Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192983 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #660 on: July 31, 2012, 09:14:44 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, I'll go get the letter, you get her ready for the trip."
>Let's go get the letter, and meet Mokou at the door.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #661 on: July 31, 2012, 10:45:49 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, I'll go get the letter, you get her ready for the trip."
>Let's go get the letter, and meet Mokou at the door.

Mokou gives an almost evil grin. "Oh, she'll be ready..." You probably won't want to know what happens next, so you get up and grab the letter. When you return to the door, Mokou is already waiting with a rebundled, regagged Aya. Who is glaring at you. Again.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #662 on: August 01, 2012, 03:18:48 AM »
>Sigh. "Well, at least you're alive, and un-lectured."
>Look to Mokou. "Well, be polite, and don't burn everything you see."
>Let's open the door for them, and go get the girls ready for a trip.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #663 on: August 01, 2012, 03:41:20 AM »
>Sigh. "Well, at least you're alive, and un-lectured."
>Look to Mokou. "Well, be polite, and don't burn everything you see."
>Let's open the door for them, and go get the girls ready for a trip.

You open the door, and Mokou steps out. She grins and shouts "No promises, but I'll see what I can do!" before leaving. You close the door and head inside, where Shiku and Neneru have just finished with the small amount of dishes you used. Neneru excitedly runs up to you.

"'re we gonna see Sakuya again today?" she asks, practically jumping at the prospect. You know for sure she's not going anywhere in her nightgown, though. At least Shiku looks moderately ready to travel.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #664 on: August 01, 2012, 03:42:46 AM »
>"Not until you're dressed, we're not."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #665 on: August 01, 2012, 03:51:39 AM »
>"Not until you're dressed, we're not."

Neneru looks down at her clothes as if seeing them for the first time. "Oh... right!" she shouts, rushing upstairs and leaving you alone with Shiku for the moment, who hops up onto the counter to wait, giving you a small grin.

"My guess is," she says in an attempt to fill the silence, "that the smell of hot food got her so excited that she forgot about the other basic niceties. I guess it's cuter this way?"

(I think I might try a crude sketch of Shiku tonight or tomorrow in attempt to codify her look. And I do mean crude.)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #666 on: August 01, 2012, 05:51:45 AM »
>Sigh in that sorta-amused parent way. "Well, at least she's energetic, I'll give her that."
>Smile a bit. "Children need to have all that energy after all."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #667 on: August 01, 2012, 06:36:50 AM »
>Sigh in that sorta-amused parent way. "Well, at least she's energetic, I'll give her that."
>Smile a bit. "Children need to have all that energy after all."

Shiku nods. "Since adults never seem to have any, right?" Neneru comes bouncing down in her trademark set of clothing, landing with a smile. "I'm ready!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #668 on: August 01, 2012, 05:10:26 PM »
>....Did we ever get dressed proper?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #669 on: August 01, 2012, 05:12:47 PM »
>....Did we ever get dressed proper?

Fortunately, you did. You're dressed in your usual blue outfit - although now that you think about it, you left the pagoda hat in your bedroom.

>Get Pagoda hat?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #670 on: August 01, 2012, 05:22:43 PM »
>Yeah, we should go get it. "Just a moment, I almost forgot something moderately important. I can't go out without my hat after all, it's an iconic part of my outfit."
>Once we've got our hat, let's make for the Dojo with the girls.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #671 on: August 01, 2012, 05:43:12 PM »
>Yeah, we should go get it. "Just a moment, I almost forgot something moderately important. I can't go out without my hat after all, it's an iconic part of my outfit."
>Once we've got our hat, let's make for the Dojo with the girls.

You go and retrieve your pagoda hat.

Current inventory (for my sake) :
9900 yen
The Usual Outfit
Arsenal of spellcards
Nullmagic Stone
Hat

That done, the three of you set out the short distance to the fighting dojo - conveniently located just across the road from your school. As usual, there's at least a couple of the village youths training inside, although given how early it is the dojo's relatively empty. The local master of the dojo, Sato Utsuwa, watches the youths train from near the entrance. He's one of the only people in the village trained in swordplay, and was the protector of the village until you bested him using danmaku. Needless to say, the two of you are friends. Utsuwa's watching the youths right now, so he hasn't noticed you yet.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:50:01 PM by IdiotsOpposite »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #672 on: August 01, 2012, 07:32:18 PM »
>Let's head over to him. "I see you're training them as hard as ever."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #673 on: August 01, 2012, 07:44:13 PM »
>Let's head over to him. "I see you're training them as hard as ever."

Utsuwa nods. "Well, they'll need it. I know youkai aren't the big problem the village thinks they are, but there are still threats. But enough of that," he continues, standing straight and turning to you. "I haven't seen you since you closed the school down for a month, Keine. How've ya been?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #674 on: August 01, 2012, 07:50:53 PM »
>Nod. "Quite well. I actually tried my hand at Incident Resolution myself a few days back. It was rather enjoyable really, and I even procured some helpers. A set of Shikigami."
>Smile. "The elders, aside from Jonil, have approved it already."
>Beckon Shiku and Neneru over. "This is Shiku and Neneru. My third, Kaki, a Fox-type, is off training."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #675 on: August 01, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
>Nod. "Quite well. I actually tried my hand at Incident Resolution myself a few days back. It was rather enjoyable really, and I even procured some helpers. A set of Shikigami."
>Smile. "The elders, aside from Jonil, have approved it already."
>Beckon Shiku and Neneru over. "This is Shiku and Neneru. My third, Kaki, a Fox-type, is off training."

Utsuwa laughs. "Yeah, I heard. Welcome to the village, Shiku, Neneru." Neneru grins and waves, while Shiku just nods and mutters "Thank you."

Utsuwa turns away, obviously having to watch the youths. "So now that you got yourself some shikigami, what are you going to do with all that free time, eh?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #676 on: August 01, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Well for starters, help these girls become proper ladies, as well as village defenders. The nice thing about the contract is that while they're my shikigami, they have to make sure the village and it's residents aren't harmed. But aside from that, they can pursue their own paths in life. Shiku here happens to be a rather competent fighter, compared to the average human that is. But as we both know, there's always someone better, so training is always required."
>Nod. "So I was wondering if there was any spare training equipment we could have? I plan to get it reinforced for Youkai use of course. There's a room in my improved house that would be a perfect training area for her."
>Fistpalm. "Ah, I daresay the villagers were wondering about that wall of light around my house was. One of the residents of the Mansion over at the misty lake owed me a favor after saving her during the incident, so I asked if she could increase the number of rooms and such within my house, without having to reconstruct it. So she was able to via magic."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #677 on: August 01, 2012, 08:21:59 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Well for starters, help these girls become proper ladies, as well as village defenders. The nice thing about the contract is that while they're my shikigami, they have to make sure the village and it's residents aren't harmed. But aside from that, they can pursue their own paths in life. Shiku here happens to be a rather competent fighter, compared to the average human that is. But as we both know, there's always someone better, so training is always required."

Utsuwa nods in agreement. "I can't argue with you there - that's practically my defining philosophy. Well, not that I know of any other swordsmen, but I'm sure there's one better than me out there somewhere."

>Nod. "So I was wondering if there was any spare training equipment we could have? I plan to get it reinforced for Youkai use of course. There's a room in my improved house that would be a perfect training area for her."

"Spare equipment..." Utsuwa considers for a moment before beckoning you to follow him. "We don't have too much, but I think we can spare a few dummies and weights at least. Or are you concerned with pure muscle mass first?" Shiku considers for a moment before nodding. "Yes. To both. I'll need both skill and raw power if I want to achieve my goal."

>Fistpalm. "Ah, I daresay the villagers were wondering about that wall of light around my house was. One of the residents of the Mansion over at the misty lake owed me a favor after saving her during the incident, so I asked if she could increase the number of rooms and such within my house, without having to reconstruct it. So she was able to via magic."

Utsuwa grins as he leans against a dummy. "I'll be sure to let them know. And sometime when I'm not at work, you should show me the new place sometime! I'd love to see it."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #678 on: August 01, 2012, 08:35:52 PM »
>Nod with a smile. "Of course. I'll have to invite most of the village's notables over sometime as well. I happen to have a rather rare blend of tea in supply that I delivered a box of to Akyu a day or two ago. I'll have to visit her later today after everything's resolved, so I can find out how she liked it. It's from The Underground, very hard to come by you know. But it's good to have connections, as they say."
>Nod. "Well, hopefully we can carry the dummies and weights and such to the mansion, one has to reinforce things with magic if a youkai is to use them after all. Even moreso due to the Shikigami Contract."
>Fistpalm. "Perhaps one of your students would like to have a sparring session with her?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #679 on: August 01, 2012, 08:40:03 PM »
>Nod with a smile. "Of course. I'll have to invite most of the village's notables over sometime as well. I happen to have a rather rare blend of tea in supply that I delivered a box of to Akyu a day or two ago. I'll have to visit her later today after everything's resolved, so I can find out how she liked it. It's from The Underground, very hard to come by you know. But it's good to have connections, as they say."

Utsuwa nods. "Always. You know how it is, in Gensokyo who you know is important."

>Nod. "Well, hopefully we can carry the dummies and weights and such to the mansion, one has to reinforce things with magic if a youkai is to use them after all. Even moreso due to the Shikigami Contract."

"Hmm..." Utsuwa thinks a bit, staring at the wall. "Well, we have a cart, but there's no animals at the moment to carry it. You can borrow the cart, though, if you want to use it. How many dummies you think you'll need? Cause if this is a solo thing, I don't think you'll want more than two."

>Fistpalm. "Perhaps one of your students would like to have a sparring session with her?"

The man grins. "They're pretty good, but I wouldn't rate them as able to take on a youkai yet. Maybe get one of my more advanced students that come in later. Those few are just the novices."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #680 on: August 01, 2012, 08:51:30 PM »
>"Ah, I'll be sure to bring her by later today then. Perhaps just one Training Dummy will suffice, what do you think, Shiku?"
>"I think that if there's only one, we should be able to carry it. That's the only thing that needs to be reinforced to begin with. And there's a Martial Artist who serves as the Mansion's Gatekeeper, so she may also have things we can use."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #681 on: August 01, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »
>"Ah, I'll be sure to bring her by later today then. Perhaps just one Training Dummy will suffice, what do you think, Shiku?"

Shiku nods. "Keine's gonna have it reinforced, so I don't think we'll need multiples. It should suffice, and if you don't mind, we can pick up some weights later today. That's all right with you, Keine?"

>"I think that if there's only one, we should be able to carry it. That's the only thing that needs to be reinforced to begin with. And there's a Martial Artist who serves as the Mansion's Gatekeeper, so she may also have things we can use."

Utsuwa nods, frowning and shaking his head. "Meiling, yeah? A pity she is. I've wanted to get her in for some demonstrations but the vampire girl in charge apparently won't let her leave. Ah well." He searches for a bit before grabbing what looks to be the dummy in the best condition. "Here, take this - consider that one of your favors to me repaid. That is, if you haven't forgotten about 'em," he adds with a playful grin.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #682 on: August 01, 2012, 09:12:43 PM »
>Smile. "You know I don't forget things easily after all. My memory may not be as good as Akyu's, but let's face it. Nobody's as good at memory-based things as she is."
>Just how many favors DOES he owe us anyhow?
>"At any rate though, I seem to have gotten in good with her, so I might be able to pull a few strings. Neneru's already going to train under Sakuya as it is. She's in love with the idea of being a Ninja you know. And Sakuya's the closest thing to that Gensokyo has to offer."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #683 on: August 01, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »
>Smile. "You know I don't forget things easily after all. My memory may not be as good as Akyu's, but let's face it. Nobody's as good at memory-based things as she is."
>Just how many favors DOES he owe us anyhow?

Two or three. One less now, you suppose.

>"At any rate though, I seem to have gotten in good with her, so I might be able to pull a few strings. Neneru's already going to train under Sakuya as it is. She's in love with the idea of being a Ninja you know. And Sakuya's the closest thing to that Gensokyo has to offer."

Utsuwa barks out a small laugh. "Yeah, you'd think we'd have more, don't you? But yeah, if you can get the vampire to allow Meiling to give demonstrations, that'd be wonderful. Anything else, or was that everything?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #684 on: August 01, 2012, 09:28:42 PM »
>Nod. "I think that's everything for now."
>Look to Shiku and Neneru. "Alright girls, let's see if we can't carry this with us. otherwise we'll have to see about using the cart."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #685 on: August 01, 2012, 09:36:04 PM »
>Nod. "I think that's everything for now."
>Look to Shiku and Neneru. "Alright girls, let's see if we can't carry this with us. otherwise we'll have to see about using the cart."

Shiku grins. "I know I'm not a particularly powerful youkai, but..." Without a word, she, with some effort, lifts the thing by herself and hefts it over her shoulder. "Youkai strength still counts for something, doesn't it?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #686 on: August 01, 2012, 09:43:05 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. Just how many grown men would it take to lift that thing anyways?
>"Well, it's good that the village is getting some strong women as well. And that's important in Gensokyo. Maybe some of the village girls will start training too."
>Smile. "At any rate, I suppose we'll be off now. We'll see you again later today."
>When does the advanced class usually start anyways?
>Let's head out to the gate, exchanging small pleasantries with the gatekeepers, and then make for the mansion!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #687 on: August 02, 2012, 12:27:50 AM »
>Chuckle a bit. Just how many grown men would it take to lift that thing anyways?

You'd estimate it would take a little more than two grown men, and they'd have difficulty.

>"Well, it's good that the village is getting some strong women as well. And that's important in Gensokyo. Maybe some of the village girls will start training too."

Utsuwa laughs. "You get that going and I'll have to split the room! The boys'll be distracted otherwise!"

>Smile. "At any rate, I suppose we'll be off now. We'll see you again later today."
>When does the advanced class usually start anyways?
>Let's head out to the gate, exchanging small pleasantries with the gatekeepers, and then make for the mansion!

Utsuwa grins and waves as you leave. You travel the moderate distance to the gates toward the mansion, Shiku managing well, if not excellently. A short distance along the road, you can see in the distance a cat-eared figure in a green dress hefting something into a wheelbarrow. Considering the context, you'd guess it's a corpse. Her back's turned to you.

Advanced classes usually start in the afternoon, around 3ish.

« Reply #688 on: August 02, 2012, 12:49:40 AM »
>Do we have issues with Rin stealing corpses outside of the village?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #689 on: August 02, 2012, 02:41:58 AM »
>Do we have issues with Rin stealing corpses outside of the village?

You've never really seen her at it before - I suppose that's up to you.