Author Topic: Rewrite Mafia (Game Over - Town and Third Party Win)  (Read 73520 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Rewrite Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #690 on: May 26, 2013, 08:43:50 PM »
I don't see how deciding to focus my limited time on relevant things, i.e. the wagons at consolidation time is a bad thing since on D2 I went back and explained why I thought you were scum with more than a few words.

-cut-
I think a Townie would immediately panic because the implications of a vote on you disappearing are pretty obvious and clear.
Obviously not.

From my point of view, I'm being wagoned because I thought a non-town player was suspicious, and am now being voted because rolespec, which could also be coming from that same non-town player!
Naturally when I see a vote on me disappear I'm going to be a little bit relieved because when I went to sleep last night, I half-seriously expected to be lynched before I woke up.  I'm aware I can't out-argue HW.  This played out in my very first game here.  So when something, anything happened that could maybe swing it off of me today, why would I try to do anything to draw attention to it knowing that if I did I'd be jumped on.
This is heads you win, tails I lose.  I tried to flip an edge.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #691 on: May 26, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »
So when something, anything happened that could maybe swing it off of me today, why would I try to do anything to draw attention to it knowing that if I did I'd be jumped on.

Because it's scummier to hope Town won't notice scum's actions and/or hope to survive to another day not by virtue of convincing people you're not scum but by accepting scum's help?

Bardiche

« Reply #692 on: May 26, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
I mean seriously, scum's throwing you a bone here, and you're saying as Town the best course of action is to just accept it and quietly hope no one else will notice?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #693 on: May 26, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »
I mean seriously, scum's throwing you a bone here, and you're saying as Town the best course of action is to just accept it and quietly hope no one else will notice?
IIRC, when HW pointed out the voteblock D1 people jumped on him for noticing it.

I'm not entirely sold the voteblock is scumsided, could easily be something HW is in control of and is using to try to set me up.  and if so, it freaking worked

Bardiche

« Reply #694 on: May 26, 2013, 08:51:53 PM »
I'm not entirely sold the voteblock is scumsided, could easily be something HW is in control of and is using to try to set me up.  and if so, it freaking worked

What does an ITP!Huh What stand to gain from your lynch today instead of, I dunno, everyone else?
A Scum!HW's gain is pretty obvious, except if he doesn't die tonight we're lynching him tomorrow for being a lying bastard anyway. Except... Town's consolidated mostly on you, and getting a lynch on someone else would be pretty difficult. We'd have to swing wagons in the last 20 hours.

Bardiche

« Reply #695 on: May 26, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »
By which I mean that, if things worked out as you wanted to, the disappearing vote would've swung the wagon off of you and onto someone else.

Don't you understand that it's incredibly scummy to do this. Basically you stand to gain a LOT from people not noticing the voteblock and you gain a LOT from a voteblock on someone who votes you. That you took steps to advance the former makes me think the motive was the latter.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #696 on: May 26, 2013, 08:54:50 PM »
Yes Huh What, I know Shenzo posted during the first gap.

Yes Huh What, I know lurking is a possibility.

However over four hours? Especially with IHNN's overall activity level in general, not just this game? Let's get realistic here.

Wouldn't put it past someone voteblocking Shadoweh to frame IHNN. And since Validon was active during BOTH voteblock periods, pointed out the slip which probobly resulted in Serela dying, and even now admits he/she dosen't really have any scureads, and has been playing pretty badly in general... yeah, I think it's pretty possible for Validon!Scum.

That said, idk how much of it is due to newbness.

Also, I'll take this moment to say I feel like I've been playing awfully most of this game.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #697 on: May 26, 2013, 08:58:32 PM »
##Unvote
...I know I'm going to regret this if I do but if absolutely no one else has offered, sure.  I guess.
CALLED IT

Don't you understand that it's incredibly scummy to do this. Basically you stand to gain a LOT from people not noticing the voteblock and you gain a LOT from a voteblock on someone who votes you. That you took steps to advance the former makes me think the motive was the latter.
In hindsight I guess.  But I would see myself doing that in that situation regardless of alignment due to HW's attacks on me.

##Vote:Validon98 for not really having any unique opinions, going with whatever happened as it happened (coasting) and Not Me Over Me, I guess (BBM isn't going to happen today, sadly)

Bardiche

« Reply #698 on: May 26, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
has been playing pretty badly in general.

I feel like I've been playing awfully most of this game.

Why is Validon playing badly indicative of scum?

pointed out the slip which probobly resulted in Serela dying

If Dormio included a role that could cause a modkill on the person breaking a restriction, why do you think he would not pay specific attention to that person's posts? Why are you putting the onus of Serela's death on Validon's pointing out of his slip, instead of treating it as Serela being derp and slipping? Further, why would the scum post restrictor not just PM the mod and do it so openly?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #699 on: May 26, 2013, 09:04:29 PM »
WHAT!? You're saying I'M the voteblocker? Whoa whoa whoa, hold up a second, just because I called attention to Serela's slipup doesn't mean it was scum-minded. I honestly screwed up there by calling attention to it. I forgot at the time that there was a chance that Serela would die if he let us know about the post limit. And you're saying that because I was active when the voteblock happened I was the voteblocker? Are you saying that only people who posted in that time would get a chance to voteblock? You are completely ignoring the possibility of lurkers who watched while everyone argued. I'm afraid your logic is unsound there. I'm not the voteblocker. I'm also wondering why you are bringing this up out of nowhere. The voteblock wasn't being talked about before, Rai. You're seeming scummier than you were before. I don't trust you anymore due to this. And if I do get lynched, then good job and lynching another vanilla townie.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Bardiche

« Reply #700 on: May 26, 2013, 09:06:39 PM »
Oh, we had 34 hours last votecount, not 24. So we still have plenty of time to swap wagons. Still seems to benefit IHNN a lot and that he tried to take advantage of this (self-admitted) shows scum-minded gameplay.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #701 on: May 26, 2013, 09:09:40 PM »
I also want to say that not having definite scumreads isn't necessarily scum-minded play. And my so-called flip-flopping is no different from Rai's behavior D1 especially. That's not a really good reason to jump on me. So you can hate me all you want, IHNN, but I'm done with you.

Vote: IHNN

You're grasping at straws against HW and I honestly don't care if he is itp, if he gets what he wants then most likely the game won't be over for the rest of us. Again, I will vote for him or Shadoweh D3 if they have been lying, assuming I don't get killed tonight (which is likely at this point).

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #702 on: May 26, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »
Sorry, I wrote the vote wrong.
##Vote: IHNN

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #703 on: May 26, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »
Votecount

I have no name(4): BigBangMeteor, huh what, Bardiche, Validon98
Bardiche(1): Affinity
Validon98(2): Raikaria, I have no name
Not voting(1): BT
With 8 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.
I have no name is at L-1

You have ~26 hours remaining in the day.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #704 on: May 26, 2013, 09:18:14 PM »
You're grasping at straws against HW
So does anyone who goes against him, your point?

Also you didn't even read my post, I'm voting you for coasting and a lack of original opinions, on anything, at any point.  Raikaria may have been all over the place D1 but he explained why with reasoning, rather than "I agree with X".

Oh and I don't hate you at all, I just find your play rather scummy right now.  The only thing I hate is the reason why I was voted, the only person on me that I understand why is Bard, he actually has a valid reason (even if he reached the wrong conclusion from it)

« Reply #705 on: May 26, 2013, 09:18:46 PM »
has ihnn claimed yet

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #706 on: May 26, 2013, 09:22:50 PM »
"I agree with x" is reasoning. Other people got the opportunity to express an opinion first, and it's not like I'm going to type up a quote or exactly what they said when you can just refer to that. When I say I agree, I say that the reasoning makes sense and is something I would think in the same situation. I am bad at reading cues sometimes, so if someone forms an opinion that would be mine if I could pick up on the information, then I say I agree with it. It's not scummy, it's just a different way of stating an opinion than everyone else. If you have a problem with it, then tough.

« Reply #707 on: May 26, 2013, 09:42:53 PM »
seriously who the fuck takes this long to claim (or at least post "i don't want to claim yet") as town

« Reply #708 on: May 26, 2013, 09:58:10 PM »
hammer imo

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #709 on: May 26, 2013, 10:11:56 PM »
I can see why IHNN might not claim just quite yet, since there is still over a day left, if it wasn't for the fact that he decided to vote Validon just on the basis of "not me over me". If he's doing that, it's sort of a last resort, but if he's reached that point, one would think he'd claim.

Also, IHNN, you're misrepresenting my D1 if you're going to say that Affinity was the only person I talked about just because I kept my vote on him for most of the day.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #710 on: May 26, 2013, 10:15:22 PM »
Just a quickie: isn't the Shadoweh re-block easily explainable with "they preferred targeting someone they'd already targeted"?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #711 on: May 26, 2013, 10:17:30 PM »
I also find Rai's vote on Validon hilarious at a glance. Did you consider his reaction to Serela's death at all? Because that sure doesn't look fake.

« Reply #712 on: May 26, 2013, 10:21:54 PM »
Just a quickie: isn't the Shadoweh re-block easily explainable with "they preferred targeting someone they'd already targeted"?
i don't see why scum would block based on that. it's very easy for them to block their own ranks so it's not like they'd be clearing people

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #713 on: May 26, 2013, 10:31:43 PM »
I also find Rai's vote on Validon hilarious at a glance. Did you consider his reaction to Serela's death at all? Because that sure doesn't look fake.

Oh yeah because he's totally gonna dance around celebrating.

WHAT!? You're saying I'M the voteblocker? Whoa whoa whoa, hold up a second, just because I called attention to Serela's slipup doesn't mean it was scum-minded. I honestly screwed up there by calling attention to it. I forgot at the time that there was a chance that Serela would die if he let us know about the post limit. And you're saying that because I was active when the voteblock happened I was the voteblocker? Are you saying that only people who posted in that time would get a chance to voteblock? You are completely ignoring the possibility of lurkers who watched while everyone argued. I'm afraid your logic is unsound there. I'm not the voteblocker. I'm also wondering why you are bringing this up out of nowhere. The voteblock wasn't being talked about before, Rai. You're seeming scummier than you were before. I don't trust you anymore due to this. And if I do get lynched, then good job and lynching another vanilla townie.

Apologies, but if before you 'trusted' me for the reason you said of making cases and looking for scum, and then suddenly distrust me as soon as I see something which makes me think you may be scum, you're doing two things wrong:

1: Trusting me in the first place. I'm not confirmed. No-one should be trusting me. Just like I'm not trusting Huh What.
2: Effectively saying 'I don't trust you anymore because you've voted me!', when all I'm doing is the same thing you said you found me town for before.

Well, seems people think my theory is silly. Don't mind that, not a big deal. It's a theory. I don't think an Affinity lynch is actually going to be happening either, and IHNN looks no *better* than before.

I'll give him an hour to claim. After that I'm hammering.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #714 on: May 26, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »
seriously who the fuck takes this long to claim (or at least post "i don't want to claim yet") as town

He could be, you know... not here?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #715 on: May 26, 2013, 10:34:52 PM »
You seriously think I said "doesn't look fake" because he showed disappointment? It doesn't look fake because it doesn't look fake. You could take a look if you care about it enough.

How would it be a good idea to hammer? ...Especially if you think he's away?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #716 on: May 26, 2013, 10:35:09 PM »
Actually I just saw the timestamps of those posts. Ignore the above post, half an hour isn't a period where I'd be likly to think IHNN vanished and went to sleep or something, especially when he only just started posting.

Likewise, half an hour is still too quick to say 'he must be scum because not claiming'. IRL exists.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #717 on: May 26, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »
You seriously think I said "doesn't look fake" because he showed disappointment? It doesn't look fake because it doesn't look fake. You could take a look if you care about it enough.

How would it be a good idea to hammer? ...Especially if you think he's away?

Cut by this.

I don't exactly have anyone else to vote at this point. People don't agree with my Validon theory, so I'll drop him. Huh What, Shadoweh and Affinity lynches are not gonna happen, and I've got to go to sleep soon-ish.

Also Huh-What saying 'We should hammer guys'.

Wait why on earth am I listening to Huh What? Take your own advice Rai.

Latenight Rai, ladies and gentlemen.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #718 on: May 26, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »
Sorry, that was an overreaction talking there. I do that a lot. >.>
And I never said I 100% trusted you. The only one so far who has seemed 100% trustworthy to me is BT. So don't go priding yourself in thinking I completely trusted you, because I didn't. I merely leaned to town for you, but I never said I thought you were definitely town.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #719 on: May 26, 2013, 10:40:42 PM »
I still don't get how you would functionally say "I'll give him half an hour to claim" followed by "he could be away".

More seriously, you had a few ways to respond to that first point:
1) BT, I agree.
2) BT, I disagree.
3) What are my vote options again?

Take a guess which one's the worst of the bunch.