Author Topic: Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Night Three)  (Read 57626 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Day Two)
« Reply #660 on: July 21, 2012, 08:09:01 AM »
>:I

All this neighbor stuff makes my head hurt. I can't tell if people are going to be faking it, if people are just scumbuddies, or if there are "neighbor scum" running around.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #661 on: July 21, 2012, 08:10:47 AM »
huh what are you scum with rawr again
guess im caught

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #662 on: July 21, 2012, 08:11:22 AM »
you're giving scummy people passes for being scummy because ____. that's really fucked up
I'm not giving them a pass, in fact I acknowledge that they're doing scummy shit but I'm not feeling the scum part and instead feeling like these wagons are way too easy.

Well whatever. Dormio's wagon is you Omba and uhhh Rawr so it's not as scum-motivated as I'm making it out to be. I guess I'm just waffling. I'll try and cure this by the end of the day.

Shadoweh they're not necessarily 'easy targets', they're 'easy wagons'. Easy wagons can happen on veterans too.

NNR, here you go:
Okay, then in more plain words: Your case requires assuming that a) No town player other than maybe Bard would do this (which is a stretch) and b) completely ignores a certain recent game that just may have an influence on how he reacts this game. Or in short, it's pretty obvious that he'd flip out at the first sign of :shenanigans: after the way town tripped over itself last time, particularly if those shenanigans involve someone basically claiming scum. Yes, Mason Miller is a scum claim.
Seriously, making a pygmalion case on Bard of all people.
In other news, I have serious doubts about Schezo being scum. What he did at the end of the day reads a lot more like town trying everything to get someone lynched rather than scum doing it for :gambits:. Because really, he had no other reason to do that other than :gambits: if he were scum, unless maybe if PX were also scum, which he wasn't.
Examples of town Omba.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #663 on: July 21, 2012, 08:13:04 AM »
All of Dormio's posts d2 make me feel like he isn't scum but I might not be juggling my clear reasons correctly. HOWEVER, at this rate he's going to be the only wagon that gets anywhere :T

I'd really, really love to lynch Kaori 2.0, but no one else seems to care about Rawr lurking the fuck out of the game and making fluff posts. Come on. Rawr has shown that he's way better then what he's been doing this game.

The fact that no one else cares is only making it more kaori 2.0 because after d2 no one else cared there either ;_;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #664 on: July 21, 2012, 08:13:20 AM »
sometimes wagons are easy because the scum are obvious. i think that's what's happening here

i was buddies with rawr last game and he doesn't read scum to me here. ymmv. also: buddies wifom

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #665 on: July 21, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
he also replaced out before doing anything d2

and you being scum with him last game makes it different. Even if you're neighbors, if, for example, he's scum and you're not, he's likely not really going to act the same as when you're both scum together.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #666 on: July 21, 2012, 08:17:43 AM »
didn't rawr act fairly similarly d1 of last game anyway?

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #667 on: July 21, 2012, 08:21:09 AM »
Shadoweh, I actually went back and read my own posts just to make sure - I switched once. Twice if you count not opening the day with continuing to vote BT. If you're going to make a case, at least make it line up with the facts.

Also Dormio's #638 is bad. Really bad. Vote that scum.

Neko, define trying.

--cut cut ry(

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #668 on: July 21, 2012, 08:26:31 AM »
Well what the fuck do you want from me?
This is meta by now  :colonveeplusalpha:

« Reply #669 on: July 21, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »
i guess i should be pushing my case:

dormio's indignance reads like i do when i'm scum and i want to sound more upset than i actually am because Emotion Is Townie

meta says that town dormio would be chill about this, mildly annoyed at worst. anti-town dormio likes fakerage.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #670 on: July 21, 2012, 08:31:02 AM »
Goddarnit you're right

I-I guess I'll finish this reread first.

« Reply #671 on: July 21, 2012, 08:31:13 AM »
i mean yeah dormio has an apathy meta but he doesn't sound like he's actually apathetic, otherwise he wouldn't be getting mad at people

i wish that i would stop having to use meta to decide if <dumb thing X> certain people are doing is scum-motivated in this case or just them being themselves every time i play here, it makes scumhunting unfun

cut ok

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #672 on: July 21, 2012, 08:36:11 AM »
All of Dormio's posts d2 make me feel like he isn't scum but I might not be juggling my clear reasons correctly
Why?

« Reply #673 on: July 21, 2012, 08:37:44 AM »
and you being scum with him last game makes it different. Even if you're neighbors, if, for example, he's scum and you're not, he's likely not really going to act the same as when you're both scum together.
rawr lets his buddies influence him as scum. if he has buddies in this game then they're just letting him do whatever the fuck he wants and fsr not deciding to bus him when his posts turn up kaori-tier

i don't think he's a huge problem right now

didn't rawr act fairly similarly d1 of last game anyway?
not really

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #674 on: July 21, 2012, 08:43:52 AM »
if he has buddies in this game then they're just letting him do whatever the fuck he wants and fsr not deciding to bus him when his posts turn up kaori-tier
it worked pretty well for kaori

it's still working pretty well apparently

SIGH.

OH MY GOD IT'S 4:40 AM WHY AM I AWAKE

Omba:The wording and feeling from his posts I guess? I work a lot off of that sort of stuff, but not nearly as much in the last few games as I used to. But since it's so late it night it's nearly about to be morning the next day (ohgodohgodohgod) I'd take any sort of reading like that from me with a grain of salt.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #675 on: July 21, 2012, 08:46:08 AM »
-_- Fiiiine.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dormio

Day 5 coming early whoo!  :toot:

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #676 on: July 21, 2012, 08:46:19 AM »
rawr lets his buddies influence him as scum. if he has buddies in this game then they're just letting him do whatever the fuck he wants and fsr not deciding to bus him when his posts turn up kaori-tier
see but the thing about kaori is that her posts were terrible so even though she had the strongest role of all the scum, they tried to double-bus her day 2 for Sweet Cred. why aren't scum piling up on rawr right now?

the obvious answer is that there's no cred to be obtained, just scumminess from policy lynching the difficult "easy target"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #677 on: July 21, 2012, 08:50:04 AM »
I work a lot off of that sort of stuff
this is part of the reason I can't explain things half the time. It's more like I'm trying to psychoanalyze them then do something that... people actually make cases with.

This game I've barely done any of that and the upside is I'm actually getting cases out of it yay. Even if I'm dropping them all later FUCK. Which makes me want to go back to "HOW DOES IT MAKE ME FEEEEEEEEL" scumhunting.

hw:Most of town also actually wanted to kill kaori d2, but several of the people thought PX was just a little bit worse then kaori was being (for about the same reasons as kaori) and voted him instead. D3 suddenly no one wanted to kill Kaori anymore for god knows why, but d2 most people did actually want kaori/px dead. (I swear I'm not being the Uesugi from that situation, since I actually have other targets in addition to Kaori.)

I like how I don't remember who PX was. :I (I also wonder if I'm going to wake up and wonder what the heck I'm trying to say here.)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #678 on: July 21, 2012, 08:51:52 AM »
fwiw I don't think rawr is scum either. He feels a little more tryhard and less trollface. More honest.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #679 on: July 21, 2012, 08:53:53 AM »
>tryhard
>nonexistent with empty posts

I am confus

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #680 on: July 21, 2012, 08:56:56 AM »
Re: HW,
And I can't be cranky because I'm sick and this shit happens in every game?
Can someone confirm that they've at least read what I've said about Omba?

« Reply #681 on: July 21, 2012, 09:00:15 AM »
Can someone confirm that they've at least read what I've said about Omba?
i did and told you why i didn't agree with your focal point: there wasn't enough interest in a bt wagon at a time for it to make sense for him to keep pushing

you never responded.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #682 on: July 21, 2012, 09:08:39 AM »
Oh, I missed that. I'll address it now.
I do not think that that was the case. BT was still the wagon with the third highest number of votes, one behind PX until people started jumping there.
But yes, let's give Omba a pass on that because PX/Bardiche were more interesting to other people.
Where have Omba's opinions in regards to BT gone?
IIRC Omba hasn't mentioned BT at all today, despite how badly he wanted to lynch BT the other day.
This means that Omba could have just as easily picked up BT today if other people were suspicious of BT.
However what Omba did instead was jump onto the Serela wagon, which I happen to disagree with.
This was after he failed to mention Serela at all during D1 with his random pokes on other people whilst voting BT.
So my point was not the failure to continue pushing BT at the end of the day but rather how he handled BT during the time period that is the end of the day.
Any more questions?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #683 on: July 21, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »
Oh, I missed that. I'll address it now.
I do not think that that was the case. BT was still the wagon with the third highest number of votes, one behind PX until people started jumping there.
But yes, let's give Omba a pass on that because PX/Bardiche were more interesting to other people.
Where have Omba's opinions in regards to BT gone?
IIRC Omba hasn't mentioned BT at all today, despite how badly he wanted to lynch BT the other day.
This means that Omba could have just as easily picked up BT today if other people were suspicious of BT.
However what Omba did instead was jump onto the Serela wagon, which I happen to disagree with.
This was after he failed to mention Serela at all during D1 with his random pokes on other people whilst voting BT.
So my point was not the failure to continue pushing BT at the end of the day but rather how he handled BT during the time period that is the end of the day.
Any more questions?

Fuck this router my internet cut out while I was trying to post.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #684 on: July 21, 2012, 09:10:19 AM »
And then I notice that somehow the message had gotten through. :toot:

« Reply #685 on: July 21, 2012, 09:11:30 AM »
would like omba to respond to this himself, i'm going to bed

« Reply #686 on: July 21, 2012, 09:11:49 AM »
(but i'll post my thoughts on it in the morning)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #687 on: July 21, 2012, 12:21:06 PM »
I would happily sheep huh what though

##Unvote
##Vote: Shadoweh

0 cases all game every game except for a trivial point that even I, who wanted BT lynched, could not see, understand or agree to and you're voting Omba for sheeping then you sheep to the Dormio case while blatantly saying you'd happily sheep to huh what. :V

Neko let's drop Schezo like a potato and focus on the other Scum like Shadoweh. In fact you don't need to sheep me let me sheep you instead. Because this game is sheep.

This game.

Seriously I'm having trouble actually caring because of everyone's just going ??? this time around.

cool, why'd u drop this

~*Night Phase*~

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #688 on: July 21, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »
Highly dislike Omba's behaviour. So he spends most of D1 voting BT without a case whilst arguing with people like NNR.:V
Why PX over trying to get BT lynched?
I have serious problems reading what's stated in the first quote out of the second one. Although to begin with, I don't really get what you're actually saying in the first one.
Where exactly is the difference between me not pushing BT anymore near the end of the day and "how I handled BT at the end of the day"?
If you can tell me that difference, I might be able to tell you more. If there is no difference... well, you know right, nice long rope waiting for and you all.
Anyway, next. First, voting PX over BT was because a) the BT lynch clearly wasn't happening (number of votes means nothing if there's not enough people potentially interested in voting him) and b) I absolutely wanted to avoid having Bard die since I had a hard townread on him and all. PX was also in town territory, but nowhere near Bard, so.

Now to your main point. I've mentioned BT exactly once today and that was saying that I have no idea where to put him.
Why I voted Serela instead of BT: The Serela case was (and is, btw) solid and I had felt dislike for him since pretty early in D1, ever since that one post after PX said he had done his ED1 shenanigans to get reactions. Furthermore, I've pushed BT's lynch for all of D1 and even then I was pretty far from actually getting him lynched. Why bother wasting the effort for another day when there's someone else who's scummy and actually lynchable? All I do only has meaning if it ends in a scum lynch.
So much for the technical side. As for actual reads, I've liked BT's posts I had seen before voting Serela a lot better than the ones on D1 and Serela's less. As evidenced by... my vote, yes.
And as for now, BT's in my null bin, which means I'll pretty much continue to ignore him today unless something sticks out that I want to poke at. Pretty much like I mostly ignored you and Schezo yesterday (if memory serves me right), a few mentions of the former aside.

Oh and since you asked about Neko: Not much interest in him now, D1 claim with Bard and all.

Shadoweh, I appreciate the fact that you voted Dormio, but the -_- tells me you're displeased with something. Tell me more.

Serela: I see. ... Well, try and skim over a few games where he was town and tell me if you still think so.

--cut by Bard

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #689 on: July 21, 2012, 12:48:29 PM »
Bard, what do you think about the Dormio & Serela stuff?