Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192998 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #570 on: July 30, 2012, 05:50:48 PM »
(Yep. Why do you think I went along with Mokou's idea?)

>Chuckle a bit. "Okay, so it confirms that it's a hot spice. Let's try the dill next."

Mokou grins. "Sure you don't want to let her cool down a bit first?" Aya's still trying to spit out the taste at the moment, although she does spare the time to glare at you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #571 on: July 30, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "Good idea. We'll let her cool off for a bit."
>Look over to Shiku. "Could you get some of the leftover cod for Mokou?"
>Look back to Mokou with a smile. "You haven't had dinner yet after all, have you?"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #572 on: July 30, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "Good idea. We'll let her cool off for a bit."
>Look over to Shiku. "Could you get some of the leftover cod for Mokou?"

Shiku nods. "Of course," she says as she slips out through the door.

>Look back to Mokou with a smile. "You haven't had dinner yet after all, have you?"

Mokou grins. "Nope." Aya seems to be able to put words together now. At least, if "damn... hakutaku... bitch..." count as such.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #573 on: July 30, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
>Smile at Aya. "I suppose you should be thankful I'm not a Yama."
>Fistpalm. "Perhaps we should turn her over to the Yama in the morning. I daresay she could do with a good lecture on telling the truth."
>If we were to momentarily eat the history of her bindings, would she be free? Or would she merely think she's free?
>"You can let her have it with the Dill now."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #574 on: July 30, 2012, 06:35:50 PM »
>Smile at Aya. "I suppose you should be thankful I'm not a Yama."
>Fistpalm. "Perhaps we should turn her over to the Yama in the morning. I daresay she could do with a good lecture on telling the truth."

Aya gives a vicious smirk. "And I'm sure she'd have an even better lecture for you on kidnapping and hitman usage."

>If we were to momentarily eat the history of her bindings, would she be free? Or would she merely think she's free?

She would think she was free. Well, until the illusion was in some way broken.

>"You can let her have it with the Dill now."

Mokou grins. "Can't be talkin' now, Aya," as she shoves another spoon into the tengu's mouth. Her nose begins to wrinkle and Aya starts hacking.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #575 on: July 30, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »
>"So, it must either be a potent herb, or a bitter one."
>Let's have a slight sniff of the Dill.
>Smirk. "And for the record, it wasn't entirely my idea."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:46:34 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #576 on: July 30, 2012, 06:47:03 PM »
>"So, it must either be a potent herb, or a bitter one."
>Let's have a slight sniff of the Dill.
>Smirk. "And for the record, it wasn't entirely my idea."

You take a sniff of the herb, and it indeed does smell rather pungent. A taste would reveal that it's rather sour. Aya attempts a growl, but it just turns into another coughing fit.

(EDIT: Brb trying dill.)

(EDIT2: Of course there's no dill to try. THE DILL TASTES LIKE DILL.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:50:00 PM by IdiotsOpposite »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #577 on: July 30, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »
>"Well, which one next? the Oregano? Or perhaps the Cumin? I think we'll save 'that one' for last though. You know the one, Mokou."
>Smile deviously. "The night is still young after all."

(Funnily enough, Dill is one of my favorite spices. I use it in almost everything I cook, especially baked potatoes.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #578 on: July 30, 2012, 06:53:08 PM »
>"Well, which one next? the Oregano? Or perhaps the Cumin? I think we'll save 'that one' for last though. You know the one, Mokou."
>Smile deviously. "The night is still young after all."

Aya tries to stammer out a statement. "Okay..,. what do you *hack* want? Information? Se... *hack hack* secrets? I'm willing to *hack* negotiate."

(Funnily enough, Dill is one of my favorite spices. I use it in almost everything I cook, especially baked potatoes.)

(I wish I could say the same, but I mostly stick to cumin and cilantro...)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #579 on: July 30, 2012, 07:02:29 PM »
>Smile. "Oh, just a revision is all. That little article you put out recently about me was rather offending you know. You're quite a lucky little bird, as I'm not Yuuka."
>Apply patronizing headpats. "You know dear, being little more than a tabloid doesn't reflect very well on the Tengu race, you should really do something about that before you further damage the already poor reputation the Bird Tengu already have."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #580 on: July 30, 2012, 07:04:47 PM »
>Smile. "Oh, just a revision is all. That little article you put out recently about me was rather offending you know. You're quite a lucky little bird, as I'm not Yuuka."
>Apply patronizing headpats. "You know dear, being little more than a tabloid doesn't reflect very well on the Tengu race, you should really do something about that before you further damage the already poor reputation the Bird Tengu already have."

You're not sure if it's the headpats, or the insult, but you seem to touch a nerve, as Aya begins to rant again. "Everything I said in that article is true! You know my position on youkai abuse, especially in the area of shikigami binding! Name one thing in my article that was not true! One!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #581 on: July 30, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »
>"Mokou, both the Oregano and the Cumin this time, so I can get a word in edgewise with this motormouth."
>Sigh. "For starters, they aren't slaves. In fact, the contract specifically allows them to pursue their own paths in life. They're more like hired help, or children in that regard. They're only obligated to help protect the village, and not bring harm to the residents. In fact, they agreed to it quite readily. As it not only gave them a power increase, but provided them with a safer home to reside in, and a better way of life than living as common bandits."
>Apply more patronizing headpats. "Perhaps you should join them, it would do wonders for that tendency of yours to exaggerate and falsify things."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #582 on: July 30, 2012, 07:22:41 PM »
>"Mokou, both the Oregano and the Cumin this time, so I can get a word in edgewise with this motormouth."

Mokou grins. "Of course!" she says as she mixes the oregano and cumin before shoving the spoon in Aya's mouth. By now, the reaction is quite predictable - her face begins to burn up again, and she starts coughing.

>Sigh. "For starters, they aren't slaves. In fact, the contract specifically allows them to pursue their own paths in life. They're more like hired help, or children in that regard. They're only obligated to help protect the village, and not bring harm to the residents. In fact, they agreed to it quite readily. As it not only gave them a power increase, but provided them with a safer home to reside in, and a better way of life than living as common bandits."
>Apply more patronizing headpats. "Perhaps you should join them, it would do wonders for that tendency of yours to exaggerate and falsify things."

Aya can't quite talk yet, but she is shaking her head rather frantically.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #583 on: July 30, 2012, 07:27:32 PM »
>"So, do you understand? The only true part of that article, was that they became my Shikigami."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #584 on: July 30, 2012, 07:30:42 PM »
>"So, do you understand? The only true part of that article, was that they became my Shikigami."

It takes a while for her to respond. Eventually, she manages to gasp out a sentence.

"Ack... okay, I might... might have exaggerated a little. But the fact remains that shikigami bindings have always been a way to push youkai, particularly animal youkai, into servitude. And then you destroyed my camera to boot..." She actually seems to be avoiding your gaze now.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #585 on: July 30, 2012, 07:36:46 PM »
>Smirk. "Oh, the camera isn't destroyed, just the pictures you took. I couldn't have you publishing something like that before I had informed the elders of my decision."
>Sigh. "And besides, it's just bad form to let your emotions run wild in such a manner. Isn't it the job of a newspaper to simply report the honest truth? And you wonder why few ever pay your newspaper mind."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #586 on: July 30, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »
>Smirk. "Oh, the camera isn't destroyed, just the pictures you took. I couldn't have you publishing something like that before I had informed the elders of my decision."
>Sigh. "And besides, it's just bad form to let your emotions run wild in such a manner. Isn't it the job of a newspaper to simply report the honest truth? And you wonder why few ever pay your newspaper mind."

Aya continues to look away, but she quite loudly mutters "My paper's widely viewed in the tengu and kappa villages, as well as at Eientei and the Myouren temple. Just because it's not popular here doesn't mean it's not popular. But..." she sighs, almost theatrically. "Let me go, and I'll see what I can do about the article."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #587 on: July 30, 2012, 07:54:16 PM »
>"Widely viewed, yes, but does that mean that people actually pay attention to the articles?"
>"But at any rate, there's just one last thing to do. Mokou, apply 'that one' now."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #588 on: July 30, 2012, 08:14:42 PM »
>"Widely viewed, yes, but does that mean that people actually pay attention to the articles?"

Aya falls silent. You suppose she never even considered that.

>"But at any rate, there's just one last thing to do. Mokou, apply 'that one' now."

Mokou grins. "Time for the real medicine, Aya..." Aya backs away a bit at this, but Mokou just gives her a swift kick in the solar plexus, causing Aya's mouth to be forced open. With some deft speed, Mokou shoves the spoonful of habaneirou in, and the reaction is something to see. The first thing you notice is Aya starts crying. A lot. Her face burns up more than you've seen yet too, and she tries to speak, but no words come out. She actually looks to be in rather intense pain.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #589 on: July 30, 2012, 08:22:57 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, note to self; Never apply an entire spoonful of that to anything, unless we have plenty of something else to tone it down."
>"The dill might go good with the cod. Mokou, try applying a little when Shiku comes back with your portion."
>Let's keep an eye on Aya, see how things flow.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #590 on: July 30, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, note to self; Never apply an entire spoonful of that to anything, unless we have plenty of something else to tone it down."
>"The dill might go good with the cod. Mokou, try applying a little when Shiku comes back with your portion."
>Let's keep an eye on Aya, see how things flow.

(Holy crap I completely forgot about Shiku)

Mokou nods. "Actually, I'll go get her. It'd just be cruel to eat with her watching, ya know?" With that, she slips out of the room. You are now alone with Aya, who appears to be trying to curl up into a ball, clenching her teeth. The bindings on her hands and feet make that rather difficult, however.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #591 on: July 30, 2012, 08:29:59 PM »
>Well, seems even Mokou has some sort of morals. As screwy as they are.
>"So, how are you feeling? Does it burn?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #592 on: July 30, 2012, 08:33:46 PM »
>Well, seems even Mokou has some sort of morals. As screwy as they are.

It definitely seems like it - although you're pretty sure that after giving someone a spoonful of a substance that you don't know what it does, with the expectation to cause extreme pain... eating in front of them isn't quite the place to draw the line.

>"So, how are you feeling? Does it burn?"

Aya glares at you, and actually manages to choke a few words out. "You... you... if I don't die... you..." She can't seem to finish her sentence, though, before falling into a crying-coughing fit. It certainly doesn't look pretty.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #593 on: July 30, 2012, 08:48:46 PM »
>"Don't worry, you'll probably just be hurting like that for a while. I don't know how long, because I've never actually used that spice before. But it seems to be even hotter than Wasabi though."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #594 on: July 30, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »
>"Don't worry, you'll probably just be hurting like that for a while. I don't know how long, because I've never actually used that spice before. But it seems to be even hotter than Wasabi though."

Aya seems to be recovering, if slowly. "I don't care how offended you were, this is torture. Lord Tenma WILL put your head on a spike for this," she manages to growl out. She tries to loom and look threatening, but it doesn't work very well with the bindings.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #595 on: July 30, 2012, 08:51:27 PM »
>What do we know of Tenma?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #596 on: July 30, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »
>What do we know of Tenma?

Not much - the Tengu tend to keep most information about him to themselves. It makes it easier to threaten people with his anger that way. Reimu tells you that she met him once, though, and that he wasn't anything like most of the Tengu threats make him out to be. He's actually a rather fair ruler, and knows when his own people have done wrong.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #597 on: July 30, 2012, 08:56:31 PM »
>Smirk. "Oh really? I happen to know he's not the sort to do that. Rather nice chap really, should remember to invite him over for tea sometime." It's a partial bluff, but whatever works!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #598 on: July 30, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »
>Smirk. "Oh really? I happen to know he's not the sort to do that. Rather nice chap really, should remember to invite him over for tea sometime." It's a partial bluff, but whatever works!

Aya begins to grow a bit unnerved. "But... no, surely the torture, the raw abusive torture of a tengu will be enough to spur him to action." She actually smiles a bit, and you notice for the first time a small trickle of blood coming out the side of her mouth. Maybe you DID overdo it a little. "Go on, invite him over for tea. Then just give me 30 seconds to explain what you did to me."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #599 on: July 30, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »
>Smirk. "All you did was bite the inside of your mouth."
>"And besides, can it really be considered torture if you were fed things you can soon recover from? I was in need of a means of finding out what those spices did anyhow, and you happened to be offensive enough to merit being used as a guinea pig."
>Smile. "You want torture? Perhaps I'll leave you with Yuuka for a while then~"

>"And another thing, how do you think he'll respond when he finds that you deliberately spread false news? The only truth in that article about me and my Shikigami was that they became Shikigami."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:11:19 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!