed for three nights with someone that came to the con sick, I didn't eat a whole lot, spent the entire weekend high-fiving strangers on the escalators, and have come into work on less than 6 hours of sleep both days this week and I'm still going strong. <_<;

Zakenna: Choja got shitfaced Thursday night.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2012, 04:41:23 PM »
wait Choja you drank? when? I don't recall drinking with you
I didn't sneak a sip of your rum, I had a shot of the "special signature apple cinnamon brandy" from bad applent!!

damn my face was on fire and i was saying the stupidest things.

YES. trust me i'm a professional

also i feel bad because we were going to visit the artists' alley and then we didn't. or i didn't, unfortunately.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »
My symapthies to all who got sick in some capacity. Especially since I shared a bed for three nights with someone that came to the con sick, I didn't eat a whole lot, spent the entire weekend high-fiving strangers on the escalators, and have come into work on less than 6 hours of sleep both days this week and I'm still going strong. <_<;
I have developed something in the way of a post-nasal drip, but there's no accompanying symptoms, which doesn't tell me much based on what the others have had. It really is tough to contain a disease in such an environment and any effort the sicklings went through to contain the con endemic are appreciated since some people seem to have made it through. It might reach a point where it's easier to count the number of people who didn't develop some sort of sickness, though.
also i feel bad because we were going to visit the artists' alley and then we didn't. or i didn't, unfortunately.
Whoah, you missed out, and I'm not one to throw such wording about. There were a number of booths with great and creative bits of artwork in there, including several booths selling Touhou-related stuff. I got a few real nice things, plus I found out later that one of the people in the AA was the artist for the Touhou wallscrolls in the DD. Two of those will be going up on my wall shortly in addition to other things. Go ahead and give it a look the next con you go to.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

K

• 五月雨を あつめて早し
  • 最上川
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2012, 05:02:25 PM »
If only I found out that a surprising number of Artist's Alley tables accepted credit cards BEFORE Sunday, I would've probably been all over that.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2012, 05:11:58 PM »
Photo upload time! The vast majority were from Saturday's photoshoot, though. Didn't take many pics outside that.
Also, hooray mobile phone pics (even though I brought my camera along too). Camera+'s Stabiliser shot helped quite a lot at least.

Part 1
Part 2

Highlights and other silly bits include:

'Archimedes! NO!'

Shinki best summed it up as table cancer.

The undead embrace one another.

'That'ssss a nice photo shoot you've got going there. It'd be a ssshame if something were to happen to it....'

CROSS COUNTER!

Okay, few of us expected a TD spirit cosplay to come, only to get eaten by the Yoshikas.

Mima was sent a notarised certificate from Saxton Hale confirming SHE DOES NOT EXIST. (reference, second text box)

The few Touhou goods I got. My wallet is okay with it though, since I spent quite a bit more at PAX.

Quote from: a Steam chat
Sparda: paruparuparuparu...paruparuparu ^^
EP Synecdoche Paradox: Parsee card included! *link*
Sparda: lol i sayed to you you will [feel] my paruparuparuparu ^^

Genichiro vs. Mountain of Fries start! Ended up failing, but he took all the fries with him - 3 take-out boxes' worth! :V

A fitting tribute to the situation and Mizuki-san. :D

Yes, I'd kill for MAX East. :3

Seriously considering about going to OtaKon this summer. Missing ya all a bit already - to which I say a few rounds of TF2 during server meets can help. :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:22:38 PM by デモパン Hat Traders »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Zakenna

• fomer Internet tough guy
  • Ahh After 10,000 years I'm free!
    • polyvinylcrush
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »
you got shit-faced from the brandy? it probably would have taken the entire bottle that Mauller brought to get me as drunk as the rum I had did.

EP: I forgot you also bought the touhou playing cards, I should take a picture of all my merch I bought once the world stops feeling so cold

ZetaBladeX13

• I've had to make how many now?
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »
And still, no one from my party has wound up sick.

Just lucky, I guess :V

Hooray for having to make yet another one =D
Original account: 8/20/2008

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #217 on: April 10, 2012, 06:18:03 PM »
you got shit-faced from the brandy? it probably would have taken the entire bottle that Mauller brought to get me as drunk as the rum I had did.
to illustrate how terrible my resistance to alcohol is, it was just ONE shot that made me wonky. i'm the greatest.

Whoah, you missed out, and I'm not one to throw such wording about. There were a number of booths with great and creative bits of artwork in there, including several booths selling Touhou-related stuff. I got a few real nice things, plus I found out later that one of the people in the AA was the artist for the Touhou wallscrolls in the DD. Two of those will be going up on my wall shortly in addition to other things. Go ahead and give it a look the next con you go to.
I remember us going to the Artists' Alley on Sunday to see them closed (opens at 10, we were there like 8:45 or something?) then after the photoshoot when we had free time i just went to dealers' hall to purchase Tanto Cuore and then sat around in the hotel room

Man, I bet all the Japanese are reading our posts here and thinking "How did Hitoshi survive with all these crazy people!? They're all so weird!!" but that is me being awkward.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Juhani

• Jedi catgirl
  • Pelipper
« Reply #218 on: April 10, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »

I just lost my voice mostly. Mom calls me every day at noon and today I had to ignore it and text her "yeah mom I can't talk can you text this time?"  :X

I'll be okay though! Drinking lots of warm tea.

... I miss everyone. :<

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #219 on: April 10, 2012, 11:24:43 PM »
Had a fantastic time for my first AB.  Always great to hang with everyone, and Hitoshi-san was an amazing guest.  Looking forward to next year as well.

Photo galleries, feel free to download/save/share all you like!

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/Silent_sword/Anime%20Boston%202012/
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #220 on: April 11, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »
Q&A with Mizukisan was well done. And I was wondering where he got the hat from, so his wife made it for him huh. Lucky fellow.

Was fun to watch the Q&A, well done all once more.

Charismatically approved.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #221 on: April 11, 2012, 01:06:35 PM »
Which video is the Q&A (or anything really interesting?)  Can't watch any of the Blair Witch Projecty styled ones and want to jump right to the big kahuna videos.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #222 on: April 11, 2012, 01:09:53 PM »
Ah yes right here the introduction speech of Mizukisan starts, and after that the Q&A.

Maybe the people there can point out the other most interesting parts because I was seeking for this part in particular.

Edit: Forgot to add in my previous post, had 1 minor complaint about the Q&A, due to the quality of the sound it would've been nice to hear the question being repeated through the microphone, because half of the time it was impossible to hear what was being asked. But oh well.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:12:32 PM by Helepolis »

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #223 on: April 11, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

ZetaBladeX13

« Reply #224 on: April 11, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
best panel

True statement.

Bonus points for me going to all of them.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2012, 04:20:10 PM »
Listening to the panel while working on things. Got me pumped up even though I wasn't there.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2012, 05:27:12 PM »
I'm watching myself watching youtube at a panel on youtube.

This is obscenely meta.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2012, 05:38:31 PM »
as promise to mizuki hitoshi sensei, I am now working on the anime boston report
can I draw Sora ,Bad Appellant!! and Kilgamayan?
and if I can what characater do u wanna be? (sry Kilgamayan u have to be yuugi XD

ZetaBladeX13

« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2012, 05:51:45 PM »

This is obscenely meta.

ack, I did the same :O

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »

This is obscenely meta.
No doubt about that :V

best panel
Very much so. :3
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Quad City QBs

« Reply #230 on: April 11, 2012, 06:20:40 PM »
as promise to mizuki hitoshi sensei, I am now working on the anime boston report
can I draw Sora ,Bad Appellant!! and Kilgamayan?
and if I can what characater do u wanna be? (sry Kilgamayan u have to be yuugi XD

I drew myself as Charles Barkley, but it might be easier to draw me as Mami, since that's my IRC nick, and also so Hitoshi-san can say America was full of busty blondes

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.

« Reply #231 on: April 11, 2012, 11:46:40 PM »
well I expect to draw others as touhou characters :/

Quad City QBs

« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2012, 02:02:21 AM »
Hmm! Let's say Renko then.

Drake

« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2012, 05:49:11 AM »
Which Chinese Tea arrange is the one playing before the start of the panel?

Also whoever decided to do the "9... is the number of Ran's tails!" thing is a good person.
I think you guys spent a bit too much time explaining the storylines of the official print works. Personally, for a panel with (surprisingly, this year) a bunch of new people, you should have expanded a bit more on the derivative works. Despite me absolutely loving them, you have to admit that explaining them to new people is even more boring than explaining the silly stories in the games themselves.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »
Do you mean the arrange of "Scooter is Awesome" that plays first? That's "One": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygWV__SMt7M

The Chinese Tea arrange was Scarlet Tea Party from DDBY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KcRG1SblwY

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2012, 12:13:43 PM »
Which Chinese Tea arrange is the one playing before the start of the panel?
The Chinese Tea arrange was Scarlet Tea Party from DDBY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KcRG1SblwY
Yup. I picked it because it's a solid arrange and suits the mood for "panelists are preparing".
Also whoever decided to do the "9... is the number of Ran's tails!" thing is a good person.
Kilga put that in for the Otakon panel last year. Considering it's memetic implications (and this time my attire), it fits pretty well.
I think you guys spent a bit too much time explaining the storylines of the official print works. Personally, for a panel with (surprisingly, this year) a bunch of new people, you should have expanded a bit more on the derivative works. Despite me absolutely loving them, you have to admit that explaining them to new people is even more boring than explaining the silly stories in the games themselves.
Point taken. We've got things into a nice framework, but not a science yet, and as such parts of the panel are too short or too long and it's difficult to nail down the amount of time that should be spent on several talking points. It's also difficult to balance things considering there are some people that have been involved with Touhou for 5+ years and have come to every panel, and then there are the people who have no clue as to what we're talking about. For now the excuse I have is that hitting every last high note of a series with as much material to it as Touhou in the most precise time frame necessary to properly cover it is not so easy.

Edit: As an addendum, I'd also like to say that I'm still just not used to being in front of an audience despite how many times I've done this. I'm better than I used to be, but I still have a long way to go before I can talk as easily as I can on-on-one, and as such have a hard time conveying what I want to say and doing so in my typical jocund fashion.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:37:29 PM by Ziodyne »

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

ZetaBladeX13

« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2012, 02:16:03 PM »
Kilga put that in for the Otakon panel last year. Considering it's memetic implications (and this time my attire), it fits pretty well.

Admittedly, it was a rather unexpected answer XD

- Have huge tails attached to costume
 - try to maneuver through a con's crowds without knocking people over
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:18:02 PM by ZetaBladeX13 »

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2012, 02:32:14 PM »
Pfft, giant, soft, fluffy tails are nothing compared to Nue's fragile, pointy wings.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

ZetaBladeX13

« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2012, 02:36:19 PM »
Pfft, giant, soft, fluffy tails are nothing compared to Nue's fragile, pointy wings.

With more emphasis on "pointy"

Quad City QBs

« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2012, 02:39:23 PM »

She told me she also has a metal pair that she breaks out for professional shots. Would've liked to see that.

e: wait so she's saying i'm not professional  :(