Author Topic: Touhou Relationship chart, New Edition  (Read 117322 times)

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
Re: Touhou Relationship chart, New Edition
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2013, 07:15:49 PM »
Maybe have Kanako know Okuu but not vice versa.

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2013, 12:28:58 AM »
Well. someone's still using/ordering Utsuho around in the Nuclear Fusion Reactor, and I doubt it's Satori.  Then again, "ordering" might be a bit too generous usage of the word, given Sanae's interactions with Utsuho. For all I know, maybe Suwako and Kanako just bribed her with some boiled eggs and a note saying some things she had to do for more.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2013, 12:33:56 AM »
Well. someone's still using/ordering Utsuho around in the Nuclear Fusion Reactor, and I doubt it's Satori.  Then again, "ordering" might be a bit too generous usage of the word, given Sanae's interactions with Utsuho. For all I know, maybe Suwako and Kanako just bribed her with some boiled eggs and a note saying some things she had to do for more.
Or using the kappa as go betweens.

I looked at the SA endings, all Okuu knew is that a god from the mountain was directing her.  She hadn't a clue it was Kanako specifically.

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2013, 03:36:19 AM »
She definately didn't know them openly in SA, but by Hisoutensoku when SOMEONE got her to work int he nuclear reactor is a different story.  It's not completely confirmed, but here are the relevant win quotes I guess that kinda sorta imply it but not 100% directly.

Utsuho to Suwako:  Ah yes, the energetic hydrogens are magnificently fusing today as well!

Suwako to Utsuho:  Looking good! Looking good! Today, as well, thanks to the straight-forward and honest youkai,
nuclear energy is being used for peaceful purposes only.

But maybe it's just Suwako (and maybe not even that), considering that there's this:

Sanae :Wait, wait!

I'm a shrine maiden of Lady Kanako!

Utsuho : Um.
Who's Lady Kanako?

Sanae :Crows are really birdbrained after all.
Simply put, I serve a higher power than yourself.

Utsuho : A servant of a higher power?

A servant can't be that great, can it?
Then a human that's not great is...

Ah, which reminds me, I had come because of the notification
that a foreign substance had contaminated the reactor core!

Then again, considering that Hisoutensoku's win quotes generally take place AFTER the main story does (see the various win quotes of the SDM and Meiling for example), there's also this, so it's possible that Utsuho did meet Kanako and merely forgot:

Utsuho to BOTH Sanae and Reimu:  Hey, it's a shrine maiden.
I can't tell you shrine maidens apart from one another.

In fact, Sanae's dialogue with Utsuho kinda supports the idea that Kanako eventually DID introduce herself to Utsuho but Utsuho was just so bird-brained that she forgot (bird-brains forgetting things is a typical theme. Mystia in the three fairies story is a good example of this). Otherwise Sanae wouldn't have bothered to say "Wait! I'm a servant of Lady Kanako!" followed by "Crows are really birdbrained, after all".

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2013, 09:38:43 PM »
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/File:ThGKPartIV.png

Oh.  Yea, of course Kanako's met Utsuho in person. Given Sanae's conversation with Utsuho, presumably Kanako either made some proposals then or later, but either way, Utsuho's bird-brained memory ability is obviously not very good.

As an aside, if it hasn't been resolved yet, Akyu in Symposium of Post-mysticism does say for Kogasa, "She frequents the Myouren Temple, but that does not quite mean she has joined it. "
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:54:28 AM by Tiamat »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2013, 02:52:35 AM »

Added a line from Kanako to Okuu

Imosa

« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 04:46:11 AM »
I'll post my progress: http://i.imgur.com/KHEtu.png?1
It's mostly basic components and I like the way it's come together thus far. I mostly worked off of Lord Phrozen's chart, but added a few of my own ideas. I thought a little blurb about the character was more important then their title, and thought including a little information about important relationships, such as Kaguya's & Mokou's feud as well as the role of the Watasuki sisters would be cool.
The only other thing that I was thinking of adding was a little vector art to put next to the title of locations and a blurb for the locations. However, despite having given it a lot of thought, and even making sketches of what I want. I can't seem to make anything, for one reason or another. If people like what I've made so far I can put that aside and accelerate finishing the actual relationship chart.

Also, does anyone know how to get cut out versions of Walfa's characters. That could really help.

« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2013, 07:43:20 AM »
Well, just Eientei now, it is good to start small. Kaguya and Mokou have a feud, but their relationship are not enemies, so I would not go as far as eternal feud. It is also more one sided. Kaguya does not exactly feud with Mokou.
Eirin, with Kaguya's help created the Hourai Elixir. So, she isn't solely responsible for creating the Hourai Elixir.
Do you have the arrows backwards for Eirin to the Watatsuki sisters? Eirin should be the Watatsuki sisters' teacher.

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2013, 04:39:57 PM »
 :wat: Someone has probably already pointed  most of them out on the whole board  but i'll just go ahead and highlight "dubious" relationships in my favourite group,namely SDM:Koakuma Patchouli should be yellow(employee-employer),Patchouli Alice blue green(friendly but leaning more on intellectual-magic pursuits than fondness for each other;seen in Soku during Meiling's story and in the win quotes between them),Remilia Reimu green(friendly) as should be Remilia Marisa(SSiB) and Remilia Meiling(Soku),Remilia Yukari red green (Flandre's BAiJR article and SSiB),Flandre Reimu and Flandre Marisa blue green(acknowledgement,enthushiasm towards new faces and a "mild" friendship).
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Imosa

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2013, 09:59:38 PM »
Well, just Eientei now, it is good to start small. Kaguya and Mokou have a feud, but their relationship are not enemies, so I would not go as far as eternal feud. It is also more one sided. Kaguya does not exactly feud with Mokou.
Eirin, with Kaguya's help created the Hourai Elixir. So, she isn't solely responsible for creating the Hourai Elixir.
Do you have the arrows backwards for Eirin to the Watatsuki sisters? Eirin should be the Watatsuki sisters' teacher.
Eternal Feud is mostly a joke.
I seem to remember Kaguya helping but if Kaguya has the power to make things eternal, why did she need the Hourai Elixer to be immortal.
Also, yes, those labels are backwards.

« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2013, 05:58:22 AM »
It could be that she couldn't figure how to make some things eternal or needed help. The elixir causes the soul to become invincible or something.

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »
It could be that she couldn't figure how to make some things eternal or needed help. The elixir causes the soul to become invincible or something.
The elixir made the body eternal, but the soul still decayed, leaving an empty shell after a while IIRC.
I finally got ahead!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2013, 10:06:17 PM »

Kaguya routinely sends assassins after Mokou, and sent the heros of IN after Mokou to try and kill her, hiding it as a 'Trial of Guts'.

I'd say Kaguya cares about making Mokou's life hard.

And generally you don't send assassins after your friends.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2013, 10:40:44 PM »
They're immortals, they both know it won't do jack, so they do it anyways for the hell of it. Mokou pretty much implies this in her dialogues.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2013, 04:52:07 AM »
It doesn't necessarily mean they're friends or not, but sending assassins after each other for immortals is the equivalent of a practical joke or a prank.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2013, 12:09:11 AM »
I seem to remember Kaguya helping but if Kaguya has the power to make things eternal, why did she need the Hourai Elixer to be immortal.
Characters name their powers themselves, and some are hard to put into words accurately. Also powers aren't infinitely strong or versatile at what they do.

Kaguya's been seen using her powers to make things work like the moon, but people of Hourai are antithetical to the moon. Basically the Hourai elixir makes you immortal, and Kaguya's powers make you amortal. (is that even a word?)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:11:37 AM by Prime32 »

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2013, 08:27:04 AM »
The elixir made the body eternal, but the soul still decayed, leaving an empty shell after a while IIRC.

I don't believe it makes the body eternal, here is a quote from Alice in Imperishable Night:
Alice - Don't waste time wondering about something like that.
Immortality is like casting away the physical body.
It is for one's true self to become merely the soul, and to be able to produce new a new flesh from that.
Souls don't have a particular size, so they can freely create another body wherever they like.
By contrast, I guess that any body without a soul perishes rather quickly...?

Kaguya routinely sends assassins after Mokou, and sent the heros of IN after Mokou to try and kill her, hiding it as a 'Trial of Guts'.

I'd say Kaguya cares about making Mokou's life hard.

And generally you don't send assassins after your friends.

You have to consider what kind of assassins Kaguya is sending to Mokou. Would you agree that rabbits aren't exactly the deadliest of enemies? Well Reisen (Who Kaguya does send) could be dangerous, but the rabbits, not really.

Characters name their powers themselves, and some are hard to put into words accurately. Also powers aren't infinitely strong or versatile at what they do.

Kaguya's ability is pretty nuts. It is either because of her power or the Elixir that made  it was impossible for the Lunarians to execute her. That is kind of saying a lot, considering their technology and magic.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2013, 11:44:14 AM »
It seems to me like the whole world revolves around raymoo and marisoo
it's like they're the suns and the other 'hu's are planets, if you know what I mean.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2013, 01:59:15 PM »
You have to consider what kind of assassins Kaguya is sending to Mokou. Would you agree that rabbits aren't exactly the deadliest of enemies? Well Reisen (Who Kaguya does send) could be dangerous, but the rabbits, not really.

She also sends:

The Hakurei Miko
Yukari
Marisa, known for explosions, and Alice, who has dolls filled with gunpowder
A vampire
A person who can control time, makes murder references, and Eirin seems to know her...
Half-Ghost Swordswoman
A ghost with the power to invoke death itself [And Yuyuko TRIES, if the dialouge is any indication]

Those are pretty high-calibur assassins, last I checked, and if it's any indication... who said she sends rabbits all the time?

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Imosa

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2013, 10:14:30 PM »
I'm working on the chart and I'm starting to wonder if it's necessary to explicitly state that someone is an owner when the other person has already been established as the pet, or that one person is the superior when the other person is the subordinate. What do people think?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »
I believe it's dented on the current chart with the superior having a black dot at the start of their line.

Imosa

« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2013, 01:25:34 AM »
I believe it's dented on the current chart with the superior having a black dot at the start of their line.
That is actually an arrow and I'm talking about my chart which is more like Lord Phrozen's chart. Lord Phrozen has a lot of situations where there are two arrows leading back and forth between two characters. My chart just puts two labels onto a double ended arrow. While this does save space it still comes off as redundant when dealing with stuff like servant & master. Pet and Owner is probably necessary since the fact that some people are "pets" might come off as strange.
Also explicit statement of who is the older and younger sister seems important but hard to fit in so that may go as well. I don't really like how Lord Phrozen does it.

Imosa

« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2013, 06:40:19 AM »
Work on my relationship chart has been hindered recently. I've been working mainly off Lord Phrozen's (LP) chart and adding updated info from Aya Reiko's chart along with our discussion here. Due to technical issues I can't upload the progress I've made but I'd love some input on a few things. If you reply post some kind of source just in case it needs verification.
Suika lives in Bhava Agrah now, right?
From reading SoPM I'm not convinced that Futo and Tojiko are friends but they at least have a truce so that's what I made their relationship. Does that sound fair?
I noticed that Aya made Futo the Master of the Hermits, where is that coming from?
What is should I call Seiga's and Yoshika's relationship?
Before I relate Cirno and Dai as enemies on my chart can I just get one last confirmation. Enemy seems a bit harsh and just because people fight doesn't make them enemies.
LP's Myouren Temple is weird, and SoPM hasn't been giving me much clarity.
He says that Murasa is the captain of Nazrin, Shou, and Ichirin, but then she isn't the captain of Byakuren? Why isn't she a comrade with the other three?
What is Ichirin's relationship with Unzan? LP said he was her familiar but it doesn't sound like that from SoPM.
Should Kanako have relationships to Suwako and Sanae? LP calls her and Suwako "Fellow Goddesses" but that's pretty obvious. LP also calls Sanae the "Wind Priestess" of Kanako and Suwako but what is that? I could add it but it would probably need an explanation.

-=+=EDIT=+=-
Technical stuff fixed... for now. I didn't bother cleaning it up so don't expect anything nice. People are grouped more or less on how they will be grouped in the end. Many descriptions and relations were made purely for my own amusement but feel free to tear it apart because it is entirely possible that you will alert me to something I forgot.
Also if you have description ideas for anything, I'd love to hear them. Just remember that descriptions should be about the thing they are describing. For example, one of Mokou's defining characteristics is her relationship with Kaguya but that information is under their relationship, not under Mokou.

Other stuff. I won't be labeling people as neighbors since if you live in the same area as someone you are automatically their neighbor. I figured the Kappa and Lunar Defense Corps. (maybe not these guys) were impact-ful groups in Touhou, so they got their own place. Since the purpose of this chart is slowly broadening adding stuff like this would be considered to better represent the Touhou-verse in general.

Also, that thing above Eientei was my attempt at a little icon for the location. That part of the project has been postponed in pursuit of a functional chart.

-=+=Edit again=+=-
Oops forgot to add this: http://i.imgur.com/K0l8dth.jpg
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:25:43 AM by Imosa »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2013, 09:32:36 AM »
I noticed that Aya made Futo the Master of the Hermits, where is that coming from?
Note where the arrowheads are going.  Miko is master to Tojiko and Futo, I think I read somewhere (SoPM?) Futo is technically Tojiko's superior.

When I made my chart, I paid zero attention to LP's work and built it entirely new.  Considering his chart is a fair bit out of date, that was probably for the best.

My general rule became these; Where they in the game proper; if so, include.  If not, do they play significant role in other works; if so, include.  If not, ignore.  This way, I can leave out hordes of errata characters that would've greatly inflated the character count.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:40:39 AM by Aya Reiko »

Imosa

« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2013, 10:16:10 PM »
Weird. I've looked at that line multiple times and never noticed the other arrow.

When I made my chart, I paid zero attention to LP's work and built it entirely new.  Considering his chart is a fair bit out of date, that was probably for the best.
For the most part your charts are the same, simply because relationships don't change so radically. It's not like he missed out on some massive schism in the SDM.

In any case, I'm more interested in the chart rather then what the canon says. That's why I'm asking for other people's input instead of just digesting all the canon myself. Since nobody has raised a complaint about LP's chart, it's not a bad starting point. Since people have been asking for it's expansion I figure that's something I can do, that's what I'm doing. If anyone does have a complaint or brand new input. Now would be an excellent time to mention it.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2013, 11:36:08 PM »
Ichirin and Unzan's relationship could perhaps be "Protector/Protected" or "Guardian/Guarded", since Unzan seems to be her bodyguard, going by SoPM.

Also, shouldn't Murasa be with the rest of the Myouren crew? She's one of their comrades as well, isn't she? At the very least she should have a conection to Byakuren,since she's the one that gave Murasa her ship.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2013, 11:39:57 PM »
Ichirin and Unzan's relationship could perhaps be "Protector/Protected" or "Guardian/Guarded", since Unzan seems to be her bodyguard, going by SoPM.

Also, shouldn't Murasa be with the rest of the Myouren crew? She's one of their comrades as well, isn't she? At the very least she should have a conection to Byakuren,since she's the one that gave Murasa her ship.

She does...

As for Ichirin/Unzan, doesn't make sense for there to be a line in the code just for them.

Imosa

« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2013, 12:38:54 AM »

Thanks, for the input. Guardian sounds pretty good if there isn't anything better.
Murasa should be with the Myouren crew but I wouldn't know what their relation ship is. I would just make her a comrade and follower like Ichirin, Shou, and Nazrin but I wasn't sure if I missed something from TD.

As for Ichirin/Unzan, doesn't make sense for there to be a line in the code just for them.
Really? How do you figure?

-=+=Edit=+=-
Also, what's up with Rumia living in a "Lump of Darkness" on LP's chart
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:52:19 AM by Imosa »

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2013, 02:11:42 AM »
Thanks, for the input. Guardian sounds pretty good if there isn't anything better.
Murasa should be with the Myouren crew but I wouldn't know what their relation ship is. I would just make her a comrade and follower like Ichirin, Shou, and Nazrin but I wasn't sure if I missed something from TD.
She's still with them, as SoPM shows. I think you can put her as comrade and follower like the rest with no problems.
Just noticed, by the way your lines work, it seems you made a mistake in the Byakuren/Shou one; it says that Byakuren is a disciple of Shou and Shou workships Byakuren :P

She does...
I was commenting on Imosa's chart, where Murasa isn't near the Myouren crew and each line has it's meaning written on them.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:16:17 AM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Imosa

« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2013, 05:31:35 AM »
She's still with them, as SoPM shows. I think you can put her as comrade and follower like the rest with no problems.
Just noticed, by the way your lines work, it seems you made a mistake in the Byakuren/Shou one; it says that Byakuren is a disciple of Shou and Shou workships Byakuren :P
Right then. It shall be done. As for Byakuren, this arrow notation is a nightmare to follow. The label is close to whom it applies so Byakuren worships -> shou and shou (is the) disciple (of) -> Byakuren.