Author Topic: Moriya Shrine Revolution Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 68355 times)

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
Re: Moriya Shrine Revolution Mafia - Day 1: The Game Begins!
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 04:56:42 PM »
~*~accessing probability database~*~
~*~assessing tables for player character Stone Mason~*~

....Oh.

Why the hell are you morons voting Stone Mason? He has at least a 75% chance of being town at this point! Seriously, it's a damn good thing Wacky brought me in. Without the power of the mathemagic lattice, you all would be lost, and lynching a likely innocent. Fools.

Now, you know who's not innocent? Anyone who DARES question my innocence!

##Vote: Sailor Moon

I think I heard about you in Tsunami, what with all the crazy weeaboo stuff there. You're kinda a ditz, aren't you? But, it's OK, we'll put you out of your misery soon enough. Not ALL of us can have an INT score of 19, you know.

Now that I have elegantly solved the first scum for you, just wake me up when she's lynched and flipped :3c

* Shoe takes a catnap.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »
*sigh* And here I thought I'd finally managed to escape. Now then, if we use a little logic here, we can see that all three votes on Stone Mason were placed at approximately the same time. We can also see that they were all within an hour of not only each other, but the stone mason post. Hmph. I think I smell a conspiracy here, and it's not just the Mason.

##Vote: Miyako Miyamura

I'm not too sure about the rest of you, either, but at least John provided reason, whereas Ms. Miyamura didn't.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 06:48:46 PM »
mAaAn, WhAt ThE mOtHeRfUcK iS uP wItH yOu pEoPlE bEiNg So QuIcK tO vOtT? i DoN't WaNt To Be AlL dIsApPoInTiN aNyOnE hErE, bUt MaN i ChEcK oUt HoW tHiS mOtHeRfUcKiN tOpIc Is DoInG aNd AlL i SeE iS a BuNcH oF mOtHeRfUcKiN hAtE. mAn, WhY cAn'T wE jUsT cHiLl ThE fUcK oUt FoR a WhIlE aNd BaKe SoMe PiEs AnD sHiT? tHaT wOuLd bE tHe BiGgEsT mOtHeRfUcKiN mIrAcLe ThIs ToPiC cOuLd SeE. :o) hOnK

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »
@Evangeline: You must have not seen the episodes where I go God Mode Sue on their asses. H-hey, why aren't I in the examples list?!  :ohdear:

@Shoe:Well, you sure sound pretty confident for what's presumably a joke vote. And hey, stop making fun of my IQ, it's not my fault I'm blonde :(

@Gamzee:Hey there fluff! Got any actual contributions to make? And holy luna that text is irritating to read, are you trying to distract us from how incredibly useless your post is by being all... all... uh... I know there's a word for it...

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 07:33:29 PM »
When two individuals defend each other from accusation, it is only possible for those two to be accomplices.

However, it is still unclear whether or not Mr. Mason and, er... Shoe are present on behalf of Miss Kanako, so I will delay my vote for now.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 07:41:45 PM »
SaIlOr mOoN, wHaT ThE MoThErFuCk iS WrOnG WiTh cHiLlIn oUt iNsTeAd oF BeInG AlL AbOuT ThIs rAnDoMvOtE ShIt? I JuSt wAnT To cRaCk oPeN SoMe wIcKeD BoTtLeS Of fAyGo aNd hAnG WiTh mY ToWnIe bRoS, nOt bE WhEeL DeEp iN SoMe fUcKiN PiE FuLl oF AcCuSaTiOnS AnD ShIt tOpPeD WiTh sTrIcT LyNcHeS. aNd eVeN If yOu tHiNk nObOdY HaS GoT EvEn tHe mOtHeRfUcKiN GuMpTiOn tO CaLl yOu oUt, WhY ArE YoU StIlL KeEpInG YoUr rAnDoMvOtE InStEaD Of vOtInG Me iF ThIs iS SuCh a fUcKiN PrObLeM?

##vOtE: sAiLoR mOoN

nInJa'D bY sOmE fUcKiN mIrAcLe ThIeF rUiNiNg ThE cHaRm Of AnOnYmAfIa, BuT mOtHeRfUcK bRo. i'M jUsT gOiNg To IgNoRe ThEsE mIsTaKeS aNd GeT dOwN tO bUsInEsS.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 07:43:03 PM »
Another moron already? You see, Mr. Stone, I understand it's hard to actually think things through when you don't have 19 INT. Honestly, I sometimes wonder how you normals solve a simple math problem with such low INT scores. But, either way, you're hypothesizing is at best, hilariously stupid, and at worst, ridiculously scummy.

See, the scumminess that leaks from it is as follows:
1. You're trying to out the possibility of neighbors or masons. Why do you do this? Because you want to know who to kill?
2. You're forcing a false dichotomy to lead to at least one mislynch, that anyone using common sense to point out someone who's obviously town coming under fire is somehow scummy. This is not town like behavior.

There are a number of other possibilities someone with your small mind couldn't possibly have considered. Or perhaps you did and so chose to misrepresent them. Either way, since scum are falling all over themselves to get caught, I believe I will contribute my vote to...

##Unvote, ##Vote: Steven Stone

Just because of Steven Stone's attempts to railroad us with bad logic and out power roles, this level of reasoning is possible for Shoe. What do you think, everyone ;)?

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »
You are, of course, jumping to conclusions. I have not yet accused anyone of being scum. If you didn't come to the conclusion already what with your genius intellect, I have considered the possibility of you two being masons (which, of course, will make sense considering Mr. Mason) or neighbors, which is why I refrained from voting.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »
MaN, i dOn't fUcKiN' sEe hOw tHaT MaKeS StEvE LoOk sCuMmY, sHoE. bRiNgInG Up tHe pOsSiBiLiTy oF MaSoNs iSn't gOiNg tO DrAw oUt aNy mAsOn cLaImS Or sHiT LiKe tHaT In eArLy dAy 1, So i dOn't kNoW WhAt tHe mOtHeRfUcK YoU'Re tRyInG To sAy wItH PoInT OnE. hOnEsTlY HiS BaD LoGiC aNd WiThDrAwAl Of A vOtE cUrReNtLy JuSt sEeMs mOrE LiKe dErP To mE, iT'S NoT PaRtIcUlArIlY ToWnIe bUt cOnSiDeRiNg hOw eArLy oN We aRe i'm jUsT GeTtInG A BuNcH Of fUcKiN BiTcHy nUlL ReAdS FrOm hIs pOsT. iT SeEmS MoRe lIkE YoU'Re vOtInG HiM FoR BaD PlAy tHaN ScUmMiNeSs.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 08:05:17 PM »
See, Mr. Stone further implicates himself here. He addresses the fact that I already addressed and said was scummy, as if it weren't. There was NO REASON to speculate on what role I may or may not have, and it was scummy to try to imply we could or could not be masons or neighbors. Had Stone bothered to read my post rather than be scum, he might have realized that's what got me to vote him.

Secondly, you imply the ONLY possibilities for my behavior are Mason/Neighbor/Scum, the last being the most foolish thing you could possibly thing. The thing is, there are FAR more possibilities you refuse to acknowledge, and the tone of your post reads of trying to force others to think in your pattern. Thankfully, someone as intelligent as I am was around to keep people thinking rather than derping their way into a logical trap you neatly set up.

We've found a scum on page 1 (page 2 for 30 post per pagers). All we have to do is lynch him now, unless he can think of an adequate defense for his rolefishing and logic trapping? Even I'm willing to reassess if you got something. After all, you don't get to be as smart as I am without constantly questioning what you know...something I learned from the Plane Creation Incident, as it were. Of course, I'm still right 95% of the time. After all, I'm me!

To be fully honest though, Gamzee is half right I'm voting Mr. Stone for bad play, but I feel at this juncture his bad play benefits scum more than town, and his intent is to further the goals of scum by drawing out roleclaims that are unnecessary at this time. If he can demonstrate otherwise, as I said, he will be absolved of his current case of being scum. As for Gamzee's illiterate counter to point one, it's the fact the speculation is being railroaded that way, when it shouldn't be touched.

BONUS CONTENT: By Mr. Stone's logic, Gamzee and him are either masons/neighbors/scum. I'm sure he doesn't want us to think that, now does he?

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 08:16:48 PM »
Fantastic Shoe. I'd be right there with you if I wasn't busy lynching the incredibly scummy Miyako. Steven Stone is now my second candidate. GJ

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »
@Sailor Moon: It put me to sleep. I've seen more impressive stuff out of the boya back when Chachamaru still did a number on him. You're gonna have to step up your game if you want to go toe-to-toe with big baddies like me.

@Shoe: I'll save my breath, since you took the words out of my mouth.

you're hypothesizing is at best, hilariously stupid, and at worst, ridiculously scummy.

Either way, I could do better without walls of senseless drivel first thing in the evening.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Shoe

Now, did someone say something about tea...?

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 08:23:14 PM »
In case people haven't noticed HEY IT'S THE START OF DAY 1, SHITTY REASONS TO VOTE PEOPLE ARE GOOD REASONS BY THIS POINT BECAUSE IT BEATS VOTING RANDOMLY.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 08:25:56 PM »
MaN, wHaT ThE MoThErFuCk iS SaKi hErE TrYiNg tO SaY? iS ThAt tHiS HuMaN SaRcAsM I'Ve hEaRd aBoUt? BeCaUsE ShIt bRo, EvEn iF ShE's SiNcErE, hEr pOsT HaS LeSs sUbStAnCe tHaN An eMpTy pIe tIn. WhAt mAkEs mIyAkO So mOtHeRfUcKiN HoRrIbLe aNyWaY? i'm nOt tOo wIcKeD On tHe sTeVeN CaSe bUt sHe dOeSn't sEeM AnY FuCkIn wOrSe tHaN HiM To mE.

NiNjA'D By mOrE SaKi. Ok i'm aSsUmInG SaRcAsM Or sOmE ShIt lIkE ThAt nOw. BuT WhAt tHe mOtHeRfUcK Is sHe tRyInG To gEt aCrOsS In tHaT CaSe? Is sHe jUsT TeLlInG Us nOt tO VoTe pEoPlE FoR FuCkIn sHiTtY ReAsOnS WhIlE StIlL JuGgLiNg hEr oWn jOkEvOtE?

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2010, 08:29:58 PM »
Oh my, another fool shows themselves. It appears you are suffering from cognitive dissonance, or attempting to be funny and failing. It's interesting that rather than voting on actually scummy behavior, you are content to vote someone using an inconvenient playstyle. Gotta say that's worthy of keeping a scry or two on you. Evangeline, however, amazingly, has not made a post that translates to scum, just utterly and hopeless retarded. I'm sorry about the INT score of 8, with a CHA of 6, dumbass :3c.

Your WIS is the worst though, a simple 2. After all, the sheer amount of unwiseness it takes to attack me is impressive. I advise you take a few classes and become more aware of yourself before attempting to further this approach.

@Saki: Now, you see, I'm a sheltered young kitty, and spent most of my time in a lab run by tyrants. As such, I'm not so great at telling sarcasm. I get the feeling you are making fun of me but the probability tables put it at 50% at best. I'd appreciate more clarity, please :3.

@Saki: Ah, your post that cuts me explains my thoughts exactly. You'd be surprised how much information is left to sweep in later days from a loud and boisterous day one. Wagon analysis is one of the strongest weapons town has, and yet so many of you are willing to throw it away. Fortunately, I am aware of the intelligence handicaps most of you are dealing with, and thusly have no reason to interpret your intents as scummy so much as stupid.

In fact, since I'm dealing with so many of inferior intelligence, I'll spell it out for you. The probability tables concerning my votes are very uncertain, and in the orange at best. I'd say Mr. Stone has reached approximately 50% chance of being scum, assuming a starting chance of between 25 and 33%, as is normal for this game. Sailor Moon is probably 40ish%. Stone Mason, the good Stone, is at about a 20% chance given the early wagon. There are other percentages involved but this should give you basic idea of my probability based scumhunting.

Naturally, as one who bends to the will of probability herself, I let it guide me. This is how my magic ends up fluctuating so as to be massively powerful at times. But that's not relevant to this game.

@Gamzee: Hmm, I really hope Saki isn't being sarcastic, since that would be anti-town :O.

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2010, 08:31:02 PM »
Can't say I like the idea of anyone being targetted for 'bad play'.  Lotta things that can cover, and it cuts both ways.  And, if we're busy fighting over the guys who accidentally help the terrorists, then we're not hunting the real terrorists.  Also, seems you're reading one hell of a lot into the little bits he says.

Now, my gut says that we've got a grand total of jack on the kid there.  But you, I'm real interested in the way your painting the kid.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Shoe

Edit: I don't know whose they are, but it's damn hard to talk with all these ninjas around.  I'll deal with them later.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 08:34:27 PM »
What are you going on about Gamzee? I'm not putting down jokevotes, I explained my reason. FPMH, best reason ever. Also, third on the wagon is always scum. Always. It's not a jokevote, it's a serious vote. Not like there was any better stuff to vote at the time. I think I have better stuff right now in my ninja though.

What I'm trying to say is that I agree with Shoe, but for different reasons.

Speculating that there may be masons is DERPTASTIC at its best and DERPTASTIC at its worst. But withholding a vote ALONGSIDE derptastic reasoning doesn't help town any zit. It means you're not tying yourself down to voting someone until you can go on later waving about your doodlesack yelling "HAY GUISE, I GOT THIS!" and vote for someone expressing obvious scum sentiments or, if you pull off the lurk well enough, who town already wanted to vote.

Put a vote down or go down the gallows, I say, and I'd dedicate myself to the cause if I wasn't so sure that third on the wagon is always scum.

Not happy with Evangeline either. Quoting Shoe and voting him for the exact same reason he votes Stone (LOL BAD LOGIC) doesn't make a compelling case. Start putting in the elbow grease, woman.

##UNVOTE: Miyako
##VOTE: Evangeline

Well, at least until you can explain what about his reasoning is so bad that he must be voted, as clearly his case and your case are similar: voting people for bad reasoning. This is terrible reasoning, just a step down from bad reasoning.

Man, cascading. I can't even put down an idea of conviction because the moment I do someone else jumps out to seize my vote.

Shoe did you just call me stupid.  :ohdear:

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »
TL;DR

I think Stone is scummy because he's come up with a shitty reason not to vote. Bringing up Masons when it's not a common role means either:
A) You're a mason and you're flavour dropping
B) You're a rolecop, you spotted masons and are flavour dropping
C) You're trying to find a shitty reason not to vote

I'm putting my chips with C.

Voting for people even though the reason is crap is how you start Day 1. We can't work with anything if people are tip-toeing around without voting. Voting is town's weapon. Not voting is not using town's weapon. Not using town's weapon is being a lazy bum, and being a lazy bum means you're a NEET.

NEETs are scum, ergo, they are Scum.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 08:48:37 PM »
I wonder how many times I will have to call you fools fools. John Mclane once again makes the novice mistake of assuming that srs business D1 is scummy, when quite honestly it's the best way to get insight into one's motives. As a town kitty, I obviously want you to have insight into my motives, though granted you all seem to be so terminally stupid as to misinterpret those motives. John still does not blip the scumdar so much as the FOOLdar.

@Saki: No, actually, you seem to be one of the few in this hellhole that actually rivals my intelligence. It appears that I rolled in my contempt for most of the others here with the paragraph directed at you, and I apologize.

Anyway, to elaborate why I don't find Evangeline scummy at this juncture, as well as why Gamzee and John don't bug me outside of their demonstrable lack of wisdom and intelligence. Basically, in this setting, a lot of you will make stupid mistakes like dismissing D1. And guess what? D1 during D1 is a pile of random. You can make some order out of it, but it's unlikely you'll get anywhere. The thing is, you still have to try. You know why? Because D3 or D4, when you are starting to get to the nitty gritty, and trying to line up a scum so you can toss them in a Fireball, D1 becomes critical. D1 is where town knows the least and scum know the most. Scum WILL carelessly drop tells that show they know things they shouldn't, or that they intend to fuck up town. I've had experience in my many travels with this phenomena. I made a correct decision in lylo purely because I reviewed D1.

Now, you know what the most reliable gauge of someone's D1 opinions are? Their vote. Holding back your vote is VERY scummy as it's hiding information about your intent. Assumably, despite the massive intelligence deficiencies most of you have displayed, you at least know enough to not quickhammer, right? And if someone were to it would cast a lot of suspicion on them, right? Therefore, your vote is not very dangerous, and is actually very helpful in creating an objective measure of thought process. I've explained why D1 thought process is critical late game. So, therefore, you should see my logic in the votes I make at this point.

Finally, Evangeline and John are at least voting, if for terrible reasons. However, the implications found in their post imply that at some point they will move on to actual cases, since there is no possible way to implicate me. And if they continue to pursue this route, it'll be telling later. So, they take quite a risk trying to attack me, which means, for the time being, they aren't amazingly scummy, just stupid.

Perhaps no one has broken a 50% threshold of scuminess yet, but for what's there, I've been doing the best I can. Honestly, I'm probably getting closer to being right, if I'm not already.

After all, I am the great Shoe, a powerful wizard as well as the future goddess demon of cats. I'll admit, once I do ascend to being Laplace's Demon, I'll kinda miss games like this since the molecules will just make it painfully obvious who's scum and town, along with knowing everything else. It's no fun playing games like this with perfect knowledge, but it can't be helped. After all...it is fate.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »
sAkI: gOg dAmN BrO, i dOn't kNoW If tHiS Is jUsT In-cHaRaCtEr oR SoMe sHiT, bUt aRe yOu mOtHeRfUcKiN ReQuIrEd tO Be aLl sAtIrIcAl aNd sOmEwHaT AnTaGoNiZiNg aLl tHe fUcKiN TiMe? MaYbE YoU ShOuLd jUsT TaKe tHe tImE To cHiLl fOr a bIt.

HoW SaKi kEePs sAyInG ShE DoEsN'T LiKe sTeVe wHiLe aVoIdInG GeTtInG A FuCkIn vOtE On hIm aLl uP In hErE Is rUbBiNg mE ThE WrOnG WaY. mAn i cAn sEe iF ShE ThInGs eVaNgElInE Is wOrSe oR SoMe sHiT, bUt wHeN ShE OrIgInAlLy cAlLeD HiM OuT It sEeMeD LiKe sHe wAs jUgGlInG TwO PoTeNtIaL VoTiNg tArGeTs yEt cHoOsInG ThE OnE ShE CoUlD FoCuS On tO MoCk fPmH. iN fAcT iT eVeN sEeMs LiKe ShE's FoCuSiNg MoRe On StEvE, whHaT ThE MoThErFuCk iS Up wItH ThAt? It's wEiRd hOw sHe's dWeLlInG On sTeVe mOrE ThAn tHe pErSoN WhO ShE CuRrEnTlY HaS A VoTe oN.

BuT MaN I'M NoT FeElInG MuCh fUcKiN GoOdEr AbOuT ShOe, YoU KnOw? A LoT Of tHe pArTs oF ShOe's pOsTs aRe aLl sTrAiGhT Up wEiRd fUcKiN PaRaGrApHs oF In-cHaRaCtEr fLuFf tHaT DoN'T AcTuAlLy cOnTaIn  MuCh cOnTeNt, HeR BlUrB On eVaNgElInE BaReLy aCtUaLlY GoT AnYtHiNg aCrOsS AsIdE FrOm a bUnCh oF RpG ShIt. AsIdE FrOm tHaT, jOhN McClAnE PrEtTy mUcH HiT ThE NaIl oN ThE FuCkIn hEaD HeRe, LyNcHiNg sOmEbOdY FoR BaD PlAy iS MoThErFuCkIn sTuPiD, jUsT BeCaUsE ThEy aReN'T AlL ChIlL WiTh tHeIr gAmE YeT DoEsN'T MeAn tHeY ArE AcTuAlLy sCuM, aNd mAn, ThE LaSt tHiNg wE NeEd hErE Is aN OpEn bOtTlE Of fUcKiN DeRpToWn lYnCh fAyGo.

##uNvOtE
##vOtE: sHoE

aAaUuUh, ShOe PoStEd MoRe JuSt NoW bUt It LoOkS rIdDlEd WiTh MoRe FlUfF. i'Ll ReAd It AfTeR tHiS gEtS pOsTeD.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2010, 09:04:57 PM »
aAuUh, I jUsT sTePpEd On A fUcKiN hOrN aNd NoW i FeEl LiKe I sHoUlD bE aLl wOrKiNg On ClArIfYiNg My PoSt. ThE ShIt aBoUt wHaT ShOe hAd tO SaY On eVaNgElInE WaS In rEgArDs tO HeR EaRlIeR PoSt wHeRe sHe fIrSt rEsPoNdEd tO SaKi.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2010, 09:16:25 PM »
Holy fuck you guys post a lot. If I had to read all these walls I'm not going to get any work done for PoSR.

##Unvote

In case people haven't noticed HEY IT'S THE START OF DAY 1, SHITTY REASONS TO VOTE PEOPLE ARE GOOD REASONS BY THIS POINT BECAUSE IT BEATS VOTING RANDOMLY.

First Post MindHax doesn't work like that and you are not Pesco.

What are you going on about Gamzee? I'm not putting down jokevotes, I explained my reason. FPMH, best reason ever. Also, third on the wagon is always scum. Always. It's not a jokevote, it's a serious vote. Not like there was any better stuff to vote at the time. I think I have better stuff right now in my ninja though.

----------

Put a vote down or go down the gallows, I say, and I'd dedicate myself to the cause if I wasn't so sure that third on the wagon is always scum.

Not happy with Evangeline either. Quoting Shoe and voting him for the exact same reason he votes Stone (Ha ha, old chap! BAD LOGIC) doesn't make a compelling case. Start putting in the elbow grease, woman.

##UNVOTE: Miyako
##VOTE: Evangeline

Well, at least until you can explain what about his reasoning is so bad that he must be voted, as clearly his case and your case are similar: voting people for bad reasoning. This is terrible reasoning, just a step down from bad reasoning.

Why are you removing your supposed serious vote to a prod vote?

##Vote Saki Marimi

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2010, 09:23:02 PM »
Vote Chart

Shoe (4): Sailor Moon, Evangeline A.K. McDowell, John McClane, Gamzee Makara
Stone Mason (1): Stuff Man, John McClane, Miyako Miyamura
Sailor Moon (0): Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Shoe, Gamzee Makara
Shannon (1): Roddy MacStew
Miyako Miyamura (1): Saki Marimi, Razeluxe Meitzen
Steven Stone (1): Shoe
Evangeline A.K. McDowell (1): Saki Marimi
Saki Marimi (1): Stuff Man

No vote cast: Sandor Clegane, Satoshi Hojo, Stone Mason, Shannon, Steven Stone

8 votes will lynch, so Shoe is at L-4. About 31 hours to go in Day 1.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:30:15 PM by Yamameko no Naku Roda ni »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2010, 09:23:45 PM »
Aye, so ye'v started discussin' for real then. I'll let the girl go for her cruddy taste in beverages for now.

##Unvote

Now, let's look at-

WHAT THE CRUD IS THIS?!

How are you people making so many words out of so little action? Cut the crud, and talk about what matters!

Alright, so. Third vote on Stone Mason is nulltell, discussion has to start somehow.

Shoe. I don't care if you're a wizard or a kitten or Robert the Bruce reincarnated. Show some respect to other players rather than calling someone a moron every other sentence. There's roleplaying, and then there's decency.

Gamzee/Steven/StoneMason not random voting is nulltell. It's been discussed several times over that not randomvoting early D1 is a matter of playstyle, and we've had way too many mislynches for it to still be worth following up on.

Now, onto actual suspicions/observations:

Evangeline's vote on Shoe reeks of easy target. The whole 'I'll let her quote explain itself' rather than giving reasoning feels like crud to me, because rather than explaining herself she tells other people to basically give her a reason. I'd like to see her come back and clarify her stance beyond 'Shoe is playing like an idiot', because bad play isn't inherently scummy. It's cruddy, but it isn't scummy.

Steven...och, Steven confuses me. I'm trying my best, but I can't find any reason for Scum!Steven to declare that he thinks Shoe/Mason are, uh, Masons. Firstly, the only reason he'd be so confident of such an accusation on D1 was if he was a scum rolecop who'd targeted one of them N0, but even then he'd have no reason to discuss it or he'd give himself away. I'm thinking he's just being a bit clueless right now.

As much as Shoe's attitude annoys me, I can't find anything wrong with her beyond the fact she's trying too hard and engaging in the usual 'lynch derp, not scum' attitude that MotK seems to have.

So. I'm going to step a little away from the usual suspects.

##Vote: Saki

A good paragraph and an EBWOP about how Steven withholding his vote for bad reasoning is scummy...followed by placing her vote on Evangeline instead. What the crud?

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2010, 09:25:56 PM »
Well yippie kai yay, motherfucker.

If I was going for folks cause they were 'srs business' as you put it, then I'd have to shoot myself.  My issue with you is that it's easy pickings for someone to take some damn rookie, twist what they say, make 'em look real bad, then dig their hole deeper every time they try to dig outta the pit you made, all the while acting all chummy towards the folks you can't pull that shit on, and confirmin' what they know by saying they look clean.  Classic terrorist tactic, and damned easy if you've got a shred of brains.  And who's the guy claiming to have some 19Int like it's a good thing?

Not to mention, you spend a lotta time yappin' for what you're saying. 

Also, now I'm curious.  You've done all that rattling off about votes.  So, why the vote on Steve, eh?  C'mon, you can tell me.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2010, 09:26:20 PM »
EBWOP: Also, Gamzee's act of pointing out Saki's misgivings but then voting Shoe for taking part in what looks to me like the usual derptastic Town play is flaring up my CRUUUUUD-o-meter.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2010, 09:35:21 PM »
Oh my, I should have known the illiterate one who's against early voting would jump on the idiot wagon. Fool.

Either way, the fundamental misunderstanding seems to be I'm attacking Stone solely on bad play. This is not the case, and anyone with the intelligence required to read and understand my wonderful posts would know that. Of course, I'm surrounded by incompetents, a lot of them suspiciously on my wagon. At this point we might want to look towards that wagon to find scum, at some point. Perhaps it is still yet early though.

At any rate, the thing is, Stone's "bad play" is done with scummy intent, as I explained. You all have chosen to misrepresent that as being a pure accusation of bad play. Granted, I can't expect morons to make the distinction so easily, but thankfully, you have me around to explain it.

Further, what you call fluff appears to be mafia theory that has a sounder basis than most of the posts this game. I can't expect someone as illiterate as you to get that though. Alas, I wish I knew words small enough to get my point across, but, as you say, that'd probably take a "fukken miracle".

Since apparently the length of my posts are irritating to some of you, allow me to utilize a function known as "tl;dr" in the vain hope that something clicks in your sluggish minds.

tl;dr: I'm voting Stone based on scummy intent. While a component of that is bad play, it's bad play that gives a clear advantage to scum if allowed to pass unmolested. Everyone voting me don't have a leg to stand on, but I'm interested to see where this information will lead.

Actually, let's try something. Could anyone voting me explain your vote? Use as many words as needed :3c.

Ah, it appears there has been a ninja or three.

@Roddy: While decency should apply, I believe it is also common decency to at least try to think when you are playing a game that requires thinking. Anyone I have called a moron has violated such rules of ettiquette by trying to pass off their terrible posts as thinking. Honestly, I've been rather "good", so to speak, dealing with those of inferior intelligence. Regardless, it is not in my interests to get in a fight over this. I will...attempt to overlook these egregious violations against the principles of thought in the future. Do you accept this?

The rest of your post is solid, and I will accept the onus on me to explain why the mason situation is scummy. It's a weak rolefish, that, when denied or confirmed (highly unlikely to see the latter), allows scum to have a better sorting algorithm for their kill. Masons are one of the most powerful roles around, and as such as good to try to out if they exist. However, that's not the crux of my argument against Steven. It's the fact he's attempting to railroad the situation into an obvious relationship between me and Stone Mason. This benefits scum in that it perpetuates a thought process likely to lead to mislynch if the neighbor/mason probability is eliminated. Given the sheeping that's occurred this game, I lack confidence in the abilities of my fellow townies to discern the logic trap. I think Stone realizes this as well.

You're observations on Saki worry me, and they bear bearing out. I was blinded by the fact she did seem to make sense in agreeing on Stone, but the fact her votes fail to reflect this attitude is...not good. I want a reply from those on my wagon to the earlier question posed, first though.

Ah, more ninjas:

@ John: I have explained this several times, and even within this post. It is well explained in all of my posting since the vote. This heavily implies you aren't reading my posts so much as voting me because it's "too hard" to really comprehend them. I also would invite you to consider that new does not necessarily mean that someone is always town. But I disagree he's making noob mistakes, so it's a moot point.

Your accusations are, quite frankly, unfounded. But I'm glad you clarified them. I urge you to think critically of what you've accused me of and reread my posts. Try to discern my intent. I'm sure you will find it far from that of a "terrorist" as you call it.

@Roddy: I like you ^-^.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2010, 09:38:29 PM »
@Stuffman: Who says I'm not Pesco. :V

Not like there was any better stuff to vote at the time. I think I have better stuff right now in my ninja though.

Not like there was any better stuff to vote at the time. I think I have better stuff right now.

--

@Roddy: Because apparently Steven's bad behaviour needs to be highlighted because people can't understand it. Evangeline's is pretty easy to grasp, she has a shit reason to vote (namely that the other's reason is shit), which compounds to Double Shit, or Shit2.

I didn't think it needed a lot of explanation why I thought that was a bad reason, but I can certainly mire on for several paragraphs about how it is bad to vote someone for the exact same reason you're voting them.

To wit, it's because you're being hypocritical. You're accusing someone of doing something that you, in that precise act, do as well. Let's say you're accusing someone of accusing someone. Shoe's vote on Stone is the same as Evangeline's vote on Shoe. It's a vote because you think their playstyle is cruddy and composed of derpisms. It's a contradiction because she's voting Shoe because he's voting for the same reasons. She's voting while being guilty of the same crime. She's attacking her partner in crime. Like turning on Juiz or something.

It's bad because it's bad. It's contradictory. She doesn't make a vote based on proper and sound deductive reasoning, she makes a vote based on "derp" that's basically filled in "derp". I can vote her for "derp", then Stone votes me for "derp" and we have the Round Table right there. Stone, sake, shoes and evangelions. It's all right there, the makings of a perfect round table all based around the banner of derp because we vote for someone while doing the exact. same. thing.

Yes, that puts her above Steven Stone's "I'm not going to vote because of unlikely reason x".

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2010, 09:43:20 PM »
Clarification: I don't think Shoe's vote on Stone is bad and derp. Evangeline implied he thinks this is the case. The above rant all incorporates this point of view to point out why it's bad - because it doesn't make sense.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2010, 10:03:52 PM »
Pesco is my bro. Are you implying I don't know my bro well enough to figure out that you are not him?

Anyway, you ignore my question on your dodgy voting, post a whole lot of circular logic that doesn't explain anything. Why would a prod vote be better than sticking with a vote on someone you're absolutely sure of being scum?