Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240105 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2010, 03:17:12 PM »
Spoiler:
KO In 3 Steps
Do add spoiler tags to this (like so) as it definitely gives an indication as to who the boss is here.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

IBakaChan

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2010, 03:31:41 PM »
Do add spoiler tags to this (like so) as it definitely gives an indication as to who the boss is here.

Sorry :< Didn't really think there...

Anyways, off to go hunt some EXP and equipment!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2010, 03:39:53 PM »
Expensive spells are damn crippling.
Spoiler:
Keine
looks awesome for this sort of stuff on review.

whaaaa? Her spells aren't much cheaper, and truth be told they're flat out FEEBLE

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2010, 04:20:53 PM »
Patchy's multis cost 30 and her big nukes cost 52. Spammable multis at 54 is far better than ones that cost 96 and up.
Spoiler:
Kaguya
the other forerunner for mage slot.

My team preference is leaning
Spoiler:
Tenshi / Mysti / Minoriko / Kaguya
The team might be too NTR based though. If I sub in Meiling, it might be more worthwhile to put
Spoiler:
Suwako
in place of Minoriko to take out redundant healing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2010, 06:10:44 PM »
My team preference is leaning
Spoiler:
Tenshi / Mysti / Minoriko / Kaguya
Might have a little trouble with your mage slot dying, in that setup; I'd pick Alice for your mage, since with the increased levelup speeds, her DEF/MND should actually be pretty sufficient. You can stick her in 3rd slot, and have Minoriko in the last one, which is good because she's important for buffing/healing your two damage dealers and you don't want her to die. Or maybe have
Spoiler:
Mystia
in the third slot, because her defensive stats are worse then Alice's.

But yeah, if it came down to it, you could probably 10Fsolo any boss who doesn't have a DEF/MND ignoring attack. It'd just take forever :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

IBakaChan

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2010, 06:57:42 PM »
...Oh, snap.

I think I just arrived on floor HELL from what I've heard...

7F=Ridiculously hard?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2010, 06:59:52 PM »
...Oh, snap.

I think I just arrived on floor HELL from what I've heard...

7F=Ridiculously hard?

Not too hard. Long. And... be prepared for ownage from the boss.

Bananamatic

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2010, 07:12:47 PM »
Yeah, I'm there now.
Trial and error. Nothing else.

IBakaChan

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2010, 07:15:13 PM »
Not too hard. Long. And... be prepared for ownage from the boss.

... :V

Off to do some exploration+Grinding...

Also, what are your preffered teams?

Mine is probably something like China,
Spoiler:
Yuugi
, Reimu/
Spoiler:
Minoriko
, Marisa/Patchy.

EDIT: Well, at least the music is good. And grinding won't be so necesarry if I don't check the wiki...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 07:17:07 PM by IBakaChan »

Bananamatic

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2010, 07:24:04 PM »
Only on floor 7 so far, basically whoever has enough SP at the moment and isn't
Spoiler:
Wriggle, Aya, Rumia, Chen or Cirno

IBakaChan

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2010, 07:28:11 PM »
I actually find
Spoiler:
Cirno
quite useful for wiping away random encounters, when paired up with Sakuya or Marisa.
Otherwise I agree.
Spoiler:
Wriggle
just isn't good for anything other than bosses weak to her power :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2010, 08:10:59 PM »
I haven't found the 7F boss that hard - first time I died because I didn't expect the second big attack coming so soon, second time I didn't equip Reimu enough and she got 1 shot and won on the 3rd try.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2010, 08:35:29 PM »
Spoiler:
Why do we need spoilers around Aya?
Anyways, I've been using her for quite a while, and aside from Chen, she's your only hope against tops on 10-12. Even then, the F12 tops can outspeed them but it's better than them getting 2 turns before everyone else. Especially when you encounter three of the tops at a time.

IBakaChan

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2010, 08:46:45 PM »
My only real problem with her is the fact that her attacks are all round 500 on random encounters.

I dunno why we have spoiler on her, I just don't want to risk anything :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2010, 09:03:16 PM »
my logic: if it can't tank, buff attack/defense, heal or properly nuke, it sucks :V

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2010, 09:33:26 PM »
She can get in, what, 50 bajillion of her last attack on bosses and then swap herself out before getting hit, which dealt around 7000~ for me (after a quite large amount of attack boosts from skill points). IIRC, I was able to use her second attack to clear virtually every enemy group on F7 in one blow...

And it also seems as though SP recovery while in the back is affected by speed, so I'mma throw that out there too.

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2010, 10:27:33 PM »
And it also seems as though SP recovery while in the back is affected by speed, so I'mma throw that out there too.
I'm pretty much positive  it is.  I can have Sakuya Za Warudo + Luna Dial, plop her in the back, and her SP's maxed out again in just a few turns.

Also, first post says spoilers aren't needed until past floor 6ish, and you see the character in question at the beginning of floor 2, so yeah.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2010, 06:07:21 AM »
Also, first post says spoilers aren't needed until past floor 6ish, and you see the character in question at the beginning of floor 2, so yeah.

> So, by that logic
Spoiler:
Yuugi
is not worthy of the spoiler tag.

> 7F is likly the first point you will actually need to grind to beat a boss. If not on 7F, then later. The boss has earned the hate of many a player, mostly over one, *1*, generic spell it has that happens to hurt like HELL
Spoiler:
Fire
!

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2010, 06:23:55 AM »
> So, by that logic
Spoiler:
Yuugi
is not worthy of the spoiler tag.

> 7F is likly the first point you will actually need to grind to beat a boss. If not on 7F, then later. The boss has earned the hate of many a player, mostly over one, *1*, generic spell it has that happens to hurt like HELL
Spoiler:
Fire
!
Technically 7F's spell shouldn't need to be censored either, considering it's a generic spell used by other bosses as well (such as 15F).

Yes, I do know you were making a joke. :V

IBakaChan

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2010, 07:21:28 AM »
So... All characters on the first page of characters(Not counting the starter ones) on the wiki is safe to say?

...Has anyone found a good use for Alice? The only time she has helped me was kinda in the
Spoiler:
Yuugi
battle :V Y'know, spam Holland Doll and hope to god the MND debuff hits, so she will be even more owned by MASTAH SPARK and Silent Selene.

Spoiler:
Yuugi
on the other hand...
Pure awesome in my eyes :V

IBakaChan

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2010, 07:32:46 AM »
my logic: if it can't tank, buff attack/defense, heal or properly nuke, it sucks :V

Then I assume you haven't done this:
Pull out Aya, let her speed buff first herself, then everyone else TO THE EXTREME(!!) until her sp runs out. Put her back in and get out someone else who's more useful. SPD buffed China saved my ass a couple of times :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2010, 07:45:15 AM »
Well, that's definitely one highlight of Alice, being able to debuff various stats (offensive and defensive ones). Some of her attacks have "strange" formulas, meaning that they can deal rather large amounts of damage, or deal something close to 0 depending on what enemy you use the attack on. Overall, I would say that she's a mixed bag of goodies capable of covering a lot of tasks, but isn't the best at doing them. With this she's good as a "support" unit of sorts (stacking debuffs for instance) or for dealing random encounters; her large SP growth should also mean that she can stay out and repeatedly debuff / roll mooks without needing to get switched out (later of course, when the SP increases per level up actually become notable). Possibly also filling the role of an attacker during boss fights while you switch your glass cannons out to recharge / prevent them from dying to a boss attack. Her stats are fairly well-rounded and she levels up rather quickly as well, meaning that her stats actually do keep up to a certain point (don't overdo it).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:47:25 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2010, 07:59:24 AM »
Alice is your single target FIR nuke mage, sometimes she's better than Patchy for it.

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2010, 08:37:24 AM »
Alice is your single target FIR nuke mage, sometimes she's better than Patchy for it.
This.  Return Inanimate is amazing.

Her debuffs, surprising durability for a nuker, and her ability to target either defensive stat make her rather useful for just about everything.

IBakaChan

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2010, 09:07:44 AM »
I had just explored pretty much all of 7F, AND beaten
Spoiler:
Nitori
on random encounter, gotten some awesome DEF item for China and a Blade Cuisinart for Remi/
Spoiler:
Yuugi
When those annoying lightningsballs that are faster than Patchy comes out and I'm like "Hurr, I gotta let Alice and Reimu focus for some SP" forgets that they have higher speed than Patchy and I get wiped out.

Time to redo...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2010, 09:42:55 AM »
The only things faster than you at that stage should be the swordfishes. The balls should die fairly easily to MYS attacks.

IBakaChan

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2010, 10:38:39 AM »
So Asteroid Belt should kill them? :V

By the by, I heard that
Spoiler:
Yuka and Utsuho
were in the game.
Are they, and when do I get them? Also, thoughts on how useful they are if the exist.

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »
Those two are in the grind-hell known as the Plus Disk, and both are optional (and fairly difficult, especially
Spoiler:
Utsuho
, who was the last boss I beat before 30F).
Spoiler:
Yuka
is a physically durable mage with a useful spread of spells;
Spoiler:
Utsuho
is a pure nuker who buffs herself, hits hard, and dies fast.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2010, 05:41:30 PM »
The only things faster than you at that stage should be the swordfishes. The balls should die fairly easily to MYS attacks.
This.  And those swordfish are annoying as hell.  Pack Aya and Chen into your team to deal with them if they're a problem.

Somewhat unrelated: Is it just me, or is Flashing Cherry Blossoms Youmu's best spell?  Thanks to its DEF piercing (25% of opponent's defense has to be the lowest of any spell beyond flat-out ignoring it) I've never seen God Slash outdamage it on non-wind weak trash,  and again the DEF piercing makes it usually do as much as (if not more than) Slash of Eternity on bosses.  Not to mention it only lowers her active bar to 40% as opposed to the 10% or 0% of her other spells, and having a nature element to it makes it devastating against nature-weak bosses (she was doing as much damage as
Spoiler:
Suwako
to 16F per hit while getting more turns in).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:46:24 PM by Esoterica »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2010, 05:45:56 PM »
You should definitely use Chen anyway. She keeps getting better and better as she levels up; as far as main game (1~20F) goes, at least.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore