Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240651 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2010, 02:54:14 PM »
the first one

just gave patchouli enough buffs to take her attacks and destroyed her with Silent Selene

Spoiler:
Great! Now you just need 1k LP or w/e between Eirin, Reisen, Mokou and Sanae. No clue why Sanae is involved >.> Once you have enough, I hope your ready for Flowing Hellfire >:D

Bananamatic

« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2010, 02:56:52 PM »
how much BP is one fight?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2010, 02:58:03 PM »
how much BP is one fight?
1 point for each of the 4 people who's in the party when you start, 1 more for each when you finish.

So you can get up to 8 BP per battle. Or you can hack one of their BP to 1000.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #303 on: June 19, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »
well, no 12F for me then :V

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #304 on: June 19, 2010, 03:02:17 PM »
Nah it's easy. Set the characters needed into your front 4, then start fighting on 1F. Also helps if you have been using one or two of the characters when they first became available, kills some of the effort. You can knock off the BP in 250 battle if you use all 4, and on 1F, 250 battles goes by FAST at levels for being on 12F

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #305 on: June 19, 2010, 03:05:51 PM »
250 is still a pretty long time... that sounds boring as hell.

It's better to just throw them into your front row party whenever you do any grinding. At the very least, if you actually use any of them normally, try to bring them into random battles constantly.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2010, 03:13:03 PM »
and how to make the game run in japanese locale

all I see is the font and blackness

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #307 on: June 19, 2010, 03:22:48 PM »
Spoiler:
No matter what her stats say, or what anyone else says, Reisen is pretty damn good for dpsing trash and bosses, ingoring her buff. With it in boss fights, I laugh. I use the buff until she maxes out, then a spell like Discarder, then the buff, rinse repeat ad infinitum. For trash, Lunatic Red Eyes is my bread-and-butter. I think... Mokou is like the FF Ether or Elixir, AwesomeButImpractical, her moves are great, but the price tag, dear Yukari, the price tag. 60 for 3 of her cards and like 112 for her last.

Bananamatic

« Reply #308 on: June 19, 2010, 03:26:32 PM »
wait, isn't it better to put the 4 girls to the front and grind on some easier floor which still gives exp? F13 are 1 shots, so why do F1?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »
Spoiler:
No matter what her stats say, or what anyone else says, Reisen is pretty damn good for dpsing trash and bosses, ingoring her buff. With it in boss fights, I laugh. I use the buff until she maxes out, then a spell like Discarder, then the buff, rinse repeat ad infinitum. For trash, Lunatic Red Eyes is my bread-and-butter. I think... Mokou is like the FF Ether or Elixir, AwesomeButImpractical, her moves are great, but the price tag, dear Yukari, the price tag. 60 for 3 of her cards and like 112 for her last.
Case A.Not enough SP to keep this up for a long amount of time. And then in plus disk, self-buffs don't make you special because everyone should be buffed all the time by someone like
Spoiler:
Renko
anyway.
Case B.Her attacks really aren't anything special, and all the ones that are worth using are FIR element. She isn't bad, but she's definitely nothing above average, and even being just average is kinda ehh in this game. The SP really isn't a problem, except for the 112-cost spell.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2010, 04:28:46 PM »
wait, isn't it better to put the 4 girls to the front and grind on some easier floor which still gives exp? F13 are 1 shots, so why do F1?

Because I forget the trash :V Basicly, put all 4 in, go to a floor you know that ALL of them will be able to OHKO the trash then go wild. Then better :V

« Reply #311 on: June 19, 2010, 06:25:34 PM »
Spoiler:
I used her until I realized self-buff + <insert attack here> was doing less damage than Rumia non-buffed. :derp:

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #312 on: June 19, 2010, 08:16:41 PM »
Just as I thought. Having 2.06 installed concurrent to 2.04 screws with the cheat tables. It messed with the addresses of character stats as far as I can tell.

Bananamatic

« Reply #313 on: June 19, 2010, 09:33:26 PM »
so basically, can I freely switch to 2.06 for faster grinding, then back to 2.04 for bosses and exploration?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #314 on: June 19, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »
2.06 has faster grinding?

Bananamatic

« Reply #315 on: June 19, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »
The removed battle animations cut away a LOT of time. Trust me :V

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #316 on: June 19, 2010, 09:53:21 PM »
9-squad starting 10-12F at average level of 65. Rolling dem mooks :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #317 on: June 20, 2010, 12:16:31 AM »
Case A.Not enough SP to keep this up for a long amount of time. And then in plus disk, self-buffs don't make you special because everyone should be buffed all the time by someone like
Spoiler:
Renko
anyway.
Case B.Her attacks really aren't anything special, and all the ones that are worth using are FIR element. She isn't bad, but she's definitely nothing above average, and even being just average is kinda ehh in this game. The SP really isn't a problem, except for the 112-cost spell.

I don't really agree. Your example is pretty much the ONLY person capable of keeping a full group buffed well, and even then it comes at a big cost (ap gauge emptied). Self buffs are important IMO, except for the particularly crummy ones like 9 F girls or whatever.

I still think you know who is poor though, even fully buffed, her poor stats combined with her even poorer attack formulas make her pretty bad IMO.

Bananamatic

« Reply #318 on: June 20, 2010, 12:21:49 AM »
Got second F12 optional

So, purely magic or spend something on magic def?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #319 on: June 20, 2010, 12:38:19 AM »
Got second F12 optional

So, purely magic or spend something on magic def?

I always spend more points on main defensive stats than main offensive stats with all my characters excluding Marisa, and peopel who have virtually no defensive stats at all. Chen
Spoiler:
Flan

It's up to you how much to spend, but it's pretty plain stupid to spend none at all.

Bananamatic

« Reply #320 on: June 20, 2010, 12:53:08 AM »
lol F16 boss

Spoiler:
Went in, accidentally used Mishaguji-Sama first, which gave me a stronger second strike though.
Then suddenly Djinn Storm, so I used Focus and put Suwako on the bench...another Djinn Storm? Thought she would use it continuously, so I focused some more, she used IN Quadruple Barrier and I thought that I caused some special counter and how screwed I am - then I used one more Croaking Frog...and she died.
Talk about an anticlimatic battle, I reduced her 3 form battle into a 1 form damage rush

I was really, really confused :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #321 on: June 20, 2010, 01:28:36 AM »
Ha ha, old chap! F16 boss

Spoiler:
Went in, accidentally used Mishaguji-Sama first, which gave me a stronger second strike though.
Then suddenly Djinn Storm, so I used Focus and put Suwako on the bench...another Djinn Storm? Thought she would use it continuously, so I focused some more, she used IN Quadruple Barrier and I thought that I caused some special counter and how screwed I am - then I used one more Croaking Frog...and she died.
Talk about an anticlimatic battle, I reduced her 3 form battle into a 1 form damage rush

I was really, really confused :V

Was the most difficult boss in the game for me lol. But I didn't use that character. F18 boss is one that gives people alot of trouble and I beat it on my first try without any grinding whatsoever  (after 16F boss that is) without breaking a sweat.

Djinn storm after 1 hit though? damn.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #322 on: June 20, 2010, 01:31:31 AM »
Djinn storm after 1 hit though? damn.
Two Djinn Storms after one hit.

Suwako must have done like 400k damage. God.

Bananamatic

« Reply #323 on: June 20, 2010, 01:39:55 AM »
if anyone wants to see, F16 boss spoiler obviously

Somehow it feels like I put way too much points into attack :V
I did just under 250k damage, then got 290k on the next turn thanks to F12.
One more shot was just enough to finish her off.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #324 on: June 20, 2010, 02:05:24 AM »
I can't watch the video, apperently it's "private" whatever that means.

Bananamatic

« Reply #325 on: June 20, 2010, 02:22:44 AM »
I can't watch the video, apperently it's "private" whatever that means.
Ugh, my bad :V
Should work now.

Anyways, anything noteworthy on F17? Heard stuff about how it should be skipped because F18 is actually easier.

« Reply #326 on: June 20, 2010, 02:37:21 AM »
Spoiler:
Yukari
has 650k hp. Her first phase is till 400k, second is from 400k to 200k, and last is under 200k. You inadvertently got the damage timing so that you skipped her second phase.

There is nothing on 17F. I would skip it, though I wouldn't say 18F enemies are easier (I found the only reliable strategy at lvl 70 was a certain 15F character's god attack).

edited for spoilers
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 03:33:38 AM by Topos »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #327 on: June 20, 2010, 02:57:30 AM »
Umm, spoiler much Topos? I thought the rules of thumb was spoiler-mark anything passed 5F or the 2nd character page.

marina2

« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2010, 01:49:34 PM »
What I like about 17F are those 3-color Angel conception random battles. They'e cute ^^ (but their skills are not so cute...)

By the way, 20F enemies Divine lighting (x3) + random spell combo is evil....  ,but I get used to it now.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 02:02:14 PM by marina2 »

Bananamatic

« Reply #329 on: June 20, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »
18F is rape :V