Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192984 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #810 on: August 16, 2012, 04:29:55 AM »
>Smile warmly. "Isn't she precious? I'll try to carry her home. Poor dear must've worn herself out."
>Let's try to not wake Neneru when we pick her up to carry her home.
>We did drop off the weights and dummy back home, right? We can have Byakuren reinforce the dummy in the morning.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #811 on: August 16, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »
>Smile warmly. "Isn't she precious? I'll try to carry her home. Poor dear must've worn herself out."
>Let's try to not wake Neneru when we pick her up to carry her home.
>We did drop off the weights and dummy back home, right? We can have Byakuren reinforce the dummy in the morning.

Meiling quietly laughs. "Indeed. A gatekeeper's job isn't as easy as you think, you know. It's really easy to get bored and slip into sleep."

As you pick up Neneru, she stirs a bit, but falls back asleep in your arms in seconds. She really IS cute. Meiling resumes her post at her chair, leaning back against the gate itself. Sakuya gives you a small wave from the window.

Fortunately, you DID leave the weights and dummy back home.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #812 on: August 17, 2012, 04:52:36 AM »
>Nod back to the window Sakuya's at, and wave if we have a free hand.
>"I would stay longer, but I'm expecting a guest back home. Until next time."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #813 on: August 17, 2012, 05:57:52 AM »
>Nod back to the window Sakuya's at, and wave if we have a free hand.
>"I would stay longer, but I'm expecting a guest back home. Until next time."

Meiling nods. "Take care. Try to stop by the mansion again, maybe?" She then gives a small smirk. "I don't think I've met your third shikigami yet."

Unfortunately, you don't have any free hands - Neneru's not THAT light, after all. However, you do give Sakuya a nod, as she turns away to finish the cleaning.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #814 on: August 17, 2012, 06:04:52 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "She's off training under someone who's best-suited to the job. After all, they're the same breed of Animal Youkai, Fox."
>"Well, we'll be going now. I'll try to visit when I can, I'm still on vacation after all."
>Let's head back home. Maybe our guest will be there already.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #815 on: August 17, 2012, 06:01:52 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "She's off training under someone who's best-suited to the job. After all, they're the same breed of Animal Youkai, Fox."
>"Well, we'll be going now. I'll try to visit when I can, I'm still on vacation after all."
>Let's head back home. Maybe our guest will be there already.

Meiling chuckles. "All right, see ya." You carry the sleeping Neneru back home, and find a little commotion at the gate. A white-haired wolf tengu girl with a sword is arguing with one of the guardsmen while a young adult crow tengu watches her with a thin smile. The crow tengu has a stark contrast of white hair and black wings, wearing an unusually tight-fitting black and white tunic that extends down just below his knees. He tops off the whole look with a long brown sash draped around his torso, dotted with images of autumn leaves. The two of you don't seem to have noticed you yet - you're sure the wolf hasn't.

"What do you mean she's not here!?" the wolf tengu yells. "You said she'd be here this evening!"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #816 on: August 17, 2012, 07:14:15 PM »
>"She is."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #817 on: August 17, 2012, 07:17:26 PM »
>"She is."

"Weh?" The wolf tengu slowly turns, noticing you with a definite startled look on her face. She manages to recover quickly, though, and gives you a bow with her sword.

"Greetings. I am Momiji Inubashiri, tengu scout and, for tonight at least, personal bodyguard of Lord Tenma. I apologize for the disturbance... I thought that these guardsmen might be lying." The crow tengu continues to watch with an amused smile, nodding at Momiji's statement, but says nothing.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #818 on: August 18, 2012, 12:50:36 AM »
>"I had to see someone home, and pick up one of my wayward charges, as you see here."
>Indicate Neneru with our head. "Well, shall we make for my home then?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #819 on: August 18, 2012, 05:31:54 PM »
>"I had to see someone home, and pick up one of my wayward charges, as you see here."
>Indicate Neneru with our head. "Well, shall we make for my home then?"

Momiji sighs. "Sure. Although you should really add Lord Tenma to your exceptions list... if a mere fox can get on there, surely Lord Tenma should be on there. You know?"

The three of you (and the sleeping Neneru, who seems to be a shockingly deep sleeper) head inside the city, and it only takes a short distance before you reach the house. Although it appears to be empty when you open the door, your ears pick up the faint sound of something being struck from the formerly-empty room, whose door is closed. At least Shiku cleaned up first. Momiji sets her sword and shield down beside the door and looks around... you'd almost say awkwardly.

"So, uh, where to now?" she asks.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #820 on: August 18, 2012, 05:40:11 PM »
>Sigh as well. "I told the gatekeepers to add an exception."
>"At any rate, it must be somewhat surprising that this place is much larger on the inside, no? I recently has it enchanted to be as such, to provide more room for my Shikigami, as well as guests and myself."
>Nod towards the tea room. "The tea room is over there, but feel free to look around a little while I put Neneru in her bed. I believe Shiku is training in the Reinforced Chamber over there." Nod towards the closed door. "She may have gone to have the Training Dummy reinforced by Byakuren in my absence. I'll prepare some tea and snacks shortly."
>Let's go and put Neneru in her bed, tuck her in and all that, then go down to the kitchen to set about preparing some snacks and some of the blazeberry tea.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #821 on: August 18, 2012, 05:48:27 PM »
>Sigh as well. "I told the gatekeepers to add an exception."
>"At any rate, it must be somewhat surprising that this place is much larger on the inside, no? I recently has it enchanted to be as such, to provide more room for my Shikigami, as well as guests and myself."

Momiji nods. "I won't say it isn't astonishing, but... well, I've kind of seen it before... Lord Tenma's palace is kind of the same way." Lord Tenma nods, murmuring "though likely by different methods, Momiji..."

>Nod towards the tea room. "The tea room is over there, but feel free to look around a little while I put Neneru in her bed. I believe Shiku is training in the Reinforced Chamber over there." Nod towards the closed door. "She may have gone to have the Training Dummy reinforced by Byakuren in my absence. I'll prepare some tea and snacks shortly."

"Sure thing," Momiji says, stepping over to open the door for Tenma, who appears to be more interested in the kitchen. Ah well.

>Let's go and put Neneru in her bed, tuck her in and all that, then go down to the kitchen to set about preparing some snacks and some of the blazeberry tea.

You step upstairs and into Neneru's room, setting her down into her bed and tucking you in. You stop and give her a small pat on the head, and she tries to grab your arm while asleep, but her grip slips almost as soon as she tries. Within seconds, she's curled up with all but her head and arms under the blanket. You stick around for a few more seconds to admire the sight before stepping downstairs to prepare some snacks and tea. In the kitchen, you find that Tenma must have gotten bored of it, since he's no longer here.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #822 on: August 18, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »
>Chuckle a little, and set about preparing the tea and snacks. Little sandwiches should do the job rather nicely.
>..But what to make them with is the next problem. So before we make the tea, let's dig up some sandwich fixings that might work well with the tea.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #823 on: August 19, 2012, 06:20:10 AM »
>Chuckle a little, and set about preparing the tea and snacks. Little sandwiches should do the job rather nicely.
>..But what to make them with is the next problem. So before we make the tea, let's dig up some sandwich fixings that might work well with the tea.

Well, you find some bread pretty easily. Not like that's difficult. Patchouli left a rather large sampling of Western meats and cheese, but the meats seem to be mostly various types of pork. You'd guess either Remilia or Patchouli herself liked pork, perhaps. The cheeses look to be standard fare for what you know of Western cheeses - which, admittedly, isn't much.

You wonder just how much of what Patchouli stocked here is Western-type food.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #824 on: August 19, 2012, 06:37:27 AM »
>Well, we may as well find one of the fancier-seeming types of pork, and set to cutting slices off to put in sandwiches.
>Let's peruse the cheeses next, going by smell.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #825 on: August 19, 2012, 07:59:02 AM »
>Well, we may as well find one of the fancier-seeming types of pork, and set to cutting slices off to put in sandwiches.
>Let's peruse the cheeses next, going by smell.

You dig around for a fancy-looking cut of pork and a knife. You're no Sakuya, but you're pretty good with a knife.

You're not too knowledgeable about cheese compatibility with meets, but judging by the smell, you pull out a couple of likely candidates. One is a pale yellow, marked "Cheddar" in Patchouli's neat katakana, and the other's a stark white and is marked "Mozzarella". You hold one in each hand, weighing the choices.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #826 on: August 19, 2012, 08:14:10 AM »
>It sounds pretty western, but let's use the mozzarella.
>After we've cut off enough for a some sandwiches, as with the pork, let's go looking for some vegetables to use, like lettuce, tomatoes, onions, those sorts.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #827 on: August 19, 2012, 08:18:05 PM »
>It sounds pretty western, but let's use the mozzarella.
>After we've cut off enough for a some sandwiches, as with the pork, let's go looking for some vegetables to use, like lettuce, tomatoes, onions, those sorts.

(Feh, this post was really hard to get motivated for for some reason... until I made myself a sandwich. :P)

You pull out the usual sandwich vegetables, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers... you probably won't need all of these, but at least having some vegetables would be nice. As you finish fishing things out, Shiku steps into the kitchen, jumping just a bit when she sees you there. She looks rather sweaty and tired, you'd guess she's been working out for a while. She's also got little on but shorts and a sarashi.

"Er, hey Keine. What time you get back?" she asks awkwardly.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #828 on: August 19, 2012, 08:23:27 PM »
>Chuckle a little as we assemble the sandwiches with everything we have set to make them with. "Not too long ago really, you were training by yourself when we got back. You might want to get something more on than just that, and get freshened up a little, we have guests."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:25:27 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #829 on: August 19, 2012, 08:25:26 PM »
>Chuckle a little as we assemble the sandwiches. "Not too long ago really, you were training by yourself when we got back. You might want to get something more on than just that, and get freshened up a little, we have guests."

You and Shiku exchange conversation as you create sandwiches. For her part, Shiku looks to the side and sighs.

"Can... Can I just stay out of sight for today? I'm, well, I'm not really good with nobility. That's sort of the reason I was training in the first place, so I could just stay away from the whole thing."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #830 on: August 19, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »
>Chuckle a little, and finish making the sandwiches, then start making the tea, we'll use the Blazeberry. "Alright, alright. I've found that he's a rather nice, if moderately curious fellow though. But most bird tengu generally are inquisitive from what I understand of them. Aya just has an exaggerated case of it, coupled with a flair for over-exaggeration in general."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #831 on: August 21, 2012, 04:41:08 PM »
>Chuckle a little, and finish making the sandwiches, then start making the tea, we'll use the Blazeberry. "Alright, alright. I've found that he's a rather nice, if moderately curious fellow though. But most bird tengu generally are inquisitive from what I understand of them. Aya just has an exaggerated case of it, coupled with a flair for over-exaggeration in general."

Shiku nods. "Thanks, I figured you'd understand. If it helps, I'll try to pay you back, okay? Good luck with Tenma... I think I might actually go upstairs and rest, haha."

You make the tea while Shiku is talking. It doesn't take that long.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #832 on: August 21, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »
>Look to her with a smile. "I already tucked Neneru in, little dear fell asleep over there you know. But at least clean yourself up a little before going to sleep though, it's not a comfortable thing to fall asleep all sweaty and worn out, trust me."
>We've already put the sandwiches on a plate, yes?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #833 on: August 21, 2012, 05:50:02 PM »
>Look to her with a smile. "I already tucked Neneru in, little dear fell asleep over there you know. But at least clean yourself up a little before going to sleep though, it's not a comfortable thing to fall asleep all sweaty and worn out, trust me."

Shiku laughs. "I'd never thought about that, actually. I'll clean up a bit. See you tomorrow, Keine."

>We've already put the sandwiches on a plate, yes?

Why yes, it looks like you have.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #834 on: August 21, 2012, 06:08:04 PM »
>Nod. "See you in the morning~"
>Tea's done, Sammiches are ready, let's take them out to the tea room, and hope Shiku doesn't find the exploring Tenma on her way to the washroom.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #835 on: August 21, 2012, 06:27:13 PM »
>Nod. "See you in the morning~"
>Tea's done, Sammiches are ready, let's take them out to the tea room, and hope Shiku doesn't find the exploring Tenma on her way to the washroom.

You manage to balance plates, cups, and tea into the tea room as Shiku steps out. Inside, you find Tenma speaking to Momiji, though he stops and turns as he notices you.

"So it's unrest among the scouts, is it... is it just for toda-- oh, hello Kamishirasawa-san. I didn't hear you come in."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #836 on: August 21, 2012, 06:35:19 PM »
>Smile. "I finished the tea and snacks~! The snacks are a bit western, but that's okay right? The friend of mine who enchanted the house is a western magician I saved during the latest incident. Being a fellow scholar, we get along rather well I think."
>Let's set the tea and snacks on the table and have a seat. "Please enjoy it, the tea's imported straight from the Underground, you can only get it there you know."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #837 on: August 22, 2012, 06:07:01 PM »
>Smile. "I finished the tea and snacks~! The snacks are a bit western, but that's okay right? The friend of mine who enchanted the house is a western magician I saved during the latest incident. Being a fellow scholar, we get along rather well I think."
>Let's set the tea and snacks on the table and have a seat. "Please enjoy it, the tea's imported straight from the Underground, you can only get it there you know."

Lord Tenma gives a calm nod, looking around as he pours himself a cup, taking a small sip and smiling. "I'm afraid we don't have many contacts with the Underground. But with tea like this, I may have to go down there and speak with... whomever's in charge down there about perhaps setting up exports of this tea. It's quite tasty." Setting the cup aside, he leans forward just a bit. "Before we have any further conversation, allow me to assure you that the reporter Shameimaru has been disciplined firmly for her actions." He gives a small, almost shy smile. "I thought you'd be glad to hear that."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #838 on: August 22, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "I already gave her a little punishment myself. It was rather interesting, finding out what some of the western spices were like. Cayenne in particular got her quite red in the face. I suspect it's a spicy one, judging from her reactions."
>"At any rate, enjoy the sandwiches as well." Let's have one ourselves.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #839 on: August 22, 2012, 06:36:53 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "I already gave her a little punishment myself. It was rather interesting, finding out what some of the western spices were like. Cayenne in particular got her quite red in the face. I suspect it's a spicy one, judging from her reactions."

Tenma's face becomes very stern as his voice seems to deepen. "I cannot condone any actions of torture on a tengu like that, Kamishirasawa-san." Then his face brightens a bit and he gives a small laugh. "Or, in other words, don't do it again, okay? I am still a Lord of the Tengu, after all. I'm just glad I managed to convince the girl not to make an article about it."

>"At any rate, enjoy the sandwiches as well." Let's have one ourselves.

Tenma nods, grabbing one of the sandwiches and munching down on it while he waits for your response. The sandwiches in question are pretty tasty, for a Western-style food.