Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240669 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #360 on: June 22, 2010, 06:33:51 PM »
Where is the better place to grind after 18F anyways? 19F is faster battles but some enemies are damn annoying while 20F gives easy to pick off single enemies with greater SP/XP rate(which was awful at 18F)

Also, the possibility of rare drops :V

And...how useful is 18F?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #361 on: June 22, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »
Minoriko has better MND growth then Sanae, and a faster level up rate. This is worth noting. And about melee, Sanae's DEF is still pitiful. It's only a little less pitiful then Minoriko's :V

Minoriko's MND ignoring attack is okay in random battles against stuff either weak to NTR, or that tends to take 0 damage, especially since the alternative
Spoiler:
Kaguya
isn't usually available until 16F or later. But you'll never use Minoriko OR Sanae for attacking in boss battles, except in an emergency, neither of them do great damage, and they have much better things to do.

@Banana, 19F is better then 18F. It should be easier, too. And 20F is by far better then 19F.

18F character has okay attacks, they're pretty usable, and defensive capabilities are nice. Better version of Remi, I suppose. But 18F has cooties. ):
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #362 on: June 22, 2010, 06:40:34 PM »
Where is the better place to grind after 18F anyways? 19F is faster battles but some enemies are damn annoying while 20F gives easy to pick off single enemies with greater SP/XP rate(which was awful at 18F)

Also, the possibility of rare drops :V

And...how useful is 18F?
Grind 19F at first, until you feel you can reliably handle 20F - the enemies on 20F tend to be WAY the hell more dangerous than 19F's, and so long as you're taking out 19F's monsters significantly faster, you're probably getting SP/XP faster.

Spoiler:
Rinnosuke
has the highest overall stat growths in the game, excellent resistances and affinities, and the only setbacks are low TP and being the slowest to level.  Therefore, 18F is an awesomely balanced tank who's capable of dealing out some pretty significant damage and has the best singular buff in the game, minus the whole TP Drain side effect (Unless you're using the no-skill-animations glitchiness).  Of course, if you want 18F to continue to be able to do everything, you do need to make some investments SP/equipment wise to ensure survival after using that buff (You won't be able to switch out due to 0 TP!), but there's definitely reason to use 'em.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:42:07 PM by Garlyle »

Bananamatic

« Reply #363 on: June 22, 2010, 06:48:03 PM »
Hard to tell what is reliably - depending on F8, I can handle almost everything if paralysis connects. At the very least, I can reliably handle the knights.

Also what is with the glitch when the game randomly holds the up button after minimizing it for some time?

« Reply #364 on: June 22, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
thank you for your quick answers, and @Esoterica: yes, that's what I wanted to ask. :V
currently I'm at 18F and still grinding, Reimu is 92 now.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #365 on: June 22, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »
People keep saying that
Spoiler:
Sanae
is more durable than Mino. but I totally disagree. She may have better def, but her much worse leveling speed makes it so her better def is really not significant. Mino on the other hand is *MUCH* better at surviving mnd-based attacks.
Spoiler:
Sanae
on the other hand gets totally clobbered by any decent-powered multi-target mnd-based nuke. On almost EVERY boss fight in my first playthru, she got 1shot by some nuke or another, even WITH Reimu's defensive buffs.

Bananamatic

« Reply #366 on: June 22, 2010, 07:27:57 PM »
Flower Blade Kikuryusei drop :V
Looks like an item made for F18...yeah, screw F19, I'm grinding here :3

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #367 on: June 22, 2010, 08:07:27 PM »
Flower Blade Kikuryusei drop :V
Looks like an item made for F18...yeah, screw F19, I'm grinding here :3

Nice, that's my fave item on the floor, it's sooo good.
Everyone oogles at Scourge, but, I'd take +72% to 3 other used stats than a simple +20-40 to atk/mag ANY DAY.

My first 30F drop was armands...the ultimate in suck >=(

Bananamatic

« Reply #368 on: June 22, 2010, 08:16:24 PM »
heh, I just learned how to take down the Raijins easily.
18F buff+F8 nuke+F12 optional buff. Doesn't even get a turn :V

I can take down most stuff in a turn or two with the buff, and returning back isn't really long either. Plus grinding is always more fun when there is a chance of great unique items.

EDIT: SCOURGE FUCK YEAH
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:43:49 PM by Bananamatic »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #369 on: June 23, 2010, 01:30:50 AM »
EDIT: SCOURGE FUCK YEAH

I am sorry but, you lucky son of a submariner! I didn't have that till I beat Final Boss and was grinding for Plus Disk!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #370 on: June 23, 2010, 05:54:48 AM »
I did about 100 encounters before saying screwit and hacking the items.

I'm going to be fairly bored at work today. I'll do some testing for the healers if I can.

Bananamatic

« Reply #371 on: June 23, 2010, 08:34:54 PM »
What a lame final boss
Yeah, make me go through 10 minutes of stupidly easy, then buff yourself to ridiculous amounts and destroy my MP.

brb, grind

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #372 on: June 23, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »
What a lame final boss
Yeah, make me go through 10 minutes of stupidly easy, then buff yourself to ridiculous amounts and destroy my MP.

brb, grind

If you get lucky, Final Boss won't use the Buff or the MP Kill move, it's pure RNG madness. Hope you like Fire Emblem! >:D

Bananamatic

« Reply #373 on: June 23, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »
If you get lucky, Final Boss won't use the Buff or the MP Kill move, it's pure RNG madness. Hope you like Fire Emblem! >:D

well, atleast now I can destroy F20 mobs easily+I have the circle so I can just use the encounter code :V

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #374 on: June 23, 2010, 10:39:03 PM »
> Who needs the encounter code and 20F?
> When you have... 1F and EXP manipulation! You can turn 10 exp into 10,000,000 exp if you wanted!

>_

Bananamatic

« Reply #375 on: June 23, 2010, 10:43:57 PM »
feels more fair, just faster encounters

reimu lv144, trying again

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #376 on: June 23, 2010, 10:49:36 PM »
feels more fair, just faster encounters

reimu lv144, trying again

I thought the final battle was reccomended at Reimu 110.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #377 on: June 23, 2010, 10:50:33 PM »
Says 130-180.

I did mine at 120. 110 is really pushing it.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Bananamatic

« Reply #378 on: June 23, 2010, 10:52:58 PM »
120? How exactly?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #379 on: June 23, 2010, 10:55:17 PM »
The final phase is like all RNG, and that's also the hard part. Final might not use Djinn Storm or Super Buff at all, it might use Djinn Storm, Super buff twice, Djinn Storm then a big nuke, it's so random.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2010, 10:57:21 PM »
Sandbagging, chip down HP / Hit and Run with the cannons, then power through the last stretch without giving a damn for anybody getting KO'd.

For the record, I got buffed against twice in a row, took the hit (only 1 got KO'd, much to my surprise!) and kept pushing through. I generally build my team towards a more defensive setup than what most people here seem to be doing. Hence, I could take hits  :V
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2010, 11:04:58 PM »
Sandbagging, chip down HP / Hit and Run with the cannons, then power through the last stretch without giving a damn for anybody getting KO'd.

For the record, I got buffed against twice in a row, took the hit (only 1 got KO'd, much to my surprise!) and kept pushing through. I generally build my team towards a more defensive setup than what most people here seem to be doing. Hence, I could take hits  :V

Meanwhile, I only ever put Level Bonuses into Offensive stats, save for Meiling,
Spoiler:
Tenshi, Rinnosuke and Renko
so I could just power through stuff. Really helps for dealing with certain bosses like 15F and 16F.

Bananamatic

« Reply #382 on: June 23, 2010, 11:18:25 PM »
It's over :V

So...where do I grind for Hibachi now? And what levels do I need for the other 3 BS bosses?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:32:11 PM by Bananamatic »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #383 on: June 23, 2010, 11:49:20 PM »

So...where do I grind for Hibachi now? And what levels do I need for the other 3 BS bosses?

If you mean the
Spoiler:
Bloody Seals
, your pretty much ready.
Spoiler:
Master Light Wings and Beast of Centurea were beatable before Maribel was. I'd leave a save for Master Light Wings though, he is so much fun to fight :3

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #384 on: June 24, 2010, 12:26:54 AM »

20F.  The good news is that there's now all the Version 2 bosses, and the Boss Rush, and stuff like that to help break up the monotony as you go.  The final bloody seal boss is supposed to be for roughly level... 180-200 or something?  I don't know for sure.  Either way, you should be able to break up that monotony most of the way through by starting the Plus Disk areas around that level too.

« Reply #385 on: June 24, 2010, 06:12:12 AM »
Scourge get on 2nd encounter with the Diamond Knight!!  :getdown:

Bananamatic

« Reply #386 on: June 26, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »
Divine Barrier :V
Going to hack in the rest of the 1-10 page items most likely.

« Reply #387 on: June 26, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »
Divine Barrier Get~

Killed the 1F Bloodstained Seal Boss.
I'm getting sick of "Oh no, I'm low on HP, here, take this nuke."  :fail:
Oh well.

Anyway, is there any easier way to kill The Nords (the three fairy fused into one at 20F) and Raijin Expenditure?

And, what's the role of
Spoiler:
Rinnosuke
? Tank? Damage Dealer?

Bananamatic

« Reply #388 on: June 26, 2010, 04:48:56 PM »
A tank which does damage :V

Norns - use 18F buff and your biggest nukes, wind seems to work well.
Raijin whatever - 8F nature nuke. 18F buff also helps. Or just run, as Armads suck anyways

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #389 on: June 26, 2010, 04:49:22 PM »
Killed the 1F Bloodstained Seal Boss.
I'm getting sick of "Oh no, I'm low on HP, here, take this nuke."  :fail:
Oh well.
Yeah, Plus Disk content tends to fall within that area of kicking you in the pants (Or just does it outright whenever and screws you over).

Anyway, is there any easier way to kill The Nords (the three fairy fused into one at 20F) and Raijin Expenditure?
I can't remember what I did exactly.  Something usually along the line of 18F's buff and brute forcing them down to size.  Then again, Raijin's Expenditure had something against my
Spoiler:
Flandre
because she would almost always get owned by one of its first round of lightning bolts...while being in the 4th slot the whole time.

And, what's the role of
Spoiler:
Rinnosuke
? Tank? Damage Dealer?
18F can be both if you really wanted, though I believe 18F is more geared to doing tanking duties.  1st skill does some decent damage and ignores some of the enemy's DEF as well.  18F's other attacks aren't too shabby (One of them is a composite attack too I think, not sure).

Best skill is a buff that can be used as a panic button during tough fights.  Downside is that it drains all of 18F's TP so make sure 18F is ready to stay out for awhile when you fire it off.

The other downsides...lowest starting TP of any recruitable (2 or 3 I think) and highest exp requirements to level up (Not that huge of a deal truthfully).

I usually keep 18F in the 2nd slot.  Remi usually takes up the 1st slot just because I like her there with her 123k HP and all.

Should try to continue my 30F grinding here in the next few days or so.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4