Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192995 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #720 on: August 05, 2012, 12:14:34 PM »
(Quite alright, you just enjoy yourself.)

>Nod. "First, provided she's in relatively good health today, I would like to visit Patchouli to have this training dummy reinforced."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 02:02:59 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #721 on: August 05, 2012, 02:40:23 PM »
>Nod. "First, provided she's in relatively good health today, I would like to visit Patchouli to have this training dummy reinforced."

Sakuya nods, beckoning you to follow her. As you walk through the mazelike corridors, the maid provides conversation.

"I'm sure you probably know the way by now, Keine, but it's an unofficial policy that any guest of the mansion be monitored at all times." She pauses to throw a knife at a dozing fairy that you barely notice, who yelps and gets back to working. "Patchouli specifically asked that we begin doing it." She then chuckles and adds "especially if your surname begins with ki."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #722 on: August 05, 2012, 02:47:04 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "Marisa certainly is a handful, isn't she? Has Patchouli ever considered giving the entire mansion the same locking system she gave my house?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #723 on: August 05, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "Marisa certainly is a handful, isn't she? Has Patchouli ever considered giving the entire mansion the same locking system she gave my house?"

Sakuya nods, smirking. "You could say she considers it every time Marisa breaks in. Each time, though, she comes to the same conclusion: someone in Patchouli's condition simply doesn't have the stamina to complete that spell on something as large as the mansion. Unfortunate, perhaps, but that's how it is. Not to mention that for all her lack of common sense, Marisa is actually highly intelligent, and she'd take that sort of system as a challenge to break. You can imagine how that would end."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #724 on: August 05, 2012, 03:38:44 PM »
>Sigh. "She certainly does enjoy a challenge..."
>Did Marisa ever attend the school before moving out to her own home in the forest?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #725 on: August 05, 2012, 03:55:54 PM »
>Sigh. "She certainly does enjoy a challenge..."
>Did Marisa ever attend the school before moving out to her own home in the forest?

As a child, Marisa attended your school for a couple of years before just not showing up anymore - you'd guess that's the time when she summoned Mima and started learning magic. When she was one of your students, she proved to be a quick learner and problem solver, but easily bored and all too willing to prank other students. A handful.

You can see the large double doors of the library now. Sakuya sighs. "Hence the constant policing I do, and Meiling training herself so that she's even alert while asleep. Passive security just doesn't work on Marisa."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #726 on: August 05, 2012, 04:02:55 PM »
>"Has she been by recently? She is only human after all, so no doubt she'd want to take it easy and enjoy her newly-reclaimed freedom. Plus, Mima's free to pester her currently."
>Let's head in when we get to the doors.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #727 on: August 05, 2012, 04:14:11 PM »
>"Has she been by recently? She is only human after all, so no doubt she'd want to take it easy and enjoy her newly-reclaimed freedom. Plus, Mima's free to pester her currently."
>Let's head in when we get to the doors.

Sakuya shakes her head, probably a good sign. "Glad to say I haven't seen her since the Missing Magicians incident." She chuckles a bit as she pulls open one of the heavy doors. "To think that that's only a few days ago... I already speak as if it's passed into the annals of history."

You head in, where you see Patchouli apparently napping, her head lying on it's side at her desk.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #728 on: August 05, 2012, 04:19:05 PM »
>Chuckle a little, in a quiet way. "My, seems we've caught her during naptime. I think we should let her sleep then."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #729 on: August 05, 2012, 04:26:02 PM »
>Chuckle a little, in a quiet way. "My, seems we've caught her during naptime. I think we should let her sleep then."

Sakuya nods. "To Remilia, then?" she asks quietly. Unfortunately, all of your attempts for quiet are for naught, as a fairy in the library bumps a large metal vase from a high bookshelf, the vase landing behind Patchouli with a deafening CLANG. She jerks bolt upright, shouting on pure instinct "Marisa get out of my library!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #730 on: August 05, 2012, 04:33:48 PM »
>Facepalm. Fairies are so stupid these days. It's a wonder if any lessons would even stick.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #731 on: August 05, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »
>Facepalm. Fairies are so stupid these days. It's a wonder if any lessons would even stick.

Indeed, they really are. After looking around for a couple of seconds, Patchouli notices that there is no Marisa. Quickly deducing the only possible alternative, you hear her shout "Koakuma, I need you!" Then she turns to the four of you. "Oh...  I see I have visitors. Welcome."

Neneru tugs on your sleeve, whispering "can I play with Sakuya?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #732 on: August 05, 2012, 04:50:48 PM »
>Sigh slightly. "In a little while."
>Bow politely. "Good morning. We were going to let you continue sleeping, but then that fairy knocked that vase over."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #733 on: August 05, 2012, 05:03:55 PM »
>Sigh slightly. "In a little while."
>Bow politely. "Good morning. We were going to let you continue sleeping, but then that fairy knocked that vase over."

Patchouli sighs. "I assumed as much." Koakuma arrives, and before she can say a word, Patchouli's barking out orders in a tired voice. "Koakuma, find out which fairy dropped that vase. When you do, throw her in the basement for two days. If you can't find out which one did it, just throw all of the library fairies in the basement." That done, she turns back to you. "Fairies be destructive, fairies get meted punishment, fairies don't learn from it. It's an endless cycle, but I have to do it or they just get more brazen."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #734 on: August 05, 2012, 05:07:31 PM »
>Nod. "Sometimes they never learn. The other day we had an irritating run-in with Cirno, that ice fairy who thinks the lake is her territory. She nearly drowned Neneru you know."
>Chuckle a little. "But she got a little punishment of her own for trying that."
>Fistpalm. "Ah, I remembered why we came to see you. We recently procured a training dummy for Shiku to use, but it's not meant for Youkai use. We were wondering if you could reinforce it for that. Ah, if it isn't too much trouble that is."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #735 on: August 05, 2012, 05:38:14 PM »
>Nod. "Sometimes they never learn. The other day we had an irritating run-in with Cirno, that ice fairy who thinks the lake is her territory. She nearly drowned Neneru you know."
>Chuckle a little. "But she got a little punishment of her own for trying that."

"Tch," Patchouli sighs, "she came in and froze a couple of my books once... I had to pick it apart, you can't let something like ice melt to free the book. It wouldn't end well for the book. This was a long time ago, though, before you even existed I think."

>Fistpalm. "Ah, I remembered why we came to see you. We recently procured a training dummy for Shiku to use, but it's not meant for Youkai use. We were wondering if you could reinforce it for that. Ah, if it isn't too much trouble that is."

"Reinforcement, huh..." she turns away, pulling a book from a small pile next to her. "Well, the front runner on reinforcement magic is Byakuren, but if you're just looking for a harder and weightier material, I think earth might... and maybe... hm, some metal and a hint of fire..." she starts trailing off into her own thoughts.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #736 on: August 05, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »
>Foreheadpalm, and mentally slap ourselves for not thinking of that.
>"Shiku, what do you think?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #737 on: August 05, 2012, 06:43:47 PM »
>Foreheadpalm, and mentally slap ourselves for not thinking of that.

You slap your forehead with your hand and mentally slap yourself with your other hand. Due to how strong you are, your cheek now mentally stings.

>"Shiku, what do you think?"

Shiku shrugs. "I think that'd work. So long as I can hit it with youkai strength and it won't crack or break or anythin'."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #738 on: August 05, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »
>Nod. "I also have to make sure you can't be injured too much by striking it either. Due to the contract, I'll feel much of what you feel. Currently, as the link hasn't gotten enough time to settle, I can only feel your pain and duress, the stressful things."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #739 on: August 05, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »
>Nod. "I also have to make sure you can't be injured too much by striking it either. Due to the contract, I'll feel much of what you feel. Currently, as the link hasn't gotten enough time to settle, I can only feel your pain and duress, the stressful things."

Shiku nods. "Might be a good idea. I dunno how you'd make sure of that, though. You got any ideas?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #740 on: August 05, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »
>"Hmm...Perhaps some more training equipment, such as padded gauntlets and greaves, or combat wrappings. Things to protect your arms and legs when you attack with them."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #741 on: August 06, 2012, 05:40:15 PM »
>"Hmm...Perhaps some more training equipment, such as padded gauntlets and greaves, or combat wrappings. Things to protect your arms and legs when you attack with them."

Shiku nods. "Yeah, that might be good - or I could always just train myself not to feel pain or something. You know, like Mokou's got?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #742 on: August 06, 2012, 06:30:52 PM »
>"Sorry to say it, but you'd have to be immortal like her in order to be able to fully do that. So the gauntlets or wrappings would be our best bet."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #743 on: August 07, 2012, 02:04:42 AM »
>"Sorry to say it, but you'd have to be immortal like her in order to be able to fully do that. So the gauntlets or wrappings would be our best bet."

Shiku nods. "Understood."

Patchouli snaps out of her own thoughts, turning to the two of you. "Yes, enhancing this would definitely be up to Byakuren. The magics are very complex when done elementally... as much as I hate to admit inferiority, the Mage of Myouren can do the job more efficiently, more quickly, and use up less energy to boot." She sighs, setting the book down. "You should probably at least see Meiling, though, if you haven't already. There isn't a more capable physical fighter above ground than her, excepting perhaps your fiery immortal."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #744 on: August 07, 2012, 02:14:55 AM »
>Nod. "Indeed. It's always nice to visit though, wouldn't you agree?"
>Fistpalm. "That reminds me, I wanted to talk to Remilia about her. You see, the Village Dojo has been wanting to have her so she can perform a few demonstrations. So far there's been no luck on their part, so I thought I would try to persuade her into letting her go for a day."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #745 on: August 07, 2012, 03:28:28 AM »
>Nod. "Indeed. It's always nice to visit though, wouldn't you agree?"
>Fistpalm. "That reminds me, I wanted to talk to Remilia about her. You see, the Village Dojo has been wanting to have her so she can perform a few demonstrations. So far there's been no luck on their part, so I thought I would try to persuade her into letting her go for a day."

Patchouli sighs. "I wish you the best of luck in that. I can even tell you what her first counterargument will be. 'But then who will defend the mansion?' Not many people know this, but she actually does trust Meiling. Just add that to your list of small surprises."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #746 on: August 07, 2012, 03:31:37 AM »
>Smile. "I think I know how to do this. Until next time then,  and don't forget that you're always welcome for tea."
>Look to Shiku. "Let's leave the dummy with Meiling for now, then we'll go see Remilia."
>Let's go.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #747 on: August 07, 2012, 03:41:18 AM »
>Smile. "I think I know how to do this. Until next time then,  and don't forget that you're always welcome for tea."
>Look to Shiku. "Let's leave the dummy with Meiling for now, then we'll go see Remilia."
>Let's go.

Shiku nods, and Patchouli turns back to her books, although you can hear her mutter "Best of luck..."

You're led out of the mansion, where Meiling's still near the gate, although she's watering some of the pathway flowers right now. She gives you a small wave.

"Done already, huh? That was fast."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #748 on: August 07, 2012, 03:44:17 AM »
>"Not quite, Patchouli suggested we take the dummy to Byakuren to have it reinforced by her instead. But our business here isn't finished, so we thought we'd leave the dummy with you so we can pick up it and the weights on the way out."
>Let's leave the dummy with her, and we can roll back on in to see about speaking to Remi.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #749 on: August 07, 2012, 05:21:53 AM »
>"Not quite, Patchouli suggested we take the dummy to Byakuren to have it reinforced by her instead. But our business here isn't finished, so we thought we'd leave the dummy with you so we can pick up it and the weights on the way out."
>Let's leave the dummy with her, and we can roll back on in to see about speaking to Remi.

Meiling shrugs. "Sure thing," she says, turning back to the flowers. "Just don't make the mistress mad, okay? We all have to deal with it when she does."

Heading back in, you travel the much shorter distance to Remilia's throne room, where she sits on a throne much too big for her, idly watching the fairies as they busily clean. She looks at you out of the corner of her eye and smiles.

"Fate smiles upon you, Keine. Welcome."