Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240666 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #570 on: July 14, 2010, 02:13:30 AM »
So I decided Lunar Clock's worthless for the Youmu fight, using Meiling/Reimu/Cirno/Patchouli now. I've levelled up everyone's SP to the point where I can use Hakurei Barrier twice and Royal Flare three times without needing to focus... and now Youmu's Ghost Half won't stop poisoning my entire party right off the bat.

Bananamatic

« Reply #571 on: July 14, 2010, 02:21:19 AM »
Keep trying? I beat her on my very first attempt :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #572 on: July 14, 2010, 02:31:02 AM »
If anyone here has successfully used the new cheat table for Special Disk, I'd appreciate some help. My original file at 15F is lost forever and I just wanted to get like a level 50 Reimu or something to get back to that point. BUT GOD I CAN'T WORK CHEAT TABLE.

« Reply #573 on: July 14, 2010, 02:38:23 AM »
Keep trying? I beat her on my very first attempt :V
I eventually did get a fight where the RNG decided not to be an insufferable prick, and it actually turned out rather well. Meiling's probably going to replace Remilia in my regular party, partially because Healer's really useful and partially because being able to take a Slash of Eternity when unbuffed's really useful. Probably going to replace Sakuya as well, Lunar Clock is still worthless and Killing Doll uses way too much SP compared to better single-target moves, and even some multi-target moves.

« Reply #574 on: July 14, 2010, 02:57:18 AM »
I eventually did get a fight where the RNG decided not to be an insufferable prick, and it actually turned out rather well. Meiling's probably going to replace Remilia in my regular party, partially because Healer's really useful and partially because being able to take a Slash of Eternity when unbuffed's really useful. Probably going to replace Sakuya as well, Lunar Clock is still worthless and Killing Doll uses way too much SP compared to better single-target moves, and even some multi-target moves.
I wouldn't forget about either of those two if I were you; Remilia remains a solid combination tank/DPSer for much of the game, and Lunar Dial is one of the most useful support skills in  the game once Sakuya builds up enough SP to use it and The World in conjunction.  Granted, there are alternatives (Meiling/Tenshi/Komachi in place of Remi, Aya in place of Sakuya), but they're still good characters in their own right.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #575 on: July 14, 2010, 03:48:45 AM »
treat your regular party as 12, not 4. You are just starting so it's easy to consider 4 your "main" party. But you really really must get used to switching and stuff on a regular basis by the end of the game.

For the cheat table.. Try running WITHOUT applocale while cheating. (or with if you weren't before)

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #576 on: July 14, 2010, 04:16:27 AM »
Well, the problem isn't so much getting the cheat table to work. It's more about how I'm supposed to use it. When I get everything loaded, the values for each cheat are really huge random numbers that make no apparent sense, so I don't know how to change them to get what I want to work.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #577 on: July 14, 2010, 04:44:40 AM »
Well, the problem isn't so much getting the cheat table to work. It's more about how I'm supposed to use it. When I get everything loaded, the values for each cheat are really huge random numbers that make no apparent sense, so I don't know how to change them to get what I want to work.

I know... Try running touhou laby without applocale when using the cheat program (or with if that's not what you normally do).

Applocale WILL influence the addresses being accurate or not.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #578 on: July 14, 2010, 04:57:30 AM »
Using applocale I can't seem to get the cheat table to work at all. Hmm... I'll keep experimenting with this.

EDIT: I've tried everything but I either get a non-working cheat table (?? values) or I get the huge non-sensical values again.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:05:44 AM by YellowYoshi »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #579 on: July 14, 2010, 06:29:11 AM »
Which version of the game are you playing and which version of the cheats are you using? The cheats are for 2.04 and 3.00/1 only.

If you're using 2.04, try adding 0001000 to the address of the cheat. That appears to be the offset for most people.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #580 on: July 14, 2010, 06:33:00 AM »
I'm using Special Disk 3.01 and the latest cheat table you posted here for it. So I have no idea why it doesn't want to work for me.  :V

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #581 on: July 14, 2010, 06:49:28 AM »
You could try the offset or just have to learn to find the addresses on your own. Finding it on your own may turn up a different offset value for you to use.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #582 on: July 14, 2010, 07:19:13 AM »
Well, the addresses APPEAR to be working, since I do get values and all. I'm just guessing my values are wrong since I'm getting randomly generated numbers most of the time. I have a very, very basic grasp of how to find addresses, so maybe it will be enough to find something I can use to get through whatever.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #583 on: July 14, 2010, 08:09:07 AM »
Nitori wont spawn aghahgahghag.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #584 on: July 14, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »
Lemme see here...

Youmu's Ghost Half: takes 130% damage from SPI; 50% damage from CLD, 80% damage from MYS.  MND is half of DEF.  Chance for PAR is only 1/4, but debuff chance is 1/2; favour trying to drop its speed first.
Youmu herself: No elemental changes.  MND is half of DEF.  Chance for PAR is 1/2, and debuff is 3/4.  She's easier to disable than the ghost half as a result.

Also, you still only have a limited party right now (Don't forget to go get Minoriko if you haven't yet!).  Don't flat out drop Sakuya or anything - keep her in and let her swap in for a more key character that needs to recharge SP, and have her throw down a Lunar Dial in that time.  Youmu's got a lot of speed for where you are in the game (125 or something like that), so every bit of advantage is still a bit of an advantage.
Finally, Meiling might seem to be a better choice for a 'main' party than Remilia, but I'd only say to keep Meiling in your party for bosses.  Her ability to handle random encounters drops really fast - Remilia shares the single-target limit, but she tends to be capable of doing far more actual damage output.

Good luck out there.

ALSO: to everyone who has ever suggested that the v2 bosses are a cakewalk, I want to hunt you down.  The damage these bastards do is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:38:04 AM by Garlyle »

Bananamatic

« Reply #585 on: July 14, 2010, 11:33:51 AM »
ALSO: to everyone who has ever suggested that the v2 bosses are a cakewalk, I want to hunt you down.  The damage these bastards do is ridiculous.
damage rush, 18F buff and beat these bastards down
some are easier, some are harder :V

EDIT: Reimu lv290something, how long will this grind take? :V
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:03:13 PM by Bananamatic »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #586 on: July 14, 2010, 01:13:23 PM »
That's because a lot of them are supposed to be beaten at significantly higher levels. :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #587 on: July 14, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »
Cirno v2 managed to take out Wriggle because I didn't pay attention to her HP. Still a cakewalk :V.

Bananamatic

« Reply #588 on: July 15, 2010, 01:42:08 AM »
v2s still can take out lv250+ chars when you aren't careful

kind of disappointing to have the v2 boss rush end without the v2 boss

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #589 on: July 15, 2010, 07:59:05 PM »
 I was wondering how do you disable the magic circle that leads to  Iku Nagae?

Bananamatic

« Reply #590 on: July 15, 2010, 08:00:54 PM »
Kill the sigil's guardian, I guess? :V

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #591 on: July 15, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »
But arent there just 2 sigil gaurdians? And I really wanted to add Iku.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #592 on: July 15, 2010, 08:48:11 PM »
But arent there just 2 sigil gaurdians? And I really wanted to add Iku.
The sigil leading to Iku is kind of mandatory to continue in the game, anyway :V

If you don't have her and you're past 6F, you missed something on 6F.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #593 on: July 15, 2010, 09:09:30 PM »
I officially give up on Cheat Table.  :V

In other news I've nearly finished 2F again. Just got a bit more exploring to do then I get to fight Youmu. Fun tiems am I right?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #594 on: July 16, 2010, 07:05:42 AM »
I notice the database has the formulas for enemy-only attacks like tackle. Alas, while I can sorta piece together the stats using the Japanese text, it's slow and I have to double-check sometimes and then I forget where I was etc. Is there some way to google translate an html file on your HD or something?

edit: and I don't mean on a per-page basis, but all the files like you were browsing a webpage.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #595 on: July 16, 2010, 08:32:08 AM »
Upload the pages somewhere and access them via google translate?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #596 on: July 16, 2010, 08:57:07 AM »
Upload the pages somewhere and access them via google translate?

Yeah... was hoping for an quicker way >=P

« Reply #597 on: July 16, 2010, 10:05:14 AM »
Okuu, Yuuka, Shiki, Last Boss v2..
which is worst? which is best?

*is getting :getdown: from massive grinding and exploring, and then crashed to Shiki with only 6 people alive.
Note to self: if there's a warp point on a room, go back and save before continue exploring.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #598 on: July 16, 2010, 04:32:11 PM »
Okuu, Yuuka, Shiki, Last Boss v2..
which is worst? which is best?
Last Boss v2 is recommended level of like 230. Yuuka and Okuu shouldn't be fought for way longer. Shiki should be kinda doable if you can reach her, but likely difficult, and bringing in Komachi to survive her random first slot nuke is helpful.
I notice the database has the formulas for enemy-only attacks like tackle. Alas, while I can sorta piece together the stats using the Japanese text, it's slow and I have to double-check sometimes and then I forget where I was etc. Is there some way to google translate an html file on your HD or something?
The best thing I can say is, open it using Notepad (Yes this won't give you garbled crap), and use the Replace-All function to replace japanese words with the english ones. That's the best advice I can give, though.

Bananamatic

« Reply #599 on: July 16, 2010, 05:06:29 PM »
V2 is easiest, the HP definitely isn't high enough for this point of game. Just make sure to prepare Hourai Barrage for the top part. Then you'll finish her off in 3 hits.

Shiki doesn't do much damage, it's a matter of not losing too many chars to Last Judgment and damage rushing her, as her party wipe is timed anytime from 50% HP.

Yuka gives you a warning before releasing Master Spark.

Okuu is definitely the worst, she buffs her magic with one of her attacks and Giga Flare comes out without a warning - and it has party wiping potential. No focus, nothing, she just blasts it as you and you either have somebody capable of surviving it or you're screwed.