Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192988 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #750 on: August 07, 2012, 05:42:30 AM »
>Smile just a little. "How have things been for you today?"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #751 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:21 PM »
>Smile just a little. "How have things been for you today?"

Remilia sighs. "The same as always, so peaceful as to be boring. Patchy's here to talk to whenever I need it, Sakuya and Meiling are here... not much changes, I suppose. A darkness youkai came along last night, but she was weak, and Meiling handled her. All in all, the same as always." She perks up a bit. "And you?"

Neneru's been tugging on your sleeve for a few seconds now. You can predict what she wants to ask.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #752 on: August 07, 2012, 07:28:11 PM »
>Smile. "There's something to be said for peace after all."
>"But at any rate, things have been rather nice on our end of things as well. Neneru's been wanting to get revenge on that ice fairy for nearly drowning her, which I can understand, but she'll need just a little more training before she can make her victory a humiliating one."
>"Also, I believe Neneru wants to have a little fun with Sakuya currently."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #753 on: August 07, 2012, 11:57:00 PM »
>Smile. "There's something to be said for peace after all."
>"But at any rate, things have been rather nice on our end of things as well. Neneru's been wanting to get revenge on that ice fairy for nearly drowning her, which I can understand, but she'll need just a little more training before she can make her victory a humiliating one."
>"Also, I believe Neneru wants to have a little fun with Sakuya currently."

Remilia gives Sakuya a silent look, and Sakuya nods in response. She turns to you, giving a small bow.

"The two of you will be all right alone with Remilia, I assume? If so, I can take Neneru to a special spot in the mansion that would be just perfect for what I'm planning."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #754 on: August 07, 2012, 11:59:56 PM »
>Nod. "Quite alright. Just don't be too rough with her."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #755 on: August 08, 2012, 04:43:22 AM »
>Nod. "Quite alright. Just don't be too rough with her."

Sakuya nods. "Of course. Come along, Neneru." Neneru excitedly nods, running after Sakuya as the maid calmly walks out of the room. Remilia turns to you and Shiku afterwards, stepping up off her throne.

"Perhaps we should retire to somewhere more elegant... the balcony, perhaps?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #756 on: August 08, 2012, 04:50:18 AM »
>Nod. "That should work rather nicely. Shall we?"
>Let's head for the balcony, with Remi leading the way.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #757 on: August 08, 2012, 05:08:42 AM »
>Nod. "That should work rather nicely. Shall we?"
>Let's head for the balcony, with Remi leading the way.

She leads the two of you to a heavily shaded balcony, where you can see Sakuya setting up a makeshift arena in the yard below. The vampire motions to a set of chairs next to a table that appears to be even more shaded than the rest of the balcony. "Come, sit," Remilia gestures, "I'd hate to have guests forced to stand."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #758 on: August 08, 2012, 05:13:31 AM »
>Let's take a seat with her and Shiku then.
>"Well, I suppose we can get to what I wanted to talk about now."
>"You see, the Dojo Master at the village would like for Meiling to perform a demonstration for his class. Now, I was already told you would say 'But who will guard the gate during that time?' And that's a question with a simple answer. I can assign that task to Neneru for the time, as she will already be here learning from Sakuya to begin with."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #759 on: August 08, 2012, 03:49:37 PM »
>Let's take a seat with her and Shiku then.
>"Well, I suppose we can get to what I wanted to talk about now."

"Go ahead," Remilia allows, intertwining her hands in front of her face as she rests her elbows on the table.

>"You see, the Dojo Master at the village would like for Meiling to perform a demonstration for his class.

Remilia looks like she's about to speak, and even manages to get out "bu--", but you smoothly continue.

Now, I was already told you would say 'But who will guard the gate during that time?' And that's a question with a simple answer. I can assign that task to Neneru for the time, as she will already be here learning from Sakuya to begin with."

Remilia sits there, her mouth slightly ajar for a moment. Then she chuckles a bit. "I see you've spoken to Patchy already. She can read me like an open book sometimes - ironically enough." She watches the field below, where Sakuya appears to be lecturing Neneru on something. "Are you sure you want to leave her here, though? I mean, you have heard the stories about the unspeakably evil vampire who lives here, right? I hear they're all the rage in the Village." She gives you a rather sizable smirk as she says this.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #760 on: August 08, 2012, 11:51:16 PM »
>Smirk just a bit. "Well, I can always tell them she's here to keep an eye on you. And also, she's got a rather interesting power."
>Head for the balcony's edge. "Neneru, show them your ability, the teleport!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #761 on: August 09, 2012, 03:22:39 AM »
>Smirk just a bit. "Well, I can always tell them she's here to keep an eye on you. And also, she's got a rather interesting power."
>Head for the balcony's edge. "Neneru, show them your ability, the teleport!"

Neneru smiles at you and shouts something you can't hear. Sakuya already knows about it, of course, but Remilia's eyebrows raise at the sight of Neneru instantly appearing behind Sakuya, as the two of them begin to dash smoothly across what you suppose is a battlefield. "So she has the ability to stop time as well... very interesting. Of course it's not as good as Sakuya's ability. But... still interesting."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #762 on: August 09, 2012, 03:33:06 AM »
>"Actually, from what I can understand, she simply wills herself to a location, and poof. She's there. I suspect it is some kind of space-related power, possibly Translocation."
>Smile. "Add that to the standard powerset for Nekomata, and the standard set for Shikigami, and that means I can call her to me at any time. Or send her to check on something as well."
>Chuckle a little. "Looking back, that could well be a manifestation of her desire to be a ninja. They were said to be able to move without sound after all, and teleportation certainly is soundless."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #763 on: August 09, 2012, 03:45:13 AM »
>"Actually, from what I can understand, she simply wills herself to a location, and poof. She's there. I suspect it is some kind of space-related power, possibly Translocation."
>Smile. "Add that to the standard powerset for Nekomata, and the standard set for Shikigami, and that means I can call her to me at any time. Or send her to check on something as well."
>Chuckle a little. "Looking back, that could well be a manifestation of her desire to be a ninja. They were said to be able to move without sound after all, and teleportation certainly is soundless."

Remilia chuckles. "Perhaps. No matter what, it will certainly be useful for you, will it not? But I can't deny she doesn't interest me." She turns to watch the two of them as they spar, chuckling once more. "I see what you're doing. By putting Neneru here and taking Meiling with you, you've effectively managed to get a live-in training partner for two of your shikigami. And if I'm not mistaken, you've probably handled the other one's situation as well." She gives a small smile. "Clever, Keine."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #764 on: August 09, 2012, 04:12:30 AM »
>Smirk just a little bit. "It comes with being one of the smartest in the village. But worry not, Hong will be back at work after the demonstration."
>What's the current time? We do have to get Hong and Shiku back by 3 after all.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #765 on: August 09, 2012, 04:20:16 AM »
>Smirk just a little bit. "It comes with being one of the smartest in the village. But worry not, Hong will be back at work after the demonstration."
>What's the current time? We do have to get Hong and Shiku back by 3 after all.

It's about 12:30 PM.

Remilia chuckles. "And the bigger question is how long will Neneru be here?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #766 on: August 09, 2012, 04:25:29 AM »
>When do the Advanced Classes usually end?
>"Well, the Advanced Classes generally end at [insert appropriate time here], it's 12:30 right now, and it's roughly a [insert appropriate flight time here] long trip from here to the village, fairy interference notwithstanding, so not too long really, just for the afternoon."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #767 on: August 09, 2012, 05:08:49 AM »
>When do the Advanced Classes usually end?
>"Well, the Advanced Classes generally end at 2:30, it's 12:30 right now, and it's roughly an hour long trip from here to the village, fairy interference notwithstanding, so not too long really, just for the afternoon."

Remilia sighs. "Yes, I see. I suppose I could allow it, just this once. Sakuya needs someone new to hang around with anyway, and she does seem to be rather admired by this cat youkai, hm?" Then she chuckles a bit. "I suppose I could give her a fate reading later as well."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #768 on: August 09, 2012, 05:35:01 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "I shall have to be present for that then, it could prove interesting."
>Well, we've done what we set out to do here. "Well, I suppose we should be going now, the Advanced Classes will be starting in an short while, if they haven't already. So I'll leave Neneru in Sakuya's care for now, and task her with acting in Meiling's stead while she's with me."
>Chuckle a bit more. "I suspect she'll rather enjoy receiving an 'Official Ninja Mission'."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #769 on: August 09, 2012, 06:39:24 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "I shall have to be present for that then, it could prove interesting."
>Well, we've done what we set out to do here. "Well, I suppose we should be going now, the Advanced Classes will be starting in an short while, if they haven't already. So I'll leave Neneru in Sakuya's care for now, and task her with acting in Meiling's stead while she's with me."
>Chuckle a bit more. "I suspect she'll rather enjoy receiving an 'Official Ninja Mission'."

Remilia nods, looking back to the field. "Very well, you are dismissed. Do take good care of Meiling while she's in your care? Not that she probably needs it, but I worry about all of the denizens of the mansion." She pauses. "Well... except the fairies."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #770 on: August 09, 2012, 07:10:05 AM »
>Chuckle. "Who worries about fairies anyways? They just respawn, which is their one good merit. It makes them good cannon fodder."
>I suppose that means there's some acceptable Comedic Sociopathy that can be allotted to actions towards them, given their idiocy.
>Then smile. "Though I will be sure to keep an eye on Meiling. I'll even see about bringing some sweets back with her."
>Let's head out and to the field where Neneru and Sakuya are.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #771 on: August 09, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
>Chuckle. "Who worries about fairies anyways? They just respawn, which is their one good merit. It makes them good cannon fodder."
>I suppose that means there's some acceptable Comedic Sociopathy that can be allotted to actions towards them, given their idiocy.

Always.

>Then smile. "Though I will be sure to keep an eye on Meiling. I'll even see about bringing some sweets back with her."
>Let's head out and to the field where Neneru and Sakuya are.

You jump down from the balcony - it's the fastest way when you can fly, after all. You notice one thing about Neneru and Sakuya's fight - it's hard to follow. There's teleporting everywhere, and when someone moves that suddenly, it's really easy to lose track of them. You can't really see that Neneru has scored any hits yet, unfortunately, but against someone like Sakuya that's sort of to be expected, you suppose. Shiku stays up at the balcony, exchanging conversation with Remilia. Sakuya, noting your presence, calmly -- now Neneru's in a light chokehold, struggling a bit until Sakuya whispers something in her ear. Then she looks at you and stops, and Sakuya releases her.

"I apologize for that, Keine," Sakuya begins, "but I had to stop Neneru from fighting before she'd notice you. I've already noticed that she tends to get into it."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #772 on: August 10, 2012, 03:29:21 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "The young ones always have the most energy after all."
>Look to Neneru with a smile. "Alright, time for your first mission~! Your orders are to keep tabs on the mansion in Meiling's stead for the afternoon."
>Look to Sakuya with a smile. "Don't worry, Remilia already approved it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #773 on: August 10, 2012, 06:35:51 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "The young ones always have the most energy after all."
>Look to Neneru with a smile. "Alright, time for your first mission~! Your orders are to keep tabs on the mansion in Meiling's stead for the afternoon."
>Look to Sakuya with a smile. "Don't worry, Remilia already approved it."

Neneru nods, shouting a loud "yay! A mission!" as she runs off toward the gate, not heeding another word you say. Sakuya just smiles, brushing off her apron as she gives you a calm nod.

"Did she now... well, that's certainly the mistress' prerogative. What exactly will Meiling be doing?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #774 on: August 10, 2012, 06:39:12 AM »
>Nod. "I managed to talk Remilia into letting Meiling come back to the village to perform a demonstration or two at the Village Dojo. Since she has no outwardly Youkai appearance, the villagers should be alright."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #775 on: August 10, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »
>Nod. "I managed to talk Remilia into letting Meiling come back to the village to perform a demonstration or two at the Village Dojo. Since she has no outwardly Youkai appearance, the villagers should be alright."

Sakuya chuckles. "I suppose so. At any rate, she probably needs a break from constant gate-guarding. I'll keep watch over Neneru while youre gone, do not fear."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #776 on: August 10, 2012, 11:35:36 PM »
>Nod. "Of course. And if the villagers ask where she is, I can say I've tasked her with keeping tabs on this place. Which is essentially the truth, just twisted a little." Smirk a bit.
>"Well, we should be off now." Let's make for the gate!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #777 on: August 11, 2012, 12:46:52 AM »
>Nod. "Of course. And if the villagers ask where she is, I can say I've tasked her with keeping tabs on this place. Which is essentially the truth, just twisted a little." Smirk a bit.
>"Well, we should be off now." Let's make for the gate!

Sakuya nods, muttering "understood" as she disappears. You head over to the gatehouse, where you can see Neneru excitedly chatting with a rather confused Meiling. "...and then I'm going to be a real ninja!" she finishes her little story, leaving Meiling flummoxed. Over by the mansion door proper, you can see Remilia and Shiku exchanging some sort of conversation, but it's Meiling who turns to you.

"So what's going on? Little Neneru here says she's taking my job so she can become a ninja... or something like that."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #778 on: August 11, 2012, 01:02:25 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "Remilia said you can go to the village to perform a demonstration at the village. I've tasked Neneru with keeping an eye on the mansion in your stead. It will be good training for her."
>"So, shall we be off as soon as Shiku is done talking with Remilia?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #779 on: August 11, 2012, 03:52:26 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "Remilia said you can go to the village to perform a demonstration at the village. I've tasked Neneru with keeping an eye on the mansion in your stead. It will be good training for her."
>"So, shall we be off as soon as Shiku is done talking with Remilia?"

Meiling shrugged. "Might as well, not like we've got anything to wait for after that." She gives a small smile. "I've been waiting a while to demonstrate anyway. It'll be fun." She looks over to Shiku, then looks back to the training dummy and picks it up, grinning. "You sound like you're in a hurry. Why so rushed?"

Shiku heads back toward you as Meiling is speaking, grinning as she walks. "You about ready to go, Keine?"