Author Topic: ※ Dnh Q&A/Problem ※ for Danmakufu ph3 (locked)  (Read 268835 times)

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
Re: ※ Dnh Q&A/Problem ※ ONLY for NEWEST engine (ph3 beta)
« Reply #480 on: November 10, 2012, 07:28:30 PM »
Is there any way to add spaces to the window.title in definition files?

Drake

« Reply #481 on: November 11, 2012, 03:12:54 AM »
Well, full-width spaces work as expected. Since the def files are parsed, you'd have to find a rule in the parser that lets you use certain characters, or else that's probably it. Whitespaces are all eliminated and using quotations as you would in a filename doesn't work, neither do escape characters.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #482 on: November 11, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »
How do I put custom fonts into Dnh and make them look nice? The default font for Danmakufu is crappy, and I want the custom font to look nice, as  if you made some text in Photoshop and rendered it into Danmakufu. But if I did make a custom image for the text, as Ozzie said a while ago it would take a longer time. Any ideas?

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #483 on: November 11, 2012, 11:41:58 AM »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #484 on: November 11, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »
[attach=1]
Is idea clear?
But then I would have to render every letter :<

e: AND (if it hasn't already been asked yet because I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look orz) how do I animate sprites, like the boss sprite?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:01:28 PM by fondue's master »

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #485 on: November 11, 2012, 12:10:55 PM »
But then I would have to render every letter :<
TCharset.BuildStrTexture, line 260. * Yukari-like :> *

AND (if it hasn't already been asked yet because I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look orz) how do I animate sprites, like the boss sprite?
Maybe start a task that would change a certain 4 vars that represent the rectangle?

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #486 on: November 11, 2012, 02:30:28 PM »
TCharset.BuildStrTexture, line 260. * Yukari-like :> *
I don't get it.
Maybe start a task that would change a certain 4 vars that represent the rectangle?
But what if the enemy is moving? How do I pause the animation?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:34:08 PM by fondue's master »

Drake

« Reply #487 on: November 11, 2012, 11:14:37 PM »
How do I put custom fonts into Dnh and make them look nice? The default font for Danmakufu is crappy, and I want the custom font to look nice, as  if you made some text in Photoshop and rendered it into Danmakufu. But if I did make a custom image for the text, as Ozzie said a while ago it would take a longer time. Any ideas?
Well there's a difference between the hardcoded font DNH uses, and the font used to render the score/timer/etc, and the font you use for text objects, and a "font" you render manually as sprites or other render objects. Which do you want?

As for animating,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUj6xG79-TY
Except using the appropriate ph3 functions instead.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #488 on: November 12, 2012, 01:45:40 PM »
Well there's a difference between the hardcoded font DNH uses, and the font used to render the score/timer/etc, and the font you use for text objects, and a "font" you render manually as sprites or other render objects. Which do you want?

As for animating,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUj6xG79-TY
Except using the appropriate ph3 functions instead.
The font used to render the score/timer/etc and the font you render manually as sprites or other ender objects.

And witht eh font sheet Delfigamer posted is it possible to change Dnamakufu's default font with that?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:49:53 PM by fondue's master »

Drake

« Reply #489 on: November 12, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »
The images used to render the scores and timer are located in script\default_system\img\Default_SystemDigit.png, and then it's drawn as a SpriteList in script\default_system\Default_System.txt. You can change it however the heck you want as long as you know how SpriteLists work, or even as long as you can properly manipulate some sort of render object. Rendering other images as pseudo-fonts use the exact same method, but just with more rules per character.

If you want to use that sheet, then go ahead. These aren't fonts, they're just images. How you want to draw letters on the screen is just a matter of "draw these pixels at these coordinates". In that regard, Danmakufu doesn't really have a real default, it just uses scripts like anyone else would.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:44:25 PM by Drakums »

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #490 on: November 13, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
Speaking of which, how exactly does the InstallFont function work? What types of fonts can be installed? Is it possible to install standard computer fonts such as Arial or Times New Roman or the like?

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #491 on: November 13, 2012, 11:57:55 PM »
Not really a question, but I finally figured out how to get fonts working.

1) You have to use a Shift-JIS font. Sorry, no Comic Sans.

2) Use the path to the font for InstallFont, and use the name of the font (open the ttf file and check the top) for ObjText_SetFontType.

Here's a usable serif font if anyone wants it.

PJ

• jesus christ it's all over the walls
« Reply #492 on: November 15, 2012, 03:06:16 AM »

Funny, I got Comic Sans working just fine.

Drake

« Reply #493 on: November 15, 2012, 04:00:55 AM »
I just checked the version log, and amusingly enough that bug was fixed a week and a half before Lucas posted that.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #494 on: November 17, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »
good thing I checked this thread, because now I can do sbahj stage as I initially intended

Vaguely related question:  Starting a new line in a text object string without weird trial-and-error spacing. How?

PJ

« Reply #495 on: November 17, 2012, 05:09:31 PM »
good thing I checked this thread, because now I can do sbahj stage as I initially intended

Vaguely related question:  Starting a new line in a text object string without weird trial-and-error spacing. How?
Line break[r]
goes where?

Drake

« Reply #497 on: November 18, 2012, 12:21:33 AM »
Hello, I was wondering, is there a way to get good full screen settings for ph3 ? Because on 0.12m the quality was really nice but, even with a high res, the ph3 one is really pixelised =/ I don't think it has something to do with the sprite tall/res. Ah and these grey stripes at both the sides of the screen are really disturbing, is there a way to make them black as the 0.12m version ?

Look, even the basic stg frame is pexelised as hell :<
http://puu.sh/1rlYZ

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #498 on: November 19, 2012, 11:16:09 PM »
When I go to the directory and navigate to the right folder, the script doesn't show up!  :wat: Extra information: I'm using  Windows 7, and I got Applocale to work.  The EX Rumia scripts are the only ones that work.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:20:06 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #499 on: November 20, 2012, 09:20:27 AM »
I can't run a script. When I go to the directory and navigate to the right folder, it doesn't show the script!  ???:wat::ohdear: Even if it's a downloaded script it doesn't show up.  :derp:
Extra information: I'm using  Windows 7, and I got Applocale to work, then created an icon so it automatically runs it when I click Danmakufu.  The EX Rumia scripts are the only ones that work.

I'm guessing you're using the wrong version of Danmakufu for the scripts.

If this script shows up, you're using 0.12m and need to download ph3 to run the other scripts you're trying.
If this script shows up, you're using ph3 and need to download 0.12m to run the other scripts you're trying.

But I could be wrong because I've never tried running a 0.12m script on ph3 or vice versa.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Ozzy

« Reply #500 on: November 30, 2012, 09:35:28 PM »
Ok, (just to make sure before I start making my own) there are no built-in functions for dialogue events in Ph3, correct?

PJ

« Reply #501 on: November 30, 2012, 10:57:39 PM »
Ok, (just to make sure before I start making my own) there are no built-in functions for dialogue events in Ph3, correct?
None whatsoever. I have made my own, though. It's not perfect in any way. I haven't made it actually show character portraits, and I need to come up with a way to predict how much height is needed for the speech bubble.

Drake

« Reply #502 on: December 01, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »
Note that you can use user events to trigger dialogue scripts and functions and the like, which might make it easier to handle depending on how you've organized your stage layout.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #503 on: December 01, 2012, 04:05:46 PM »
How do I recreate Marisa's familiars in IN stage 4, and Meirin's fairies in EoSD stage 3?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #504 on: December 01, 2012, 10:47:32 PM »
How do I recreate Marisa's familiars in IN stage 4, and Meirin's fairies in EoSD stage 3?
Could you be more specific about which familiars? Marisa's spell cards have a lot of those.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #505 on: December 01, 2012, 11:11:04 PM »
Could you be more specific about which familiars? Marisa's spell cards have a lot of those.
The... don't know how to say it. The Yellow, small ones for example. They have a little pattern inside them.

Drake

« Reply #506 on: December 01, 2012, 11:32:38 PM »
...The graphic, or the movement of them, or the patterns they fire?

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #507 on: December 01, 2012, 11:37:55 PM »
...The graphic, or the movement of them, or the patterns they fire?
The graphic. And movement.

Ozzy

« Reply #508 on: December 03, 2012, 12:26:10 AM »
Ok, new question. I should have gotten this confirmed before I started but oh well:

Can you have more than 255 bullet ids in shotsheets in Ph3 or not? I could have sworn I heard it both ways at some point.

Drake

« Reply #509 on: December 03, 2012, 12:55:56 AM »
Well, the docs say that you can use IDs up to 10000 without any real problems, so while I can't confirm anything it seems likely that you can use however many you want.

Really though why would you ever need more than 256 bullets.

The graphic. And movement.
Movement is just having the object move at a radius around a center, namely the boss. The process works like this:
let radius = 50;  //radius of the circle the familiar moves along
let speed = 4;  //speed the familiar spins around
//per frame
   ObjMove_SetX(centerx + cos(t) * radius);
   ObjMove_SetY(centery + sin(t) * radius);
   t = (t + speed) % 360;  //t increases by speed and remains between 0 and 360

and just plop it in the object's main task. If you want the radius to increase from the center like Marisa often does, you simply start the radius at 0 and increase it per frame until it reaches what you want.

The graphic of the familiars depend on whether you're focused or not. The focus familiar is just a graphic that spins around. The unfocus graphic is two overlapped on top of each other; one spinning slowly in one direction and the other spinning quickly in the other direction. If you want the focusing aspect of it you can get the player's focus status with GetVirtualKeyState(VK_SLOWMOVE), which will return KEY_FREE/KEY_PULL when unfocused or KEY_HOLD/KEY_PUSH when focused.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:58:26 AM by Drakums »