Author Topic: Request Thread: Another Sort  (Read 5673 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Request Thread: Another Sort
« on: September 04, 2010, 01:34:26 AM »
Last time, Purvis asked for story themes in exchange for a story. In this request thread, you post a sentence, a phrase, a word and a genre, and I will make a story out of it. Anyone else is welcome to participate.

As always, anyone else can participate with stories of their own. Just quote the post you're basing the story on to avoid confusion.

1. Flandre then put down the spatula, and burst into laughter.
2. almost lavender-like
3. gazebo
4. Love triangle romantic comedy
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:27:27 AM by Tsukiko »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Re: Request Thread: Another Sort
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 02:13:53 AM »
4. Wherein Meiling pulled off a truly amazing wall-run backflip and leapt over the flurry of knives
5. frozen french knife
6. inverted

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:15:42 AM »
I misinterpreted the challenge initially and started writing >_>

Anyway, changing this in response to the edit.

1. "But it's not supposed to bend like that!"
2. terminal case of the blues
3. lupus
4. heart-rending medical drama.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 10:04:12 PM by Roukanken »

Tengukami

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:06:50 PM »
OK, slight adjustment of the rules. OP edited accordingly. If you already posted, feel free to edit your post accordingly.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:27:44 AM by Tsukiko »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 10:32:55 PM »
"Who the hell is Sarah Conner?"

Dude, Where's my Car?

Orbs of Steel
There was something here once. Wonder what...

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »
We can't stop here, this is bat country.

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Matsuri

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 10:45:10 PM »
3. lupus

I was gonna come in here and try to suggest something, but this is so much better than anything I could come up with at the moment, so I'm just gonna second it. :3

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »
1. "What's an airport?"
2. Idiotic Military Commanding Officer
3. ?
4. Comedy.

No clue what you intend for the word to be used for, so I'm leaving that bit blank.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 11:37:17 PM »
1. "Wahahahah!" cackled Rikako, her labcoat flapping dramatically behind her as she stood triumphant above her defeated foe.  "Your love, friendship and teamwork is no match for the awesome power of SCIENCE!"
2. lashings of ginger beer
3. defenestrate
4. Magical girl parody from the villain's point of view. >.>
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Tengukami

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 12:52:09 AM »
Need a genre, Mouse.

I misinterpreted the challenge initially and started writing >_>

Anyway, changing this in response to the edit.

3. lupus

Eirin sat in an aluminum folding chair in a corner of the emergency room, the front of her scrubs covered in blood. She lost another one. Why? That was the third patient this week alone. To add insult to injury, it was death by three different causes as well. The first was a rabbit whose life had so much potential - had a loving family, was headed for a top-notch university - but then ended up having a rare blood disease, for which Eirin tried in vain to cure. The second rabbit kind of brought it on himself, though, in that he was a thrillseeker, who suffered an unrepeatable injury involving a bamboo sled. Again, Eirin had labored over this patient with all her blood, sweat and tears, to no avail.

But this one, this third patient's death she could not bear. Eirin stood, crushed a paper cup, and tossed it into a corner. If only she could turn back time, and undo that one terrible mistake she'd made at the operating table, her patient might have lived.

Suddenly, the ER doors burst open. Mystia and Cirno were carrying Wriggle, who was only semi-conscious. Eirin sprang to action, rushing up to the three.

"Please, you gotta help!" Cirno cried. "Mystia dared Wriggle to-"

"No! You dared her to-"

"Only after you did!"

"What?! You've got to be kidding."

Eirin studied Wriggle a moment. "So, what seems to be the problem here?"

Mystia and Cirno stopped arguing.

"Her leg! Look at that!" Mystia said. "How could you not notice?"

Eirin shook her head. "I don't see anything wrong with her leg."

Mystia and Cirno were silent from disbelief for a moment. "But it's not supposed to bend like that!" Wriggle managed, through clenched teeth.

"It's not?" Eirin said. "Oh. I'm not so sure. I know a thing or two about insects. Trust me, it's not lupus. I mean hyperextended. Sorry, it's been a long day."

"Aw, she passed out again," said Mystia, smiling. "She's adorable when she's sleeping."

Eirin sighed. "Alright. I'll have Reisen take a look at her, just in case her leg isn't, in fact, supposed to bend like that."

Eirin stepped through the doors of the ER, into the ambulance bay. She crumpled another paper cup of water, and tossed it to the ground. If she was going to make it through this week, she'd need to be sure and try to keep at least one patient from dying today.

This medical business is a losing proposition, she mused wryly. No matter how many people get better, no matter how many lives you save, you still never get over the ones you couldn't, and that fact slowly kills you, as you die of a terminal case of the blues. Eirin sighed. Ah well. Better go see if the crybaby's leg really is broken.

Tengukami

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 01:37:24 AM »
1. "What's an airport?"
2. Idiotic Military Commanding Officer
3. ?
4. Comedy.

No clue what you intend for the word to be used for, so I'm leaving that bit blank.

Cirno was dangling her legs in the Misty Lake when Daiyousei flew down to see her.

"Hey, Cirno, how're you doing?" she asked.

"You look pretty cheerful."

"I am! Because I finally found my calling in life."

"You're calling?" Cirno nodded. "What do you mean?"

"My purpose in life. I decided I'm going to be a soldier."

Cirno laughed. "You've got to be kidding. Come on."

"No, I'm serious. I decided that from now on, I will be known as General Daiyousei."

"Yeah. More like Idiotic Military Commanding Officer Who Is Stupid and Dumb. There's no army in Gensokyo. How are you going to be a solider?"

"Who said I was joining an army in Gensokyo?" Daiyousei smirked, and then flew away.

Cirno shook her head.

Two weeks later, Daiyousei returned, finding Cirno again at the shores of the Misty Lake. The ice fairy was immediately taken aback by Daiyousei's appearance - she was a bit pale, and had what looked like insects bites on her arms and face.

"What happened to you?" Cirno asked.

"Well." Daiyousei coughed. "Yukari gapped me into the outside world, and told me that out there, the military is organized in a first-come-first-served way, where you have to call a rank, you know. Let people know it's yours. So I told everybody I saw that my name was General Daiyousei. Then I met these musicians who were travelling around the country, and they gave me these mushrooms. They were alright, I guess. But anyway, I ended up deciding to be a pilot instead."

Cirno gasped in disbelief. "Really? You flew an airplane?"

"Yes I did. I took people all over the country, a couple times, anyway. But for some reason people reacted to this pretty badly, and I had to sort of ... escape. And it's not easy out there. But I'm back, now, so-"

"Wait a second. Why did you have to escape?"

Daiyousei hesitated, and the sighed. "Something about 'endangering lives' or whatever."

"Huh, that's weird. Sounds pretty easy to me. You just get in the plane, take off, fly, and land at the airport, right?"

Daiyousei blinked. "What's an airport?"

"The ... place where all the planes are?"

"Oh!" Daiyousei laughed. "You're supposed to land them there, too?"

1. "Wahahahah!" cackled Rikako, her labcoat flapping dramatically behind her as she stood triumphant above her defeated foe.  "Your love, friendship and teamwork is no match for the awesome power of SCIENCE!"
2. lashings of ginger beer
3. defenestrate
4. Magical girl parody from the villain's point of view. >.>

(You'll have to forgive me, I haven't watched a lot of magic girl anime. So instead this is my interpretation of what I think it's like, based on forum avatars I've seen,)

Elly flew as fast as she could over the tops of clouds. If she hadn't left Piyu, her magic scythe, in the coat closet while she chatted with friends in the canteen, she would have received the distress call sooner.

For too long, she'd ignored Rikako, her rival in a neighboring school. Only one could be the true River Guardian, and that meant one of them had to lose. Elly was determined to make sure that wouldn't be her. Rikako, that self-satisfied, cocky girl who actually enjoys being in all the right clubs and having tons of friends. Elly was not allowed to let someone like this be the River Guardian.

But how? she wondered. Everyone loved her. Elly, on the other hand, was far from popular, known as she was for being extremely competitive, and gloating over her vanquished enemies. Why should she pretend humility? That would only be dishonest. And yet, she was misunderstood. Rikako's popularity routine was the problem.

And then it occurred to her: leveling the playing field. If people came to believe that Rikako was evil, they would surely banish her, and then Elly could assume her rightful place over the river. Many lashings of ginger beer later, she'd come up with a plan. She would lay a trap for Rikako.

Which was what Piyu was alerting her to: Rikako had stumbled into the invisible Magic Ring of Reversal that Elly had cast around the front door of the little scientist's home, effectively changing Rikako's personality into the exact opposite of what everyone knew her to be.

Stealthily, Elly zipped down through the clouds. "Zephyr!" she cried, and became invisible. She descended upon the site that Piyu led her to. There, she saw Rikako, hovering over the Prismriver sisters, who were each bound by thick leather straps to a steel table. There were wires attached to their heads, and Rikako was holding the ends of the wires in her hands.

"Wahahahah!" cackled Rikako, her labcoat flapping dramatically behind her as she stood triumphant above her defeated foe.  "Your love, friendship and teamwork is no match for the awesome power of SCIENCE!"

With that, Rikako's hands bursts with blinding hot white shards of light, which flew down the wires and into the heads of the screaming Prismriver Sisters.

"I will defenestrate your families!" bellowed Rikako.

Elly smiled. All the pieces were falling into place.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:25:50 AM by Tsukiko »

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 03:44:24 AM »
Oh no... Rikako... a mixture of Eirin and Yumemi without restraint!!

I find these silly tales awesome, just so you know.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 04:57:36 AM »
Well that's what I get for not really reading. Those were supposed to be stand-alone ideas! Alright, fine.

1. It was at this point that she noticed just how many lasers were around.
2. _ Hit th jakpot
3. laundry
4. Documentary.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »
Awesome Daiyousei is awesome... but I was refering to Andy from Advance Wars, he actually says "What's an Airport?" But the story was still awesome :D

Tengukami

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 07:57:46 PM »
Awesome Daiyousei is awesome... but I was refering to Andy from Advance Wars, he actually says "What's an Airport?" But the story was still awesome :D

I didn't know what Advance Wars was until you mentioned it just now, but either way - you never know which way these stories are going to go. Glad you enjoyed it!

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 01:04:13 AM »
1. "I've deciphered the formula, now for the test!"
2. No longer an ordinary mage, now a super ordinary mage, with a spell that makes Spark look like childs play.
3. Indignation!
4. Comedy.