Author Topic: *Full Game* Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude (Looking for music composers)  (Read 57375 times)

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
Re: *Full Game* Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude (Looking for music composers)
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »
I just started playing, so I've not seen much yet, though I have some questions.

What do the stats Powering Speed, Versatility, and Accuracy do? I assume Strength is shot damage and Bomb is bomb damage, but I'm not sure about the others.

Also, there is a power number on the side (xxx/150) which seems to be how many power items you pick up, but there is also a vertical bat that says power under it. Is the bar just another display for power items, or does it mean something else?

Sorry if these were explained somewhere and I missed it. :V

Powering speed is how fast you get new familiars. The more familiars a type has, the quicker it gets stronger, which is more important for the first 2 stages and doesn't matter if you're at full power.
Versatility is how many different things you can do with your element. Metal only shoots forward in 1 direction, so it has a low versatility. Fire shoots forward, but you can stick it in one place by focussing, so it has a higher versatility. Earth flies in many directions, high versatility.
Accuracy is how much the bullets aim at one spot. High for metal (straight beams), low for earth (scattered shots). Not exactly the opposite of Versatility, but close to it.

The vertical bar is just a quick color-coded display for your power level. It saves you the distraction of reading the number/150. ;)
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2012, 02:23:48 PM »
Okay, my 1st impression on Nightmare : not so difficult until death fairy and boss
And,
Spoiler:
holy shit the boss has so much health!!
Even I have 6 lives, I can survive until 4th spellcard...

EDIT : Manage until last spellcard but dead (dude, that 2nd card before last is crazy)
All of my Bombs gone at last nonspellcard, doh!
Well, hope you'll make it more balance, IMO Nightmare almost impossible (or maybe just me)
List spellcard that I can capture (I give up for the rest)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:36:20 PM by Yao-Kun »

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...

puremrz

« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2012, 06:50:55 PM »
Okay, my 1st impression on Nightmare : not so difficult until death fairy and boss
And,
Spoiler:
holy shit the boss has so much health!!
Even I have 6 lives, I can survive until 4th spellcard...

EDIT : Manage until last spellcard but dead (dude, that 2nd card before last is crazy)
All of my Bombs gone at last nonspellcard, doh!
Well, hope you'll make it more balance, IMO Nightmare almost impossible (or maybe just me)
List spellcard that I can capture (I give up for the rest)

You are in luck! I nerfed Nightmare a bit, gave the boss less health, made the 5th, 8th and 9th spellcards easier too (especially 9th).
Furthermore, losing a life costs only 10 power, and switching costs 4. So be sure to adjust your element to the situation. Did you switch elements during the stage portion?
Also there's a bigger death response time for all elements, so try out the others too. Metal works wonders now combined with its big item collection radius.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iwb9f36xrfdi8e5 1.4!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:07:19 PM by puremrz »

Yao-Kun

« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2012, 04:07:33 AM »
Well, I prefer use fire since longer deathbomb and standby option  :P
Anyway, this is my Nightmare Clear
Now I want to finish my Touhou GTA  :3

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2012, 04:36:26 AM »

Wow. That's ridiculous.

Welp! Now I know what to out-do in my extra!

« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2012, 05:06:49 AM »
I really love the patterns in this game. One question though what is the hit box on those bubble-like bulllets?

puremrz

« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2012, 08:36:56 AM »
I really love the patterns in this game. One question though what is the hit box on those bubble-like bulllets?

It's where the light part of the bullet begins. Approximately.

Awesome! You made it seem easy with 3 lives left!
Now I'll try it too, since I haven't cleared Nightmare yet.
Edit: Finished it, last life, no bombs, phew!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:46:20 PM by puremrz »

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2012, 07:23:16 PM »
Just watched this. Some patterns are pretty ridiculous, but firebomb is ridiculous too, so it looks kinda unbalanced, but doable.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Zil

« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2012, 10:26:30 PM »
Holy crap this game is good. I wish I didn't have such terrible input lag so I could actually play it properly! Someday, when I have a better computer, I'll try Lunatic mode.

As it is I'm having trouble with Normal. You wouldn't be against telling me which bosses are weak to which element, would you?

Oh, and thanks for the quick reply with the info from before. :V

puremrz

« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2012, 08:03:08 AM »
Holy crap this game is good. I wish I didn't have such terrible input lag so I could actually play it properly! Someday, when I have a better computer, I'll try Lunatic mode.

As it is I'm having trouble with Normal. You wouldn't be against telling me which bosses are weak to which element, would you?

Oh, and thanks for the quick reply with the info from before. :V

You said bosses, so:

Amaya, ?? and Takeo are weak to Wood.
Hotaru, ?? and Sayuri are weak to Earth.
Setsuko, ?? and Shinichi are weak to Water.
??, Mai and Tomomi are weak to Fire.
Kurumi, ?? and ?? are weak to Metal.
The final boss has no weakness.
The question marks are mid-bosses, but I'll let you figure those out. ;)

Be sure to master death-bombing, you'll need it! Although with the Fire element that everyone is using it's really easy to death-bomb... But since the last update, the other elements also have a long death-bomb time!
Metal is really good, for collecting items and its focussed shot. And Earth for killing enemies. And Water for... uh... And Wood is very strong too. ._.

Soon I'll upload a video that shows off the next game's character script for Ryo. And if I don't, remind me of it.

Zil

« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2012, 08:44:32 AM »
I've mostly been using the wood type because it's strong and gets more items, which translates into more lives. Personally I've never been one to rely on deathbombing for survival, so is there some reason I should worry about it other than just saving myself? Relying on deathbombs with my level of input lag would be... questionable.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2012, 09:18:25 AM »
Holy hell this game is amazing as fuck
I would totally buy this

puremrz

« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2012, 09:30:54 AM »
I've mostly been using the wood type because it's strong and gets more items, which translates into more lives. Personally I've never been one to rely on deathbombing for survival, so is there some reason I should worry about it other than just saving myself? Relying on deathbombs with my level of input lag would be... questionable.

Nah, no need to rely on them. It's just that things can get a little tough in Extra/Nightmare. Luckily there's Spellcard Practise.
But I may need to nerf Extra a bit more...

Holy hell this game is amazing as fuck
I would totally buy this

8)

Yao-Kun

« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2012, 03:56:40 AM »
28 minutes of fail from last word  :getdown:
Now let's hear other opinion about this spellcard.

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

puremrz

« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2012, 08:44:50 AM »
28 minutes of fail from last word  :getdown:
Now let's hear other opinion about this spellcard.

I normally get sick of it after 5 minutes :V
Just tried it again myself, and I got this far after about 25 tries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EJQKhXQ3PE&feature=youtu.be

OverCoat

• Don't think. Feel, and you'll be tanasinn.
    • OverCoat Music
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2012, 12:46:44 PM »
What's with all the projects on these forums that need composers?

Are you still looking for one? How much music do you need?

puremrz

« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2012, 06:04:36 PM »
What's with all the projects on these forums that need composers?

Are you still looking for one? How much music do you need?

I still need composers. The menu music is done, and someone is working on stage 1. I still need songs for the rest of the stages and bosses.

Yao-Kun

« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2012, 06:36:05 PM »
At last  :V

5 hours streak practice, now I need to resting my hand.

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

puremrz

« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
At last  :V

5 hours streak practice, now I need to resting my hand.

I'm surprised you didn't unlock Kurumi's (capture 25 spellcards in 1 run) and Ryo's (graze 2500 bullets in 1 run) Trump Cards yet. I'm not suprised about Hotaru's though :V (Now unlock Takeo's >;D)
Good job on capturing Tomoko's and Ayano's, those are really tough. And False Awakening too.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2012, 07:46:25 PM »
I haven't unlocked Kurumi's, Tomomi's, Haruna's, Shinichi's and the Witches.

I haven't captured Tomoko's, Youko's, Mai's and Ryo.

All the other are under my possesion. I think that my current spellcard points are 300 or so...
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

puremrz

« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2012, 08:34:14 PM »
I haven't unlocked Kurumi's, Tomomi's, Haruna's, Shinichi's and the Witches.

I haven't captured Tomoko's, Youko's, Mai's and Ryo.

All the other are under my possesion. I think that my current spellcard points are 300 or so...

Did you download version 1.4? It makes it easier to unlock Tomomi's, Haruna's, and Shinichi's Trump Cards.
Just open the script folder, and backup Juuni Jumon - Full Game_save.dat so you don't lose your save data.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
Uuhh.... downloading now...
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
Just played this game from start to finish.

First problem I had was getting the game to run, running config didn't seem to help much. But running a spellcard under the "Single" option, letting that crash and kick me out to the danmakufu main menu and then booting the game up seemed to get it working just fine so whatever! Moving on!

It just worries me since I have another Danmakufu project I'm waiting on and I will cry if I can't get it working since I've been looking forward to it for so long.

It looks fantastic and has a very unique twist on the formula. I really have the commend the whole effort here, you really pulled out all the stops, creative spellcards, interesting gameplay mechanics, absolutely gorgeous looking background and sprite work. It's a fine specimen of a shooter game and one I would whole heartedly recommend to anyone

The only real problem I have with how it plays is that of it being absurdly difficult when compared to standard Touhou fare. Consider this anecdotal evidence but I am a person who managed to 1cc UFO Normal on his first time playing said mode after playing through Easy to get the grasp of the UFO mechanic, so I consider myself decent enough to be able to 1cc Normal in a couple of tries.

I played up until about Stage 3 on Normal to get used to the mechanics and also because the game crashed thereafter because I thought I'd be bright and unplug my sodding controller mid-game.   :V

I ended up burning three continues before finishing, I don't really know what you were going for with difficulty balancing but this game Normal is leagues above a standard Touhou game, even considering this game gives you a crapton of time to deathbomb. 

Also, you seem to have a great many spellcards that arbitrarily kill you for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tree Of Life spawns bullets directly on top of you with no warning, Tomoko's "loads a bubbles" nonspell will kill you if you're more than a third up the screen and Dancing Furin which will probably kill you immediately if you're not hugging the bottom outright. While they're not a huge problem since planning and practice will have you overcome these kinds of spellcards quite fast I find it really, really annoying to do since it seems to run counter to the strategy of positioning fire familiars directly under the boss to shotgun them for massive damage.

Unlimited continues is a great idea regardless, limited continues in games are dumb and need to GTFO.

Besides my gripes with the game being crazy hard it's an incredibly good game all around. Really well done!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:22:20 PM by GamingAwesome1 »

I have a thought, puremrz...

Are you going to put a music room into your game and stuff ?

It would have the songs and comments, like ZUN does, you know.

puremrz

I have a thought, puremrz...

Are you going to put a music room into your game and stuff ?

It would have the songs and comments, like ZUN does, you know.

Not in this one, it'd be too hard to add it in. So I'll write it in a txt file instead.
But the next game will have a music room when I get there.

Just played this game from start to finish.

First problem I had was getting the game to run, running config didn't seem to help much. But running a spellcard under the "Single" option, letting that crash and kick me out to the danmakufu main menu and then booting the game up seemed to get it working just fine so whatever! Moving on!

It just worries me since I have another Danmakufu project I'm waiting on and I will cry if I can't get it working since I've been looking forward to it for so long.

It looks fantastic and has a very unique twist on the formula. I really have the commend the whole effort here, you really pulled out all the stops, creative spellcards, interesting gameplay mechanics, absolutely gorgeous looking background and sprite work. It's a fine specimen of a shooter game and one I would whole heartedly recommend to anyone

The only real problem I have with how it plays is that of it being absurdly difficult when compared to standard Touhou fare. Consider this anecdotal evidence but I am a person who managed to 1cc UFO Normal on his first time playing said mode after playing through Easy to get the grasp of the UFO mechanic, so I consider myself decent enough to be able to 1cc Normal in a couple of tries.

I played up until about Stage 3 on Normal to get used to the mechanics and also because the game crashed thereafter because I thought I'd be bright and unplug my sodding controller mid-game.   :V

I ended up burning three continues before finishing, I don't really know what you were going for with difficulty balancing but this game Normal is leagues above a standard Touhou game, even considering this game gives you a crapton of time to deathbomb. 

Also, you seem to have a great many spellcards that arbitrarily kill you for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tree Of Life spawns bullets directly on top of you with no warning, Tomoko's "loads a bubbles" nonspell will kill you if you're more than a third up the screen and Dancing Furin which will probably kill you immediately if you're not hugging the bottom outright. While they're not a huge problem since planning and practice will have you overcome these kinds of spellcards quite fast I find it really, really annoying to do since it seems to run counter to the strategy of positioning fire familiars directly under the boss to shotgun them for massive damage.

Unlimited continues is a great idea regardless, limited continues in games are dumb and need to GTFO.

Besides my gripes with the game being crazy hard it's an incredibly good game all around. Really well done!

Danmakufu and its problems! I can't guess why it won't run properly for some people. There's no Japanese text in it, which usually causes problems. Hm!

As for the difficulty, am I the only one who easily has 3+ lives left at the end on Normal? I consider this game easier than UFO, maybe SA level. Even if I know it by heart myself, I'm not that good at danmaku games. Now Extra and Nightmare are tough (maybe Extra needs more nerfing). But still, beating a shooter game on your very first attempt is pretty boring. It has Easy mode and Spellcard Practise for a reason!

Tree of Life has a very big "bullet delay" :(
Dancing Furin is one of my least favorites. Just like Mai herself.

Which type(s) did you use? Don't say Fire only.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
Not in this one, it'd be too hard to add it in. So I'll write it in a txt file instead.
But the next game will have a music room when I get there.

Danmakufu and its problems! I can't guess why it won't run properly for some people. There's no Japanese text in it, which usually causes problems. Hm!

As for the difficulty, am I the only one who easily has 3+ lives left at the end on Normal? I consider this game easier than UFO, maybe SA level. Even if I know it by heart myself, I'm not that good at danmaku games. Now Extra and Nightmare are tough (maybe Extra needs more nerfing). But still, beating a shooter game on your very first attempt is pretty boring. It has Easy mode and Spellcard Practise for a reason!

Tree of Life has a very big "bullet delay" :(
Dancing Furin is one of my least favorites. Just like Mai herself.

Which type(s) did you use? Don't say Fire only.

To be fair on the count of the difficulty, you did make the game. I remember a good quote from Extra Credits about this sort of thing "If you (from a developer perspective) think your game's difficulty is just right. It's probably way too hard".

I don't think the increased difficulty is a bad thing. Since you've got unlimited continues it's not something I mind terribly much, just something I figured was worth pointing out, it's difficulty curve is much steeper than that of a regular Touhou game, not implying it's a flaw that needs to be corrected. Just that it makes the game less accessible to people not well versed in bullet hell shooters, although granted, given that you have to find this game through the forums of a fan site for a bullet hell shooter series, I don't think that's much of an issue.  :V

For stages, I primarily used Wood type since more points = more lives, right? Seemed like a good idea on paper.

For bosses, yeah I did primarily use Fire type. Sorry, not really sure why you're a downer on the Fire type there, is it because it's the type everyone uses or something? The deathbomb timer makes it nearly impossible to waste bombs (unless you get blind sided by aforementioned two third of screen kill cards) and is thusly good for survival. It's like Border Team from Imperishable Night with that deathbomb timer.

Since Fire makes it difficult to actually lose bombs, I never saw much of a point to using Water type and for the stages, since Wood generates more points and that directly translates into more lives I never found a good reason to be using Metal. And Earth slows you down... sounds like kind of a crap special ability if you ask me, that sounds more like a downgrade than anything.

The above was just my initial reactions to the varying shot types, further playing might reveal more interesting uses for the varying shot types since I can switch between them on the fly (which is a fantastic idea by the way). Just giving you the feedback of a first time player to the varying shot types.

puremrz

« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2012, 12:45:05 PM »
After high *cough* demand, I released the Masahiro player script for everyone to enjoy.
Download the player file
Now with a file for the life and bomb icons (Framework2), I haven't tested it, so you'll probably have to script it in yourself
Or change the location if that works. Meh. *Crawls back in cave*

There are some lines which I added that let you change settings easily:
Code: [Select]
let allowchangeelement=true; // Allow usage of C to switch types
let showelementswitch=true; // Shows the element switcher in the bottom right

SetCommonData("PlayerType",1); // 1= fire 2=metal 3=wood 4=earth 5=water
SetCommonData("InEvent",0); // 1 disables bombing & shooting
SetCommonData("Power",160); // random high number

========

Also, it seems to have gone by unnoticed, but I recently released a new shot sheet for the coming game:

This one is about twice the size of the previous. Have fun with that!

Download the shot sheet
See them in action

Note to future self: Please remember to find this post back if you want to make more hyperlinks.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:40:27 AM by puremrz »

« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2012, 11:56:58 PM »
I'd like to make some music for the  game. Is there a time frame you need all the music done by? What kind of music do you want? Should it be very reminiscent of Touhou? Since, I imagine, there are multiple composers, does the lack of compositional cohesion bother or worry you?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2012, 01:46:35 AM »
If anything, it'll ease the load off me :V
I've yet to come up with any songs that I deem of ample quality :fail:

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2012, 05:32:29 AM »
Masahiro player script

argh ilu so hard puremrz

Cultural Festival shotsheet

Oh wow. It's very versatile I must say. And dem colors, man. But I can't help but notice the oddballs (in my opinion) in the sheet;

-Music notes (I'm guessing since that noone else in Summer Interlude had music as their theme, I am assuming Ryo's nightmare boss will use this, I bet.)

-Claws/Fists (Or this, if I am wrong.)

-Cutlery set (...Nanami, possibly? Though the spell cards I've seen of her do enough for her theme.)

-Neutron symbols (???)

-Leaves (Wouldn't the hit boxes on them make the boss a tough customer, though?)

Also, there's this for the main game;

-Bad ending (I don't think stopping the plural completely if you continue would do good.)

*sleeps*
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:36:07 AM by General Not Bison »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░